Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Episode Guide / OOC Discussion Thread  (Read 427 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 105
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Episode Guide / OOC Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:31:04 PM »

Alpha Site Infiltration Attack - While stopping over at the Alpha Site, <TEAM> is caught in the crossfire as an infiltration attack, both by a fake SG Team, and by personnel within the base, breaks out. The fake SG Team is led by Felix Lussier, a former DGSE (French Intelligence) officer and they have taken hostages in the control room and activated the lockdown to keep outside forces from entering. <TEAM B> (& <TEAM C> ?) are sent by the USS Apollo to help in retaking the base. (Note: the fake SG Team will escape. The plan isn’t to destroy the base or cause any real damage, but rather to upload a virus into the network that will monitor communications and give the Trust a way to plant fake intelligence in Homeworld Command’s servers. This will not be found out until much later.)

Blown Intel Op - An intelligence operation intended to track the Trust was blown and the agents are being held in Pakistan until they can be moved again. Unfortunately, Pakistani ISI is planning a raid on the site, and if they find Western agents there, it will cause a significant degree of fallout. Not only do the agents need to be rescued, but <TEAM(s)> should attempt to capture one of the enemy forces to determine how the operation was blown.

Castle Site - Adrestia will agree to work with the SGC in convincing the other Goa’uld to focus their efforts on Ba’al. She will suggest that both sides pool together a strike team to hit an off-world site that she knows Ba’al took a great deal of interest in prior to his most recent capture, but little of what he actually found there. It is an alien castle, which was home to a royal family until a popular uprising saw it turned into a fortress and training base for more troops to be used by Ba’al and The Trust. Deep within its catacombs, however, is an Ancient datacore, wiped clean save for some notes, and the notes within indicate Ba’al has obtained the specifications of a benign project gone wrong, a new weapon which could spell doom for any and all of Ba’al’s enemies.

This is a signup, but with a catch. Team Leaders (or their equivalents) are the ones with final say as to which mission their teams go on. So the players controlling character who is the team leader (or equivalents) are the only ones who I will count towards that mission. You do not get to break off of a team because your lead picked something you aren't up for. So, my suggestion is that teams discuss their options, because once I get a final "This is our choice" from the Team Lead, that's where you go.

I'm getting tired of constantly reshuffling the teams. SGSOCOM is not being actively used anymore, I can't keep up with that plus the SG Teams. I'll figure that out later, but until we have fewer teams to match how few players we have, for now, no. In addition, "NPC Teams" no longer exist. SG-22, if you want to participate, you need to be declared a PC Team or get shuffled back into PC teams prior to mission start for the next set of missions. Going forward, "NPC Teams" are the background troops and can be posted by the GM or a Team Leader for what they are doing. It was RARE that the show ever focused on any team that wasn't SG-1, so that practice ends now. Any future reshuffles of a team must be reviewed by the Admins and if a team goes inactive, it will remain that way until the next episode set. We kind of screwed ourselves by activating SG-4 while trying to wrap up other missions, that's not happening again. This signup will also cap any attempts to throw things in at the last minute.

Goa'uld Camp - The third op is obviously where I'd like you guys to have some participation. If you have something else in mind to also do, please let me know and give me an idea if you need anyone else to participate, but I also am requiring a clear goal for the mission. These are just rough drafts, once I have an idea who is going where, we will get into details.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »

I could have some goa'uld collaborate from the ranks of Achaman

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »

Since bios have been created for 3 of SG-22's team and a rough short bio for Fierra, we can count them as being a full PC team.

I'll be back later on the other stuff.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »

I think Macha and her family may be a good step to reach out to. It wouldn't exactly be a friendship or allies but they'd be fairly interested in taking BA'al out as anyone else.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 07:05:10 PM »

SG-12 are good to go anywhere really. Though. Its worth stating they have no Experience with the Alpha Site. (or at least not in depth, they would have all joined before training there was mandatory.) Not that I'm saying they cant do anything there, just, making sure people aware, and they could do the blown intel op but only 2 of the team have done deniable ops on earth before. Though I dont mind sitting some of the team out if the plot calls for it. (Not like shuffling them around but like how in the show Sometimes Daniel would go somewhere with another SG team

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »

I've been advised to pull SG-9 out of the support mission for SG-22, so they will be available for any mission they are designated to. I'm not going to "apply" for any job in particular as I've always felt that should be left up to the base commander to send them where they're needed. If we're doing a time jump soon, a few days rest will be fine for them.

We might also think about a valid reason for 22 to remain where they are, unless there is some fabulous wealth or technology to be found there doesn't seem to me much reason for them staying.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:40:08 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »

Not applying defeats the purpose here.

Look, the fact of the matter is that I cannot tailor build missions for the number of teams we have. It is tiring and I'm not doing it anymore. If you don't want to participate in the current round of missions, then don't. But it's difficult as hell to tailor missions for 10+ teams, and since no one else has a solution for it, I'm left to doing it this way.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 08:36:12 PM »

Then I would like to put SG-12 up for being one of the response teams in the Alpha Site Infiltration Attack as I feel thats where they would be best suited.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »

Not applying defeats the purpose here.

Look, the fact of the matter is that I cannot tailor build missions for the number of teams we have. It is tiring and I'm not doing it anymore. If you don't want to participate in the current round of missions, then don't. But it's difficult as hell to tailor missions for 10+ teams, and since no one else has a solution for it, I'm left to doing it this way.

I wasn't under the impression you were running this solo, isn't Mel helping you with the GMing?

I thought that was so. It isn't that I do not wish to participate, rather I don't want to be in a situation where each and every team leader all applies for the same mission, then someone has to be disappointed down the road because we have too many teams to wanting to head off to the same scene. I suppose to be tactful here I'll wait and see what the other folks decide.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 08:52:11 PM »

With Mel's activity being lower due to illness we just have to kind of accommodate all the players involved.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »

With Mel's activity being lower due to illness we just have to kind of accommodate all the players involved.
  :lol crikey, I could take a week off and still be here more than most.

And yes I am GMing with Cipher, he ain't doing this on his own, its just too much as I know only too well. As such I am currently working out with him how to speed up SG-4's mission and if we can pull that off either way or as Mum suggested we can do a week's TJ or thereabouts. The Castle site is right up 4's MO :D

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 12:16:15 AM »

It doesn't matter how many GMs we have, the fact of the matter is we don't need so many different plots going at once. Tailoring a mission to 1-2 teams is way too much work regardless, and if we have teams on standby, then they can use the intervening time to do some character development.

That said, I'm fine with the proposed TJ where SG-4 remains on planet for the intervening time, or has come back and forth during their investigation.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: Today at 10:29:47 AM »

Alpha Site Infiltration Attack -

Blown Intel Op -

Castle Site -
-SG-12

Undecided -
SG-1 (Maz, Imp, Sorra - Please PM me your choices ASAP)
SG-4 (We need to decide now to either you stay and finish your current mission with the week passing just to account for investigation and research or you have a deadline to finish that mission and we do the time jump)
SG-7
SG-9

Note -
SG-22 is returning to NPC status, this means that any characters who are not moved to another team (namely SG-18) by the time the new missions start will be declared to be an NPC.

If a mission has no one sign up, it will proceed "off-screen". This will have an outcome that will be decided and resolved as such. It may be resolved in a beneficial, detrimental or neutral manner, this will be decided elsewhere.

To reiterate - NPC Teams may appear in a mission, but anyone can direct them as needed, they are the background teams who are usually just there to add more firepower or just add more warm bodies to a situation. They are not going to have the same focus as a Player-run Team.
Pages: 1 [2]