Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Colorado Springs, Colorado  (Read 3159 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 186
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

<Longhorn Restaurant and Bar>

Feeling rather chuffed that a guy pulled a chair out for her, like other than Bry, no one ever did that for Bonnie (unless of course they were after something) she thanked him while she settled into her place, Bryan right at her side. Her eyebrows shot up for the briefest second when she heard the word 'complicated', that was a veritable red flag to her as for all she knew that kind of 'relationship' meant something she'd rather not think about, but then again there was a weird factor to Jon; Bonnie couldn't quite put her finger on it really, it was as if he sometimes like much older people found it hard to communicate with those considerably younger than themselves. Weird, very weird.

Still she wasn't about to let her stupid unfounded feelings get in the way of what could be a good night. Since they had to wait a while chatting seemed to be the thing to do. "Curling? Isn't that the game they play on ice? Shoving a big round thing around?" That was her opening. "Me and Bryan are into cars mostly, fast cars. Both of us are spanner monkeys, we can make even the worst lemon go like hell, if you have a bent for lemons that is." They really needed the boss to speak up, it was going to be hit and miss if he didn't.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2018, 12:18:13 AM »

"Yeah, curling's the game with the giant stones and brooms on the ice," Jon said. "And I feel you on speed. Maybe in another life, I'd have been a fighter pilot. I can keep my own car running, but I probably couldn't soup it up. Don't think my old truck is ever gonna be a racer."

To Reynolds, he said, "What about you, sir? Curling up your alley or no?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2018, 10:28:54 PM »

Al looked up from his reverie, he had been in deep thought again on the subject of that dig site and what it meant. Hopefully by now Lieutenant Brownwell had appraised the Admiral on the findings. "What? Er, no not really. Never really been into Winter sports other than football, although I am starting to enjoy watching the European Soccer on the TV, I've even signed up as an official fan slash supporter of Celtic, you know keeping my roots so to speak. Other than that, I was a mad fan of NASCAR in my youth and drag racing which I suppose Heckman and Walker would be somewhere in your turf wouldn't it?" Now where was that waiter?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:18:47 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »

Bryan shook his head. "Curling huh?  That just doesn't sound fun at all." He had seen the sport on TV a couple of times and it just didn't make any sense to him.  Give him speed and something he could do with his hands.  A grin curled his lips.  "NASCAR sure and the drag strip is always fun." Of course he wasn't about to say that he and Bonnie used the road as a drag strip.  They had done a lot of things that had gotten themselves in trouble over the years.  How they had ended up where they were now he still wasn't sure.

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »

"Never much been into NASCAR. And sometimes, after a day of speed, something slow and deceptively strategic is more my pace." Jon smiled. "I know it's an officer stereotype, officers and chess, but if you ever want a game, I could be your guy. That being said, I'm almost the newest, and I know how things work, so...first round's on me. What's your poison? Remember Dad is watching, though." And he nodded at Reynolds.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:47 PM »

Sitting down in the corner, with full view of the entrance Tim, rolled his eyes at talks about cars and motors, ‘Jezz, been listening to that back and forth between Bonnie and Brian for almost a month. Please! Give me a break.’
He raised a brow at Reynolds comment, "You're in to soccer? Wow, never saw that one coming. Heading for Europe next time you're on vacation then?" Accepting the menu when the waiter returned, he started scanning it, finally settling for one of the home made burgers with bacon, pickled onion, salad, tomato, garlic dressing and some sweet potato fries on the side. And a beer. If you were finally off duty, then beer it was. Besides, there was always the possibility of taking a cab back home… unless Bonnie was the driver of the night, knowing she couldn’t handle anything with alcohol in nowadays.
“Now chess,” Tim said with a grin, looking up from the menu chart “That I can do… or basket ball if we need to stick to more physical sports. No way I'm going to make a fool out of myself with a broom stick while skidding on something resembling a hockey rink”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »

It was pretty obvious where the conversation was going, Bonnie wasn't blind to what might end up happening if the curve didn't take another direction, Tim helped with that which she was grateful for. Essentially every time you redredged up old history you faced the dilemma of opening so old wounds you might want to stay buried. Her eyes brightened up though when the Colonel mentioned soccer, if there was one thing other than cars that she could get into it was that. Playing ball on the streets as a kid was a way of staying out of trouble, for Bryan it was American football, that was probably the only thing the two of them disagreed on. Bonnie found it boring, lacking the skills of the real football. "Wow, like really sir?" She was about to launch into a dialogue on the subject when a menu was placed in front of her. Choosing wisely she ordered the Lobster Mornay with a Greek Salad, for dessert she went for the Banana Fritters and ice cream; drink, she paused, then chose Apple cider. She passed the menu to Bryan then.

At the door a tall balding red haired man in his late forties spoke to the concierge, he was soon directed to a table not far away from SG9. Somehow Bonnie caught him all but staring at them, he quickly turned his head as he sat down. "Did you see that guy?" She asked everyone at once, keeping her voice low. "I don't want to sound paranoid but man it felt like he was scoping us out."
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2018, 12:51:56 AM »

“What guy?” Jon asked, immediately wary. He didn’t know his new teammates but he knew they were a seasoned SG team, and he was willing to trust their instincts for now. He glanced at Reynolds, waiting to take his cue from the man. He’d wait till Reynolds ordered to place his order, now that the lady had gone first. “Where?”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2018, 02:08:30 PM »

“Crap!” Tim blew out in frustration. He’d recognized the man the minute he walked in through the door.
Leaning forward to grab the jar of water, he started pouring it as he spoke quietly without looking at then man, “The red head three tables away at your 9 o’clock Jon.”
He took a sip before continuing, “I was sure I shook him off at the mall. Guess this means I’m out when it comes to being stealthy… but that was what I meant outside when I said wanted to talk to you all.”

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:11:39 PM by NG »

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »

Once Foster was done pouring himself a drink, Jon reached for the water pitcher and, under cover of offering it to Bonnie, glanced toward his nine, searching for a suspicious redhead.

"That guy followed you here?" Jon glanced at Reynolds. "Want me to hit the head, circle around, close in on him from behind, see what he wants? Or should Bonnie do it? Guy might underestimate her - at his own peril. Not that I'm suggesting we imperil anyone per se."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »

To Albert it wasn't the most alarming thing he had heard, not in a mile of his experience at least. The former NID agent glanced briefly at the suspect noting everything about him he could do in such a fleeting look. Keeping his voice as natural as possible without raising suspicion he gave his opinion of what he saw. "He's not a cop, nor is he DIN." He deliberately reversed the acronym of his old agency, they'd know what he was talking about. "He is wired though he is not hiding that fact so my guess is he could be a PI, so the next question is, are any of you in trouble, owing money to anyone?" That was the obvious, yet maybe slightly overreaching it. "No Nealson sit pat for a while yet, let's see what he does." Al looked over at Tim, the man had no reason to feel guilty about it. None of them could expect to think someone was tailing them, unless as he said they had some external issues going on.

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2018, 10:42:18 PM »

"I'm not in any trouble that I know of, sir," Jon said in a low voice, "But I do remember one time when a nosy reporter getting bold resulted in a hostage situation and almost blowing up Nevada." Then he cleared his throat and said, louder, "Water, sir?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »

Soccer? Really? How did anyone find that interesting? Well he wasn't about to get in an argument over soccer.  Before he could get a chance to really look at the menu Bonnie spoke up, asking about a guy.   Odd.

Bryan glanced around.   He saw the guy everyone had pointed out.  "PI? Reporter? Hmm, either could be bad.  Don't think I'm in trouble, " he said.  For once he had kept his nose clean.  "So what do you think?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2018, 02:57:17 AM »

Looking back and forth at her teammates Bonnie had the face of pure innocence and well she should, the young woman had left all that behind, trouble that was. Not since she'd signed up with the Air Force had she had bad day, even while still tinkering around with hot cars she managed to keep a clean slate on civvy street. That wasn't to say she hadn't had one or two bad moments in the service but even those were now far behind her. "Squeaky clean sir, I can promise you that." Yep that was the guy, unbeknown to the others Bonnie herself was scoping the man out with the most miraculous eyes ever set in a human head, eyes that weren't the ones she was born with, eyes that came out of pure science fiction. "PI? Private investigator, no he's not one of those either sir, he's not packing I can tell you that. But he does have someone talking to him, I wonder?"

She was going to do something but then stopped. "Bry, what did you say?" She thought he said reporter, that to her was most likely on top of anyone's list but why? Why was he following Tim?
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »

Tim grimaced and replied quietly, “Apparently. He showed up at my doorstep, 30 minutes after I got home, showing me some photos of you two,” he nodded towards Jon and Bonnie.
“The photos were taken by with a super zoom judging by the quality of them. He was asking questions about how well I knew you guys and how long I’ve been working with you. So no, I’d say none of you kids have done anything wrong. This is something completely different.”

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

lethal-pageant