Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Sol Space - Drums of War  (Read 8192 times)

Arcanthion

Re: Sol Space - Drums of War
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »

"I'll try to do it as quickly as I can, Selinde."

He knew it would take a minute to change the Protocols, however, the Quantum Matrix seemed to be almost completely aligned, so he quickly finished the last of the alignments, and started the First initiation phase, and watched it, as he began to modify the various protocols needed to modify the projection. He had to run it through the Hyperspace generator, and project it out to create a Subspace Quantum Web, at least for this prototype. By the time that sequence had been completed, the first initiation had finishes, and showed that the Matrix was stable, and would work.

"Four minutes and Fourty-three seconds, Selinde. I;m ready to initiate the Sequence when you are."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »

"Hold! Arcantus. Have the module on standby, keep the power at half so we can initiate it at will; I'm going to have a little chat with our friend." She knew that she couldn't communicate normally while he was in that field, but she could use a sub space route. Selinde opened up a separate communications panel, made the necessary adjustments and spoke into the small rounded crystal that hovered just inches from her face. "Lord Ares greetings. I am Selinde Norogood, Commander of the Eldari fleet in this Galaxy, you have met my sister Sunniva I believe?" Charming as always, and a subtle start, hopefully to prevent a war. Selinde was not Sunniva, there personalities were polar opposites. Then there was Earth on the other channel.

<<Radio transmission from SGC to the Telperion>>

"Telperion, this is Lieutenant Colonel Sarah Devlin of the Stargate Command.  Do we have a reason to be cautious of this other ship?"

"For now, no. I will keep you informed Colonel. I am opening up dialogue with him now hopefully." She also had Steven on another channel, even an Eldari can get flustered. "Arcantus, you can speak to General Caldwell for me please.....Lovely to hear your voice once again, do I take it as a sign with your promotion that you are now Fleet Commander? Sunniva is with child at the present and yes you are correct on this Ares fellow. I will hand you over to my second in Command, Arcantus, as I am trying to initiate a conversation with the Goa'uld Lord."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:35:25 AM by RogueRanger »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:58 AM »

*From Saggitta*

"Please pass my congratulations to Sunniva. We stand ready to support you."

The ships commander wasn't distracted for one moment. She saw clearly that the Saggitta had arrived on station and by the looks of things with her bio scanners, there was activity within the ships hangar bays. "I will General. I do hope you will give me a chance to speak with Ares before you launch your fighters." That was all she could say for the moment.

Ares

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ares pacing stopped mid step as Sterns' TAC/NAV report came through, the same time as Romulous' head came up and he spoke.

"We're being hailed by the El'Dari... it's not the ambassador... claiming the title of Commander of the Eldari fleet."

"Tau'ri ships are beginning to shift formation.  They are launching ... " Stern's brow lowered on one side, then glanced up to Ares, "I think they're fighters?  Systems show very light armament, perhaps projectile and missile capability.  No more than a hundred total... "

Ares' brow went from ire to amusement, and his crisp blue eyes shifted to the viewer as he murmured, "Show me...  The clear expanse of stars shifted, as the quadrant with the earth vessels was enhanced, then again, showing the Aurora class vessel surrounded by the boxy Tau'ri vessels.  This would be the first time Ares' forces had seen the earth ships in anything but a visual record, and they watched a moment as they deployed the even more boxy glider like fighters.  Ares amusement grew, replacing his concern from a moment before. 

"Text only reply to the El'Dari... We are here for the humans.  You can wait your turn, and thank your Ambassador for any hostility you receive.  End of line... "  One gauntleted hand, the ornate "Hand of Fate" on his right, lifted and pointed at the enhanced viewer, at the Ancient Aurora. "I've seen that before... formidable, and impressive.  Our attention will focus there if they intend a skirmish.  Launch bay on scramble alert but hold.  Drop the reversal field.  Let us see how bold they really are... "

As if Ares' amusement was contagious,, even Stern gave a gruff 'humph' and sent the commands, while Romulous typed his short subspace burst to the El'Dari.

Quote from: Text only Transmission to Telperion
We are here for the humans.  You can wait your turn, and thank your Ambassador for any hostility you receive. -Ares, "Kheron" Warship

Outside the ship, the warped space began to unfold, stabilizing as the crystals above and below powered down and stilled in their harnesses.  Scans would show that the hull was comprised of a hybrid crystalline and Trinium alloy that gave off a quantum signature of it's own.  The three outer pylons were the only parts with any shielding, and that was only EM, as if to contain the energy rather than protect it.  More intent scans would show 350 MKIII Ha'tak vessel equivalent staff cannons, and at least four different launch bay doors.  The multi layered, temple like vessel was easily three times the size of a Mark II goa'uld Ha'tak, even with a superstructure, spinning slowly in place as it waited to see what earth would do.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »

"I see." Selinde said quietly. She wouldn't respond, both forces had gotten themselves into this mess through hasty actions and if the Eldari were to be peacemakers, she would take a neutral stance, she an even handedness to both parties. "Arcantus, standby to deploy the net to either side who starts shooting. I'm arming our main canon just in case anyone thinks of getting trigger happy. In the meantime, launch our fighters and deploy them in the middle of these children please." The ship had over two hundred and fifty attack craft.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 12:09:57 AM »

The two large Tauri warships move in to position. It was like a game of chess really. The smaller Dreadnought tucked in just behind and to the starboard side of the larger Saggittta, they were still some fifty kilometers distant, but in the vacuum of space, that was shooting distance.

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »

<<Saggitta bridge >>

Steven nodded at Maria. She was doing her job as XO. "Just launching a Combat Space Patrol. Don't want them to get caught in the fighter bays if we're attacked."

He listened to Sarah's query. "Open channels to Dreadnought, SGC and Telperion. Launching Combat Space Patrol as defensive measure only. I have no intention of attacking unless attacked." He went back and sat in his command chair. "Opinions, XO, Tactical, Science. Should I open communications with the intruder or wait until SGC or the Telperion do so?"

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:48:34 PM by RogueRanger »

flubber2kool

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flubber2kool A new starter.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »

<<Saggitta bridge to SGC, Dreadnought, Telperion>>

Launching Combat Space Patrol as defensive measure only. I have no intention of attacking unless attacked.

<Dreadnought Bridge>

"Understood General. Do you wish us to stay in current fomation? Also I am ordering the Dreadnought to remain weapons ready. I will not issue an order to engage unless I recieve express order or  if I am engaed by the eneny."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:58:01 PM by RogueRanger »

The Doctors are in the house!

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

<<Saggitta bridge>>

"Maintain position, Cam. As SGC appears to be down, I'm trying to decide if I want to make contact with this Ares fellow. I want input from you, your XO, and Doctors McKay and Jackson."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »

<Saggitta Bridge>

Maria was somewhat relieved, the last thing they needed now was to get into another battle so soon after the losses they had suffered all so recently. "Sir, something has changed, that anomaly, that distorted space field around his ship has gone, I can open a channel directly to him now." Just as she was speaking, Selinde replied all in a timely fashion.

<Telperion Bridge>

"He has cut of communication with me Stephen, so its up to you. He appears to want to speak only with a representative of Earth. Somewhere along the way we may have offended him. Don't quote me on that."

Ares

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Stern glanced up once more and announced, "El'Dari are now launching their fighters." He glanced sidelong to Rom who shook his head, confirming no other contact besides the first communique from the automated satellite. Ares nodded slowly watching it unfold both through the main view, and his own relay trough his earpiece.  As the forces both entered well within his own range he shook his head slowly.

"Maintain..." the only command he gave, waiting with the more composed  calm he was known for among his people.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:41 AM »

Watching with almost a revered fascination, Chenal counted the Eldari fighter craft emerge from several launching points of the mammoth black ship. They were large for a fighter, more like a light bomber, but she could see from their lines they would be fast and maneuverable. What she couldn't work out was their tactics; they simply formed a wedge between the opposing ships, equal numbers facing in either direction; her tally stopped at somewhere around one hundred and eighty and she doubted they had emptied their bays. Silently she shuddered.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »

<<Saggitta bridge>>

Steven watched as the Eldari deployed their fighters. He had half expected this. The Elves were doing everything they could to avoid a fight. He signed with relief as he heard Sean's voice. Glad to see he was back in action and taking charge. He wondered what happened, he was sure he would find out shortly.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:37:22 AM by Robert Laurel »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:03 AM »

<Saggitta Bridge>

She was staring, staring at the Eldari fighters, staring at the Goa'uld ship and all those vivid memories of that terrible war Earth and her allies had not long gone through came flooding back. Maria cupped her face in her hands and began to weep softly, there was no way she was going to see her friends die yet again. She straightened up, her hand went to her console and immediately as a precaution she had the ships shields up. "Just to be sure sir, I've armed missiles two through to sixteen." Yes she had done that as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:49:21 PM by RogueRanger »

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »

<<Saggitta Bridge>>

"Very good, XO," Steven said. "There won't be any war if I can do anything to prevent it. It all depends on that fellow out there. Message to SGC: Maintaining defensive posture. Do you have any instructions?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5