Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Davidson Residence, Colorado Springs, Colorado  (Read 3566 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Davidson Residence, Colorado Springs, Colorado
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »

As soon as Mike rang off, Anne hurried to join Sarah and Sophie. Although she wasn't going to be staying after all, yet perhaps the company of Kim's daughter might be enough to relieve Sarah's boredom. She hoped so, there wasn't much she could do about it.

"Sarah lass, something has come up, something important and I don't have time to explain. You will hear about it soon enough I'll make sure of it. Can you take care of Sophie for a little while at least?"

@sorra

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 04:16:12 AM »

Sarah laughed.  Sophie was certainly helping brighten her day.  "And cookies.  Everyone loves cookies.  Actually I think I have some of those around too," she said as she pulled the kettle off the stove.  The girl certainly was perceptive.  She considered Sophie's words.  "You know.  That sounds like a perfect idea.  I'll speak with Anne and We'll figure out a day."

Just as her words were out Anne appeared in the doorway.  Sarah carefully masked her disappointment.  If Anne had to go there was a good reason for it.  At least she would have Sophie.  "Of course," she answered.  "Does this have anything to do with needing to get in touch with Sabrina as well?" That had been what had started this visit to begin with.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 03:04:57 PM »

Shoulder her oversized bag, Anne gave Sarah and Sophie a quick cuddle for each. "Can't be helped and yes it does. I haven't forgotten." She pressed her tummy, it was in several knots right now. "Call her, ask if it is all possible she can come here, I don't trust the phone right now." It'd have to be good of course to get Sabrina out of hiding. "Tell her, we have a lead on that rogue planet NASA has been tracking. She'll catch on." Backing out, she gave Sophie a single order. "You behave Sophie. I'll call you Sarah as soon as its safe to do so." Anne turned, left them with a dozen prayers going through her mind. The sound of the car leaving was heard a minute after that.

<<To SGC>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »

One moment bouncing like a year old puppy, the next moment biting her lip after Anne revealed she had to leave. She was the Grandma she wished she had, though of course she still had one who she loved, the other couldn't care less about her and Anne filled that void. All thoughts of cookies and hot chocolate vanished for the moment. "Bye." She said sadly as the older woman left. She wanted to cry, Sophie knew that was fruitless as it would just make things worse. Like all kids, the stomach came first and eventually ten seconds later she was beaming again.

"Yay! That would be awesome! Mom has always taught me and I know it works, when you're blue, go for a ride." The kid was incredibly perceptive, she knew from the start Sarah wasn't the happiest camper around and she meant to fix that. "Aunt Sarah you still got that Scrabble board?" Hot chocolate, cookies, marsh mellows and Scrabble, what a wonderful mix especially if the weather lady on Anne's radio was right. Rain and more rain for the next 3 days.

@sorra

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 04:16:03 AM »

Sarah watched Anne leave and then saw how disappointed Sophie was.  She was right there with the little girl.  She knew she couldn't show it though and then Sophie seemed to bounce right back and Sarah had to laugh.  Sophie was certainly a bright spot in her day.

She nodded. "Of course I do.  It's in the cupboard on the coffee table," she answered.  She hadn't played Scrabble in a long time.  One game then she would call Sabrina. Something was certainly off here.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2020, 01:09:47 PM »

Acting more like a 5 year old on steroids, practically bouncing up a down, Sophie rushed into the living room, coming back no less than a minute later with the box. She set that on the kitchen table, there was time. "Chocolate, marsh mellows and cookies first. Can I help? I mean like I help Mommy in the kitchen all the time. I even baked a cake!"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:46 AM »

Sarah laughed as she watched Sophie.  The little girl certainly had a lot of energy.  It was nice to have her around.  A smile was on her face as Sophie returned quicker then a Tasmanian devil.  "Of course you can.  Let's see what we can get into in the kitchen. "

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »

This was just like being with Mom, and Sophie was more than aware of the similarities between the two, both blonde, both extraordinarily beautiful and both incredibly smart. She knew that simply because for as long as she could recall in her very short eight years she had more or less been a fixture around the SGC. There was no need for a disclosure statement signed by her, Sophie knew probably more than a lot of adults how secret and important the Stargate Program was, Kim had made sure of that from the moment Sophie could understand.

"Boy oh boy!" She said rubbing her hands together, darting for the kitchen cupboards. The first things she found we two very sweet aprons. One adorned with flowers on a green background and the other of course, horses. Sophie wasn't going to favor herself here, she gave the horse apron to Sarah and kept the flowers for herself, tying it on neatly, even if it was somewhat too long for her. "Ya know Aunt Sarah, I think we should forget about the marsh mellows and the cookies..." She was peering in another cupboard. "....we got enough to make fudge brownies!" Her face was a beacon of light and hopefully Sarah would go along with it.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2020, 03:01:29 AM »

Having Sophie around was definitely helping cheer Sarah up.  She was grateful that Anne had left the little girl with her.  With Sean being gone for what felt like years she found herself getting lonely.  Not that Sarah begrudged her husband his new position.  She had just hoped to share this pregnancy with him, not shoulder it herself.

She followed Sophie into the kitchen , trying not to giggle as Sophie dug into the cupboards.   She had completely forgotten about those aprons.  Sarah's eyes lit up as Sophie dug out more things.  "Ooh, fudge brownies sound perfect."  Sarah found herself craving chocolate quite a bit lately.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 02:30:12 PM »

"They will be."The girl was in her element. If it wasn't horses it was either in the following order, Soccer, her little veggie patch or cooking, especially baking. She was happier than she had been since before she broke her arm, that experience put her down a few notches until she became accustomed to it. Rummaging further she dragged out the mixing bowls, utensils and the ingredients, after of course neatly tying on her and Sarah's aprons. "Yay! Look what I've found." She did though unwrap the small surprise and sniff at it, it was good. "Crystalised ginger, we're going to have some zing aren't we?" There was a small problem, being her age Kim didn't allow her daughter too near the sharpest of knives and even though she could manage most things with the cast still on her arm, slicing and dicing was out of the question. "Aunt Sarah?" She pushed the packet of ginger over, a cutting board and small knife. "Could you cut this up into small, real small bits and I'll start mixing the batter!" This was way better than school anyway.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 11:35:24 AM »

Sarah had forgotten what a little baker Sophie was.  And this was certainly better then being in a big house by herself and getting depressed.  She laughed though as Sophie came up with even more stuff.  She didn't even remember buying half of it.  "Wow, didn't know all that was down there," she admitted.  A s ime touched her lips though as Sophie pushed the cutting board over.  "Now that I can handle.  You just let me know if you need anything else.  I think you know my kitchen better then I do."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »

The kid grinned broadly. "Well I do poke around some don't I?" The giggle was obvious. "Remember Christmas Eve? While you, Mommy, Uncle Sean and the other's were busy telling old stories, I busied myself and made some cookies. I guess you musta ate em, cos I left them under the tree.....and....if I don't ever get to be a Doctor, I wanna be a Iron Chef!"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »

Sarah laughed.  Sophie did poke around, but she seemed to know when was too far.  She raised a brow.  "I remember those cookies.   They were quite tasty."  Sarah tried not to let the hurt show that she was feeling over bit having Sean beside her.  The loneliness was almost too much sometimes.  She quickly pasted on a smile though.   "I bet you'll make a great doctor, just like your mother.  But being a chef is great too and I know you'd be good at that."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2020, 06:32:58 AM »

"Well my allowance was all runned out." She laughed. "I had to leave you some kind of Chrissy present didn't I?" She watched eagerly as Sarah finely chopped the ginger, while Sophie herself began mixing the batter. Generous scoops of cocoa powder went into her recipe and a good dollop of butter. Like one of her cousins often said, butter makes everything taste better. Soon they were ready to fill the two baking dishes she had lined with oven-proof paper. "You know Aunt Sarah, if by some weird fate I don't get to do either of those jobs, flying would be so cool. You flew fighter jets mostly in the Marines didn't you?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:42 AM »

What a thoughtful girl.  Sarah nodded.  "Well, Uncle Sean and I appreciated them much.  They were very tasty."  Sarah let Sophie take the lead, helping when the little girl needed it.  Not that she needed much.  "I did.  Flying is a very freeing experience that I love." She helped fill the pans before putting them into the oven.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal