Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site-South  (Read 167 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site-South
« on: May 20, 2019, 02:20:25 AM »

To describe this world simply as the Alpha site does not do it justice by a long stretch of the imagination. A typical Solar system type planetary world, the fifth from its sun and roughly 1.15% larger than Earth with a gravity of around 96% that of Earth's, barely noticeable.

The Stargate is housed deep underground in the Alpha site base itself; something of a smaller copy of the SGC back on Earth but not by much. A lot of the existing structure is part of an Ancient facility that existed here millions of years ago, some of it still yet to be explored.

Foreston is the main town closest to the Alpha Site, some twenty kilometers away to the East, the site itself is near the coast and nestled in between the foothills of the main north south mountain chain. Roads lead from both the site and Foreston to towns and cities in three main directions and often you will find personnel from the Alpha site on the roads south of the city going in between Foreston and Merrenden 200 kilometers to the south.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:20:18 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 10:42:43 PM »

In the voyage to Alpha Site Macha was busying herself with preparations.  Four stasis pods for their subjects to ensure they're immediately subdued and kept safe as well as genetic testing measures programmed into the Al'kesh's computer.  She also was currently diligently scanning for defenses on the planet itself and in orbit.  Surely the Tau'ri would have means of detecting their hated enemy, or perhaps a means of defense.  She was expecting it anyway.   

Lastly she was making sweeps of scans on the surface near the settlement, looking for viable candidates.   She glanced back to Grundel who had her own workload.   " There seems to be a small battallion many miles away from the main base."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 01:36:20 AM »

<<From Tirnangog>>

Guiding the small ship into Tauri claimed space was always hazardous, Grundel knew that only too well. She glanced over to what Macha was seeing on her scans. "South, that is good. We are fortunate in that this world of theirs is not as covered by the same defensive system as their homeworld Earth. While they do use the same satellite defence technology, they do not have the numbers of them and there are gaps. Believe me when I say we have tested them Macha, much to our peril but Allienna and I have mapped out a route that circumvents those places where the satellites do overlap. This is why I approached the planet below the equator, it is far less guarded in that direction." Still they weren't free yet. She tapped into the ship's systems bringing up a display that showed a path in between those watching defence weapons far south, then she pushed the Al-Kesh down hard making straight for the planet's surface.

At just 200 feet from the surface of the ocean, well below any tracking this far south at a point parallel with the coast some 100 miles in between the towns of H'gar Task and Dunrel Grundel pushed the ship directly east crossing over miles upon miles of sand dunes heading inland with the ship following the terrain until she was around 180 miles close to the mountain chain that went North South at this latitude. "A long way around I will admit, but it does avoid getting shot at doesn't it?" Turning north she tracked along the plains and grasslands before cloaking the ship, they needed to pass the Tauri before landing somewhere close by. "That outpost is new, I suspect because of the recent war they endured here. They have never bothered venturing this far south before." Hopefully that did not mean they were more alert.

It was night, as the Tauri judge it around 11pm, and though she felt it was an omen having a full moon out, in this landscape it might as well be one big lantern. As luck was still on their side as she landed the ship roughly half a mile south of the garrison, dark clouds crossed the moon. "Lleuad y Hunter" She said in her clan's native tongue, which translated roughly into 'the Hunter's moon'. "We should wait until after midnight I am thinking, it will take some time to scout the facility and to find our best targets in any case. If you so desire Macha, I do have the clothes of the Tauri in chests on the ship, that I think will assist us greatly."

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »

"Clever, Grundel.   Never have I known a pair of Goa'uld so unclouded by arrogance to work together much less manage to navigate perils such as these without the intent to sabotage their fellows in some way.  You truly are worthy successors of the dynasty."   Macha was pleased with their willingness to cooperate with her own dealings, as well as grateful for their support.  She smiled predatory as she began making scans towards the ground, focusing her search for isolated areas.

"Perhaps, if it is necessary we may venture to ground.  It may be prudent to find targets that fit our criteria better.  Although perhaps this device may be useful as well." She said, holding up an augmented karakesh.    "Personal cloaking device." 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:39:38 AM »

<<From Tirnangog>>

The younger looked at the older, there was a twinkle in her eyes as she replied. "Mother said I was the one who took more after you than Allienna as she does after Mother. The compliment thus goes back to you." The corners of her mouth on what was normally a very dour expression altered her looks completely.

In the conversation Grundel agreed to the cloaking device with the caveat that they still wear the Tauri garments in the case of those they were seeking to be among had developed technology to subvert such devices. Much to her own dismay, the children of the Galaxy were rapidly catching up to the adults. Since the time of Ra's downfall they had developed technologies of their own and while in some ways primitive, the ends was all that was important.

They waited the hours to pass by, when all was ready they stepped from the cloaked ship to make their way to the Tauri camp. Grundel was more than aware of the humans ability to penetrate the night with their devices, so it was a path between rocks, trees and other cover that she led her Aunt until they came within site of several large tents. All was quiet. "How do you make a choice that is the question?" She whispered.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

"We will have no idea who has the gene until we test.   If we can access base medical records it would be a simple matter but it is unlikely to have that access.  If such opportunity arises we take it.  In the mean time we do what we have always done. Select strong and healthy subjects as though they were to be taken as hosts." Unless the tauri had devised something more convenient for them to use. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »

One of the advantages of being a Goa'uld was your heightened senses, smell, night vision, hearing and even taste. Grundel was using those senses to full advantage as the two of them drew closer to the tents. "I'll take this one on the right." She whispered to her 'Aunt'. She could sense a female, or two perhaps within, although it didn't matter to her what the gender was in the end, quite simply she had found far more usable subjects in the past in females than males, which was the primary reason nearly 70% of her Jaffa were of the former. She activated the cloaking device of the Kara-kesh just as she slipped between the flaps of the tent. Her guess was correct, a female was laying fast asleep on a cot, only one. That led her to believe she may well be an officer as there was no other bed in the tent.

Grundel crept in, she thought of disengaging the cloak but as quickly she decided not to for the time being. Kneeling beside the young woman, as close as she was she determined her to be in her late twenties, giving her more reason to believe she had rank and that meant she was up there in the intelligence stakes. A pinkish mist came from the young Goa'uld's mouth, covering the woman's head; Grundel leaned in closer telling her to get out of bed and dress for a journey. She instructed her to reveal her name and unit which the girl did easily as she followed the commands from the unseen voice. "First Lieutenant April Hughes US Air Force." She revealed that she was second in command of this unit and when Grundel asked her if she had the Ancient gene April nodded trancelike. The Goa'uld told her to sit on the bed and await further instructions; then she slipped back outside to Macha. "The Nish'ta works well on these, I have one subject whom I think will be of use Macha."

lethal-pageant