Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Finally an active community!  (Read 487 times)

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
Finally an active community!
« on: January 11, 2020, 07:59:30 AM »

So I met Mim and learned of this site through a Facebook group when I asked about how/where to find other Stargate roleplayers. I’ve been searching for a while, so you can imagine I was happy when I found out that there is actually an active community for it! :D

I have been roleplaying for the past.. uh, since 2009 I believe so about ten years if my math isn’t completely off, which it probably is since me and numbers are not friends :P Anyway, I started out with roleplaying online in my mother tongue, and did that for a while until I joined Tumblr and made my first roleplay blog there. I still have a few of those blogs, two of them are Stargate oc’s. I have absolutely no experience within forum rp though, so am a complete noob on how it works and will probably need some assistance in getting into it. I also am a bit anxious about it all, scared of doing anything wrong and so on. A lot of insecurities to put it that way. I usually write in a multi paragraph style - like two or three paragraphs, but sometimes I can get a bit carried on, I suppose. :P 

As for Stargate I was introduced to it by my dad when I was but a child and was absolutely fascinated, especially by the Goa’uld, but also Daniel because he was kinda cute :P  Because of that I’ve always had a big interest in Ancient Egypt, and have recently decided that I will try to become an Archaeologist if possible. I am currently rewatching SG-1 and I am very, very dedicated to the Goa’uld.

Regarding me, well, I am 30 years old and am a published author. I write as a part-time job, though I usually don’t write my novels in english. Frankly, it’s kinda easier to write it in my mother tongue. I’ve written novels and short-stories since I learned how to write, so for many, many years. I finished my first book when I was ten years old. And then another one, and another one and it just never stops.
I am the proud slave of two beautiful cats: an old, cranky lady named Alotta and a young gentleman called Bartimaeus. I also am a cosplayer, so I make my own costumes, puts them on and gets into character for photo shoots and competitions. I’m very creative to put it mildly. I love anything fantasy or sci-fi themed and most of my tattoos are pretty nerdy. Two of them are Stargate tattoos, by the way!

This was a lot of probably unimportant info about me, but heyy - carried away :P
To conclude: I am really thankful and very happy to be here! <3

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 120
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
Re: Finally an active community!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »

We welcome you, especially from the goa'uld faction, me, Shadowlord, Macha and Altezk .... we are happy that you have joined us :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:43:07 PM »

You had me at two beautiful cats, lots of cat lovers on here, it is good to have you, and any help you require just ask, dont be worried about making a mistake we all still do it occasionally.   Hope you have a great time.

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Draco-Stellaris A new starter.
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »

Welcome, great to have you here! :) It's a fine community.
(Okay, now I feel outnumbered, I don't have cats but a dog. :D But I like cats too.)

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 10:16:22 PM »

As Khnum said, welcome to the community.

Altzek

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.
  • No
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 06:03:45 AM »

Hello there, fellow snake.

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 07:17:22 AM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :D
Now I must wrap my head around the character application form, and get ready for the fun to begin!

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 07:30:33 AM »

Then we look forward to seeing you in action :yes:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 09:58:30 AM »

@Sekhmet

G'day and hi. Sorry for the late response, if you check my LOA you'll know why.

Anyhows, welcome to LW and the madhouse, there be cookies, just be careful who you take them from  :lol Any Q's shoot me a PM and I'll try to answer as quickly as I can.

BTW, Khnum forgot my Snakes. Allienna and Morrigan  :sam_40 (Plus Ba'al is lurking around somewhere)  :fp

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 07:55:49 AM »

Thank you Mim. I will send you a PM with the questions I have. There's no rush, though, I know you have a lot to do! Oh, you have two snakes too? Awesome :D My snake can't wait to meet them all!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »

:yes:  :sam_40

I'll get on that soon :D

Yep and you should know Morrigan  :sam37

Allienna is her daughter  :sam59

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Khnum and Achaman are ready to receive the newcomer :yes:

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »

Welcome onboard! Yes, we are pretty active  :yes:

I used to have a snake. Gua'old. Character. At one point. But havent gotten around to bringing one into the fold. I plan to. Eventually.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 02:38:22 AM »

Sekhmet looks forward to meeting both Khnum and Achaman :D

And, thank you Daniel. I don't know how to tag people here yet so :P You should definitely join with a snake. I love the snakes! I have two actually, though I will only be playing one of them here.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 03:58:20 AM »

Welcome welcome! I have some precious kitties, a couple puppies and my best buddies in my two horses.

I have a snake as well.  Skia is still lurking around as well as a Tok'ra at the SGC
Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal