Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Levels 1-4 ~ Main entry and Security Gate ~ Carparks  (Read 8568 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

Bonnie was the next to arrive, a little excited in many ways because she was going somewhere she was familiar with here on Earth, although there was a little fear as she knew how bad it was down there.

The boys might have or not, been surprised to see what she wore. Simple jeans that were old but not torn, a plain light denim shirt, her standard desert pattern boots, a red scarf tying her hair back and over the top of all of that pretty much what everyone else had, the SGC issued vest. For weapons she kept it simple, her regular side arm attached to her thigh and an M4a2 for its lightness. Apart from that her pack had grenades and flash bangs. "Colonel, Lieutenant. I hope I didn't keep you waiting. Bryan will be not far behind me I'm sure."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.

Jon bobbed his head at her. "Good morning."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended

Bryan shook his head when he saw everyone else had beaten him to the car park. He hadn't thought he had taken that long.  He had on a pair of his older jeans and dark blue long sleeve shirt along with his vest.  He hadn't been able to wear his signature converse sneakers so he settled for his boots.   Weapons were minimal and just the basics.  "Sorry if I'm late," he apologized.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 93
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"

"Right then, you all made it and Walker, next time give yourself room for error." Of course it wasn't the first time a team member was late, nor would it be the last. You made do, that was the best you could ask for as a team leader. "Load up, our first stop will be Peterson Air Base in Springs, from their we're taking a C-40 Clipper to MacDill in Florida, from there we hop to Puerto Rico where our last ride will take us to the coast, we'll infill via a RHIB. We can discuss tactics along the way." Al mounted the mini bus, slinging his packs in ahead of him then sat behind the driver.

<<To MacDill AFB Florida>>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Stargate Command- Levels 1-4 ~ Main entry and Security Gate ~ Carparks
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »

<<From Mike's House>>

"Of course I do." Cooper didn't elaborate because he felt Mike had enough to deal with. Suffice to say he had to prove his ability to drive among other things all over again; which was more of a mental thing than physical in the end. It was his confidence he had to claw back to slowly. "I'm think of buying one of those Toyota Land Cruisers soon, my little Corolla is nearing its use by date Mike and well you know I think around these parts a big 4x4 is far more practical."

Driving in was something like a classroom for Mike, with there being so much for him to learn in the practical sense of just coping with the everyday. As the miles were eaten up Cooper explained to him the meaning behind the myriad of signage they passed; some of it relevant, much of it not such as the huge advertising billboards. Signs indicating speed limits, which he had to tell him the difference between those and 'advisory speed' signs such as those on bends. Tee signs, warning signs of rock hazards and every other sign in between. Then the traffic lights, speed cameras, State Police and local Police, Sheriff's Department and Highway Patrol; Cooper had to point out each of those and their different uniforms, yet he couldn't explain to him why they were all different organisations all doing fundamentally the same thing, even though he himself had lived in the US since his early twenties. To him it was madness.

Finally they made it in just a little over Cate's estimate which wasn't far off, all things considered. The SF's at the gate waved them through after a cursory look at their ID's, Cooper's being brand spanking new since he had officially taken up his commission once again, effective of a week ago. He drove Mike's truck into the underground car parks, on the second level down to find an empty spot. For despite the hour it was still quite full.

"Well here we go. One elevator ride away from finding out where your life went and at this point I don't think you need to question your decision to go down this route. All I can say Mike is that for you and everyone concerned I hope it works out the way we want it to. Are you ready?" Even Cooper himself was feeling apprehensive, for no other reason than his concern for his friend.

@NG

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2019, 01:35:43 AM »

{Sergeant Jose' Ramos} NPC

A lone SF stepped out of the elevator making his way directly to the truck. He stopped at the passenger door to pass on his message. "Captains, its good to see you both back. I have a message for you from Commander MacGregor, she asks that you meet her in the officer's lounge."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2019, 01:45:37 PM »

>> From Mike’s place in Colorado Springs >>

He managed to keep focused on Coops’ lecture for 5 or so blocks, but then zoomed out. It was just too much to take in and Mike’s eyes drifted towards the horizon, more or less wondering what the heck he was getting himself in to. Maybe he should just have stayed back on that planet with Yorvis and his family. Everything was so simple back there… over here everything went so quickly, everything changed faster that he’d liked.

As they descended towards the parking lot, Mike’s felt the anxiety build up and when the car finally stopped, he remained seated for awhile, definitely starting to regret the idea of getting down there, then after a deep breath, he opened the door and got out.
“No, not really” he replied to Coops, “but I guess that if I turn back now, I’ll never muster the courage to do this again. I want to know, I need to know!”

Mike turned towards the uniformed man and gave him a nod of acknowledgment as they moved towards the dreaded elevator, “Thanks,” then turned back to Coops, “You’d better lead the way, because apart from finding my way to the Infirmary, I’m totally at lost here.” He knew the route to the Gate room as well, but instinct told him he’d better not mention that here and now.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:59 PM »

Humor always was his best assistant in dishing out bedside manner. "Well I'd be pooping my pants over this Mike if I were in your shoes. What if the other me was some kind of psycho hell bent on world domination, or worse, a politician? Wait a minute, they are both the same aren't they?" He slapped him on the shoulder as a good mate would. "It'll be fine. Tomorrow you'll wake up and wonder what all the hullabaloo was about."

"Thanks Sarge, we'll head that way now. Have a good night." A cheerful disposition should help to ease those nerves of Mike's. They entered the elevator, pressed the required button to begin his friend's next journey.

<<To Officer's Lounge>>

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2019, 03:35:37 PM »

“Sure, Mike – serial killer, that would definitely explain the security guy.” Mike said in a very lame attempt as a continuation of Coops joke. “Let’s just get this over and done with.”
With a deep breath, he stepped in to the elevator, the feeling was better than the last time, but as soon as the doors closed, to feeling of being trapped and not getting enough air was there.

>> To Officer’s Lounge >>
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]