Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Another Stray Gater Gathered by Mim  (Read 382 times)

MzArchivist

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
Another Stray Gater Gathered by Mim
« on: August 08, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »

I met Mim on a Discord chat. I learned about the wide wonder of her site dedicated to all things Stargate and then some. I figured it was time to check the place out.

I'm a writer, student, and servant to 1 amazing tortoiseshell kitty named Athena.

A little bit about my RP history; I was first introduced to role-play in the early 90s. TSR still owned all things Dungeons and Dragons. When my group disbanded, I moved on the Live Action. Then I found X-men RP rooms on AOL chat.  Let me tell you, chat room RP is fast and insane. You have to keep up with the chat along with what your own character is doing at the same time. It's a real challenge.

At some point, I stumbled on a trek group online- and discovered forum style RPG. I was hooked. This became my niche. I love the posting style, and the occasional joint posting can be a blast. It's also a lot easier to manage and keep up with vs. chat room. It's less of a challenge than chat room in the postings, however, I find that we can focus more on both character and story development.

I picked up an interest in Stargate RP some time ago. I like the idea of crossing it with Battlestar Galactica.

I can't say if or when I'll get into the RP here. My life is in flux right now. Once things settle down, we'll see how things go. Until then, I'm happy to post in the OOC social areas.
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Another Stray Gater Gathered by Mim
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 02:35:46 AM »

Wow! I didn't even remember that!  :lol Honestly I can't even get onto Discord any longer, it just really screws with my computer badly, but then again just a thunder storm buggers it up.  :fp

So very glad to have you here and I will do my best to fix that mobile situation up and I know at some point down the line we will rope you into something  :yes:

But yes, Mz, go for it, our OOC threads and general discussion need some new blood!  :yes:

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Veteran52

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »

Welcome to the group,Veteran52

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 120
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 03:12:57 PM »

Welcome MzArchivist :)

MzArchivist

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »

I'm sure entirely sure how active I'll be. As I said, my like is in flux right now. A friend and I are trying to find an apartment together. I'm also working on building a retail shop for the virtual world of 2nd Life. It's not like V-World in Caprica. This is the real V-world where it's like being in a cartoon. LOL
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

marieldizon

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • marieldizon A new starter.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 03:17:31 AM »

Hello! I want to say that I am new here, that's why my knowledge about this matter is not yet enough. I want to know more about RP history, but I am worried because internet does not provide me enough information that I want to know. I am planning to write something from https://essaysoriginreview.com/essayoneday-review about the said history and being here would be a huge help!

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »

Hello! I want to say that I am new here, that's why my knowledge about this matter is not yet enough. I want to know more about RP history, but I am worried because internet does not provide me enough information that I want to know. I am planning to write something from https://essaysoriginreview.com/essayoneday-review about the said history and being here would be a huge help!
If you want to join in on the SGRP, then this is the place to start reading. The threads include all information you might need concerning format, character creation and what rules we have.
http://lostworldssff.com/index.php?board=347.0

Don't hesitate to ask any of the staff members either in the OOC-thread of the RP-section or in a personal message (PM).

And as far as I can see, @marieldizonsince - since that essay-site of yours has nothing to do with our site you will however be borderline to spamming this forum if you put up a third post about it and there will be consequences. Ok? :)

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

Welcome!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »

Hello @marieldizon , my apologies for the long delay in replying. First up, thank you so much for joining us, that is fantastic and I'm so thrilled that you've taken the interest in us, especially from the RP side of what we do.

So my direct question is, are you seeking information on the history of Role Play in itself, or on what we have done here (and other platforms prior) to our ten years :D

Glad to have you aboard  :sam59

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal