Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PDY-99M Castle Site  (Read 1383 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PDY-99M Castle Site
« on: November 19, 2019, 10:25:29 PM »

A world that takes us back to a period not dissimilar to Earth somewhere around the early 1600's. Where Cavaliers were the main fighting force, lorded over by a ruling family for centuries until an uprising against their cruel masters some six months ago. Seeing an opportunity Ba'al slipped his Trust agents in to supply modern weapons and tactics, the troops faithful to the Empress didn't stand a chance.

But there was more, the old Goa'uld didn't by happenstance help these rebels for no reason, hidden somewhere beneath the main Castle lay Ancient ruins and it's here that the original plans for a crystal based weapon. Though that may not have been found, Ba'al is using this as a staging planet for his Galactic plans.

The Stargate is located one mile due east of the city among woodland. Currently unguarded as Ba'al felt no one would ever find this place, so far down the list of known addresses, it must have been overlooked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:48:13 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PDY-99M Castle Site
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »

A swirl began in the center of the blue/white puddle, then Cameron Mitchell emerged swiftly, finding cover behind a nearby tree some five meters off to his immediate right front. He scanned the surroundings as best as he could, seeing nothing but trees in a light woodland. There were enough gaps among the boughs for him to get a clear line of sight directly to their target a mile away. The Castle. "Clear." He called back over the radio.

Another minute after Mitchell, Vala lobbed through at the run, looking quickly left right and ahead, she copied her team leader's actions by finding her own cover opposite him. "Seems quiet for now Cameron. Do you think they might have detection systems in place."

"Maybe, maybe not. But talking a lot Vala might give us away."

"Oh, right." She shut her mouth.

@sorra @Troy @Mim @Thaddeus
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:29:31 AM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:54:39 AM »

"You know..." Cate trailed off realizing Cam's earlier word to find cover as soon as they were through. Her jaw clenched she headed off just slightly behind Vala only rather than a tree Cate found a reasonable sized boulder that'd cover her when she crouched. Easier said than done, she all but toppled backwards getting down, giving a "I'm okay!" half whispered sort of shout if you'd call it that. She gave Cam and Vala the thumbs up.

@Thaddeus @Troy @sorra

Troy

• First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:11:06 PM »

William stepped through the Gate alongside SG4 and those left from SG-1. There were fewer people present than when they left the SGC, but he was confident they would still accomplish the mission.

Moving off into the edge of the treeline, William followed the example of others by taking cover and awaiting further orders.

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 04:19:17 PM »

DJ stepped (correction: stumbled) through the gate as he tried to find his footing. There hadn't been a single time that he had caught himself simply walking through the gate and ending up walking out of the other end. He had to ask around some time later once they were back at base.

Taking cover behind a tree, DJ raised his rifle as he looked through his scope. There seemed to be nothing so far, and their path looked clear enough. He looked back at the rest of the team before refocusing through his scope.

Detection systems?

He hoped not.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 09:39:57 AM »

Flynn dove to the ground as soon as she was through the gate.  One of these times maybe they wouldn't have to race through the gate in fear of being shot.  She peaked up above the rock she had fallen behind, gun held tight.  "I'm good," she called over the radio.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »

Mentally counting as each came through after Vala, Cam was satisfied with the head count, all accounted for with no one ending up somewhere else they shouldn't have. His trust with the Gate system lately had taken a dive for good reason. Confident also at this point they'd not been detected, he gathered them to his position. "Right folks, according to our Goa'uld this place has some kind of Data old Boche' may have found not long after he set up a fake rebellion against the former rulers. Like everything he does, these Royal folks were probably good people made out to look like greedy overlords by him, just to get his foot in." He tried his best to recall everything Adrestia had told them.

"Possibly we still have loyalists here somewhere, so if as always we get into trouble that might be a play we need to seek out. Other than that, whatever his stooges are guarding along with their local allies must be important, so that's what we going for. I'm going to assume its inside ye old Castle up there. Now as for getting in. I have some ideas but since we're all democratic and all I'd like your theories for the getting without getting shot or captured routine."

Since now there was just the two of them for SG-1, it felt more lonelier than ever as an effective team. Vala hoped that might change very soon. "Well this is going to sound horribly cliched and I know you, SG4 have just gone through this with your last mission- what?" She looked hard at Cate. "- I do read mission files you know Cameron. Sometimes at least." Shoving her hands in her pockets she went on. "I can't think of any castle built almost anywhere in the galaxy that doesn't have some type of cellar or basement level with outside access. Still its risky. We really should find a friendly type local I think before barging in."

"Logical Vala, very logical and yeah I know you do. Anyone else?"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:46:03 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 09:28:52 PM »

Cate went at Cam's beckoning, essentially dragging her team with her more or less. Still, she moved with as much stealth as possible across the open space, which meant fast. She only wished she could have Airman Heckman's upgrades in the legs department; not that she had bad legs, she had seen Bonnie move, it was in a word, magical. "Guys." She said taking them all in while wanting to give Cam an update.

"Yeah we did, came in, found a pub, found some very frightened people and that...made it easy. I think though we might have a different situation here. Ba'al managed to get trumped up charges against a Royal line that had been in place for what? Maybe centuries." She scratched the back of her head for a moment. "Its not as if we mere Earthlings haven't witnessed first hand how the whole Royal thing can go, they're either as bad as, or so benevolent they generally have no power at all. Sorry Vala to bust your bubble, I love ya like a sister but I have to disagree on this one. We should go it alone. That's my ten cents worth." She accounted for inflation. Now it was up to the others to throw their views in.

@Troy @Thaddeus @sorra

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »

He continued to scan; background to foreground as he sought out any signs of life or immediate threats in the vicinity. DJ had closed in slightly as he listened to Cam speak about the Royalty being framed by Ba'al to destabilize whatever hold they had over the land. The conversation steered towards whether or not they sought out another person to ease themselves into the castle, or to make way by themselves and see how it went.

There was a lot of good, there was a lot of bad points that certainly arose between both arguments. That it was less complications if they were to go at it alone, seeing as they would not have to worry too much about a third party giving away their plans; if they turned out to have loyalties that laid elsewhere but at the same time, a local would know the layout of the castle itself.

"Depends on how much you would want to risk the local. If they are just playing the game, that is." DJ replied, giving in his two cents on the matter.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »

Flynn crept across the ground. She really hated sneaking around, but also really didn't want shot.  She soon joined the others, folding her arms over chest.   This did feel like a complete repeat of what they had done.

Flynn considered it for a moment.  "It was very helpful to have the locals lead the way, but how much do we know of the locals here? I wouldn't want to see them or us hurt.  If we can find a way in on our own we might be safer."

Troy

• First Lieutenant
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 04:21:09 PM »

William listened to the mission brief as well as the opinions of the others on the team. It did sound a lot like their previous mission.

"If we know what we're after in the Castle and how to get there, I say we head straight there. No need to waste time talking with the local population."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »

Going down on one knee Cam began scratching in the dirt with a handy stick he picked up nearby. "Okay then, sorry Vala but you know I think by now how this whole democratic process works."

"Phht, just get on with it Cameron." She said just shade on the snappy side. Although there was no meaning in it as she turned only her eyes to Cate. "I know you do. Well you're not Sam, Catherine, we all know that. Though there are days when sometimes more than you'd like to admit you are much like her. Except for your temper. Now if only we could put a lock on that." A big well meant toothy smile followed.

"Ahem." Cam cleared his throat. "We'll look for the easiest ingress, sewer, basement whatever works. Even the back kitchen door if they have one. This time unlike one or two previous engagements we are sticking together and I mean that Cate." From his position he looked up at the Aussie, he wasn't brooking any argument from her on this. "Once in, we will then scout the joint and I guess you all know that will mean we will cross paths with these goons. Quiet as a mouse, we want to get in and out, so it'll be suppressed weapons and hiding the evidence. Are we clear?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 09:28:38 PM »

"You read my mind Cam. People have a tendency to get shot when they split up don't they?" That included him, herself and a number of other SGC personnel who had taken a bullet or Staff blast, even a Zat when they were separated from their team.

For everything else, Cam being who he was, had everything fairly well covered. Cate couldn't really think of a thing he may have missed. Her own teammates had the right perspective so all that remained was to push the go button. "What temper?" She grinned back at Vala, giving her a reassuring pat on the arm. "So long as Vala we leave the cuddling back home okay?" Cate remembered the former Goa'uld/thief was quite fond of that physical emotion, MacGregor wasn't. Unless of course utterly required.

So they were committed now. Time to act like mice once again to sneak in where they might find some cheese. She pulled out the suppressor for her side arm, fitting that first then the M4 followed. "Flynn stick close to me. DJ, William you two can be our watch dogs in the rear. As the Colonel said, we stay as a group, at least keep a meter or two between each other. You okay with that Cam?" It was his own tactics after all. "Oh, William the Tylenol is still working by the way. Thanks. Time is now..." She checked her watch. "...1607 back home and I guess its getting cold." Not so here, it was just a little on the humid side.

@Thaddeus @sorra @Troy

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »

Sticking together certainly sounded like a good plan to her.  Last time Flynn has been separated from her team she had become a Borg hostage.  She certainly didn't want to experience anything even remotely close to that again.

She nodded as she changed out her own weapon.  She could shoot if the need arose, but she would certainly rather use her mind over a weapon.  "Right behind you, Cate."

Troy

• First Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 09:05:10 PM »

"We stick together and do our best to avoid alerting the local populace to our presence. Sounds like a solid plan to me."

William screwed on a suppressor to the barrel of his rifle as he talked. It wouldn't eliminate the sounds but should dampen them enough to prevent waking up the entire village with gunfire. He hung back as instructed, taking up position to the left and the rear of the group.

"The drugs should still be working. I'd be concerned if they aren't. You should be good for another couple of hours, but let me know if you need more. The Air Force field pharmacy is always open, except when we're closed for training."

Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal