Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Medical Division sub level 3 alpha  (Read 5455 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Medical Division level 3
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »

<Med Bay Triage>

"Yeah Adi, he's a more n' fine noow. Grumpy Mike is hisself again." With that the two young women had a good laugh at poor Mike's expense. But they had work to be done now and so the serious faces came back...sort of. Adele still carried a rather wide grin.

Now that orders had been given, both Ruby and Adele set to work, gathering everything the Doctors needed and Adele for her part, setting up her little mobile lab on the nurses triage desk. It was more than big enough for what she needed.

{Dr Cameron Davis}

Watching Leona leave, Cam felt a little guilty. He should involve her more on this, but it was admittedly out of her field. So he shrugged it off, gathering up the containers. "I work better alone Mike, I'm sure young Adele here can be kept busy doing some preparation before I have the samples isolated for analysis."

"I'm fine with that Doctors, I have a bit to do first anyway." She replied.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »

Mike glared at Ruby, “You try being tossed around like a glove inside of an Iso unit, then tell me how happy you feel about it.”
“Adele,”
he looked down at the table where she’d started to spread out her utensils, now speaking in a tired voice. “We have a wonderfully equipped lab just around the corner, so I suggest you set your stuff up there? Because if,” Mike shook his head, “No, wait, I’ll rephrase that – When, we get another emergency around here, I’m going to need this area for triaging without being afraid I might interfere with your work, so please move your things out of the way, ok?”

The stubble was really starting to itch and Mike rubbed his face a few times as he got up from his chair, ‘God I hate being the boss around here. Can someone please relieve me of duty and just let me be a regular doc!?’ he thought before turning towards Cam.
“There’s plenty of room for both of you in the lab and I’m pretty sure Adele here knows how to stay out of your way. Now both of you – Go.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »

<Med Bay Triage>

{Dr Cameron Davis}

Only one step Cam had taken before Mike began giving the order of the day, well at least he was efficient he had to say that much about him. Maybe this might work out well, and just maybe Cam could be working with professionals after all. "That'd be good enough for me Mike. I doubt the young lady is going to cause me too much disruption if she can be quiet. Adele, I'll see you there."

<<To Med Bay Lab>>

Ruby had to admire the man, he has lost most of everything he had worked for and with in the last 6 months and that must hurt. Not to mention the shipmates he lost. "Ah'll check in on ya sometime soon Cameron." She then looked at Mike with that ever so innocent face. "This from the man who be datin 'Legs' McFearson." For her own part, she thought being tossed around and flung about like a rag doll, would be easier than facing down Elle on her bad day. "Mikey, ye be alive and chipper noow, thet's all thet matters to me now." She really did want to hug the man.

Her face remained calm, best not to upset the apple cart and Adele was a good sailor, she could follow orders well. Packing her bag again was easy to, she had only taken out a microscope, so back in it went. "If we find anything intriguing Michael, you'll be the first to know...oh and grab yourself some coffee, lots of it. I think this is going to take a while." She hitched the bag on her shoulder and followed behind Cameron. "Coming Doctor."

<<To Med Bay Lab>>

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »

“Yeah, you do that.” Mike gave them a small wave of the hand as he watched the retreating backs of Cameron and Adele and slipped a not to subtle sigh of relief, whispering, “Thank you for small graces…” over the fact that none of them had chosen to make an argument out of everything.
He gave Ruby a tired, but grateful look, “Always happy to oblige,” before looking between her and Björk.
“If you want to go and cheer Hatfield up, then please do so. I’m heading off for a shower, something to eat and if disaster still hasn’t struck by then, I’m going to lie down for a while, ok…?”
At this point even one of the gurneys in the curtained off wards was getting more and more tempting by the minutes.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »

<Med Bay Triage>

The poor man, Ruby thought to herself. She'd seen Mike go through some bad times, most of those reflective moments of his time in Afghanistan and they often amounted to moments of great sadness. She told him over and over he is not God and he can't save everyone, as much as that hurts those in the medical profession, it was simple truth. But this time around, it was an assault on Mike's very physical being, he could have died there and Ruby knew that...he needed time. "Get some rest Mike, ah'll be here if'n ye need me an fer now, ah'll be letting Bobbie rest as well." She could go check on her a little later, but for now she'd prefer to let the lambs sleep.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 05:50:56 AM »

< Triage area >

“Thanks Ruby, appreciate that.” Mike gave Ruby smile and a light hug with his unaffected right side turned towards her and Björk… Well one didn’t exactly hug a female Marine as a gesture of appreciation, not even if you were Mike, he'd been tossed around enough for today, thank you very much!, so he settled with a nod, an appreciative smile and a quiet, “Thank you.”

He picked up his back pack under the desk where he’d left if hours ago, gave the two a final look, “Until next time ladies,” and then left the infirmary, back pack over his right shoulder, carefully squeezing the ice pack tight between his left arm and chest, stabilizing it all with his right arm as well.

>> To Ships Café >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »

<Med Bay Triage>

"Ye'll be fine Mikey." Ruby assured him as he walked away making sure he heard her at least. Well he would, it was the way of things around here. You go down and then you come back up again, not a lot of control over it. "Skye lass, thar be not much we can do to help the Doc's at the moment, ah thenk between yeself and me, we go get young Bobbie up and moving, not a lot she can do sulkin in bed."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »

NPC {Iora Bjork}

Med Bay Triage

Iora nodded and followed Ruby into the other room. There wasn't she could say, but she had been helping around the lab for a bit. She hoped Mike would be okay and not push himself too much. It worried her a bit when Mike tries too hard sometimes. Not all men are superman.

After exiting through the doorway into the other room, Iora noticed a female soldier still in the medical bed.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »

<Triage>

"She be up in intensive care Skye. Not thet she be needin too much o' that though. More rest then anything else." Ruby told her companion as she led the way up the long passage way of the ships medical division. The two of them turned the last corner, arriving at the small room Bobbie had been placed in. Ruby took a quick peek before she entered, she saw that Bobbie was sitting up reading. That was a good sign.

"How ya doing Lootenant?" She said quietly, not wanting to alarm the young woman.

<ICU>

Bobbie was slumped in a way, reading a comic one of the orderlies had given her, she placed it on her lap, her thumb in between the pages. It must have been good, the cover said 'X-Men Classics'. Her eyes were bright, you could see immediately she was recovering well, her voice told you that much as well. "Captain....um." She paused, then looked hard at the woman behind Ruby.

"Forster, Ruby Forster and this here be, Skye Bjork." Despite Rubies often hard to understand Highland English, she pronounced Skye's name perfectly.

"So, is this official, or just a social call?" Bobbie asked.

"A wee bit O' both lass."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »

NPC {Iora Bjork}

ICU

Skye noticed "Bobbie" was reading X-Men. It was one of her favorite reading it. Some of them had versions in her European country and it was in English, but she had English as her second language. She grew up reading Rogue. It was her favorite character.

Iora took her place on the side of the bed and decided to strike up a social call through her accented tone, "So, Lieutenant, you like X-men?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »

<Triage>

"Well in that case I'm doing fine Captain, apart from the fact I need to get out of this damned bed and be doing something. Oh, Skye is it? You can call me Bobbie or Flight. Never Lieutenant, that is kind of a demotion to me and I'm very particular on that. I thought you would have known that Captain Forster." Bobbie could be rather brusque at times, she didn't mean to offend, she simply liked to have things in order.

Ruby raised a red eyebrow at the reply, she wasn't aware of the Royal Air Force, or the Australian version of it at least and the formalities. "Nae lass ah didna know. My time in the old UK was cut short as a lass when we moved to the US. So, ye be wantin te' get out O bed do ye?"

She didn't have to think about it for a second. "If it can be arranged Captain. By the way Skye, no, it was either this.." She held up the comic. "...or Gideon's Bible. I would have preferred Tolstoy."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

lethal-pageant