Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: UNS Saggitta- Officers Wardroom and Commander's State Room- level 2  (Read 1656 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I understand that Sir. I wasn't aware that we were going to delay too long though. I was under the initial impression these supplies for General Chalmers were urgent?" Maria did appear to have a little confusion written on her expression. Selinde held up her hand, which to Maria was a little rude. She was after all a guest. But she would hear what she would say nonetheless.

Selinde was listening intently to the entire conversation; a smile crossed her fine lips when Baelor was mentioned. First things first though, she nodded slightly at the Stewards when the dessert was placed before her and wrinkled her nose in delight at the fragrance coming from it. "Be at peace Colonel. Perhaps when Baelor is with us, I can speak with him and maybe, just maybe we can upgrade your primary power module. That will give you another thirty percent light speed which would more than make up for any delay." She at least looked sincere, but what was the catch? Maria had a distrust of almost all aliens, even if they were allies.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:01:15 AM by RogueRanger »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord is looked down upon.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
Re: UNS Saggitta- Officers Wardroom and Commander State Room- level 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:51:54 PM »

"Thank you Fregattenkapitän," Baelor said to Wettin with a bow,glad that Eldari and Tau'ri data exchanged hadd included the other various languages on Earth, or else he might have worried about messing that up.  He fell in behind Wettin, examining the Saggitta with his trained eye as they went to the Officers Wardroom

When Wettin had announced his presence, Baelor stepped through the door. "Commander, Colonel, Admiral," he said to Seline, Maria, and Caldwell in turn, giving each a respectful bow before taking a seat at the table. "I am glad to see that the situation with Ares was resolved without unnecessary loss of life, though I regret not being on the scene earlier. It might have prevented some needless escalation on our part," he said matter of factly. "Sadly, I was delayed in a meeting with the El Aenir."

He looked from Selinde to Caldwell. "Now, if no one minds, I would appreciate some summation of what occurred before my arrival."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:55:13 AM by Flamelord »
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 12:25:04 AM »

(Linde isn't a corporal, her rank is the equivalent of a lieutenant commander.)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:51:55 AM »

"Great another alien!" Maria said to herself and crossed her arms. She was angry about something, but what it that was, could be anyone's guess. Suffice to say that on two tours, both on the Daedalus, she had lost friends to Goa'uld, Wraith and the Ori, her distrust of any outsiders was obvious and for her to be sitting there entertaining yet more of them was somewhat galling to her.

The other Eldari, Selninde could feel Maria's emotions and you didn't really have to be one of her kind to see that; it was blatantly obvious in the woman's emotions. She would let it go, for the moment and looked at Baelor. "To sum it up dear one, he came, he saw, but he did not conquer and then left as he arrived. All show. I am not yet privy to what took place between he and the SGC though. I believe Stephen here will more than likely be de-briefed rather soon."

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

Steven's eyebrows raised slightly as he heard Maria's tone. I'm going to have a talk with her in private sometime soon. Earth needs allies and we can't afford to alienate them. He arose and extended a hand in greeting to Baelor. Linde saluted him and headed back to the bridge. "Welcome Baelor. May I offer you the hospitality of Saggitta? At least you can enjoy this wonderful dessert." The cooks had outdone themselves. Appie pie with cinnamon topped with ice cream, and that was topped by whipped cream with a cherry on top. It looked and smelled delicious. "Chief, I'm going to have to spend a lot of extra time in the gym because of this."

"Selinde, as soon as we are able I would love to invite you to visit my boyhood home. I grew up in the Colorado Rockies about a hundred miles north and west from Colorado Springs, and the view is spectacular. Excellent fishing, and lots of wildlife to watch if you are careful. It's still in the family, although none of us gets to spend as much time there as we would like. It was a small cabin to start, but we've added to it and modernized it over the years. My sisters and I at least made sure that our parents had a comfortable retirement before they passed on. We have a married couple as caretakers now and we host a writer's retreat there once a year in the summers."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: UNS Saggitta- Officers Wardroom and Commander's State Room- level 2
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 01:04:23 AM »

"Admiral Baelor, its nice to see you again." Maria said with as much dignity and decorum she could muster and she felt uncomfortable as well. Despite what Stephen told her, she felt they were delaying unnecessarily. She also thought that Flynn and Mesa should be here as well, at the very least. "Pardon me General, would you mind if I got Flynn Hart our science officer and the CAG up here, I'm sure they would be thrilled to meet our guests, being new crew and all."

Selinde now only had eyes for Baelor, she wrinkled her nose in that cute way of hers at him, then looked at her hosts both in turn. "It would be my pleasure to visit your homeland Stephen, such is the frozen world we now live, we rarely see anything else other than when we travel." She took Baelor again in her gaze. "I told Maria here that we could modify their power core, there wouldn't be any ethical problems with that would there? Colonel I think yes your Science officer should be here." Selinde of course would wait for the Commanders approval, it wasn't her ship after all.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »

Baelor tactfully ignored Maria's comment, figuring it best since he was sure the Admiral would wish to handle his own personnel, and holding it against the Tau'ri, who were still relatively new to the galactic scene, wouldn't be in good taste. He continued to listen as Selinde and Caldwell finished up a conversation they had had going before his arrival. Baelor carefully cut off a piece of pie and sampled the dish, finding it quite nice, definitely compared to military rations. Some things stayed the same across civilizations.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, Colonel Aguayo," he replied, before turning his attention to selinde's statement about her offering to have the Eldari upgrade the Tau'ri's power core. It was a request that bore careful consideration, and he stayed motionless as he thought through it.

Finally, he responded. "Well, I do not believe there is much we could do to alter the power core of the Saggitta. It is, after all, an Ancient vessel, and their technology is still beyond ours, though we draw nearer as time passes. But I digress."

The corner of his mouth rose in a subtle smile. "We may be able to do more for the Dreadnought, though I doubt Arcantus will appreciate being told to alter a power core without a proper space dock, or in a limited timeframe. There are no ethical problems, but I don't think we'll be able to bring you up to Eldari standard with your current power generation equipment. My apologies if this is an issue.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »

"Don't apologize, Admiral," Steven said. "That will have to be sometime in the future, then. I have tasks that I need to fulfill." They finished their food and the messmates cleared the table. Steven raised to wineglass. "To the continued friendship of our two races." They clinked their glasses together and drank. His minicamp beeped. Looking at the text message on the small screen, he saw that the new personnel had arrived early. He raised the device to his mouth. "I'll beam down shortly to pick up the new people. Please have them ready for embarkation." He rose from his seat. "I have very much enjoyed this visit, but I'm afraid that fleet business calls.." He watched as the two El'dari made a gate and left.

<<Caldwell to Saggitta bridge>>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:37:48 PM by Robert Laurel »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »

That was unusual, from Maria's point of view at least; maybe she had misjudged them, or given over to a little too much paranoia on her part. The offer of engineering assistance was welcomed and as much as the ship had been made more human friendly, there were still a few small grey areas that needed addressing; pulling more power from the engines was one of them. Right now as it stood, the ship was only marginally faster than the 304's in hyper space and nowhere near as quick as the Dread. If they could bring the Saggitta up to that standard Maria would be happy; another day though. She stood and went around the table and made a point to be just a little more courteous this time after joining Stephen in the toast.

"We'd be in your debt for any assistance you can give us with the Saggitta, but as the general has pointed out, we are on a schedule and I imagine you and your ships have business at hand as well; I doubt we'll see the last of Ares and his kind." She told them both. "I must leave you both now, thank you again for coming and I look forward to seeing you again."

"Think nothing of it Colonel, we are here to help your people, not hinder them. Please don't judge us by the actions of our brethren, now indeed the inactions of others who may have been able to assist you." That last statement could have meant anyone, but yet it did take in a few advanced races who left the Tauri cold, when they could have done more. "We'll leave you now and I must say I've enjoyed your hospitality; it is a sign for us that we have friends here Colonel, good luck in your adventures...and no, I doubt that myself"

"Thank you Selinde and Admiral Baelor." Maria nodded slightly and left them, knowing they had that amazing ability of coming and going wherever they would and wondered if her own species might one day advance that far.

<<Maria to Bridge>>

"Baelor." Selinde took his arm. "Will you accompany me to the Telperion before you leave?" She opened a gateway directly to her bridge.

<<Selinde to Telperion>>

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »

Baelor nodded in agreement. "Indeed. Duty always calls." He raised his glass to the toast as well, carefully sipping his drink with the rest of them. He watched impassively as Selinde and the Colonel had an exchange of words, Maria making some effort to make up for her attitude earlier, which Baelor could appreciate. But soon enough, it was time to depart. they all had things to do, and sadly not enough time for all they might wish. Though he knew Arcantus had some thoughts in that regard.

"Goodbye colonel. Until we meet again,"
he said to Maria, before she left, then turned to Selinde. "Of course. We have much to discuss, it seems." Arms together, they stepped through the open gate directly to the bridge of the Telperion

<<Baelor to Teplerion>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook

lethal-pageant