Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Level 21 Medical Division CMO and Surgeon General's Offices  (Read 447 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Level 21 Medical Division CMO and Surgeon General's Offices
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:41:37 PM »

A short walk to the right as you enter Med Bay and approach the Nurse's station facing you are the twin offices of the Chief Medical Officer and Stargate Command's Surgeon General. The two rooms are connected by a door between each suite, with their own entry door in the hallway.

Current CMO:

Doctor Carrie Svensson (Currently CMO of Dreadnought

Current Surgeon General:

Rear Admiral Anne MacGregor RAN

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Level 21 Medical Division CMO and Surgeon General's Offices
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 06:39:34 PM »

<CMO's Office>

"Andy, its Kim. Can you pop down to Triage 2 please. I have Major Fred Rivers with a possible cranial  concussion and bruising on the left Anterior."

@NG

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 01:25:22 PM »

< CMO's office >

{ NPC - Dr Andy Flemming }

With a sigh, Andy clicked the comms, “On my way, Kim,” logged out from the computer and pushed away from his desk - Carrie’s desk, he quickly corrected himself as he moved out of the office.
He had no wish what so ever to be stuck behind a desk and his slow rising in the ranks over the years was a dead give away. He was a medical doctor first, last and always, but the longer he had to stay as CMO of the SGC, he was afraid that it might attract the attention of the higher-ups and he’d be shipped off to Washington or some other godforsaken place on this planet.

>> To Med bay >>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »

<Surgeon General's Office>

"Come in lass and please don't mind the mess will you. This is all new and I've yet to organise things the way I'd like it." Anne said to Sarah apologetically. The room wasn't all that bad other than the desk looking as if it had been shoved into position without much thought, the couch that should be against the wall was about a meter out and the bookshelves were basically non existent as they were still in their flat packs on the floor, leaving all of Anne's books in packing boxes elsewhere. The examination bed at least was in the right place, she had made sure of that herself, as where the important tools of her trade nearby. With her hand loosely hanging in the direction of the bed Anne told her. "Hop on the scales for me Sarah, we'll go through the motions although I am insisting that we keep this as casual as we can. Nerves is the last thing you need to be feeling right now." The scales were nearby on the floor.

@sorra

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 04:35:05 PM »

Sarah laughed a bit as she set her still half full cup on a corner of a desk.  "No worries.  My office is still a mess," she admitted.  She wound get it clean then it would get messy again.  Well that was a project for another day.  Although she saw what Anne meant.  There was still a lot to do.  ""Ooh joy the scales," she laughed good naturedly  as she moved to step onto the scale.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 05:58:29 PM »

<CMO's Office>

*Radio*

"Andy, Fred's back from Radiology, Karen hadn't left so we were lucky, I'd take twice as long to do it. She said you'd have the report in ten minutes."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »

With her chair being used as a zip around the office contraption, Anne wheeled herself over to the scales leaning out slightly to see the result, her smile being one of someone who was quite impressed  with something as she noted the numbers on the digital read out. "Fifty six kilos my dear, not bad for three is it?" That number included the Tok'ra symbiote, which Anne penciled into her journal. She mused on the fact that no one had ever really bothered to take that into consideration, with her assumption being from Sarah's files and her previous weigh ins over the years that put the symbiote at roughly three hudred grams give or take.

"Now that you've made a little record here on that score, take a seat Sarah while we chat. I'll need to organise an ultra sound for you, your first in fact. So, how are you feeling generally?" Her legs pushed on the carpet so that she back peddled towards her desk, Anne patted the chair on the left side for Sarah's benefit.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:33:36 PM »

Sarah watched the scale.  This was all very new to her and bugger anyhow if she didn't miss Sean.  He should be here with her.  This was his little one too.  She blinked.  "Three? Oh yeah I guess you're right." Chimri had been quite quiet since the baby.  Although at least she hadn't been drastically sick.

The young woman dropped into the offered seat with a sigh.  "Hmm, I hadn't thought about that." Sarah thought for a minute.  "Tired.  And my feet are killing me,  I notice I run out of energy quickly," she admitted,  that wasn't good considering her position  at the SGC.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »

"I've been told too often Sarah, it comes with the years I suppose in many ways. I don't think though its a case of being right, more so stating the obvious." The tone wasn't lecturing at all, this was Anne's way of injecting a small slip of humour into the talks she might have with anyone.

Anne leaned forward to feel Sarah's pulse, quite normal at around seventy two. "Most of that is stress, you're far too early to be feeling any great physical strain. Normally I'd give you something for it, in this case all I'm going to do is recommend you relax more. Get out now and then, go for a walk to the top of the Mountain, that will soon sort you out." A few notes were jotted down old school in her diary before doing much the same thing on Sarah's file via the computer. "Very well then lass, I'll need you to pop down to ultra sound at Radiology for me, I'll have one of the technicians there to meet you and we'll see you after that." Anne buzzed the Radiology department to make the appointment before standing. "You are doing well Sarah, very well I have to say."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »

Sarah managed a shaky smile.  " Never thought I'd be doing this alone though, " she admitted softly.  She missed Sean.  Why wasn't he here?

She rolled her eyes with a chuckle.  "Stress? None of us are under stress," she grinned good naturedly.  She would do her best to settle and relax a bit more.  At least as much as she could.  "Thank you, Anne.  I'll head down while I still have some free time."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »

"Damn Sean!" Anne raged inside her head. For while she was a close friend to him for quite a few years now, he had his responsibilities and for what it was worth, as far as Washington and the Admiralty was concerned they could go to hell. Unless he was dead, there isn't an excuse on the planet for him to use to stop him coming home now and then. It was Sarah's business, and in that she was Anne's patient, so perhaps a small intervention medicine might help. "You're not alone Sarah, don't ever think that." She flicked through her schedule, finding it almost empty until she finished in a couple of hours. "Listen, I have not much on now, I'll walk down with you alright?"

<<To Radiology>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

Sarah knew she probably sounded sappy.  It wasn't like her at all, but the pregnancy was making her emotions a bit haywire and darn it anyhow if she didn't miss Sean.  Yes she knew he had other obligations but she needed him here.

She gave her friend a shaky smile.  "I know.  I have so many here who are as close as family." Sarah was surprised by Anne's offer. "I would appreciate that very much as long as you have the time, " she agreed.

lethal-pageant