Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need some help with a Beckett Image  (Read 169 times)

planettv

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • planettv A new starter.
Need some help with a Beckett Image
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:15:22 AM »

This the image:

I have this image mostly edited around thanks to Corel PSP's auto selection (X8) and the edit selection features but I'm stuck at one part where the hair and the background kind of blend in together.

If someone could take the image (first image in post), draw a solid white border where the hair ends and save it as a .png that would be great. Then I can use it as a template to finish the edit. Thanks to anyone who can help.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
Re: Need some help with a Beckett Image
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »

I'd give it a try if I could, but lack PS nowadays on my lappie :/

Knowing from my previous experience though, it is very hard to make an edit like that (dark hair/bright background) and make it look natural. Difficult to make it blend in a nice way. You sure you must have it on white?? So much easier to have a darker background.
IMHO The auto select is rather crappy and I usually enhanced the pic to where I saw the individual pixels and work manually from there. Takes a lot of time and effort, but it is so worth it.  :yes:

planettv

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:06 PM »

NG thanks for the reply.

All I wanted was for someone to make their best guess as to where the hair ends and the background begins in that one section and use the paint brush tool to paint a white line (1px). That white line is what I would use as a guideline to finish the edit. It doesn't matter what program is is used (Gimp, PS, PSP, etc.) In the end, the edit will be saved as a .png with a transparent background.

Your enhancing the picture gave me an idea. What I am going to try is using the PhotoImapct Pro 13 effect emphasize edges and see if a layer with the image using that effect would make a good template. If that doesn't work I will make a post in this thread.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »

If she hasn't seen this already my daughter should be able to help @Mim

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 275
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »

:yes: Yep got the message Mum :D

@planettv are you wanted to crop Carson from the background completely to use separately?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:08:37 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

planettv

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 03:01:54 PM »

:yes: Yep got the message Mum :D

@planettv are you wanted to crop Carson from the background completely to use separately?

[imghttps://i.imgfly.me/UWH9q.png[/img]http://

Thank you for that Mim. Yes that's what I wanted. After I made my previous post but before I saw your post and your mother's, I tried my emphasize edges idea and finished edit one just before I saw your post. With Edit 2, I cleaned up the image a little bit more and used what you had done as template to make sure that I was completely done editing the image.

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

So again, thank you for taking the time to do that.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 275
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

You're more than welcome. :) I did have to fudge it a bit doing his left side as it was very difficult to get a perfect line. So I got as close as I could, then used the bloat tool in PS to adjust that side of his hairline to look more curved and realistic. I didn't see the right side edge line until I posted it here  :fp Glad you liked the end result :)

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

lethal-pageant