Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Favorite firearm used by SGC teams  (Read 149 times)

Artemis

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Artemis A new starter.
Favorite firearm used by SGC teams
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:16:00 PM »

The earth weapons in use by the SGC teams are: the MP5, P90, M16, G36K, M60. Add any if i have missed anything. I personally prefer the P90, large ammo capacity, compact size.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Favorite firearm used by SGC teams
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »

Well what you then have here is, are we limiting this to just SG-1 or dose Atlantis and Universe come up as well?

Because you also have the MP7, the FN Minimi (Cant remember the american name for it.) A bunch of M16's and M4's, M9's Para Ordnance P14. the HK G3 Sniper varient, I believe SG-15 at one point uses an SL8 for reasons, SG-3 carries some kind of Barrat.

Artemis

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Artemis A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »

All the SG-1, Atlantis and Universe weapons we have seen. That is what I meant.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate:_SG1

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate:_Atlantis

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe

The list is way longer than you think, trust me.

I mean, I'm glad the P90 got onto the show, gave it a ton of recognition and even gave the show more of an identity. I wasn't too thrilled with the MP5 being the main weapon, especially when even in the movie, they had CAR-15s. Don't get me wrong, the MP5 is a fine weapon, I had the opportunity to shoot one myself, it's a stable firearm, but I feel like 9mm was a bad idea to take up against Jaffa armor. The only good thing SGU did was have the UMP-45, and I mean it was the ONLY good thing SGU did. At all.

I do admit too that one thing I liked was if the Replicators were going to be shown, until the ARG, you knew the shotguns were coming out to play, even if neither the USAS-12 or SPAS-12 ever saw use in the USAF. That I let slide in my mind because it was just plain straight up cool.

I also liked that Sheppard not only went to a 1911 as his sidearm, since really, the Beretta has a lot of bad stigma in US Special Operations (this is traced back to early M9s having some rather serious teething issues, plus they were being issued with poor quality third party magazines early on), but then he goes one step further to use a double-stack version, which aren't often seen or heard of by most. One thing that I'm surprised about is that they never once went anywhere near the FN Five-Seven, which if you think about it's relation to the P90, is odd indeed. Guess that one would have to wait for Splinter Cell to get some fame...

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »

I love IMFDB.

As far as the FN Five Seven not being used goes I have heard through the internet rumour mill. It was a plan for Season 7. But apparently FN 5.7×28mm blanks became expensive. (As seen with the Carter Special being introduced for Season 6. The blanks never went down to a cheap enough price in Season 7, cheap enough for them to have more P90's again but not cheap enough to justify buying pistols in the same cartridge.
I dont know how true it is, but it sounds some what believable from the few Movies I have worked on.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »

I know the blanks price went up, although I find it odd that 4.6mm was within budget enough to introduce the MP7 onto the show, they must've cut a deal with H&K or someone. The armory, though, has done a lot of shows and movies. My friend met a guy with an Ontario-based armory who cut a deal in such a way that they could get a hold of anything they wanted, plus they're not bound by the same laws as American ones are.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 07:03:54 AM »

Yeah, I did imagine 4.6 would be more expensive though its also not uncommon for gun company's to sponsor their guns in TV shows and films, I believe its Lone Survivor where the SIG's were replaced with Beretta M9's because Beretta provided all the 9mm blanks, though the G36 and MP-7's were meant to replace the P90's on Stargate but apparently audiences didn't react well, so I could imagine that maybe a deal was made between the Armourer and H&K and knowing that the crew were interested in swapping out the P90 it could have made Stargate a prime target for the Armourer to make good on the deal. Again it didn't happen on screen so its not really easy to find out the truth behind it. 

lethal-pageant