Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SGC Briefing room sub level 27  (Read 471 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 302
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: SGC Briefing room sub level 27
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 09:46:58 PM »

"I think we can all count ourselves lucky in many ways that its been rather quiet around here lately and since you mention it, you know its weird but I cannot for the life of me remember now who I received my first vaccination jabs when I joined the SGC, or even back at the Academy. I guess those kind of details in our life tend to just fade away in time don't they?" When it came down to it, if pressed Sam probably could remember them all, especially anything that involved Janet; she simply preferred to keep many of those memories suppressed now. "That desk job might well be upgraded soon Kylee, so don't get too comfortable with it. I did say quiet, that can only remain that way for so long with Ba'al now on the loose." A problem that will have to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

At this point Sam's earlier physical efforts for starting the day were having that effect of kicking in, a little tiredness just before the adrenaline really had a chance to take over for the day. It lasted a short while, as it always did and she was prepared for it by resting her chin in her cupped hands on the table. "Let's play it by ear then, see how and when the time is right for both of them as I can't foresee any major hurdles from here can you?" It was quite simple really, even if the SGC and the Stargate program were two of the most secretive operations on the planet, there have been more than enough precedence's in the past to get this through.

"Agreed. Very well then I think we've covered everything until Anne sees her sometime later today. Apart from that was there anything else on your mind Kylee?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 12:12:29 AM »

"Heh, on a whim I once researched standard military inoculation for places even as crazy as rainforests and such.   SGC has twice as many inoculations as places like the congo does." Not that there was military activity in Africa persay but that's just pretty funny to her, and of course she knew why there were so many considering there were off world diseases to consider.  She offered a light smile before squinting her eyes.  "Upgraded?  Y'think?"  She was pretty sure she hasn't done anything to stand out quite yet.

"Yeah, I'll give them a call when I get up to my lab."
Probably wait an hour or so for her mom though given the time zone  difference.  "No, nothing comes to mind. But you did say to meet you here so unless you had something we didn't already cover, or the coffee hasn't kicked in yet which I totally understand cos' that caffeine withdrawal's gonna hit in about half an hour."  She said as she suppressed a yawn, then cracked a sheepish smile.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »

For a very long while Sam could think of nothing, then it struck her finally what she had wanted Kylee to do earlier before SG-18 and Cate had even left the base yesterday. "Any kind of withdrawal can hit you side ways." Sam sat up straight as if startled by something in a mild way. "That new generator Cate was working on, without me waking her up as I can guess she is most likely sleeping still." Sam did recall seeing Catherine in the lab last night as she was heading for her dinner date with Jack and Hank, knowing the woman she would have stayed up until she fell over. "Do you know how far along she is with it? The reason I ask is that short of a dozen ZPM's suddenly turning up on our doorstep, this could be our biggest advance yet for powering our ships and give us a real advantage against Ba'al."

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »

She pulled a guilty face and offered a sheepish smile.  Even while she was engaged with Cate in conversation about it she wasn't exactly present in the moment then.     Kylee creased a brow, considering the words said in that lab just a day earlier.    "She told me she'd made a break through regarding the crystals used on it.  Honestly it's only a matter of time before we figure out how to make ZPMs, right?  The science is out there.    Although I think the Pentagon is hoping you'll pluck that out of the ether somehow."   

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »

Well that was something Sam thought, progress if small was better than none. Placing her hands face down on the table she then looking down for what felt like ages as she went through things in her mind. Finally she looked back up again. "We're under the gun Kylee and you're going to be thrown right into the sharp end. Your comfort zone will now revolve around rough living and back packs for the next little while. The Alpha site has set up a secured test area within one of their underground aircraft hangars, they'll provide security. What you will be doing is going with SG-4, as of now you are being temporarily assigned to them and if it works out you'll be permanent with the team. Now the hard part." At that point Sam's face was looking decidedly evil.

"Go down and wake Cate up, very gently. She is akin to a Mother bear when she wakes up at any time. Usually waving a fresh coffee under her nose works most of the time. Tell her I want the module and all your gear packed and ready to go on a FRED in one hour, I'll call the rest of the team. That will be all Lieutenant. And lastly, yes this is coming from the Pentagon, they think there is some kind of scheduling applied to breakthrough research, imagine that eh?"

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 01:59:25 AM »

"Hang on, hold the phone.  Rough living?  You mean like, camping and being outdoors?  Oh deary me, Colonel I might break a nail." And Kylee did a perfect take of a dumb blond just then.  "Sorry, it's just that, I've been camping all my life.   As for Cate..."  She suddenly looks a bit sheepish. 

"Colonel that's reckless endangerment and you know it." She says with a wry grin.   She wasn't afraid of Cate, much less anyone else in this base so long as she did everything she was supposed to and didn't goof off.   She joked with Colonel to ease the mood and kind of establish a friendly rapport, but with her ready smile she saluted.

"We'll be prepped to go in one hour, ma'am.   And I'm not exactly shocked but that's the shady little venn diagram between the circle for military research and the political mandates.   Fun stuff.   I'll catch it on C-span." And with that, she waited for a dismissal and headed off to the place she thought for sure Cate was at.

<To the Lab.>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 03:01:43 AM »

"All your life huh? Well then you'll enjoy it, but then you're already familiar with the Alpha site and you know the fishing up at the lake is unique in this galaxy. Besides I am quite sure Colonel Bixby will set up some reasonably decent accommodations for you while you're there." Truth to be told anyone who had come through the SG rookie phase at the Alpha Site wanted nothing more than to be posted there. The base personnel rooms were pretty close to five star or at least four and those mountains, god how Sam wished she could spend some time there. Foreston wasn't bad either for that matter.

"I know it is, that's why I am sending you instead of me paging her." She winked only slightly as she stood. "That's our lot I'm afraid. I'll meet you and the team in the gate room, you now have 55 minutes Kylee. Dismissed."

Without further ado, Sam knew she had to get the house in order. She tapped her coms to ask Walter if he had seen either Walker or Captain Amir and the answer was they were last down in the officer's mess playing pool. Good enough. Using the laptop on the table she tapped into the PA system. "Captain Amir, Sergeant Walker report to the Briefing room stat." She left it at that.

@sorra @DanielRyder
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:29:47 PM by Mim »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 08:42:01 PM »

<from mess hall>

Bryan had just been winning when the call came over the loud speakers.  He sighed softly as he put his pool stick back up and dusted his hands off.  He then headed for the Briefing Room.

He stepped inside, not sure What they were being called up for.  "Hey Colonel," he said in greeting to Sam.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »

When the PA sounded asking for both Bryan and Taer, the captain exhaled lowering his head. For quite a bit, he leaned on the pool table and mumbled softly to himself. Admitting on being defeated fairly, he growled at Bryan, "Next time..."

Following a bit behind him, it only took a few decks and several silent moments before entering the briefing room. Saluting first to announce his presence, he spoke, "Colonel,"

Taking his seat, the captain inquired, "What's the brief?" Curious as Taer wondered what their next mission entailed.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2019, 02:36:20 AM »

"I'm glad you both came so quickly. As of now we are facing a very large and real threat from Ba'al, I'm sure you know that." She began, talking quickly. "Our intel from both the Tok'ra and other allies suggest that he has again upgraded his ships to a level that might change the entire picture if we don't get on top of things." Sam glanced down at her laptop then back up again. "Your CO Wing Commander MacGregor and Lieutenant Harwood have been working on a new project over the last couple of weeks, one which might help us tip the balance back our way; I'll let Catherine explain it to you when you see her. For now, your mission is to provide security for by the Commander and the Lieutenant as they use this project on a test bed 401 at the Alpha Site. Under no circumstances is anyone permitted near the test area other than Colonel Bixby and her immediate command team. Are we clear on that?"

@sorra  @DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 03:05:33 AM »

Standing before the Colonel, Taer listened to her brief. The mission seemed simple enough. To provide security for both the Commander and the Lieutenant and make sure no one enters the testing site. Turning to Bryan on his side, he gave him a quick on the elbow nudge before giving his full attention toward Sam and responded, "Roger. Heard and understood. Any limit on our arsenal or we go there full gear? Just wanted to be sure."

@sorra
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: 1 2 [3]

lethal-pageant