Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SG-1- Team building  (Read 383 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: SG-1- Team building
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

Inside the elevator Vala merely looked upwards as if she had some kind of mischief in mind. Not that she had. "Don't worry Cameron I've become rather fond of kitchens lately and I do treat them with a degree of reverence. It's really strange how things turn around isn't it? Once I never really thought a great deal about food, yet since being here on Earth I've found some very deep cultural significance with the simple act of eating and with so many diverse races you have here, food can be quite exciting. Although that wasn't quite what I had in mind." She was nonplussed about the video games, but if there were some good movies on she'd be all for that. "Detour?" She was intrigued.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:32:14 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Impiousimp

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »

"Oh yeah?   Honestly that's probably one of our cultural selling points.   Dr Jackson could make a living off translating Martha Stewart into off world languages.   Not to mention popular culture.  I'm... really actually interested in looking for samples of off world media."  She offered a cheeky grin.  "As for cooking if you need a sous chef I'll help out.  My dad ran a diner up in Duluth."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »

"Well, let's get going then. Ky's up front so she can give directions." Cam said, leading the way to his car, a blue with white stripes '10 Shelby GT500 waited. He'd follow the directions Ky gave to the detour she mentioned.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »

Since the younger member of the team was going to navigate for Cameron, Vala slipped easily into the back of his car (it wasn't her first trip with him) making herself comfortable while she fastened her seat belt. She had a rather amusing thought there and then, if ever the Stargate Programme was opened up to Earth's public they could do away with these 'body restraining devices', introducing something similar to the internia dampeners used on the F302's. They might even save more lives that way. "My favorite so far that I've been indulging is your Thai cuisine, I'm learning that from one of the SGC's Nurses by the way. Their food is not only exotic and though quite much the same in ways as many from around that region, there is a uniqueness in the love they place in each process." She laughed. "I may even take up this Buddhism some day." Yes that'd be the day.

She waited another moment, then she had to ask. "Cameron I may need to pick up something, can we stop at a 7/11 on the way and Kylee how are you at mixing batter?" It was all coming together now, this was going to be fun.

Impiousimp

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 09:45:55 PM »

"It's not far, up the road.  3420 Vickers drive."  She stated, taking up the shotgun seat and buckling herself in.  She glanced back to Vala as she said Thai food then smirked a little.   "Are you planning on making noodles from scratch?   And yeah I've made my fair share of culinary creations.    Worked at my dad's shop since I was fifteen before I shipped out.  He's still giving me grief because his new employees don't make the Merengue for the pies right."

She shrugs and smiles coyly back at Vala  "There's a chance you might put on an extra pound or two with me around.  Pretty much guaranteed a plate of cookies after a rough mission.  That's stress baking for you."
Pages: 1 [2]