Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Into The Verse - Game  (Read 916 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Into The Verse - Game
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »

Whitefall, Dannatt Settlement Bar 'The Broken Sign."
Fred Rivers
Special Federal Marshel Hagen Price
Cutler 'Cut' Maine

"Huh..." Said Cut.
"didnt know they had horses on the Core." it was almost mocking. The accent gave Corbin away straight away, and his dialect. Fred was a little worse for accents so haddnt noticed it sooner, the down side of beign a port copper so many people passed you by speaking so many different ones some people could track every one, but those people wernt tired beat cops trying to stop human trafficking or muggings.

"I guess we'll be find out." Said Fred as he finished his Drink and food and stretched a little.
"Lets make a move then people. May as well get there whilst the sun is up." He said as he headed to the Door Cut turned and followed him, once outside he pointed to the horse station, the idea was simple renting a horse. But there were also areas for people who had their own to berth them Cut threw Fred a card as he pealed off to get his own horse and Fred saw the manager, the business had clearly sprung up thanks to the restrictions on ship landings. He paid and quickly came back to the middle of the road with three horses and quickly hopped up on one. Fred wasnt one for fancy tricks though he was a confident rider. Each horse came with a pair of saddle bag a coach gun in a bucket, some water and a small locator on the saddle.

The coach gun had no ammo in it though and none of the guns seamed to be in great condition, more of a deterrant than anything else. Cut's horse had a similar lay out with a personalised saddle, but his bucket was large and in it sat some black plastic bulpup style Assault rifle that he had added a leather strap on the back to that he could use to quick draw the weapon. He had pulled on a stetson style hat and was in the proces of lighting a cigarette with a match.
"We aint got all that far to go, but its not an easy trip." He warned. "So, if you need any supplies go now." He said nodding to the general store. Fred new apart from water nothing else was a necessity and that came with the horse but there were also several stops along the way to get more, however he felt Cut's comments were more made for Corbin's benifit.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 105
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »

Whitefall, Dannatt 'Space Port'
{Cassie Foster}

"The hell you doin, leaving your house piping on this poor creature? That's about all the good these pieces are, unless you have a large bit of paper in need of holdin' down." Cassie commented on the coach gun in the saddle on her horse. She looked the critter over, a black and white male who didn't pay her much mind, though he did appreciate Cassie giving him a little quick pet and scratch to give him some attention before mounting up.

Despite Highgate's most popular attraction, an honest to God space elevator connecting two planetary bodies, the main mode of transportation had been anything involving horses. She'd inherited her father's horse after he'd been killed, and wondered now how 'ol Dusty was. He had been a blonde horse full of spirit and power, and when Cassie left Highgate, she'd left him in the care of a family friend, one of the few left to her there.

"Alright then, let's knock off all this jawin' and gonna and get goin." Cassie said, clicking her tongue and lining up her horse to follow Cut.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 12:09:21 AM »

Corbin Walsh

After getting his supplies squared away and his gear sorted which included stocking up on ammo, Corbin finally got onto his horse after several tries. It had been awhile. Watching Cassie do that trick with her horse, he did the same with his own. It moved forward as he spoke to resolve the tension that seemed to build up in the air, "So, we know where we goin'?"

He just wanted to sure they were on the right track.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 07:21:52 AM »

Whitefall, High road out of Dannatt Settlement
Fred Rivers
Cutler 'Cut' Maine

Cut led the way, he had stifled a laugh as Corbin failed to get on to the horse. When Cassie brought up the coach guns on the rented horses he shrugged.
"You wouldnt believe how many people come out here from the core with out much in the way of protection." He shrugged before giving a small nod to Corbin before looking forward once more.
"Plus the horse dealer can rent out his mules for more when he packs a cheap gun with them." he shrugged again he was clearly scanning the path side to side they were on a small rise with small shrugs and bushes scattering the sides with dead trees poking around. Once they were a few miles out of town they could see why Cut was looking around, dead horses scattered around the path, signs of an ambush, from the states of decay it was clear to see more than one ambush. No human bodies, those had been retrieved.
"This is the left over of the turf war between Patience and any yellow belly bastard that wants to take over from her." Fred gave a small nod as he drew the coach gun, admittedly it were a heavily pile of scrap, but a large calibre smooth bore scatter gun could be useful.
"So, Hows the band doing?" Asked Fred as he checked over his shoulder to Cassie and Corbin, they wernt excluded from the conversation. The path was wide enough for almost 10 horses abreast. Cut sighed.
"Harris, Harper and Horace are still kicking. But Cooper, Proctor and Sharman are dead." He shrugged and Fred sighed.
"To old friends." mumbled Fred. Cut nodded.
"To old friends."As they continued on they passed what looked to be a scrap yard, spread over a few acers, mostly ship parts though it was impossible to see what was in there. The ships were clearly missing the most valuable parts, engines removed, large steal plates There was even signs of full ships inside. Though all buried under junk and rust. In the distance large prefab buildings were coming in to sight.
"There's home." Said Fred with a small nod. Cut pulled ahead so Fred could talk with his crew.
"We best be on our best behaviours, they may take our weapons." he then shrugged and added.
"Or yours." He sighed.
"Depends on how much they trust me." He sighed again and glanced down.
"Captain. You got a back up weapon on you?" he wasnt expecting a fight with Patience, but he was sure it was a possibility.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2019, 12:10:15 AM »

{Cassie Foster}

Cassie nodded slightly, "I am. But let's not get too twitchy yet. Remember, she can't go after you without going through me, and I ain't inclined to let her old feud get in the way of things. We'll be civil." She said, keeping her voice low. "If it goes sideways, we cross that bridge then. I ain't gonna let it, but the good Lord above don't always let us have our way."

Her eyes flicked around, watching. The problem with scrap yards was there were too many places someone could hide and get a bead on you. Worse, there were too many places that were actually worse ideas to go hiding in. If they started a fight here, they'd likely be surrounded, Patience would be stupid to not have her people know the lay of the land here. The only question was if she'd let her problems with Fred stay in the past. Or at least just ignore him and deal with Cassie directly.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »

Corbin Walsh

It was nice being together in a group with a bunch of other strangers. For Corbin, felt sort of at ease except for the feeling of maybe getting possibly shot at from all sides. Armed with a weapon and a couple extra ammo, he kept it close and the reins of his horse closer. Just in case. Even though he just met both Cassie and Fred, it would take time before he would get used to trusting them.

"I'm ready for anything," he mumbled looking over the scrapyards and into the couple of the prefab buildings. Something in the air felt off to him that he couldn't exactly hide the feeling that they were being watched. All the time.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »

Whitefall: Patience Ranch
Fred Rivers
Cutler 'Cut' Maine
Patience

As they closed in on the Prefabs it was clear to see there was some sort of order here it looks like some sort of ranch that had evolved in to a small town with a three layer chain link fence and barbed wire around the whole area there was a barn and a place for horses to grade, a machine shop that looked to be refurbishing some type of all terrain digger. People scattered around drinking and just in general entertaining themselves. On the porch of the main building there was a woman sat in a chair at a desk with a screen to her side as she was looking down at a series of books, beside her stood a man with a long face a tall hat and a type of revolving carbine. He lent down and said something quiet to the woman as Cut held up a hand for the others to stop. As they stopped people came up to either side of Cassie and Corbin and disarmed them of their weapons, typical practice for new commers, finally the woman looked up from her books and glanced at the new arrivals.
"My my my." She said as she approached the three being passed a pistol gripped shotgun she didnt hold it in an aggressive manner though, but clearly everybody here was armed and ready to fight on a pin drop.
"What brings you back around these parts Fred?" She then looked to the two behind him. "And who's your purple belly and cow girl friends?" Fred glanced over to Cassie and Corbin as he dismounted his horse.
"Patience, Just, looking to talk, we need a bit of help, and are willing to trade services for it." Patience glanced to Cut who gave a small shrug, from him that was a ringing endorsement, the man had two settings Might as well and Hell No. He glanced over his shoulder to Cassie.
"This here is Captain Foster and the other one is Corbin." he said as he gave a nod to Fred who stuck a thumb in to his belt and continued.
"We're interesting in trading and work for some of your old Komodo ship parts." Patience nodded as she looked to Cassie.
"Your the boss?" She asked as she walked closer standing next to Fred she turned to him and asked.
"And your not still sour over the fact you think I didnt pay you.?" Fred shrugged.
"I mean I still think you stiffed me, but, I can overlook it." He said with a small shrug. She nodded before giving him a pat on the back.
"So. Captain Foster was it?" She asked approaching Cassie.
"What sort of work are you and your crew interested in doing?" She began.
"And how much work and trade do you think the parts you want are worth?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »

{Cassie Foster}

Cassie tipped her hat once before looping her thumbs into her belt.

"Yes ma'am, I am the Captain. We're looking for a few things for a Komodo-class. In exchange, we've got some valuable items to trade in value, and we're willin' to put in some work to make up the difference." Cassie said casually, "But before we get too far, can I just ask we leave the past where it is? I've gathered you and Mister Rivers here have a fair bit of history, but ain't him you're dealin' with, it's me. I'm willin' to deal plainly, ain't neither of us need to leave in deficit to the other."

She looked around for a moment before continuing, "We need a couple parts, but we also need new registration, the cleaner the better. Ain't askin' for squeaky clean, just somethin' the Feds ain't too busy lookin' for. In exchange, I got a whole mess of rifles and ammo, more than me and my merry band of sophisticates here can make use of. Likely bound for someone else, but since the seller ain't in a position to argue, I'm offerin' to you instead. So long as those slugs don't end up in our bellies or brains, that is." Cassie said with a wry grin.

"So, let's start there. I used to deal cards, so if you're askin' yourself if I got more to play, the answer is a solid maybe. Depends on if you got a good enough response, I ain't keen on laying down all of my chips on the first three cards. But I'm bein' plain enough to tell you that much." Cassie concluded, still with the same wry grin.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2019, 07:01:12 PM »

Fred Rivers
Cutler 'Cut' Maine
Patience

Patience stared down Cassie for a few moments,
"I think we can do business Kiddo. And no worries between me and this old soldier." She said nodding to Fred.
"We havnt thrown led at each other when the issue was born, and we're both old and wise enough to know we dont need to throw it now. Even if we dont agree." She glanced to Fred and held out a hand. Fred shook it.
"We just like to wind each other up." Said Fred with a small smile. He noted he would have to thank Cassie later. In reality they just needed a level headed person to tell them to get over it. Fred had long since accepted that he was never going to get his money. Continued to look to Fred.
"You know we aint got no Komado's flying anymore right boy?" She asked. Fred shrugged
"I'm assuming you never listed them as destroyed on the Cortex nether?" She smiled as she looked to Cassie.

"We have two or three Komado's sitting in that there scrap yard you passed on your trail in. We had four at one point but one burnt up in orbit after one of my rivals planted a bomb on it." Though she was talking to Cassie this infomation was mostly for Fred's Benefit.
"And with this Turf war getting more and more mean and nasty we ran the others in to the ground one by one. Now we aint got a decent transport between us." Cut then cut in.
"But neither do the other guys the Alliance saw to that."

Patience nodded.
"That being said I dont think a crate of rifles is worth the trouble of getting you out of dodge. I dont make a deal unless I know I am getting the better end of it." Fred gave a small nod as he glanced to Cassie, hoping that just with a look he could get the message across that it was worth offering up the mini guns mounted on their ship. He knew those would be something that Patience couldnt pass them over, with out any ships those weapons would give her band an advantage.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »

Corbin Walsh
Whitefall: Patience's Ranch

Keeping his hands tucked in his pockets, Corbin listened to the exchange. Those two got everything handled and he felt like he should have stayed behind to watch the ship. Someone should be watching the ship to make sure no one was taking it. Especially, since this turf war was going on this planet, someone's bound to take their ship.

Not wanting to risk any misunderstandings, Corbin kept his eyes sharp to observe their surroundings. It never hurts to watch for any signs of anything that could happen.

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »

{Cassie Foster}

Cassie let out a slight sigh.

"Well...I reckon, we might have something else of interest. See, our boat seems to have not been properly...ahem...demilitarized and I'm not keen on a Fed busting me and mine if that oversight is ever discovered." She said, "Now, if they were to fall off my boat, that's all and well. Particularly if they fell into some place from prying eyes in your possession. Even if you don't intend to put them to use, you and I both know that there's enough people willin' to pay top coin for 'em."

"Now where do we stand?" Cassie asked.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

lethal-pageant