Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 17239 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2019, 09:18:53 PM »

"Quiet woman." Fran thought of Aurore when she left. Possibly someone who might need some company when the time was right. Once the XO was out of the office Fran returned her attention to the others. "You may need to spend some time with your executive officer Michelle, she appears to me to be the lonely type, I think she could do with some moral support at some point." She took a vacant chair.

"I won't delay you all then now until the ceremony is about thirty minutes away. Alex...you're welcome by the way. You'll need to see me at that time, ready and dressed. Michelle I won't need to see you again until you walk down the aisle so you'd better get a hustle on I think." Her eyes then cast over the two girls. "They never change do they? Young woman I mean."

Just as Aurore had left, Miki re-entered the main office looking rather pleased with herself. She had managed to get all the important paperwork done so that the rest of her afternoon could be free to help Michelle and Alex. "I overheard Colonel San, forgive me. I have called him, forwarding your request to him. His answer 'Wild horses couldn't keep him away'. He will see you there as you arrive."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:00:16 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »

"Thank you Major, you've been a superb help." Alex meant it, the woman had done what was expected and more. He'd remember that.

The time was moving forward rapidly now, he knew that, the atmosphere from everyone told him so and as much as he wanted to be with Michelle every minute, he knew for the next few hours they had to part. The only thing he had to do was shower, shave and put on his dress blues; even if retired, he was entitled to wear them which was his choice. "I'll be there Fran, count on it." He stood at that point, gave Michelle a deep hug and kiss on the cheek before asking Miki. "Chief is there a room I can use to change?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »

Michelle chuckled as Bobbie and Kim disappeared again.  No, the two never did change.  Although Fran's comment about Aurore was also very true.  She nodded slightly.  "I do believe you are right.  As soon as I get back to work I'll see what I can do," she promised.  She knew it had taken her a while to get used to being on Zulu and she had hoped to have the same type of working atmosphere here.

She laughed and hugged her fiance. "See you soon, handsome.  And thanks again, Fran."  With that Michelle spun on her heel, knowing she needed to move it if she hoped to get her hair done.  A dress she had a feeling was out of the question.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #288 on: January 24, 2019, 09:08:49 PM »

"Speaking of which, Miki I'll need to change as well, I assume the base Padre has a private suite adjacent to the chapel." She wasn't one to go around the hallways in her underwear for sure.  "It is a pleasure Michelle, no go on with you." Typically the bride was always late in most cases anyway.

There were things the Commander's steward had to do before the moment as well, things she could attend to mostly from her desk at least. "Yes there is sir and Commander McCarthy can lead you there. In the chapel there is of course the Chaplain's office and rooms, next to that is a guests room."

"Now that is handy, I think I'll make a request at the SGC for the same thing." Fran saw the need for it. "Come on then Alex, a wedding waits for no man."

<<To Chapel>>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2019, 03:34:13 PM »

Right at that very moment Alex felt the first pangs of nerves. At the tender age of fifty two, having been a bachelor his entire life even to the extent in those four decades since his teens he could virtually count his girlfriends on one hand, the last of those some ten years ago. He had always said quite openly, much like a Priest, or more rightly a Nun, he was married to the Air Force, that entity was his wife. Then there was a point in your life that things and attitudes do change, a point where you realize the utter futility of living that kind of life, in the end you knew instinctively where it will end, bitter loneliness as you grew older.

Who though was going to accept an old fellow on the wrong side of youth, with one leg? He had never planned anything beyond trying to muddle through life as best as he could until that day Michelle walked into his life; the heavens opened up for him and he had every reason in the world now to make sure her life was the best he could give her for merely the gift of love she had given him. Nerves, yes he was feeling life a sixteen year old on his first date. "And I'll see you light up that chapel when you walk down that aisle Michelle." He touched her arm briefly and affectionately before acceding to Fran's demands. "Coming Reverend."

<<To Chapel>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2019, 06:55:42 PM »

October 4, 2011

"Attention. Attention. My name is One. I am now in charge of this facility. I have twenty-two hostages in the Gate Room. You do not have access to this area any longer, nor do you have eyes or ears in here. If you are seen within five meters of any blast door, I will execute a hostage for every thirty seconds anyone is present. Your communications network is down, this includes phones, radios, and subspace communications. Your air defense network is now set to fire on any aircraft that approach this base or attempt to leave."

"State who you are and the conditions of the hostages. If you deviate, I will kill three. Speak."

"This is Major Brian Coffin, SG-7. All hostages are currently medically healthy."

"It is currently seven minutes until the hour. The commander of this facility will be at their office phone in that time for my demands. If you do not, I will deem this a forfeit of the hostages lives."

The sound of the Stargate being activated was heard fairly much over most levels, not to mention Sharon's call of a team coming through. SG-19? To Miki that was odd. She knew that there were times SGC teams needed to rotate through or use the Alpha site, but generally Michelle was briefed each morning as to what teams were active on that day. Miki had the full list in front of her. SG-1, SG-4, SG-12, 9 and 22; nothing was mentioned of SG-19 and that rang alarm bells in her head. Those same alarm bells became Big Ben striking the hour when the PA call came. She dropped her coffee, that fell on the floor as she rushed from her outer office into Michelle's.

"Colonel, you heard?" She said worry written all over her face.

@sorra

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2019, 08:29:24 PM »

Michelle has just been about to slip out to grab a cup of coffee when the PA system blared to life.  Her blood ran cold before anger took hold.  How dare some rogue team posing as an SG Team come to Alpha Site and think they could take over and start making demands.  Oh no.  Not again.  She was not playing a Zulu Station again.  She was not losing more people.

She turned as Miki rushed in, looking pale.  "I heard," she growled.  "And they're fools if they think we'll just sir by like whipped pups.  I'll be here when they call, but until then I want you to see about getting a hold of Bobbie, Kim, TJ, and Teya.  See if they can get control of our air defense again.  If they can't get control then shut it down.  I don't care what they have to do.  I will deal with that later.  Keeping our people alive is the main game now."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2019, 11:02:29 PM »

Knowing the danger a foothold situation posed, Miki wasted no time in getting her act together. "I'll go personally to the Command Center so we get our people working on it immediately. If our phone and radio network is truly down, I'll have a lot of running around to do. We have the bikes Colonel, so I suppose getting out to the airfield won't take more than five minutes. I'd answer them and please Colonel, use every stalling tactic in the book you have." She turned to go then stopped. "Should I try to contact Josille?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2019, 11:24:49 PM »

The rest of SG-7 immediately made their way to the CO's office, with command now falling to Captain Nikolai Koralov. The newly minted Sergent-chef, Denis Vallois, was right behind him. Astrid was pulling out her tablet from her pack, letting Doctor Grecko in before her.

"Colonel. SG-7 is at the ready, standing by for orders." Nikolai said. As soon as she could, Astrid held up her tablet.

"Whoever this person is, they are not bluffing. I have no signals, Wi-Fi or Cellular."

"...merde." Denis swore.

"Colonel. Whoever is behind this knew precisely how and where to strike. They declared a medical emergency to get past any questions and to obtain hostages without risking their own lives by trying to take security personnel hostage." Grecko added.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #294 on: September 18, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »

Michelle blew out a breath.  How had this happened? She nodded.  "You can bet your boots I'll answer them.  Just stay safe and I'll do what I can on my enf." She considered Miki's question.  "It can't hurt.  She might have an idea."

Just as Michelle was about to sit at her desk and wait for the dreaded call the rest of SG-7 walked in.   Perfect. Thinge5 had just gotten worse.  "So they weren't bluffing, " she growled, clenching her fists.   She could really use Alex's support right now, but she couldn't dwell on that. 

She considered her options.  "I want one of you with Miki while she tries to reach the others.  We can't approach the Gate Room yet.  I'm not ready to test them yet and chance a loss of life.  We'll see just what their demands are.  Keep on your ties though and ears open."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #295 on: September 18, 2019, 09:51:20 PM »

Miki's raven head swiveled around quickly when seven came in, her dark eyes went wide. "Do we know they are holding? Not that it will change things. Colonel...I'd best make haste." Looking at the team's members she wasn't about to make the choice herself.

"The Colonel is correct two is better. Can any of you ride a motor cycle? In this case Yamaha WR450, although any off road riding experience would do." She nodded again to the Colonel. "Josile will be out on the riding range at this hour, we are doing the 'getting to know the locals' familiarisation with a few of our new recruits."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2019, 10:28:52 PM »

"Colonel, I don't think you understood me. I am in command here, not you. Your pilots and aircrew will suffer for your arrogance."

"...oh my god. They have access to the Security system." Astrid said, already grabbing a chair and using it as a stepladder to disconnect the security camera in the Colonel's office.

"Which means they will know of our plans." Stan added.

"I'll go with you, Chief. Come on, we need to move now." Denis said, already unslinging his M4A1 and heading for the door. Stan handed Miki his P90 and ammo pouches.

"We need comms back, and we need them yesterday. Is there somewhere other than the base we can re-establish them? We can attempt to secure it and try to get a message out." Nikolai said.

"It will be easier to bypass any lockout there, too." Astrid added.

"Colonel, best if they go. I can remain here and assist you in negotiations. I used to serve in Polish Special Forces, we trained for such scenarios." Stan said.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #297 on: September 19, 2019, 11:07:44 PM »

Blinking as she always did when pressed with a difficult situation, Miki's mind was working at a hundred a minute. Then she looked up, a flash came into her mind. "The cell phones are independent of the base systems, the towers are outside of the base and the main communication satellite is controlled by the Cavaleros, it was a gift to them. Once we're out in the open I am sure we can call in all those on leave easily, most of them will be in Foreston for Spring Harvest festival." Sweat started pouring from her brow as that bright mind tried to fathom out something else. Then it occurred to her. "Colonel san, you'll need to open the safe I think." Special items such as security keys etc and the control crystals for the old DHD were kept there.

"Astrid, the old Stargate north of the city, the one we use as a decoy. Since it is the original Stargate of this planet, if the dialing crystals we replaced back into the DHD wouldn't it override the one in the gate room?" She was quite certain that was how it worked at least and there was one last thing. "The command bunker, one level above us can only be gained through a four foot thick blast door with both a hand and iris scanner. Other than those detailed in there or those off duty, only Colonel Bixby, our former XO and myself can gain access. From there we can override any system hacking and regain control of the base." There wasn't any more she could do now, other than to get outside with Denis. She held the P90 like a lover, one she was going make sure took care of her.

"This way." She led him out through to her inner office, but rather than out into the main passageway she went to the large double door cabinet by the wall; she opened it, felt inside behind the hinge to press something. The cabinet moved with the sound of an air hiss, then swung back to reveal a flight of stairs going down. "This is not known among most base personnel, in fact we never knew it was here until we had studied the old ancient schematics only recently. The opening had been covered with plaster long ago...."

<<To Air Wing via underground service tunnels>>

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]