Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: MT4-U67 Danwellien  (Read 1123 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
MT4-U67 Danwellien
« on: May 14, 2019, 02:40:57 AM »

A rather innocent, isolated backwater planet that had over the last year or so ever since it was discovered on the Ancient data base, seen many a visit from the Atlantis expedition. More recently by Doctor Carson Beckett who came initially to work with the medical people on this world learning from them the many medicines they had used and in gratitude bringing their surgeons up to a more modern standard than their perhaps early 20th century standard. The main City of habitation on this small planet lie in the northern hemisphere upon the largest of only two continents with the majority of its population there; know simply as Danwellien, the same name as the planet. To those from Atlantis it was a post card from the Edwardian days.

Recently another race had discovered the same planet. The Vanir and now the race was on for Carson to return and gather those who had survived the latest attacks.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: MT4-U67 Danwellien
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »

<Dreadnought Bridge>

Two hours, that was all it took and to some it might have been expressed out loud that traveling through the Stargate was a far better option for getting out 'there'. While Lily conceded that might be true, it was a tad difficult to move large numbers of troops and their material through the gate if it came to a military showdown.

As the ship came out of hyper space, the captain was listening to an audio book on her Ipod, War of the Worlds. Slowly her eyes lifted as she felt that fine shift between hyper space and sublight. They were over the planet. "Aria, call Doctor Beckett and Colonel Sheppard to the bridge please." She said calmly.

@DanielRyder @Ellen_Ripley @Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:14:40 PM by Mim »

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 06:33:04 AM »

McKay

McKay was the first to arrive on the bridge, even tho he was not called, he was, at this minute, stuffing his face with a banana, he pointed it at the Colonel, and fired off a sentence.

"I heard the call go out, I figured you just forgot about me, so I came up, obviously, are we there yet?

He took another bite of the banana and grinned

And looking thro the viewscreen answered his own question

"Ah, yes we are, good"

He finished off the banana and looked around to see where he could put the skin.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »

Aria nodded and opened her mouth to respond when Mckay walked in with a banana. Offering him only a raised eyebrow, she smirked thinking to herself, At least he isn't eating a sandwich. All those crumbs on the floor...

Keeping one arm behind her back, she pressed the radio on her ear and spoke clearly, "Doctor Becket and Colonel Sheppard to the bridge. We have arrived at our destination."

Ending the radio call, Aria added acknowledging Rodney, "Doctor Mckay. Welcome to the bridge. You may put the skin," she paused closing her mouth slowly halfway and added thoughtfully, "somewhere."

She exhaled shaking her head and focusing her attention on the screen.

@Ellen_Ripley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:19:37 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:52 AM »

{CMDR. Jack "Hawk" Pierce, USN}

"Settle down, Rodney, no one forgets about you. You don't give them enough time to." Sheppard commented, walking onto the bridge in his full combat gear. He had swiped himself a Mk. 17 SCAR-H from Mako on their way out, complete with an under barrel grenade launcher. He had a feeling he'd need the extra firepower this time around.

"Any idea how much time we've got to do this before more Vanir show up?" Ronon asked from behind Sheppard.

"Your guess is as good as anyone's right now." Sheppard said.

Jack made his way up in his flight suit, he'd staged up two of his other squadrons to go up ahead of him if it had to come to that, but only just.

"Colonel, if we want early warning, best I can do is call up a couple -401s and load 'em down with sensors and EW hardware. Seems no one thought to invest in a space AWACS..." Jack commented.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »

McKay

McKay looked around the ships command centre, and couldn't see anywhere he could put a banana skin, so he shoved it in his pocket. 
He turned as he heard Sheppard's voice

"Yes, well...you never know, and  we need to get in and out as fast as we can,  so, lets get moving, hold on, I haven't got a weapon, I need a weapon"

A little panic was setting in now, flash backs to when he and Daniel were kidnapped by the Vanir.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:00 PM »

<Dreadnought Bridge>

"I'm terribly sorry Doctor, I honestly thought you were too invested in getting some nutrition and I really didn't want to disturb you. Oh and yes, the bin please." Her slim hand pointed to the garbage waste cover door on the bulkhead nearby.

Lily was also trying to estimate the Vanir's movements from the last intel they had, it became a hodge podge of information just prior to leaving Atlantis. "We can't put a time on it Mr Dex, although the intelligent guesses are saying they're hitting a different world every 12 hours or so, we've been out just over 2 hours now and if we had any kind of computer modeling on how they are moving I'd say it could be 8 hours or less if they've divided their fleet." So the question had to be asked.

"Doctor McKay, is that possible? I'm not a mathematician by any stretch of the imagination, so if you had the data from the mapping where they've been hitting and the times in between could we get a better estimate on when and if this world might be hit again and I am sure if they know we're here that is highly likely."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:20 PM »

One thing follows another. "Yes its a pity they didn't bulk up the B model more than they did, one size doesn't fit all. We could do a retro fit ourselves, I know that would take forever. So until then Jack, take 2 of the B's, use them in pairs and with what they are equipped with we'll have a reasonable facsimile of an AWACS. Get Satterfield working on it with you." Now for Plan A. "As soon as Doctor Beckett shows up, we'll have AR-1 and a team of Marines beam down, we want to if possible be out of here sooner rather than later. Commander..." Lily glanced up at her XO. "...you'll be going with them."

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 12:27:59 PM »

McKay

McKay had walked over to the bin and pulled out the banana skin in his pocket, he slid it into the slot and turned to  Colonel Radovic and held up his finger

"That would seem a fair assessment Colonel, but I for one, would need more information, you can't just guess this, especially as I do not like guessing with my.... our lives at stake, and yes, if they know we are here, which sooner or later, i prefer much later, when we are possibly gone, they wouldn't waste any time getting here, that encounter would not go well, also I would like to know why they are hitting this world repeatedly as oppose to the others?, so yes, gather the data and have it sent to my tablet,  so, where is my gun?"

He looked at Sheppard and Ronon with his eyes darting from one to the other, and he pointed and coughed to the door on the bridge

"Ok, I will go to the armoury"

He spun one way then the other

"Ummmm, ok see you soon"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:16 PM »

<UNS Dreadnought Medbay>

"Doctor Becket and Colonel Sheppard to the bridge. We have arrived at our destination."

Having just finished his long treatise on the measles, Carson jumped when he heard his name called over the broadcast system. "It appears we've arrived Carrie lass, would you care to join me on the bridge as I know your insight is going to mean as much if not more than mine."

@NG

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:12 PM »

<Dreadnought Bridge>

The light chatter might have been heard well before they arrived if not for the general bridge sounds and voices that were a part of the work space of a warship. It was regarded by some people as a clamor, most who traveled in them never noticed which was obvious by the way they often spoke with slightly raised voices most of the time. The two women who now approached the main hub of the mighty Dreadnought wore faces that was somewhere between serious focus and grim. "I'm sorry if I kept you John." Teyla began. "The Major and I were discussing how we should approach this situation given that by Carson's accounts the Vanir clones were here only a few hours ago."

"Yes Colonel. If they're close by, isn't it possible they might be still here even if we haven't detected any ships so far. Or that they could have left troops behind on the off chance we came back here?" Call it hedging your bets. That was how Alecia saw the possibilities.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 12:35:29 PM »

"Make it fast, Rodney. We're going down as soon as Beckett is ready." Sheppard said after McKay before looking to Teyla.

"Oh, I have no doubt that they're still here. If there's any chance of survivors, they're not done yet." Sheppard replied, "Why do you think I'm going loaded for bear?"

"Honestly, if we had the right air wing, I'd have those new F/A-305s here. Satterfield, let's go. We gotta rig up a couple -401s into AWACS and get up a Barrier CAP." Jack said, heading for the door. If it was one tactic the Navy knew better than the Air Force, it was how to set up a proper layered defense for a carrier group with aircraft. But Jack wouldn't have the ideal options for that either, which would've been F-14D Tomcats, F/A-18C Hornets, and E-2C Hawkeyes.

He also didn't have AJ here to help, but that one he'd have to manage on his own...

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

<UNS Dreadnought Medbay>

"Doctor Becket and Colonel Sheppard to the bridge. We have arrived at our destination."

Having just finished his long treatise on the measles, Carson jumped when he heard his name called over the broadcast system. "It appears we've arrived Carrie lass, would you care to join me on the bridge as I know your insight is going to mean as much if not more than mine."

<UNS Dreadnought Medbay, CMO office >

Carrie shook her head, “I doubt that a surgeon can add anything to that discussion, so I’m going to stay put for now and catch up on your reports on this outbreak. Maybe I can find something you and Jennifer hasn’t thought of? I’m not by far a virologist, but maybe I can find something just because of my very different point of view? So get to the bridge and find out what’s going on and we can meet up later on, ok?”

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »

Bridge

McKay arrived back on the bridge, he was now suitably armed and he walked over  and  stood next to Ronon.  He glanced at him and looked at his gun

"I was just imagining what damage you could do with two of those, maybe we could replicate it if you let us have a poke around at it, or even if Sheppard would borrow one, permanently, from the Travellers, can we please get going, all this waiting is playing havoc with my ulcer"

He looked pleadingly at both of his friends

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 06:05:56 PM »

Lt/Commander Aria Israel

<<Dreadnought Bridge>>

"Yes, ma'am," Aria nodded slightly surprised with the fact that she will go with the group to the planet.

The commander listened to the conversation on the bridge and took note of a few important details. Soon as some of the group started to leave, Aria turned to Radovic with an inquiry, "Colonel, while I'm down there. Anything you want me to watch out for?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: [1] 2 3 4