Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cayman Islands  (Read 775 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 302
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Cayman Islands
« on: December 05, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

The Cayman Islands is an autonomous British Overseas Territory in the western Caribbean Sea. The 264-square-kilometre (102-square-mile) territory comprises the three islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, which are located to the south of Cuba and northeast of Honduras, between Jamaica and the Yucatán Peninsula. The total population of the three islands is approximately 60,765. The capital city is George Town, situated on Grand Cayman.

The Cayman Islands is considered to be part of the geographic Western Caribbean Zone as well as the Greater Antilles. The territory is often considered a major world offshore financial haven for international businesses and many wealthy individuals.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Cayman Islands
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 12:42:08 AM »

It was a modern house built into an ancient fortress. A juxtaposition of sorts, but somehow made the place all the more appealing. Yet it was a mystery to all as to why it never seemed to be used that much, and why it was never up for sale despite proposed offers reaching the millions of US Dollars or even British Pounds to buy the place.

But this was all irrelevant to Captain Larissa Koralova, SVR. She had been grabbed by the enemy agents in the Russian Embassy, drug out of sight and then they were all beamed here. Now she was bound to a chair in the basement of the lavish place. Her wrists were bound by metal wire, her shoes and socks were removed and her feet dunked in a metal tub of water. A car battery sat on the table across from her, and the door in or out was a metal one with a sliding view slat.

The door opened and five men entered. One was large and cruel looking, with blonde hair that was almost white and blue eyes, in a black shirt and black pants. The other was an older man holding  laptop, and the other three were armed guards, wearing tactical gear and armed with Zastava AK-type rifles. Judging by the straight magazines, they were the 5.56 NATO versions at that.

The older man simply opened the laptop and let it boot up before toggling on the media player.

"Hello, Miss Koralova. You have proven a most tenacious enemy, as your peers were either reassigned from my case or otherwise dealt with. But I'm afraid I cannot have you interfering in my work any longer. So, I will make you an offer; either you become host to a Goa'uld and become my lieutenant, or Mister Kaufmaan here is going to make your life unpleasant until you agree to become a host and my lieutenant. I am quite generous to my people, you would live in comfort and enjoy power and riches, perhaps even one day become a voice of guidance for Russia itself. Your only choice is to decide how much of your pride will cause you pain. Consider carefully." Ba'al's voice said before the man closed the laptop and left with the guards, leaving her with who she presumed was "Mister Kaufmaan".

"Well?" He asked, cocking his head.

"I've got a better place for you to jam that snake." Larissa replied in her native Russian.

"I was hoping you would say that."

The big man drew back and punched her hard across the face, then pushed her head back and punched her hard in the stomach to knock the wind out of her before grabbing the jumper cable ends attached to the car battery.

"I just bought this battery too. We should get plenty of use from it."

He clipped both ends onto the wire that bound her wrists and Larissa was now in a world of pain as she was being electrocuted. He stopped and resumed at random intervals, breaking it up with physical blows to her, occasionally knocking her chair over and having to stand her back up, but the Russian agent wasn't about to break...yet.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »

>>From Odyssey>>

Whilst on the ship being issued with their final assortment of gear, Syd going for something smaller and lighter then ending up with the HK416c much the same as the version the Atlantis Mako team were using; the team was updated on further intel for the landing zone. The fortress (that's what they were calling it) was situated on top of a rocky outcrop overlooking a beach on the eastern end of the main Cayman island. A few miles north of the famous Morrit's resort, just above the Queen's Highway; from their landing zone on the beach among a palm grove, they had a 150 feet climb up. Climbing gear was added, the reason being that to beam directly into the compound wouldn't give them time for last minute observations and the choice of entry point.

Added to what she had on advice from the ship's armorer, a suppressor was fitted, NVG sight and the standard nightlight on the rail. Along with that she carried the SIG P229, a ZAT, several flash bangs and frags.

Around twenty five minutes after leaving the SGC, the team appeared on a sandy beach, 2038 hours local time. There was cloud cover which made it even seem darker, with them moving quickly in among the palms to go over their next move. Syd double checked her watch, grinning at something from the past when working with Malcolm, he had switched her watch in the dark while they were waiting for a target to move. Syd had taken hers off, laying it on a rocky wall while she adjusted her compass band; Malcolm replaced Syd's watch with a 'Micky Mouse' watch, Sydney not noticing until they had to move. One day, she promised, one day.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »

"...that's what Simmons bought Maybourne? That's obscene." Malcolm commented with a scowl as he readied his own suppressed HK416C.

"Local authorities have the area locked down for a little while. Cover is that there was a HAZMAT roll over on the highway." Malcolm explained, "While you guys were gearing up, I also saw that there was a sensor blip from Colombia to this location. I'm not sure what that means yet, but keep an eye out. We just need to get in there, get Koralova, and get out. We'll have to cut the power for their jammer on the way out."

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:54:01 AM »

Callaghan spent not even a minute aboard the spaceship when he suddenly found himself down in the Caymans. The rest of his team was there as well, along with the pile that was their equipment. The Major picked up a plate carrier and removed the tape that displayed his name before putting it on.

"Alright fellers," Callaghan started. "I don't anticipate us being here for more than a few hours. We're going to just take our assault equipment. Leave the packs here. Except you, Doc. Do take your ruck along." he ordered. He then removed his hip holster and placed the MEU(SOC) into the holster on his vest. Then he grabbed his FN SCAR-H STD (Designated Mk.17 STD by USSOCOM) and picked up the ammunition for his weapons. Additionally, he took 2 fragmentation grenades and 4 flashbangs. He took a few additional items before checking to see if everyone else was set.

When they were, he moved over to the male agent. "We're good to go, sir. What's the plan?" he said as he removed his barracks cover and replaced it with his helmet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:56:24 AM by Justin »
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 03:05:51 PM »

"We can expect that the guards here will likely be private security but well trained. Figure a PMC with ex-military, and they probably won't mess around on their gear either. The place will likely have the same level of surveillance and protection as a CIA safehouse, probably some surprises hidden away too." Malcolm replied, grabbing the climbing gear from one of the bags. "So, we'll have to split up and move as fast as possible. Our objectives are Agent Koralova and the jammer keeping us from beaming out."

He pulled out his phone and pulled up an image of the agent in question for them to see who it was they were coming for.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"This is who we're after. Captain Larissa Koralova, Russian Foreign Intelligence Service. A couple things I noted. First, her language skills are top notch, so her English will not have a trace of an Eastern accent to it. Second, she has been given combat training, though it was as vague as the Russians typically leave such things." Malcolm explained before deleting the picture and tucking the phone away, "If we can't get the jammer, last ditch plan is to steal vehicles and we drive as far as we have to in order to get clear, but I'd rather have to avoid that."

"Agent Bristow and I will be one team, you guys will be the other. Move fast and hit hard, any questions?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »

"No not really Malcolm, I should add though that from what we know as you said these people will be trained on a level possibly equal to ours. In other words they are professionals." She herself began laying out the climbing lines and cinches for the hill. Not too shabby either, around 150 feet and all but vertical. Still they were trained for this. "Don't get choosy about your targets, they will kill us on sight, so its going to be shoot move, cover your buddy to the next target and keep going until we have agent Koralova in hand. The jammer shouldn't be too hard to locate, I'll take care of that part once we have her. Are we ready?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:34:40 PM »

"Well, then let's get a move on. Losing time, and she may be in danger of being executed." Malcolm said, securing his gear before pulling out the launcher to fire up the grappling hook. Once that was in place and tight, he began climbing up the rock face carefully and deliberately.

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »

Callaghan made sure the image of the woman they had set out to find was etched into his mind before stepping aside so his team could have a look as well. "No questions, sir" the Major responded before turning back to his team.

"Hernandez and Morgan. I want you set up an overwatch in that tower" he stated as he pointed out the tower. From below, they could barely see the top of it. The two Sergeants nodded. "Alright then, let's go" the Major said before allowing two men to grab the grappling launchers. Two more ropes were shot up next to the Agent's, and after making sure they were in place the Major began climbing up.
CHARACTER LIST:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »

With everything set, Sydney took one last look around their surroundings, as dark as it was she could clearly make out obvious outlines set against the background light of the town not far below the complex. She unfurled her climbing gear, using the more conventional method of a weighted line with a winged cleat. Swinging that in an arc, she let it play out vertically until it hit the top or near as to as she could, then pulled hard down on it for the cleat to wedge into a crevice.

The climb up was relatively easy with little sweat involved, though it was becoming obvious to her that the owner wasn't expecting anyone hitting them from this angle. When she finally found purchase on flat ground, they had about a meters width to stand on, between the wall of the compound and the cliff top. Not much. One hundred and fifty feet straight down could kill you. Sydney retrieved her line before gathering with the team. "Right, so far so good." She said with her back against the wall. "I guess about ten feet up. I'll go first then give you the clear when I'm satisfied we're all good." She was well aware they had a clock ticking on them so there was no time to waste.

Switching the end of the line from the winged cleat to a three pronged hook, she threw that over the top hoping it wouldn't make too much noise, made of lightweight titanium with a rubber sheath just for this purpose it made a very dull clunk was it hit the wall behind them, she pulled it back slowly until it caught on something. Sydney leaned back on it to test its strength and once she was happy with it up she went. Along the top of the wall typically was broken glass shards cemented into the rendering; her gloved hands made sure she wasn't going to be cut. Looking over as she held on, it seemed clear. "I'm over, watch the glass." She whispered to them below, then she disappeared, dropping down and taking up a guard position with her rifle at the ready.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 02:06:23 AM »

Getting up had been the easy part. Getting in was now the tricky matter.

"Okay, we need to do this quick. Looks like there's side entry, plus the pool area around the back and the front doors. I'm going to say that Sydney and I hit from one of the sides. Major, you take which ever you think will work. We move in and sweep this place. Don't worry about finesse, once we're in, speed will be more important." Malcolm explained.

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »

Callaghan was the first of his team to climb over the wall, and then made sure everyone else got over as well. He nodded towards Hernandez and Morgan, and then they were off. Callaghan then took the rest of his team to the front entrance. He placed a breach charge on the door and stepped back.

The Major fished the detonator from a pocket and signaled a 3-second countdown. After reaching one, he pulled the trigger. He went in with his rifle raised almost immediately after. There was only one hostile in the main lobby, and he was stumbling back to his feet. Callaghan made short work of him by shooting two rounds into the man's torso, and a third into his head.

"Wolfpack has cleared the lobby. We're going up" the Major spoke on the radio as he began moving up the stairs.
CHARACTER LIST:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »

Leaning against the wall Sydney scanned the area to confirm Malcolm's assessment, as usual he was spot on. Nothing new about that. Before she could even agree to his plan Callaghan and his team were off at the run for the front entrance; for her and Barrett the rear was the closest of course along with the pool and she knew well from experience that the obvious wasn't the path to choose. "If they're trained, they'll expect us to hit them from either the rear entrance or the pool doors. Side entrance...we should have brought claymores by the way."

Quickly and quietly despite the clamor form TF Wolfpack, Syd for made the side door of the large home sticking close to the walls, slipping beneath windows where necessary. She pressed to the door trying to filter out the noise from the front, then tried the handle, it opened easily.

Two steps in, Sydney saw the shadows of at least three figures in a room to her left, their reflections showed faintly on the partially opened door. With her left hand she gave Barrett three fingers, then pulled a flash bang lobbing it into the room.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »

"Not now. This is as rush as a job gets, can't go wishing for what we don't have." Malcolm replied as they swept inside.

Malcom waited before swinging around the corner. The disoriented men were in casual clothes under tactical gear, armed with some kind of short barreled AK-variant, Serbian made chambered in 5.56 NATO. His mind was attempting to analyse the situation but his reflexes were working already.

He snapped up his HK416C and fired controlled bursts into each man, dropping each one quickly. There was more shouting, muffled through the walls, but likely whoever else was here was reacting. The clock was ticking, and not just for them.

"Grey door, courtyard. I think the specs said that's where the basement is. Get to it before they decide to blow her brains out." Malcolm said, turning around to provide cover.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »

Flattening herself to the wall, Sydney waited for Malcolm to take out the first three. This was as they say in the text books, do or die. She sprinted for the first corner, looked back at him with her mouth moving with the words "Just a thought for next time." That with a hungry look in her eyes.

Easing her head out slightly, still with the ruckus out from Wolfpack, her scan went up seeing movement above along the upper floor walkway. Two very quick shots brought down one Tango, then another appeared behind him, with that one being just a little quicker as a chunk of masonry covered her head in white power from the wayward shot. A single bullet from Syd's rifle went straight through his chest; he slumped on the railing, then went A over head landing in a thump down into the very stair well she had to make for. Before she started she called back to Barrett. "Clear." Then darted across the open space in the inner courtyard, her head going left, right, up and down as she did. Just above she head the squeaking of a door opening; Syd ducked into the lower stairwell before raising a pointed finger up to let Malcolm know there were more above him.

She passed the body of her second victim, ignoring the fact he had fallen head first, went down two flights then along a narrow cement lined corridor with a left turn. At the end of that was a single door, closed of course. Pausing before moving on, she radioed Callaghan. "Major, Bristow here. I'm on the basement level, but the upper levels are still active, top floor and look for a room with computers plural. There should be at least two hooked up together. Copy?"

Pages: [1] 2