Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lost Worlds Project 2020  (Read 188 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 328
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Lost Worlds Project 2020
« on: December 01, 2019, 04:32:04 PM »

Project 2020

Over the past ten years our forum has gone through a number of cycles, some good, some great and yes of course some never made it to the front door. With those continuous cycles we found that within our role play as far as Stargate was concerned we were essentially stuck in a time loop. And while that has generated some decent story lines, its essentially had us stuck in a mire whereby we’ve had little or no room for a great deal of advancement.

Our aim for 2020 to do something that we as staff felt needed doing and the changes will be seen by some as drastic, or by some as the best thing we ever did. As our two current story lines draw down, sometime mid late January, early February we will ensure the current arcs are completed one way or the other. The new start will be New Years day 2013. So not a great deal of character change. From that point we will follow shorter episode plots and at the completion of each episode, the new start will be six months later.

1/ The Stargate clock will be advanced to January 1st 2013. All events pre-2012 will be site lore and retained, the new stories though will make no reference to them unless it is deemed a critical plot point.

2/ You will be permitted to retain your characters but they must be aged accordingly.

3/ There will be a limit to the number of characters you can keep in play per plot. That means that your additional characters while not being deleted from the boards, will be semi-retired and used only if absolutely necessary. Not all characters will be required to be played in each new plot. More on this further down.

3a/ We have far too many teams as we stand. Some will have to be disbanded with the characters moved elsewhere if you wish to retain them.

4/ The story lines will be smaller, with fewer team involvements. One of the major issues we have had as staff over the last two years or so has been allocating teams to the story line, creating concepts for every team and player to be involved. This has given us monstrous headaches and the management has been extremely taxing mentally for us.

5/ Each member will be allowed a maximum of six characters per story, whether that is with the SG1 story lines or SGA. No one member will be allowed to control an entire team, if that is your present situation you will be given the option to move members of that team around to other teams as some characters are put into hibernation.

6/ No one will be left out. If your character or indeed your team is not required for a story line you will be permitted to write with another play in another section of the area in particular. For example two science characters might be working on a project together, or a team may go out exploring. You will be required to write your own plots for these stories and they will not impinge on the main plot.

7/ Posting standard. As we commence the new era we are going to ask you to commit to a standard. As such, every post will be of at least two paragraphs minimum with dialogue inserted when your character is addressed. You may be permitted to omit dialogue if the particular situation doesn’t give you that option for speech.

8/ From the beginning of our 2013 RP year, all new players will be required after submission of their character to undergo an audition so we can ascertain their abilities before we commit your character to the main game.

9/ If a staff member tells you that your post needs editing, we expect you to comply. You will be given 24 hours to make the changes needed or your post will be deleted. In the past we have had far too many posts that were simply not in keeping with the story line of that thread.

10/ All players will be required to find a way to participate in the new story lines/plots in some way. We cannot allow members to continue to write their own stories without the involvement of others. If you have a side story in mind for your own area, for example with the Goa’uld, you will need to submit that concept to the staff for approval and find someone to write with you.

These implementations are not an option and will not be ignored. We need to make these changes so that the overall running of our stories are more manageable and cohesive.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:51:52 PM by NG »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
Re: Lost Worlds Project 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 01:42:49 AM »

How many years is that?

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 02:54:10 PM »

@Robert Laurel

It will be a bit more than a year. Moving us from October 2011 to January 2013. :)

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »

As for the goa'uld, will there be changes?

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »

:lol Zelenka and McKay, me talking to myself, i actually love that idea, i do it a lot in real life  *coughs*  but Jules is normal, trust me :P

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »

As for the goa'uld, will there be changes?

Essentially yes. We won't be over focusing on previous stories, from the start everything will be new story wise. The previous stories will be canon for the site naturally and will still be connected, but we shan't be carrying over.

Also, especially for the Goa'uld, we cannot any longer have that faction going off on your own thing. That means no new worlds, no new threads and no independent stories without permission from the staff and those stories *must* be a part of the central plot.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »

:lol Zelenka and McKay, me talking to myself, i actually love that idea, i do it a lot in real life  *coughs*  but Jules is normal, trust me :P

What's normal?  :lol :lol :lol

Altzek

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.
  • No
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »

Sounds good, I particularly agree with the limit on PCs considering how over-extended people can be when managing too many characters (and plots) at once.

One thing: remember that the Goa'uld are the villains, so less cooperation with the Tau'ri and more confrontations. A plot that allows us to infiltrate Earth governments as counterparts of the SGC would also be cool.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 10:59:02 PM »

Sounds good, I particularly agree with the limit on PCs considering how over-extended people can be when managing too many characters (and plots) at once.

Primarily they haven't been coping too well. Even I struggle at times.

Quote from: Altzek
One thing: remember that the Goa'uld are the villains, so less cooperation with the Tau'ri and more confrontations. A plot that allows us to infiltrate Earth governments as counterparts of the SGC would also be cool.

We will have limited number of plots per episode, this was another major issue that made things difficult. That being said, it will depend on the first story we begin, which we have already a rough draft for.

As for infiltrating the SGC, we have tried that so many times and every time we do it, it always ends up in animosity. Something like that has to be tackled very carefully and only if it plays into the plot at the time. 

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 03:37:31 AM »

So the stories inside the various goa'uld are stuck in the new course? :huh

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 05:39:19 AM »

Sounds fine to me.
Will the Goa’uld be able to join in on more of the main plots?

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »

And secondly, could we keep our primary and secondary goa'uld characters with all the attached jaffas? :W

Altzek

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.
  • No
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »

As for infiltrating the SGC, we have tried that so many times and every time we do it, it always ends up in animosity. Something like that has to be tackled very carefully and only if it plays into the plot at the time.

What kind of animosity?

Anyway, not necessarily the SGC, even minor countries would do.

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 10:48:05 AM »

The Vanir could easily infiltrate Earth.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »

So the stories inside the various goa'uld are stuck in the new course? :huh

As we move forward the old way of doing things Khnum has to end. It has always been my goal that as a community of writers we try as best as we can to meld stories together with each faction. Going off on your own, writing your own stories without input from other players will end in the new start. From this point on, we will always have at least a minimum of three players in every plot/story or side arc.

Sounds fine to me.
Will the Goa’uld be able to join in on more of the main plots?

That is the aim and how it should be. I will be asking soon for another assistant GM, so if you think that you can help build a story line seen from all viewpoints, anyone will be welcome to apply.

And secondly, could we keep our primary and secondary goa'uld characters with all the attached jaffas? :W

That will have to be looked at. As above in the new guidelines you will be allowed a maximum of six active characters per story. While your older characters will still be around, they cannot be played at the same time (this rule of course does not apply to GM's)

What kind of animosity?

Anyway, not necessarily the SGC, even minor countries would do.

The usual kind that comes out of metagaming, God Modding etc etc. It is extremely hard to manage yet I am willing to look at each concept on its own merit. A basic synopsis will have to be created and approved. By the same token, you could imagine NID spies among the Goa'uld?  :sam37

The Vanir could easily infiltrate Earth.

By the end of this season the Vanir will be neutralised completely. Not gone, but no longer a force. That is after all the reason for the current SGA story.

Pages: [1] 2