Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kyoto, Japan  (Read 200 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 302
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Kyoto, Japan
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »

One of the prettiest areas of Japan, home to many ancient architecture and temples. Most recently it is now the scene of a dramatic hostage taking by a rogue terrorist group calling themselves the New Dawn.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
Re: Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »

Mike smoothed a hand down his uniform, eyes covered by a pair of dark aviators.

His other hand was busy with the PDA that had been issued with the blueprints as he got himself caught up to speed with the execution of this plan as well as a map underneath. He knew that the fact of proving himself to the team would go both ways; that he would prove himself to Blackbird and the rest of SG and they would have to go beyond to impress him. Being on Blackbird was a different taste of life, not that he was ever so far away from the desk during his later years in his career - intelligence and training.

What annoyed him however, was the lack of communication between him and those he was trying to reach out to for more information. His brows had been furrowed for the last couple of minutes as he finally shut off his phone.

"Right, Reynolds - sniper. Schoenart, with Reynolds. Everyone will be with me," Brigsby went through who was going to be the designated sniper, knowing that there would be a tunnel and potentially an entire fortress between them and her if things went South. They were definitely going to have to take the tunnels, clearing the building up from below and if anyone objected; he would have to work on the fly. "Unfortunately, we have no room for error. Mess up, we're all going down the pan."

"Say, Brigs. Anyone tell you you're really fun at parties?" James asked.

"No, not really."

[ooc: Let me know if anything needs changing!]

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »

*2000 hours*

The 12 hour delay wasn't satisfactory, it was merely a tactic on the part of the Japanese to allow a more in depth assessment of the situation. In that time they, or at least a member of the press negotiated further with the New Dawn leader who made no secret of his identity. Obviously if he did go to hell, he wanted people to know who he was. Kim Jun Soon, a Japanese nationalised Korean, rare of course but only because he married a local and apparently with his former occupation as a Cosmetic Surgeon he was well liked in Kyoto until recently when it came out he wasn't even from the South, he was a Pyongyang native and had close ties to the ruling military junta, who were the real puppet masters of that regime. The man went to ground after that, popping up at one time working in Afghanistan with the Taliban and later with FARC in Colombia where his wife ended her life with a bomb strapped around her taking a dozen Colombian soldiers with her. That was 2009, he disappeared from view then only to turn up yesterday with this siege.

Leaning over the bonnet of a JSDF Toyota Mega Cruiser, basically their version of the Hummer, Ben had a large updated map of the area spread out. "Right, we have some help to get around since we are all here. Jun Soon wants the world to know about this so he has given the press leave to do whatever. In that we need to place our two snipes in position. The press are using Land Cruisers, wagons which is great, Brigbsy have Reynolds take the north position, one of the Press team will head that way on the pretense of setting up another camera angle. Jess you'll be under a tarp in back until you get there. We are working on our own radio frequencies being bounced off the Apollo, there is a 2 second lag so take that into account. Callaghan your snipe team will take the south position, same deal only your transport will be that Food Truck over there, he's been moving about all day so they won't notice at all. When both sniper teams are in position hopefully the rest of you will be in the tunnels. We initiate the moment you are under the kitchen house, when I get your signal the snipers will start taking down the tower guards one by one." They will though need those extra 4 hands once they're committed. He's had that worked out in advance.

"Timing is essential here. As soon as you've picked off your targets bolt like crazy back to your vehicles. The tunnel team will breach the kitchen, take down anyone with a gun who we expect will be everyone who is not a hostage. Get into the yard quickly between the kitchen and the west wall, knock of any there and open a small locked door on that side. Both teams then will have to move as if old Satan himself was after you, clear the yards and outer buildings before you hit the main temple. Are we clear?"

@Justin

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

Everyone materialised in Japan. After listening to the Colonel, Callaghan sent Hernandez and the young SAS trooper off to their position. 'What's our transpo to the gate going to be, sir?" Callaghan asked. Back in the bunker, his team had been the one that was assigned to attack from the gate, and to basically make a mad dash towards the building the enemy kept the hostages.

"If I may make a suggestion, sir." the Major began. "I feel like the Captain's team should focus on the main temple, while my team focuses on the outlying buildings. We should secure the hostages as soon as possible, and once they're in our possession, we can focus on clearing the rest of the compound." he thjen explained.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »

"As we planned Major, you both get under the kitchen block via the tunnel, from our Japanese friends intel that will bring you up inside a pantry area and you'll unlikely meet resistance there. Once inside that kitchen, clear it then move outside via the door nearest to the wall, you can split up there using the kitchen building for cover as you both move either side of it. From there I will leave it up to you both as to where you go, targets of opportunity from that point." Ben paused, his finger on map where the temple was located. "That is the primary, once you breach that kitchen you have around five minutes. Both sniper teams will be moved to that western wall near the kitchen the same way they were driven to their execution points. You'll find a small door there, it can be unlocked from the inside. We have now 15 minutes, you had better get moving."

Ben looked over at Mike, he needed that older bloke's input, because frankly in this capacity he felt like he was overreaching himself.

@Thaddeus

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »

Be it that the older man had been in and on some rather politically-induced missions before, and he knew that they were much like on a seesaw, especially here. Previous thoughts of who they were dealing with didn't even come into the equation, he had gathered that they were up against a bigger enemy than perhaps he had ever dealt with up to this point.

Mike eventually maneuvered himself out of one of the doors, his leg dangling out the side as he listened into what the CO had to say. When MacGregor had come to look at him, Mike had gotten up onto his feet and joined him by the bonnet of the vehicle. "The addition of the Press will make it a bit of a ballache, but you all know what you're here to do. Don't let their cameras throw you all off your game."

Glancing over between the Major and the Captain, Mike took in the suggestion. "If the Major's given the green light for Brigs to take point on the temple - I would roll with it. Hostage rescue is the main objective here. I would suggest the sniper teams having come in provide a route of exfil as the Major and Captain with their teams make their way out, drop off the hostages with them and go back in to clear the compound if feasible."

Judging by the intelligence given and what would eventually happen on the ground, Mike knew that some plans were going to go out the window but they were going to plan for it anyway. He glanced around, looking around for the said Press. Mike would much rather hole himself up in an ops room than speak with the Press, or at the very least be hounded by them. Once the teams were going into position, he turned to Ben. "Do we have a contingency if the press gets wind that we're not JSDF or Police?"

"Alright," Frank nodded at the suggestions that were coming at him from his superiors. It seemed a lot of it was going to mostly be straight-forward once they go through to assault the tunnels. "I reckon it would be best if we didn't open our mouths during this particular rescue op, gives the game away that we're not actually JSDF. Whatever we're up against after we exit the pantry of the kitchen, we'll sort that out once we're there."

He checked over his rifle once more, making sure that he had everything before they set off to their respective sections as he waited for the signal that Jess and Shoey had gotten into the positions on the North side.

The signal was given only a few short moments after Brigsby had his team waiting by the entrance of the tunnel with a couple from the police and JSDF. James Jr. had taken point, Remington and Brigsby fitting themselves between the few Japanese police that were going to be joining them.

((OOC: Moved it a little ahead so that the assault's going to start happening. Hope that's alright, if you need me to change it, let me know! @Mim @Justin ))

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 07:48:40 AM »

"Aye-aye, sir" the Major said calmly. He did not agree with this at all, but he was a Marine first and orders were orders. With everyone except the sniper and his spotter, he joined the other team at the tunnel entrance. Here he gave the order for everyone to load their rifles, and to stand ready.

"You can go first, Captain. You've got the more important objective" he said to the other team leader. "And good luck" he added before keyin ghis microphone. "Wolfpack and Grizzly entering the tunnel. May lose comms till we emerge" he said.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

lethal-pageant