Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SG-1- Team building  (Read 73 times)

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Impiousimp A new starter.
SG-1- Team building
« on: May 16, 2019, 01:59:53 AM »

The one thing that seemed to be true of the science team was the tendancy to get swallowed up in their projects, even on their days off.   Kylee had almost a dozen ongoing projects  a few subprojects, most of them testing improvements on on standard issue equipment.  One such idea was adding unrefined trinium to a ceramic solution in an effort to make tactical vests able to deflect more staff weapons than ceramics alone which mostly dissipated heat.  That had been approved for testing so of course she was all over that.  Rare does a chance come down to play mythbuster at work, and she had checked out a staff weapon, collected her ballistic dummy and dressed him up in the latest Tacvest stand in with the new inserts.

Standing behind the glass with Bill Lee, she grinned wildly as he handed her the switch to activate the blast weapon.  Even if it didn't actually do what they had theorized, it would at least be hell of a show, and he was humoring her.

"Testing in 3, 2, 1."  She announced before clicking the trigger and sending off the direct hit blast.   It hit the dummy, sending it flying, and sort of lighting it on fire.  Granted the fabric of the tacvest on this case wasn't strictly fire proof, so Kylee hit the fire button and the fire was put out.

She stood up and went to reach for the tablet to get the read out.   "Based on this it's a 5-10 percent reduction in blast getting through.  That's not terrible."   

"A marked improvement I'll give you that but I don't see it going into mass production yet.  We'd probably need at least fifteen."

"Not at the cost of these things.  Even from scrap trinium it's pretty pricey.  Aw well, thanks Bill."  She said, then setting things back up for another round, then looking over the numbers again.  Couldn't hurt to double check them before submitting the report.   Although with the excitement from the explosion gone she was starting to get a little antsy.  She should probably make more use of her personal day, call her brother and see if he wanted to do a raid or something, but maybe later.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: SG-1- Team building
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:00:28 AM »

Cam made his way down to the labs, having showed up in casual clothes rather than his uniform. He wore a blue vintage t-shirt with the Shelby Snake logo in white, blue jeans and a pair of white and blue running shoes. He hadn't come on official buisness, it was just that some of his team wasn't answering the phone and with all the tensions running, a lesson Landry taught him that he wanted to apply here.

"Y'know. Today's a day off, and this looks suspiciously like work." Cam pointed out casually as he leaned in the doorway.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:32 AM »

With all of her note taking she may very well have jumped if not for all that military conditioning.  The voice she didn't know well but easily recognized as the CO of SG-1, the team she'd just been transferred to even if she wasn't entirely sure she deserved that honor.   Maybe the SG-1 veterens didn't realize how much their stories were told around Alpha site, so she had to reel in her excitement a bit.  She bites back a grin and waves the remote in her hand.  "I'm making things go boom, how is that work?" 

Okay, granted, the data she had to enter did count as work, a tablet she offered to Bill who was standing behind her.

"I grew up on a healthy dose of mythbusters.  Can't help it."
   That and she was probably going to call it quits soon anyway.    "Did you have any plans?  There isn't some sort of initiation ritual, is there?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:01:06 PM »

"Because it's here and it's official buisness. Thus, it's work." Cam replied, "We don't go make you run an obstacle course or eat bugs or whatever." Cam replied.

"Personally, I was hoping to get you, Vala, and Daniel to unwind at my place in town. I bought a house for...various reasons." Cam let that one go for a moment. It probably wasn't any secret that despite finally getting the girl he'd wanted since High School, he had yet to actually marry her. But that was no one's buisness but his own...especially if Vala decided to bring it up.

"Nothing fancy, probably get something ordered there plus soda and chips and whatever else. Not keen on getting anyone liquored up, especially Vala. Maybe play some cards, no real money of course, but I do also have a Wii. At least you might want to get a few rounds of Super Smash Brothers in with me, I just call dibs on Solid Snake." Cam said with a half grin.

"Honestly, it's better than being cooped up down here all day every day, running yourself into the ground while we deal with whatever antics Ba'al is up to. I learned that during the war with the Ori." Cam explained.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »

"Strictly speaking I need something to unwind from but that sounds good, and you always seemed like more of an xbox kinda guy."  She quipped, raising her hands in surrender to hand over the controls to Bill.   

"Me, I play on the PC."   But a wii, that would do.    "Then I call dibs on Pikachu."  Seemed like a nataural fit for her, and that and it was the one she had the most practice on.   "Does Daniel play too?"  Now him, he didn't expect him to be much of a gamer at all.

She mulled over the remark on Ba'al for a moment, then offering a smirk.  "He's a discount Lex Luthor and we still haven't brought him down?  I guess my work is cut out for me.  You're right.  Time to take a break.   Bill here said I'm giving him flashbacks to another workaholic."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:54:19 AM by Impiousimp »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 01:01:46 PM »

"Playstation, actually. Been that way since the first one, I was mainly into SOCOM US Navy SEALs, but that series died. Now it's 12 year olds screaming on Call of Duty..." Cam replied. "I got the Wii to play more casual stuff with people who come over. That and Rock Band...but I hide that whenever I have Vala come over. I don't know who introduced her to karaoke, but when I find them, I intend to have a very strongly worded conversation."

"Jackson doesn't, but c'mon, it's a Wii, it's supposed to be family friendly. I'm sure they can figure it out. I'm going to say I think he'll take Mario and Vala will take Samus. Maybe Peach." Cam said as he stepped aside to let Ky into the hall, since he'd been blocking the door by leaning in it.

"He's pretty irritating, but I've seen him get his. Plenty of times, actually, I just wish it'd stick. But discount Lex Luthor...yeah. I'm sure he's shaken a fist while saying "Curse you, SG-1. Curse you." at some point. Would not surprise me." Cam said with a chuckle.

The next stop was to collect Vala, and hopefully she wouldn't be too far from Daniel this time.

@Ellen_Ripley

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 97
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »

Dressed in shorts that could well be described as not quite for her age, a basketball singlet boasting the colours and motif of the Chicago bulls with sweat pouring from every inch of her skin, Vala looked as if she had spent the better part of the day and previous night in the gym. When in fact it was only the last hour. The give away that she was as usual having a ball was the wide toothed smirk she wore going almost ear to ear. "Aliens four, Earth one. You know Cameron there has to be a better team for Teal'c and I to go against than poor old Siler and Daniel."

There wasn't any particular reason she found herself down here, other than Samantha made some comment that Vala might see something interesting going on. The labs were always a fun place for anyone with a sciencey bent, Vala no; yet she was curious for just about anything that relieved the boredom of mission free downtime. There was also the mention of the new girl, a possible replacement for Samantha on the team now that she was going to be more focused on research here at the SGC. While sad to lose her off the team, Vala knew she'd always be here for her when the two friends needed each other's company. "Hello, you must be Kylee?" She said wiping another line of sweat from her brow.