Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Land Warfare Centre, Canungra South East Queensland~ Kelt Earth Base.  (Read 1519 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"

The Land Warfare Centre (LWC) is an Australian Army training establishment that is responsible for the provision of promotion courses to commissioned and non commissioned officers (NCOs) in an "all corps" setting. It was originally established during World War II at Canungra, Queensland, as the Jungle Training Centre to prepare troops for combat in the South West Pacific Area. During the 1950s and 1960s, the centre fulfilled a similar role, but since then has evolved to provide a broader spectrum of training courses with detachments at a number of bases across Australia.

It is situated directly beneath a geographical feature known as Mount Tamborine and is accessed by road either from Brisbane north, or the Gold Coast south. There is a single lane road that winds down from the mountain itself. The barracks take up large tracts of land either side of the main road.

Recently (2009) geologists working on some irregular feature at the base of the mountain, noticed a fissure that appeared to be rather unnatural. Upon further investigation it was found to lead into a large cavern that had the appearance of human intervention. Even further surveys found a large seven level structure resembling Lantean construction in pristine condition that fortunately one of the Army officers overseeing the civilian contractors saw first hand, he had been an original member of the Australian forces attached to Stargate Command. The SGC was notified at that time, with the facility being temporarily closed until the budget allowed further work.

In mid August 2011, a new treaty was signed with one of Earth's allies, the Kelts. In exchange for technological aid, this ancient facility was leased to the Kelts for their use in conjunction with Stargate command. The Kelts easily being able to blend in with the local community. With some even taking to commuting by car from either the Gold Coast or nearby Beaudesert.

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
Re: Land Warfare Centre, Canungra South East Queensland~ Kelt Earth Base.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »

<<Level 5 - Offices and Senior Officer's Quarters>>

<<Main Conference Room>>

The two of them beamed down into the main conference room. Sitting in one of the chairs was a young woman not even thirty in Terran years by looks, dressed in a white pullover, a plaid skirt, black knee socks and soft indoor boots. The ensemble was topped off by a Highland bonnet with a feather stuck in at a jaunty angel. The young woman was knitting a sweater. "Hello, Ri," she said by way of greeting.

Ri turned to Anne and made the introduction. "Helwen, this is Doctor Anne MacGregor from the SGC. Anne, this is Major Helwen Drummond of the Kelt Special Forces, head military attache and Chief of Security here. Now if you will excuse me for a moment, I need to check in with my office." With that Rioghnach quickly went out a side door.

Helwen got up and shook Anne's hand. "Welcome, Doctor. I saw Cate at the battle on the Destroyers' world, and I was very impressed with what I saw. I didn't get to talk with her, and wish I had." She looked at Anne carefully. "Oh dear, I can see by that slightly confused look at you've been getting a rather fractured view of our history from the Princess. Ri is a wonderful person, and is a fantastic doctor, but I'm afraid that she slept through every history class she ever took."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »

All too often now at her age, the beaming was beginning to take its toll. So much so Anne had intended to write a paper on the subject. She had found that with quite a few personnel over the age of fifty or so, after having been subjected to the Asgard beam more than once in a day, it left you feeling extremely tired. There was a lot in it, but her itching at the back of the neck feeling told her that as you aged, the body wasn't able to cope as well with being 'reassembled' as it were. She stifled a yawn with great effort as she reappeared some six hundred miles north of where they had come from.

"Excuse me." She apologised then carried on as if nothing had happened. Patiently she waited for the introduction to reach its end, watched Ri leave before she slid into a chair. "No need to mention it at all, as far as I know Catherine is having difficulty remembering it, its as if her memories have holes in them, recent memories for the most part and in a way that can be a good thing as there are some instances of her life I am certain she would prefer to forget."

The younger woman might have been suspect, but for Anne, there was very little that bothered her. "Pleased to meet you Helwen, you'll have to forgive my manners, my head is still spinning a wee bit from the beam down. History was never quite my strong point either, unless I was forced to remember something specific, so I do understand entirely."

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »

Ri came back into the room from her office. "Anne, you look a bit tired. Is there something I can get you? It's dinner time here, and I don't remember what it is your time, but I'm sure that our chefs can whip up something for you." She turned to Helwen. "How was your meeting with the Israeli Sayeret?"

"Very productive," the younger woman replied. "They were enthusiastic about what I could show them and about training with our weapons and equipment. I also spoke with the Russian Spetsnaz commander. He was very standoffish. I think something is getting ready to go down in Moscow."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:01:36 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »

Glancing at her watch Anne noticed it was already 1900 hours and a bit, not bad considering what they had already achieved so far, all that buzzing around was getting to her surely. "You know, it its about my dinner time now, not that I'm pedantic about it these days. It was something Will and I always did together, even if he was away we'd try to connect at this time. Right now though I'm not terribly hungry, perhaps some coffee and something light Ri would do me fine." To be truthful, with what was on her mind she had no appetite at all because the thoughts of her missing surgeon Mike Jaworski was plaguing her.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »

"We can do that," Ri answered. "Some coffee and a light salad OK? And would rather eat here or in the mess hall with the others?"

<<Phone from Jack O'Neil>>

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:36:38 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »

"That would be perfect I think." Anne was doubtful she could eat much at all, yet at the same time she was well aware that starving herself would be very counter productive, so at least a light salad would satisfy something in keeping her healthy. "I think I'd like to meet-" She was cut off mid sentence when her phone rang, the theme from Space Odyssey 2001 Also Sprach Zarathustra, was a dead give away. Anne didn't even bother looking at the caller ID she was still a little out of it. "Anne MacGregor." She said simply.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »

<<Jack O'Neill>>

"Anne, this is Jack. Sam's gone into labor and we're headed in."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 05:43:03 PM »

"Just a moment Ri." Anne held her hand over the phone, the look of surprise was written all over her face. "Jack, you're kidding aren't you? She's not due for another month unless my timing is out. No, belay that, I do recall. I'll need the Apollo to pick me up again, arrange it for me please." She kept the line open, then spoke again to Ri. "Emergency, Sam Carter has gone into labor, how do you feel about assisting me bring new life into this miserable world?"

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »

Ri instantly replied. "I would be happy to. It's always a joyous occasion to bring another life into this world." Helwen Drummond was standing there, holding out Ri's medical bag which she had placed on the conference table just a few minutes before. "I can have the Gall-Ghàidhealaibh beam us there if you wish," Ri offered.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:17:14 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »

Anne only had to think for two seconds to come to a decision, she was that fast on her feet. "It'll save time, the Apollo has most likely changed position by now but, we're not going to the SGC, its hardly the place to deliver babies, least of all a multiple birth. We'll have Sam taken to the Academy hospital, there is a secure section there it's A4e on the grid map. Make it so Ri." She almost giggled to herself, sounding all too much like Captain Picard.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 06:53:37 PM »

"Aye, aye, Captain!" Ri said with a grin, reaching for her communicator. "Aoibhell to Gall-Ghàidhealaibh. Two to beam over to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Myself and Doctor Anne MacGregor. A4E on the grid map."

"Aye, aye, Your Highness. Standing by to beam up two."

An instant later, they were gone, leaving Helwen back by herself. She calmly pulled her knitting out of her bag and started work again on the sweater she was making.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:10:43 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »

It happened so quickly Anne never had a second to take that deep breath she was accustomed to do what she normally would take the liberty to do.

<<To USAF Academy Hospital Colorado Springs>>