Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tirnanog  (Read 109 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Tirnanog
« on: April 04, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »

One of a few small worlds under Macha's dominion, those her old sister allowed her to hold title to of course. This particular planet was the Goa'uld's favorite, a mostly watery world with only a handful of continents and none too large either. The largest being her resident island so to speak for in truth they were all just that, large islands and the one she occupied was about the size of Greenland give or take.

The main city also taking the name of the planet resided in the southern semi tropical to slightly temperate, the main palace sitting on a hill overlooking the city itself and the green forests that surrounded it. Everything within that city was on a high technology level, hidden from other's of her kind except her sister and two nieces.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Impiousimp A new starter.
Re: Tirnanog
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »

Macha had ringed down first, heading straight for the labs where she was told Grundel had been spending her time, so her Jaffa had reported.    Not an unwelcome guest given the circumstances, but she did have to apprise the young goa'uld what was happening, what they could do about it, and what their contingency plan could be.   If push comes to shove they could use the weather machine to obscure any Goa'uld sensors, but given the size of the Ha'tak Ba'al had used they need to be prepared.

"Grundel."
  She said, when she finally found the young one.    "Enjoying your stay?  We must speak.   There is much to do and I will require your cooperation."

----
The Jaffa herded SG-18 and Kylee down a long hall, into a room which was well furnished, but fairly well secure.  There was a metal grate over the window, allowing fresh ocean air in, but effectively blocking their escape.    All the windows had a means to shut down, as if some kind of shield around the entire complex.   

"They're giving us VIP treatment, that's for sure..." Kylee said, glancing back at the Jaffa at the door, the two of them still watching the group like hawks. These ones dressed in leather armor tunics.  Conall returned, gesturing to Kylee. 

"You will come with me."

Kylee paled somewhat, glancing to Fox and backing up a bit.   "I'd prefer not to."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 03:11:46 AM »

A flick of red hair swirled as the younger woman, albeit a Goa'uld turned away from the microscope, a smudge of ink was on her nose which was obviously from the notes she had been taking in now a rather thick writing pad on the table. She had taken to writing by hand only recently, finding other far more advanced methods such as the digital touch screen that her older sister used, a little distant. Too convenient. The sensation of seeing your words flow from your own hand intrigued her and of course a lot of that came from the host. She wrote in Welsh, making it even harder for others to decipher her already complex code. "More than I can say Macha. I have just discovered a mollusc living here on your world not entered into the books, taking a sample from its swim bladder there is a rather interesting protein that doesn't match what we've seen..." She realised she was rambling in her typical science mode. "Ask, that is all you need to do."

"Well its better than I expected." Fox said. He of all of them now had a better insight into this particular Goa'uld's mind. He didn't blink either when the Jaffa came for Kylee, the same couldn't be said for Amira, Kayla and Ruffles.

Barking loudly it took everything Kayla had to hold him back. "Easy boy easy." She looked defiantly at the guard. "What do you want with her. We were told we were being set free. Why are we here?" She demanded.

The older woman stepped forward, almost face to face with the Jaffa. "As my friend said, just why are we still here and we came together we intend to stick together. Conall isn't it?" Her inquiry was nothing less than a courtesy to show these people the Tauri had manners. "You know we will be listed as missing, it won't be too long before a search goes out for us."

James merely stood there watching the show, he knew what was going on and he wasn't going to interfere, at least not now.

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:58:57 AM »

"I shall have you file that away for now.   As curious as the local fauna is here, it is banal compared to what I have discovered when I was investigating one of Ba'al's holdings.   I have lost a Ha'tak to that dog but the intelligence gathered as well as a hok'taur greatly makes up for that and the Al'kesh."  Macha explained crisply, pausing to allow the younger process the news she had given her.    "I have a squad of tau'ri in my guest quarters as well, although I have given them the pretense of a truce.   They may be of use if Ba'al manages to track us to this world, but the leader has agreed not to interfere with an examination."

That of course was the priority now, as well as ensuring their defenses are in working order in anticipation for Ba'al's arrival.

"Can I trust you in collecting the necessary samples and examination?   She is capable of producing an electrical plasma as well as moving at great speeds.  I've seen no enhancement to strength but she leapt from an Al'Kesh as it was moving with nothing more than trivial injury.   Or perhaps you would be more interested in managing the long range sensors and defense grid in anticipation for unwelcome guests?"  Macha would welcome help on either, but she was most inclined to extend a gift to her niece in an effort to keep her firmly in her favor.

"Of course you'll have to leave this one in tact.  It may be prudent to attempt to sway her into cooperation, of which someone like you may be capable of." The old queen said with a sly smile.

----------

"You will be released when Lady Macha makes the order, no sooner.   She sends for this one.   Come without resistance."  Conall said, turning his Zat on Kylee.  Kylee glared at the raygun, then at Conall, not budging until he got closer, in which she roundhoused the zat out of his hands, blurred in a movement too fast to see and got in close to Conall.  She had a knife now, his knife, right up to his throat.

"I'm not going anywhere.  I can take every goddamn guy on this island, so keep your hands off of me."  She said, an almost deadly look in her eyes.   Her body arced with electricity which stung the Jaffa, and by the grimace, probably got his symbiote twitching with anxiety.

Of course meanwhile Conall had to step back, retreating given the hostility of the girl and the imminent threat of electrocution, only to step aside when Kylee hinted at relaxing.  The guard at the door fired his zat at the girl.   The pain she felt caused her to seize as the conflicting currents surged through her, she fell to the ground shaking and curling up.  Conall's attempt to touch her resulted in a static shock arcing off of her.

"Send for a transport platform." Conall said, then leered down at the girl.  "You Tau'ri believe you have the ability to reign this creature in?  I imagine she'd be the death of you before you even had a chance to find out."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:38:00 PM by Impiousimp »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:47:03 AM »

Brushing at her face Grundel felt a slight pang of embarrassment knowing she had been caught red handed pursuing one of her favorite delights. "It is infectious, the study I mean." She was speaking through her host as she did most often, but they were of one mind.

"Interesting Macha, Allienna told me he was trying to assert his power again, I doubted her but what you say bodes ill for all of us. So a Tauri hok'taur is it, that is fascinating, I always knew if there was one to be found it would be among them; so we have a possible tool to use against him, and indeed others who might encroach on our worlds. I think that with your choice of me examining her is most prudent. I can do that with as little harm to the subject as possible. She is being brought here?"

"Hey knock it off!" James stepped in with a very aggressive stance. "I could take you down without blinking buddy and you know it. We were told we were going to be treated with respect and so far you are doing a rotten job of it. Your snake wants to examine her? Then she sticks with the bargain or you'll wish you had never seen us. Amira, go with Kylee and make sure the Macha follows our agreement."

"Easy done. Oh and Conall, don't play the fool with Fox here, I've seen him break bigger men than you." She helped Kylee to her feet. "I'll stay with you every second." She whispered to her.

All Kayla could do was to stare at the scene and hold Ruffles back. This could turn ugly very quickly as far as she could see.

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 03:39:53 AM »

"Conall is fetching her as we speak, and I can only hope she behaves as well as she had so far.  But you know how the Tau'ri are."  Emotional, temperamental, unpredictable.  Macha learned first hand how destructive even this small group could be.  "If Ba'al arrives here I have little doubt sending the hok'taur with the Tau'ri would be to our benefit, they may do our work for us.    It is a matter of determining a way to subdue her if she is ever used to attack us.  I also have no doubt that my dear guest Fox will be sending one of his subordinates along with her.   If there is a way to suppress her ability, find it, but do not inform any of the Tau'ri."   

-------
"A challenge I would readily accept where I not pressed with more immediate concerns.   You have been treated with far more care than most who have defied the Goa'uld." Conall was not ignorant to the horrors of the Goa'uld, and he found he was fortunate enough to serve one as merciful as Macha, though he has seen her more at her worse than any other Jaffa.  "Most are not offered such luxury, let alone the promise of freedom.  I suggest focusing your destructive energy on to an enemy common to both of us.  As for the girl she will not be harmed."  His annoyance at Fox's order to Amira was clear on his face, but he turned to gesture the two out.

Amira might have taken a shock coming off Kylee's back, touching her so soon as she discharged some of the electric shock.   Enough to make her hand numb, but not stun her.   The girl grimaced and looked up to Amira, then Conall.  They weren't giving her much of a choice.   She found her body still stiff from the zat blast, but managed to stand up shakely.     

"Okay..."  She said, looking up at Conall as he had the little stand off with Fox, then turned to them and turned to have them walk ahead.   She wasn't exactly looking forward to another stungun blast so she crossed her arms and walked ahead, feeling more at ease with Amira by her side, or really just anyone by her side.  She thought about how helpless she was beginning to feel without knowing much of anything, the lack of a personal history first and foremost starting to make her feel isolated.  She knew her name, age, her field of study, and all that practical knowledge... She knew faces of her past, names and where she was from but nothing else came to mind.

"So uh.. Amira.   How exactly robust are these Goa'uld?   They can't resist electricity, can they?"  Kylee asked, getting a little nervous when she thought about the whole host thing.

Conall followed the two girls and another few Jaffa for good measure, leaving two Jaffa at the door.  He marched them three corridors down to a large room with an examination table, Macha and Grundel in the adjoined room that was behind a wall.

"Lady Macha.  She is here." Conall announced, watching as Macha rounded the wall into the room.  She looked at Amira first, sizing her up a moment and gesturing to the wall. 

"I'll ask that you stay out of the way." She said, in a tone that implied Amira would only be asked once. Then glancing at Grundel.  Obviously the discoveries would be logged in the computer, and shared only between the two Goa'uld.    "Grundel, do you need to prepare anything?"  Regarding the host.  Otherwise she would give Grundel the floor while she assisted.  Defense preparation was already in motion.

Kylee narrowed her eyes at the two Goa'uld acting as though she was a guinea pig.  Macha met eyes with her and pointed to the examination table.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 03:04:19 AM »

Finally Kayla had some courage to speak up, with of course K-9 number one at her side. "Just don't you forget Mr Conall, your Mistress wouldn't even be here alive if not for this team and..." She hadn't forgotten. "...Cate." Now where was she? Kayla was as certain as the sun shines the woman had survived, a simple thing like a ship blowing up wouldn't stop her now would it?

"Shut it KK." Fox by now had enough of these games and wanted only to go home to the cheese and kisses, and  yes the rug rats. Not that they were that small anymore.

"No." She said walking around the young woman as if she were some kind of object she needed to inspect before offering a price to a merchant. "I am sure we will be fine won't we?" Her eyes glowed for a brief second, the Goa'uld voice though sounding somewhat strange the words were clear.

Amira stood back as she was told, but her little toy wasn't far away if she needed it. "Fox said you had a bargain, I expect you will stick to it." The one called Grundel didn't faze her despite the typical Snake persona, she had seen the worst of them and to her she looked no older than Kylee.

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 03:49:42 AM »

"Oh sure.   Just fine."  Kylee said through grit teeth.  Her hands were tied for now.    She had half a mind to ask when they would actually be released, not until the second this process was over, she presumed.   She hesitantly climbed onto the table and lay back, closing her eyes for a moment, hoping that something untimely arrives to interfere with these alien's nefarious plot.

"Your race is not particularly known for patience, is it?"  Macha asks, without expecting an answer.  She looked to Kylee and reaches for a device on the side of the bed which engaged a telescoping scanning device on either side of her, and a foot wide strip in the middle.    They could certainly engage a far more invasive exploration procedure but hopefully they would only need scans and a DNA sample for now.

"Our bargain is provisional, predicated on your maintaining your behavior on good faith.   You are on my world and subject to my laws, as I would be on yours.  I will grant you this much and only this much."   Macha said with a measured gaze.   "Your strong will is better suited to a foe like Ba'al, for he will sooner have us all in ruin."

She watched Amira closely, her facial features, searching for disgust at the complement, or perhaps arrogance or fear.  Fear wasn't something she expected but the purpose of the conversation was to pick at the girl, see what made her tick.  Shed let Grundel have her turn at the Hok'taur for now, but she did notice immediately some of the electromagnetic readings, given the fact that she was producing a fairly noticeable electric field on her immediate person.   

"That's the reading that we detected in orbit.  Interesting."  Macha mused, watching as Kylee glanced at Amira apologetically.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 08:24:41 PM »

A lone Tel'tak approached the planet, its arrival went unchallenged as Deslan sent the correct security codes required. The conversation along the journey from the aftermath of their escape was to say in the least, interesting. The young Jaffa learned a lot more about her human heritage than she ever knew, with Cate schooling her on the background of her race, the Celts and Welsh whom Morrigan originally drew her Jaffa stock from almost 2,000 years ago. In the end Deslan realised they were not that much different, they both had the same aspirations and were both subject to the whims of those placed higher than themselves.

Since Cate was in the driver's seat, she followed her companion's instructions for landing, a landing that went smoothly. There was one slight hitch for her in particular when the door was open, a small squad of Jaffa was there, demanding she hand over Zat she was carrying (courtesy of a store in the Tel-tak). Standing steadfast she refused naturally, so it became a Mexican stand off even after Deslan said she would vouch for her. "Well mate." She said typically in her way. "I can as easily get back into my ride here and leave, or you can send a message to Macha and let her know I'm here, I'm sure she'll be pleased."

{Deslan} NPC

That remark brought a smile to Deslan's face. "I would do as she says Grinac, this woman stands as high as our Lady in her world." Of course she lied, Cate almost gagged when she heard that one.

The lower ranked Jaffa bowed. He pressed his communicator directed to the castle. "Please inform our Queen that the Lady Catherine seeks an audience with her." He would now have to wait.

"Good for you." Grundel now spoke in an all too human way, sounding as if she had just walked out of a Girls boarding school somewhere in the UK. Not far off the mark if some Tauri was to hazard a guess. "Now this will be in no way harmful or intrusive to you Kylee, I ask only that you lay perfectly still, with your breathing steady." She slipped a device on her hand, it had all the appearances of a Goa'uld healing aid only this was far more complicated. It was able to store information. Gently she moved it over the bare skin of the girls cheeks, then her forearms. Satisfied she had enough, Grundel returned to a table, slipping off the device then fitting it to what passed for a computer with the Goa'uld. "You can relax now, I am done." Turning to Macha she wore a contented expression on her face. "We will have all the information within 30 minutes, right down to the finest molecule."

"Not particularly and especially from where my origins come from. Before my family moved to the United States, they had seen nothing but war and upheaval for several generations and that corner of the world has been in constant turmoil for over a 1,000 years and still today there is no peace." She was of course speaking about the Middle East. A bitter story and one she felt would never end.

Amira felt like glaring at the woman. "Best behavior? We've done nothing but." She thought to herself. "You won't have any issues from us on that score, all we want to do is get home. As for Ba'al, his time will come and I am sure when the other System Lords are aware of his betrayal of your kind, you'll soon have more allies than you counted on."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:43:32 AM by Mim »

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
Tirnanog
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 10:59:39 PM »

Grinac didn't quite appreciate such deprecating language, to reduce their lady Macha in that way.  He said nothing though and brought up a hand.   "I believe the queen will want to speak with these two."

---
Ky was curious about the technology, specifically about the device Grundel held in her hand.  She eyed it a moment and resigned herself to it, and honestly having to withhold a giggle bubbling up as the machine actually sort of tickled.  She withstood it, and maintained a stillness to her despite wanting to move around and shake off the stiffness that came from the earlier blast from the zat.   "The finest molecule?  At that level you'd think I'd get paid for having my molecules examined."  Never mind the fact that she was effective a living battery.

Not a moment after Grundel's completion of the initial analysis did a Jaffa messenger, one of the trainee's arrived in the room.  The young warrior bowed his head and looked up to his god.  "Lady Macha.   A 'lady' Cate wishes to speak with you.  She is of the Tau'ri and has arrived in a Tel'tak with the Jaffa Deslan."

There is a look of annoyance on her face when the boy refers to Cate as though she held power in equal stature of either Grundel or herself, albeit hesitantly.  "That woman is hardly a 'lady' even in terms of the Tau'ri's standards.   Have her taken to a receiving room separate from the others.    Grundel, finish your work and have these two returned to their quarters." She looked on to Amira whom was interrupted with the arrival of her messenger.  "Your time will come, I'm sure.  I have little doubt the Tau'ri will be trying to climb the ladder of power whether or not it is in your best interest."

It had occurred to Macha that she could well keep these Tau'ri as she had originally intended to do when she had encountered them.   Each of them had attractive qualities, be it physical attributes or mere attractiveness as hosts which she had quietly coveted.   However the small fortune she could acquire with a truce, in terms of intelligence, outweighed their inherent value.  She smiled coyly at the soldier, speaking as a mother would to their obstinate child. "Patience, Amira.  You should take some time to reflect on that which you so clearly lack.  And perhaps then we may see better the path that lies ahead." 

She left the room leaving the room well guarded, Conall at her side along with the lad trailing behind to return to his post.     She would let Cate stew for a while, mostly out of spite, and otherwise out of ensuring her defenses were in place.   She entered the room with little fanfare and took a seat at her chair, sending one of her servants for refreshments along the way. 

"You survived.   I didn't suspect otherwise, how ever I imagine your luck may yet run out."   Macha said once she saw the woman in question, as well as Deslan.  She studied Deslan for a moment, knowing full well of the Jaffa rebellion and the Tau'ri's allegiance to them.  A shame it would be to lose any of her Jaffa to what amounts to as propaganda.  A delecate position to bein for sure, lest a seed of rebellion be planted in her own ranks.   Misguided as it would be given how she treated her Jaffa.

"Deslan, you have survived, even after a noble sacrifice in the name of your queen.  I am pleased.   Anything to report?"   She said, allowing Deslan priority over Cate for the moment.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 02:53:23 AM »

<Lab>

"Silence!" Grundel commanded in very atypical Goa'uld manner and tone. While she may well be even be the same age as her 'specimen' (the host at least) she wasn't about to allow the girl to feel as if she were back home on Earth or wherever she came from. "Your luck will run out soon girl with that mouth of yours, some of my kind are not as gracious as the Lady Macha. Think yourself fortunate that it was not my sister who took you, she would have you turned inside out like a common butcher's carcass." A pure lie of course but the pretense of the Goa'uld persona had to be held at all times. "Jaffa cree!" The command was to two guards standing nearby. "Take her back to her friends and that one as well." She pointed to Amira who Macha had left behind.

"Your wish my Lord Grundel." Kylee and Amira were basically frog marched back to the room they shared with the remainder of SG-18.

"We did, although we almost didn't isn't that correct Deslan?" Cate wasn't feeling all that chipper right now. She had really enough of these narrow escapes in her life to last a hundred years and she was growing tired of it. For what aim, she often asked herself.

{Deslan} NPC

Deslan bowed to Macha in the correct form. "Yes it is true my Queen. The glider bay was aflame when we arrived and our first choice was of course a glider, then the ship began to break apart, I do not know what happened from there after, as I was knocked unconscious. The next think I knew I awoke in one of the Tel'tak's  following your Al-Kesh. It was in quite bad condition and could barely keep up in hyper space, we had to drop out twice and do running repairs, or I should say she did."

Looking up, wiping some dirt from her face Cate spoke slowly. "If it isn't too much trouble I would like to bathe and eat sooner rather than later and a change of clothing wouldn't go astray." The clothes she wore were torn in a number of places showing a little blood here and there; she didn't have the luxury as Deslan did of a symbiote to heal her.

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 04:05:45 AM »

"Like I believe that."  Kylee said sarcastically and got off the table on her own, as if an act of defiance in itself.  She wanted to give a big sh*t eating grin at Grundel, give her a shock for her trouble, but she wasn't about to get herself in trouble.  She still smiled at the 'lord' though, up until she was unceremoniously grabbed by a Jaffa to whom she very nearly did shock, but she didn't want to get zatted again.  She didn't make it easy for the Jaffa behind her either, who eventually frustrated with the struggling and ended up cuffing her hands and throwing her over his shoulder.

Same treatment to Amira if she protested.  Either way they eventually made it to the room, the two women released into it with the others.

"Macha has a little friend in the science lab.  Kind of a temper on that one.   And...  I'm sorry if I'm not exactly living up to my counterpart here.  I'm not a fan of the whole... prisoner thing we've got going on.  And they can say what they want, until they release is that's what we are."  Kylee said, sighing softly considering how totally out of her element she is, and the fact that she's basically screwing this up for everyone.   Crestfallen, she retreats to a place near one of the chairs that had the small metal frames bringing in the sea breeze.

--------

"I see.   And you will be rewarded for your deeds.  However there are other matters which need to be attended to further." Macha said, then listening to Cate's request. 

"Unless you pledge to fight along my warriors to wear their battle dress from this day on, you'll have to suffer in these rags the short time it will be until your release."   Macha chuckled, but grew more serious, watching as a servant brought in a jug of water was placed on the table for both women to take as they wished.  Meanwhile she studied Cate for a reaction to those words, the fact that she would be released should come as a surprise.  She waits until Cate began to speak, before interrupting her as a measure to remind the tau'ri woman of her place as well as say something as much for Deslan's benefit as her own.

"I've never thought my Jaffa so insignificant that they did not hold a certain value.   Among those lost today were some of my best.   Had Ba'al not interfered and I was able to succeed in your capture, or part ways with you, I've had revived as many as I could.   Your offense, was  making that impossible.  And it is very much something I would consider overturning my agreement with your Captain Fox in letting you all walk free.  So I ask you, what is it that you thought required a private audience with me?  For me to clothe and bathe you as if you were a child?" 
  She looked down upon Cate a gaze that could curdle milk, anger and disappointment that Deslan knew well.   She was the matriarch of their society, but she had never sent Jaffa into a losing battle she was not willing to fight herself as she did today, especially when the reward was as potentially as high as it was today.

And yet she still lost.    What she wanted out of this was an agreement to gain something.   "You require medical attention first and foremost, tau'ri. I'll see to that personally.  You're clearly in no state to make demands of me, or negotiate.    Fortunately, your soldier already has in your stead.   Drink quickly, so I may heal you and have you reunited with your team." 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:36:23 PM by Impiousimp »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »

<The Cell that wasn't a cell>

"I completely agree on that score Kylee." Amira nodded wisely. "If worse comes to worst, we have an out, its a long shot but we can try." Keeping her voice low she tapped KK on the shoulder, the other smiling quite nastily.

James looked at them, he was of course a part of their old back up plan. "I'd be more than glad to get rid of this discomfort in my shorts." That brought a chuckle from both women. "Kylee, we can't show you right now, but....if they renege on our deal we'll need you to help create a distraction. Apparently you need a lot of expendable energy right?"

{Deslan} NPC

"I did what I could to ensure your safety my Lady. I am deeply in gratitude for the privilege to serve one such as Thee." Kneeling she drew out her belt knife holding it out in front of her. "I do not have much my Queen but this knife handed down from mother to daughter for centuries, I would be proud if you wore it as your own."

Cate's eyes popped, after all Macha said and after all her and the young Jaffa had done, it came to this pointing the finger at her? How ungrateful. Well it felt like with this one you had to continually curry favor with her. " I asked for a private audience for a very special reason." Taking note there were two other Jaffa guards nearby, Cate ensured her back was to them. "Do you know what this is? We found it in the Glider bay." From within her battered jacket she withdrew a typical Goa'uld tracking device. "One has to wonder how Ba'al found us so quickly soon after you arrived, doesn't one?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:35:38 PM by Mim »

Impiousimp

• Airman First Class
« Reply #13 on: Today at 12:36:04 AM »

"Oh, that's alright Captain.  You don't have to show me, I trust you." Kylee said, feigning prudeness before chuckling herself.  As for her energy, how to explain?

"I guess from what has happened you'd get that idea.    I can metabolize electricity and when we were on the bridge of that ship, Ba'al's ship I was looking for a power outlet to proverbially stick a fork in and get some juice but I didn't want to compromise our escape.   See, when I'm not like the Flash, he has some mystical force fueling him, where as I have to do it all on my own.   My basic metabolism has to be functioning and I was going on empty on both fronts when I first arrived."   She explained as she sat there, then absently turning her eyes up as she felt for an EMF field.

"But once I get going, I can keep going for a while.  I generate my own power by kinetic absorbsion.   I mean, not exactly the time and place for it but, imagine boxing with me, yeah?   If I absorb the energy of every blow I get more power."  Which meant there was potentially alot of power potential to exploit here.

"Of course then I have to eat alot.  Like, between two to five times the normal ammount." She explains. "And as much as it helps to 'eat' electricity it's not quite the same thing."

"But yeah I imagine I could drum up something significantly distracting."

Macha looks down upon her Jaffa and offered a smile.  "Rise, Jaffa."

She said, stepping from her chair and moving away to a display of weapons on  the wall, she selects a short sword with a raven elegantly carved and casted into the hilt.   It's eyes held a certain sheen to it.  "To your daughter, you shall give her this.  A small blessing from your god."  She said, then returned to her seat after dismissing her.

Cate for her part, drew her attention to the device frowning.  It must have been during one of her scouting runs in recent months.   She used her Ha'tak often and rarely stayed in one place when she was out and a bout.  She had a system with her own ship yard and several outposts to house her Ha'taks when not in use.  However that meant her Al'kesh needed to be swept.

"You have disabled it, correct?   I am expecting him to require to recollect his forces or rendezvous with his other assets before pursuing us."
  She tapped a few buttons on the console to her left, sending an order to have her personal Al'kesh searched and send word to the other Al'Kesh to have it swept as well.    "Deslan, you are dismissed.    Tau'ri, come with me.  We will continue this in the infirmary.  Given your destructive potential I believe you are better suited to be out on the trail of that treacherous shol'va."