Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Command Centre-Level 15  (Read 3233 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Command Centre-Level 15
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »

Mesa was not taking Flynn's disappearance very well.  She wanted her friend back and safe with them.  She also knew this was only Flynn's first assignment and she had a bad feeling that Flynn was not at all prepared to handle something this.  She closed her eyes and tightened her fists.

"I want to go with the search party that goes after Flynn," she said to Jordan who was closest to her.  She didn't care what she had to do to get there, but she was not being left behind when others went searching for the younger woman.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:48:13 PM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »

By the time Jordan arrived, she found she still wasn't the last one. She and one other of the Saggitta crew had seen to the wounded, Maria was in theatre now, having her arm properly set, it had been broken through the left humerus, just below the shoulder, her clavicle was fractured as well, she had a small skull fracture at the back of her head. Jordan left once she was taken in, Maria was still unconscious at the time. On her way, she placed the call to Josile; Lucille could never quite pronounce her name correctly, so many times she had said it for her 'JO-SEEL', but well, that was her boss. The tall leader of the Cavaleiros was in fact on the base and said she would meet her there and true to her word, she came in right after Jordan.

She wasn't sure how much she missed, but Jordan did hear the commander ask the inevitable question. "Yes General, she's here now." Without looking around, Jordan went straight to Mesa, in a very short while, she had found someone who she resonated with, that was most unusual for the SEAL commander, she didn't make friends easily. "We 'will' find her Mesa. This is Josile, the 'Rainha' of her people. Loosely translated it means queen, but she is more of a ...."

Josile walked with her long strides to Jordan and Mesa, she kissed them both on the forehead as was the custom of her people. "A simple village leader Jordan, nothing more. You would be Mesa? Jordan told me, I am sorry for your loss. But if your friend is alive and I know she will be; the Borg do not take captives simply to kill them, they do so for a reason. We will find her, but not with your sky ships; do you ride?" She asked, contrary to her words, she had all the regal bearing of a queen, if dressed in riding leathers and carrying a full quiver of yard shafts on her back. Her long bow she left by the door.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »

((OOC I need to wait for Robert, sorry for the delay girls))

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

"I've already instructed Commander Wettin to make sure the ship is secured for rough weather," Steven said. "Josile, I will be very grateful for any help you can give. Our devices are just about useless in this sort of weather. Not many of us can ride, but we have a few. I grew up in knowing how to ride, and my Second Officer is also a good rider." He turned to Lucille. "Linde led several boarding actions against pirate ships off Somalia and during the war. There aren't enough troops to hold what you need to hold." He carefully studied the map showing the areas the Borg controlled.  "I'm going to recommend to Admiral Davidson that he ask for a regiment of US Marines as well as any troops from the French and British that have jungle training. We'll need those to go after the Borg in their home ground. They are used to operating on foot. Their home terrain seems pretty mountainous, so we need troops that can operate in rough terrain." He looked at his Marine CO. "Chasseurs alpins? Alpini?" Harrington offered. Steven nodded. "That and a brigade from the 10th Light Division." Steven shook his head and sighed. "Sooner or later we are going to have to disclose everything, just to get the support we need, if nothing else."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:31:15 AM by Robert Laurel »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:47 AM »

Those were big numbers, Steven was talking about bringing in an army to trek almost 200 miles northwards through the most difficult terrain imaginable. Some few had been up there, Jordan and a small mixed team of SEALS, SAS and Rangers. It took them almost a week to track down one very small band and in that they went Eastwards first to clear the high passes. On horseback that would be more likely, but going that way you could just as easily use the ships to drop your people off thirty or forty miles east of the main Borg camp. That is if they were the ones responsible. She studied the map in detail and then after a few moments she spoke up. "If I may please Generals. We need to find out first which band did this. One of those we killed was a plainsman, the other from the Hill tribes. It may well be they have united under one banner. If that is the case, no matter who it is, essentially all roads to them are north." She shoved her hands in her waist band. "Josile, your scouts, they could pin down which tribe couldn't they?"

"Give me six hours, and I can report back here for certain, or use one of your radio devices to tell you exactly who and where they are going. It would save you a lot of wasted searching." She replied to Jordan, then Steven. "General, you have free use of whatever resources I can give you. I have over a 1,000 woodsmen at hand. I will place them under your command. Each and every one of them, fought gallantly against the Hozgura; they are veterans of battle."

That was at least something. Jordan waited for a response.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:19:31 AM by RogueRanger »

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »

(I tend to favor big hammers. When you present me with a military problem, I tend towards a military solution.)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »

Lucille pursed her lips, she knew well Steven's penchant for doing things in a big way; but there was simply no way his plans could come to fruition given the time and the constraints of getting both people and equipment through the Stargate. Simply put, it was near to impossible; over time yes, if the Governments of those nations were willing, but not in the short term and not for this situation. "We will have to deal with it with what we have Robert. I will though put in the recommendations for bolstering our defences here and in that I'll need to speak with Sean personally, I'll need to go and see him." That meant she would have to return to the SGC, even if it were for only thirty minutes or so. "In the meantime, there is little we can do while this storm lasts, and that in itself will also slow our quarry down as well. Josile, what are the possibilities of these Borg uniting under one banner? Have they ever done that before?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »

Mesa was nearly going insane with the waiting and planning.  Yes, she knew they couldn't go in blindly, but she really wanted to just swoop in there, grab her friend, and run.  She just hoped that Flynn was holding up alright.  It wasn't like she was a trained soldier or anything.  "I can ride," she said by way of answer to Josile. "Just tell me where to go and what to do.  I want to find Flynn as soon as possible."  She was not about to leave her friend in the hands of those monsters.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

Steven looked at Lucille. "I'll give up my yearnings for a nice big hammer. For now," he added. "Josile, my thanks for your offer of help. I'll see that your people are given radios and shown how to use them. I'll also put out a call for those who know how to ride to go along with you, as soon as the weather clears. Be warned, none of my people know how to fight from horseback, so they'll need to be helped."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »

"General Chalmers, they did so during my great great granfathers time, our numbers and theirs were much greater then, until a plague of some kind almost wiped out both races. It was the Goa'uld Nirtii. We had found a cure for it, much before the greater damage could be done and the Borg knew of this." She began to explain. "We offered them access to what we had, but as usual they felt they could simply take it. Nirtii, to her credit sent her forces against the Borg first; she left with her forces barely intact and the Borg sued for peace thereafter. We gave them the cure."

Jordan couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "You gave it to them?" She shook her head, in her mind it would have been a chance to conveniently dispose of an enemy. But then from what she had seen of Josile's people, they seemed to go out of their way to live peacefully, yet in that, they were fierce warriors as well. "Radios they have General Caldwell, and most of us on base can ride fairly proficiently sir and Josile's people have been giving us some rather hard lessons in regard to surviving from the back of a horse. So we have you covered there as well."

"You were the worst pupil I've ever had Jordan O'Niel." Josile said with a little humor. "Nonetheless General, this storm will last another thirty minutes no more. After that we will have a window of about three days before the real Monsoon starts."

Jordan shrugged the comment off, it was slightly true. Three days, not a lot of time then. "Mesa you want to tag along with Josile? It'll give you something to do and its way better than waiting. I need to gather our boys and girls and I'm sure the General's here will be busier than a beaver building a dam."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »

You had to admire the locals, they were a hardy bunch, of that Lucille had seen on numerous occasions; she had done a considerable amount of reading about them since she first arrived. They strove for peace, but they were not afraid of delivering that peace with force either. "We have little time, Josile, thank you for that insight by the way; at least we know that the Borg are capable of uniting and that is a worry. Steven, I think I might need your weight of voice with me to convince the Admiral and the Chiefs of Staff to be a little more forthcoming with our assets." That was the truth and nothing but the truth, if Sean turned her down, she was more than likely to bite his head of, she needed someone with a little more tact on her side.

"Well people, lets get this moving; Jordan you can accompany Josile as well in my stead, Steven, can you spare Major McCaffry? Someone from your team would be helpful." Thirty minutes and then three days, not much time at all.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

Mesa gave Jordan a grateful smile. "I would appreciate that, ma'am," she said.  She knew she would go stir crazy if she wasn't allowed to do something.  Anything.  She had to keep her mind occupied.  Mesa looked over at Steven, waiting to hear what he had to say.  "Sir?  I would really like to accompany Josile and Commander O'Neil.  That is if you don't need me here." She couldn't think of any reason he would, but he was the one in charge and she would do as he asked.  Even if she wasn't real happy about it.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2013, 07:51:42 PM »

"I can spare her," Steven said. "CAG, place yourself at the Rainha's disposal." He brought his minicom to his mouth. "TACO, find out everyone on the ship who can rise a horse and have them report to me here. That includes you. Turn over command to Lieutenant Larson and get over here. The terrain is too bad for our drones and recon sats, so we'll search for Doctor Hart the old fashioned way." He turned to Chambers. "Let's prepare to beard the Admiral and the Joint Chiefs in their dens."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

"Believe me General, they are extremely capable and intelligent, none of us must take them for granted at any time." No one certainly would credit that fact, not at least those from Earth. But the Cavaleiros new better, they had been at odds with the Borg for a very long time and before that the Goa'uld, although they had come back at various times. "I will meet you all, those of you coming with me, at your landing ground in thirty five minutes. I bid you Generals, a find day." With that, her long legs, moved swiftly and Josile left as slilently as she came.

Jordan watched the woman leave and shivered a little, Josile, although a friend could unerve you at times. She was stealthier than a cat, and Jordan had watched her dispatch one of the local feral pigs, which were much larger than on Earth, with tusks that could rip through a man or horse in the blink of an eye. She did that and made it look like childs play.

"Thank you ma'am." She wasn't sure if she should be as grateful, but Jordan took it in her stride anyway. "We'll need to travel light and as small a group as possible. A dozen and no more I would say. Mesa, welcome to the wilds." She said with a wide grin, that bellied her own little inner fears.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »

"Amazing woman that one." Lucille said rather softly as she watched Josile leave, giving her head a small shake. She and her people could be a little unsettling to the novice explorer at times; it wasn't so much their attitude to life, or personalities. Those things were not unique to the galaxy; it was the way they tackled adversity, full thrust with no hesitation to do what was needed. They were survivors, in a world that gave no quarter; Lucille wished that many of her commanders in the past had such resolve. "Right, we all have jobs to do, get at it people. Steven, I need to swing by my office to change, so I'll meet you in the Gate room in ten minutes."

<<To Gate Room>>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

lethal-pageant