Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SGC level 22 -Commissary  (Read 127 times)

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
SGC level 22 -Commissary
« on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:05 AM »

She looked pretty awful, for about eight hours rest under her belt she looked a bit unbalanced.  Mostly due to a hypoglycemic reaction that hit her over night.  She'd eaten of course, what they gave her, but it was hardly enough to maintain her metabolism.    Her hands shook as she took the sugary beverage and went for calories.  Eggs, bacon, pancakes, anything she could get on one plate.    She found a corner table far away from anyone else and began to eat, and she soon began to feel normal again, or what passed as normal.   

She folded her hands, elbows against the table and rested her forehead against her knuckles. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:50:06 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Commissary
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »

Having been informed of the newcomers arrival late last night by Samantha, and as expected Anne was asked to pay the girl a visit at the earliest opportunity, or at best have her come to see the SGC's Chief surgeon some time today, Anne did as she always had a habit of doing each morning and that was to get her first caffeine boost for the day.

Checking in with security as she passed through the levels from the car park, she was dutifully informed she'd find her prospective patient in the base Cafe or as the Americans so fondly call it the 'Commissary'. Anne found that use of the word rather amusing, feeling it sounded in her ears more something the Russians would use rather than her US cousins. "I was told I'd find you here." Her quiet tone was in stark contrast to her daughter's, who took more after her father in that area. "Let me grab a brew before we chew the fat. I'm Anne MacGregor by the way, the SGC's Surgeon General." Said matter of factly.

A few minutes after with a strong black in one hand and a side plate with buttered raisin toast in the other she joined the young woman at her table, sitting opposite from her. "That's quite a breakfast lass, is that how you start everyday? Kylee isn't it?" She inquired to get the conversation going.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
Re: Commissary
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 07:53:12 PM »

She looked up to the woman, instantly recognizing certain features of her and her suspicions confirmed at the last name.  She watched the woman go to the chow line and took another bite of her pancake and sipped the orange juice, starting to feel much more at ease than she had just minutes before.   A full belly will do that to you but the feeling didn't last long and she'd finish her plate before long.    "Uh.  Um.  Yeah.  I guess I do eat enough to feed an army." Much to Ba'al's annoyance, she had recalled.

"Surgeon general?"  She was puzzled by that, but returned her focus to the sausage potato hash in front of her.   Something or other, but then she recalled she was going to get sent through the medical ringer today. 

"...So uuh you're the one I had the appointment with, huh?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: SGC level 22 -Commissary
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:47:50 PM »

Taking her time to consider what she had been told and listening briefly to what the youngster was telling her Anne had to put things in perspective from her own position. As far as she was concerned, Samantha was essentially asking the Medical officer to assess Kylee's suitability for integration into Stargate Command. "Well then lass we'll have to see if we can come up with some high energy snacks for you in small packages so you don't empty of Chef's larder too quickly won't we?" She could think of a few things, her own vanilla slices packed plenty of carbohydrates to feed such an army.

"I wouldn't put too much store in that title really. The SGC wanted someone who wasn't answerable to the Pentagon or Air Force so in some ways the decided that having a 'foreigner' and giving me a fancy title would do what they wanted. The funny thing is I've never put much store into hierarchy during my career as I've always felt being a Doctor was enough to tell anyone where to go." Unfortunately Anne had unwittingly passed that reasoning onto her kids and they were definitely not Doctors. "I am and as soon as you're ready we'll go down to my office for the more formal proceedings. In the meantime you can tell me a little about yourself."

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »

"That would be smart.   I don't recall having much time to figure out how my body works, and Ba'al seemed to be using me as a battery."  She had a vague senses that she was effectively 'fed' by some wires and electricity, and she overloaded the system. The memory made her frown, and he grabbed a cup to sip down some of the juice. 

"I don't know much.  I'm piecing it together still, I remember college and a scholarship and a bunch of other kids like me getting in, but everything else is blank.    I think I really do have to start over."  The stuff that her double had given her, the plushie, the blankets and the clothes, the t-shirt she had on now was a Pink floyd prism shirt, over that a standard BDU.  It was comforting to have that instead of a strict uniform.

"Episodic memory's gone kaputz but I know everything I ever learned.   I know there's something about the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow and it's supposed to be funny but I don't know why.   Like, the reference it's from was deleted like a computer file."  Kylee frowned and shook her head.  "So you can understand I'm... not very keen on being exploited like that again."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »

There had been one or two odd cases pass through the SGC in her time certainly, right now Anne was trying to think if any had been as unusual as this one with her finally admitting to herself that no, there hadn't. At least not since Reese and that was way before her time, although she was well aware of the case. Cassandra came close yet again that took place before Anne's tenure so effectively right now she had no base of reference other than the girl sitting right there in front of her. "It looks to me if I can guess correctly that if Ba'al in your timeline had anything to do with what has happened to you he was doing his best Nirtii impression by trying to create what the Goa'uld like to call hok'tar, or loosely translated 'advanced human'." In all fairness that is love and war Earth wasn't behind the eight ball too far in doing much the same although from a different approach. Bonnie Heckman was the perfect example.

"Understandably whenever we experience traumatic events, there will be cause for us to want to subconsciously block events from our life. At the same time we don't really had too much control over what parts of the memory we end up blocking Kylee." What was that supposed to mean? Anne never was much up on the study of bird life or animals in general other than either horses or the human animal. "It sounds to me like an in house University joke really. Like when your professor sent you running to the campus storeroom to find a left handed screwdriver." She studied the girl a little more, learning something as each minute passed by. "I'll guarantee you this, you won't be exploited here lass."

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 06:03:29 PM »

"I guess.   I don't know who this Niirti is but I doubt I'd like her if that was the thing Ba'al was up  to.   But either way he looks to have succeeded."   Her form blurred to punctuate her point, and once she had become solid, a covered cup of coffee was in her hand.  She had moved so fast she left an after image of herself.   She gave the doctor a winking smile before taking a tentative sup of the hot beverage and took a bite of the bacon she had so lovingly saved for last on her plate.

"I dunno about left handed screw drivers but that sounds like a wasted money.  Speaking of exploitation I bet left handed stores actually sell those..."  She shrugged.    "I guess I'll have to trust you on that.   Uh, how many shots am I gonna get today?"

(For the record it was a monty python reference.)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »

"Not someone you might have wanted to meet in any dark alley I can assure you Kylee. In fact the only way anyone could confront her and that was with a weapon in hand; even her own kind detested her." Not surprising really, but then that was the Goa'uld, famous for their lack of love for one another.

Anne thought she was seeing things when the girl did her little performance and perhaps the closest she came to making any kind of comparison was those old videos taken of SGq when they were under the control of those bracelet empowering things. She had no other point of reference. "I'm quite impressed lass, although I'm at the same time worried what the long term affects on you might be. For now we'll focus on doing your blood works, I don't want to go injecting you with vaccinations that could have negative side effects on you. Other than that I'll ask Samantha if you should have a subcutaneous transmitter." The girl had a sense of humor, so for Anne that was a positive. "Easily swayed folks might actually think such a thing exists for them." She quipped with a smile. Both her kids were lefties and neither ever appeared to question why the rest of the world was so right handed.

Impiousimp

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 08:29:19 PM »

"Ah.  I see.  I noticed nobody really likes the Ba'al of this world much either.  He had a big ship and lots of people behind him but he was talking about being basically a rogue, at least to that Macha woman."  She was rather strange, given that they let them go in the end.   Maybe it was part of a bigger plan?  Maybe the Goa'uld aren't all so bad?  She didn't really know, aside from the fact that Ba'al was despicable. 

Her brows knit as she thought about that and finished her plate, rising to buss it back towards the wash.    "Alright then, lead the way.  I'll try to make it easy for you.  I'm honestly curious about that myself.  Maybe if we could turn it all off...  I mean it's a thrill to be able to do all those things but I guess I could live without it."    Even while she says that does look a bit apprehensive, creasing her brow about the talk about implants.

"Assuming such a thing could even work on me."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:50:18 AM by Impiousimp »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 09:25:38 PM »

"That obvious is it?" There was no need for an answer to that one, Anne felt the feelings on the subject in question were very possibly the same no matter what Universe you came from. "Rogue isn't the half of it lass, among many things he has also shown quite a deft hand in the genocide arena. He is the kind of villain who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, that's something you should keep in mind."

Turn it off? Well she hadn't given that a thought, perhaps there might be something down the track they could pursue. "Assuming so yes." Anne took the last bite of now cold raisin toast, still good enough at any temperature, stood up slowly to ease her back into the vertical then led Kylee to Medical.

>>To Med Bay>>