Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area  (Read 9557 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »

((OOC waiting on others atm ))
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »

Petty Officer Claudia Monroe (NPC)

"Please'd to meet you, Josile," Claudia said hesitating a moment before extending her hand. She didn't know if these people shook hands or not, but it was the right gesture as far as she was concerned. "The horses are beautiful."
~*~Jenn~*~

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »

A firm grip held Claudia's hand, one that had been used to hard work and years of being at the front of the Cavaleiros's battles. Since she was not more than fourteen summers, Josile had been both riding and using her bow to good effect in her peoples contests with the Borg and Goa'uld. Only once in their histories had they been defeated and that was by treachery many generations ago. "It is indeed my pleasure to meet with you as well. These are essentially wild but willing horses, they will do as they are bidden, they work with us and defend our lands as their own, but we do not own them. I ask you all to treat them as you would a brother or sister and they will repay you in kind." She turned her head, looking at the low sun. "Jordan, on whom do we wait?"

"Mesa, your commander General Caldwell and his tactical officer, the tall blonde; they are coming as well I believe?"

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »

Mesa watched the horses with awe.  She had always loved the animals and treating them as a person wouldn't be hard.  She couldn't imagine ever thinking about hurting an animal.  Especially something as majestic as the horse.  She turned to Jordan.  "Yes, they are.  They should be here momentarily," she said, looking around for the two in question.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

*from SGCControl Room

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Alpha site search team, please hold. General Caldwell and Lieutenant Commander Wettin are on their way."

The gate opened as expected. Satish relayed the message immediately, allowing Jordan to reply via the uplink.

"About damned time. Right everyone, we'll be moving out in a few. I will say this only once, don't get complacent." Jordan opened up her radio and replied. "General Caldwell, we are waiting just in front of your ship. Light weapons and gear only please sir, we do not have pack horses." That was all she could say.
Far Dareis Mai

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • GateGirl A new starter.
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2013, 05:24:45 PM »

Petty Officer Claudia Monroe (NPC)

"I would never think to harm such a beautiful creature," Claudia said waling towards the horses and slowly extending a hand to pet the face of one. She was surprised when it nudged her hand and she smiled as it allowed her to pet it. "Very beautiful indeed. I haven't ridden since I joined up. I hope I'll be ok. "
~*~Jenn~*~

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

<<from Alpha Site Gate Room>>

Steven and Linde came speeding up in a Humvee and jumped out, walking toward the gathered rescuers. Steven paused. "What beautiful horses!" he exclaimed. He nodded to Josile. "My compliments on such fine animals. Everybody got their gear?" He loaded his own pack and bedroll. They were light so they didn't add much to the load the horses would carry. He mounted, a broad grin on his face. "I grew up on a farm where we raised horses in Colorado. This is like old times to me."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »

Mesa turned when Steven and Linde finally showed up.  She smiled a bit.  Good, they could get moving.  She turned to one of the horses and clucked softly, holding out her hand. "I used to ride all the time.  This will be a nice change," she said as the horse stepped closer.  She ran her hand gently down the dark bay's neck, under its silky long, black mane. "Hey sweetie," she crooned.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »

NPC

"Oh my goodness!" Bella said the moment the horses appeared. She had already gone back to the ship twice now, only this time she came back a little more prepared. When Steven spoke up as she returned, Bella held her small pack and rifle aloft for him to see, hopefully Mesa would as well, she did want to make a good impression after all. Looking around at the animals, there was one individual, a dark chestnut mare that took her eye, she walked towards it and the young woman holding the bridle and reins, sitting upon an equally wonderful looking horse let the reins drop at Bella's feet. She bent to pick them up and as she did so, the horse snorted softly in approval. "Hello there." She said softly and looked at the woman. "Does she have a name?"

"Estreal." The other said simply. "It means sunset in the old tongue."

"It suits perfectly." Bella replied, then walked to the side of the horse, ran her hand around the girth strap and smiled. She was marvelous. "I ride so so, not great but I will keep up." She said placing one boot in a wide unfamiliar stirrup and mounting with ease.

Both Jordan and Josile watched as Bella found her horse, or perhaps it was the other way around. Certainly the young woman gave a lie to her 'so so' remark as Josile could see by her familiarity around the animal, she had more than enough experience. "Thank you General Caldwell, you missed my remark earlier. We do not own these horses, they are free spirits who chose to work with us." As has been for thousands of years. "The horse you chose, for the duration of your company, will bond to you as a friend. I ask all of you to consider that in kind."

There was nothing else to do now. Jordan herself had found the mount she had ridden before on her 'lessons' a fine bay gelding, not to tall or wide across the back; just right for her abilities. In quick time she was mounted and pulled up alongside Josile.

"Twelve of us will ride west and find the trail. The bulk of Josile's people will take the North East road. Hopefully by the time we have found Flynn, a confrontation won't be necessary." She began. "But if we should come against any numbers of Borg, I can only say this once, they are fast and almost as fast as the horses. They will try to jump on the back of your animal, keep that in mind. The lance by your side in most circumstances is your close range friend, you'll be shown how to use it as we travel." Jordan looked at Steven. "Anything to add sir?"
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »

"No. Nothing to add," Steven said. He loosened his pistol in its holster and saw Linde do the same. "I will take care of your companion."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »

Mesa listened to the final instructions before swinging up into the saddle.  She ran her hand along the horse's muscled neck, feeling right at home.  she had loved horses since she was little and she also knew that Flynn would love this sight.  Hopefully her friend would get a chance to see these magnificent creatures.  She nodded as she listened.  "I'll do my best to help protect you," she whispered to her mount.  The mare seemed to understand as her ears twitched.  "You watch my back and I'll watch yours," she smiled.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »

With nothing more to be said, Josile lifted herself from her saddle, standing tall and yelled aloud, her voice echoing across the bowl of the landing area. "Cavaleiro! Nós lutamos por nossas terras e nosso povo. Montar!" She wheeled her mount around and led the troop to the hill behind.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Jordan's slim grasp of the local tongue, knew enough to know this was it, no more talking, no more planning. The seed had been sown. With a 'hiyaah' to her horse she almost spun in a complete circle before gaining control, her face going red with embarrassment. "I'm a sloppy rider!" She shrugged, but then she capably took off after Josile.

<<To beach area>>
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »

Steven and Linde nudged their steeds. They needed no further encouragement, just the site of their herdmates spurred them on. Steven felt exhilarated. It's been far too many years since I've had a chance to do this. I should get home a lot more often.

Linde felt a wide smile forming on her face. Her family had insisted that she learn how to ride. Practical riding, not riding for show and competition. There were still places, even in the long-settled lands of Europe, where there was country that had yet to be tamed. More than once her and her siblings had accompanied her father to put down a boar or a bear that had turned to ravaging crops and killing farm animals, or harvest a deer population that had grown too large for the local habitat. Her more effete acquaintances had sneered and called her a barbarian. To Linde, it was just one of the things you had to do. You had a responsibility to the land and you had a responsibility to the people who lived on it.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:02 AM »

Mesa gave Jordan a smile as the other woman had to rein her horse around in a circle. "You're doing fine," she assured the other woman.  Every horse was different, just like every rider was.  She patted her own mount's shoulder and turned her to follow the others.  She wasn't looking forward to a confrontation at all, but she wanted to get Flynn back.  Who knew what her friend was going through at the moment.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2013, 09:45:39 PM »

<<Lieutenant Genevieve Larson, RCN>> (NPC)

Genevieve swung out of her bunk, dressed quickly and headed for the bridge. Sliding into the command chair, she hit the general quarters alarm. "Prepare to lift ship in ten minutes." Flipping another switch on her chair arm, she activated the outside speakers. "You have ten minutes to clear the area. All of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, back on board now." Flipping another switch. "Larson here. Pilots, man your craft. Crew chiefs, configure for air-to-ground operations. We will launch as soon as we get one thousand meters in altitude. You will receive a full mission briefing then." She brought up a map of the planet and traced a line. "We'll take her here, just out of sight of the Borg camp. Nap-of-the-earth and full stealth." She watched as the clock counted down. "Lift ship."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7