Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sydney and surrounds  (Read 541 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Sydney and surrounds
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:41:50 PM »

Sydney is a vast area and though the city itself isn't large by most standards, the Metropolitan area is, measuring just over 12,000 sq km.

Concord, the site of the VFA hospital and the special burns units (among other specialty units) lies just 15 minutes due west of the city centre.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Sydney and surrounds
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:32 PM »

<Sydney~ Concord Repatriation Hospital>>

"You kids talk too much." Maria said half jokingly. She was wide awake and had been listening to some of it, not all but she was putting bits and pieces together. She said nothing. "Do you think between you Mike, Theresa, an answer might come forward down here in Sydney?" Frankly she didn't like the place, far too busy for her liking and the sooner she and Art could go home the better.

The best answer Tess could give to Mike now that Maria was awake was to look at both he and Elle with her mouth agape. She shut it smartly though, the old saying 'you'll catch flies' might even apply inside an aircraft. "We can't be sure Maria, but Mike here assures me some of the best resources in the world will be following this up. Right Mike, Elle?" Careful to not give too much away, she felt confident though getting this close to their destination.

"Me?" Elle herself was caught napping right as the plane's wheel's touched ground at Mascot. "Well we've seen some amazing things Mum, let's take one step at a time though." Sitting next to Mike she squeezed his arm tightly.

Maria looked at all three then across to Arthur in his airline stretcher. "You know something. I think I can believe now."

@NG

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:33:01 AM »

Looking back to the others, Mike replied, “I try to live by, and emphasize to both patients and their relatives that as long as there’s life, there’s also hope. Maybe not as many miracles as we’d like, but there’s always hope.” ‘Even when you’re stuck in galaxy far far away, and your captors are trying to either suck the life out of you or simply just poison you.’
He hesitated for a fraction of a second before he continued, “And I’m hoping for all of us, that the answer to this is here in Sidney for us to find.”

Moments later, the aircraft came to a halt and it with an impressive effectiveness they were soon on their way by ambulance towards the hospital.

< Concord Repatriation Hospital, Sidney >

It was amazing what Anne’s phone call had done – after having shown their id’s in the reception, they all had a free passage further in to the facility – no questions asked.
As Arthur was taken care of by two nurses for some final preparations of the upcoming MRI, the rest of them found some chairs and had a seat behind the technicians, all monitors in full view.
He placed a hand on top of Elle’s, “Hope for the best, uh?” he whispered as the images started to emerge.
Crap, how he wanted to be right this time!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »

The best they could hope for right? Elle looked at her Mum, then Arthur on the MRI table. Tess had skipped outside for a moment to get acquainted with the place, a quick tour so to speak. She knew the MRI would take a little while, so there wasn't much she could do until all the images were completed.

Wheeling her chair forward, then getting a look from one of the Techs, which Elle returned with one of her own 'command' frowns; she leaned forward with her hand on Mike's shoulder. "Hope is for the birds Mike. Right now, Mum, Rick, Paul and myself have only prayers and a miracle. But if our suspicions are right, someone is going to hell very soon...that's a promise." She wondered how Anne was doing in her own search.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 06:40:55 AM »

< Concord Repatriation Hospital, Sidney >

After two cups of coffee and what felt like an eternity, the exam was finished and the tech pointed at a large, black web-like structure originating in the frontal lobe, but spreading towards the back of the brain as well. “What the heck is that?” he gasped.
Mike couldn’t help but to slip a small grin in spite of the dire situation, That is what we were hoping to find, but we need to do one more test to verify that we’re on the right track.”
He turned his chair around to face Elle, “Look, I know you’re not very comfortable around OR’s and stuff, but I think it would be a great help to have you close by when he wakes up. I mean, he was upset, fell asleep due to drugs and is now about to wake up in a completely unfamiliar environment. And even though he might be all he’s ever been before, it can be quite scary. Sort of been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it… and trust me, a familiar face can do miracles in a situation like that. So are you game?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:10 PM »

"What?" Elle was almost falling out of the chair when she noticed the same anomaly as Mike did and while she had just Band-Aid medical experience she knew something was not right when she saw it. His question though she didn't have to think about for more than a second. "You know I am Mike, let's do this now." While she said that, her mind yet again cast back to what Anne might be up to.

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal