Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Recognising other players factions, abilities and play strengths.  (Read 1178 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 251
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

It had been brought to my attention that too many of us, including your truly have been over looking the strengths and possible playing plot points of other players factions and characters. Recently we had an Earth/Ares interaction and on several points he was at best made to look like just another goa'uld and who doesn't pose any real threat and at worst; his character and legion simply ignored. This has got to stop. We keep doing that we will lose valuable players and assets to our community.

We all as players and friends need to recognise each others playing ability, our characters strong points, personalities and weaknesses. We need to ensure that we engage with one another on a decent and respectful playing field and not brush off events as simply a non event to be placed in the waste basket, 'I'll deal with it later' category.

To this aim I am linking Ares history background for you all to read. Further to this, in many thread arcs we need to remember that not everyone can post at the same pace as you might be able to and we do not want to see stories thrown out of kilter because people are posting simply for the sake of it. Think about your posts, think about who has to answer a post and if you have to, wait.

This has occurred with Chance Encounters and with the storyline with Ares characters. So please, from this point on, consider other players, take note of what they are doing; read their posts and storylines and if you are unsure how to proceed with another player, PM before you post please.

Link to Ares history

http://lostworlds.megabytetechsolutions.org/index.php?topic=33.msg903#msg903
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Holly Amber Rose

Re: Recognising other players factions, abilities and play strengths.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:09 PM »

I hope to show my strengths sis and not let you or anyone else down

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »

I know you will Holly. The most important thing and yes I know some will pick me up, sorry tree people, is to read other peoples posts carefully, weighing up what they have written. If ever in doubt, ask the person who has posted and get their help :)
Far Dareis Mai

Holly Amber Rose

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:26:05 AM »

Yes that is what I shall do, I am just an eager beaver lol

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »

I'll say :lol: At least your keeness is showing through, just don't get newbie burn out....believe me it does happend :)
Far Dareis Mai

Holly Amber Rose

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:46:53 AM »

Newbie burn out?  :lol:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:03:03 AM »

yep, we've had those, keen as mustard for about six months, 10-15 posts a day, then nothing, zippo, zilch, nada :fp
Far Dareis Mai

Jim Morrison

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »

As an author and writer I have suffered writers block for about 3 months but being here is helping 

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 04:14:41 AM »

Opening discussion

We should continue to discuss our factions strong points I guess.
And yeh tolerate each other and stuff.. yeh.. anyway.

Sobek has well trained bad arse crocodile guards just saying.
Also Sobek having been around a long time is pretty good when it comes to Goa'uld technology, strategies and tactics. Obviously Goa'uld ways of fighting aren't always the best but I would point out that they ain't always as bad as some people make them out to be.
Jaffa that are well trained are certainly not going to go down as easy as the Horus guards under command of Amaunet.

Staff weapons

Staff weapons are clearly not the best weapons but they are not designed to be used as the best weapons after all they are good for two things beating up on natives and killing other Jaffa. However it is worth noting in the movie it was shown just how good the staff weapon could be I believe teal'c and Bratac also are capable of showing how good and useful the staff can be. The staff weapon has on a number of occasions been shown to have alternate fire modes it is my belief that most Jaffa are simply unaware of how to make use of it but I make sure when necessary crocodile guards can and will make use of it.

Jaffa armour

Jaffa armour starts off fairly strong both in the movie and beginning of the show.. it loses its strength pretty quickly but while it is slow again against most natives it is fine. I believe that Earth got lucky here the Goa'uld were unprepared for bullets after all pretty much no other species in the galaxy uses them. Now maybe if not for the Kull Anubis might have worked on better armour but it is worth noting that just like the staff weapons the ori warriors were not given bullet proof armour their forces were weaker then what the Goa'uld could create. The kull armour was sadly not really mentioned in seasons 9 or 10 nor is it said Anubis used materials unknown to the Goa'uld to create the armour.

Basically what I am saying here is the Goa'uld keep their Jaffa armour weak by choice which considering how many races achieve huge tech break through by finding leftovers makes the Goa'uld look quite mindful and considerate of the repercussions they have on the galaxy compared to the ancients and possibly even earth.

Hataks

People like to joke about the Hataks but keep in mind this ship was not meant to be used for more then keeping guard over planets and fighting other Hataks. The only real threat they ever faced was the Asgard who had a very small population the amount of hataks in the galaxy were a massive monumental amount no threats could penetrate the shield wall that was the Goa'uld fleet.

Anubis' upgrades made the Hatak's pretty much equal to a beliskner which is a huge tech leap as far as I am concerned. Anubis then captured Thor and in no time flat Anubis is building flagships and later with Ba'al we see the Goa'uld tech is already being upgraded with beaming at this point the amount of O'Neill class warships owned by the Asgard would have been nothing to the Goa'uld it is my belief the sheer number of vessels combined with Yu's strategies and tactics were all that slowed down Anubis's advance.

Death gliders

Again people call the death glider useless. This vessel in my opinion has been misused it's staff cannons are capable of a lot more then what they were shown on screen. Just like the smaller Jaffa variant this should be able to charge its staff weapons to have the same effect as launching missiles. I believe this is also due to a lack of training that I have fixed with Sobek's pilots. The death gliders anti gravity propulsion should and would be far superior to anything the f302's have. The main problem is their missiles which death gliders seem to be vulnerable too again better pilots would largely fix this issue.

To sum it up I wanted to point out some of Sobek's Basic military advantages and why I chose them. Also why I believe people might want to think a bit more when they bash the technology of the gods. You might just find Sobek has some tricks up his sleeves.

lethal-pageant