Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Colorado Springs, Colorado  (Read 7108 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »

*GM note. Time jump of 48 hours in place. SG-9 report to SGC*

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:56 PM »

>>From Mike's place>>

As a driver Elle could be considered one of those 'over cautious' types. She rarely reached the advised speeds on most roads anywhere in the world except of course if she was off road in a 4x4. That was entirely different as she always felt in those surroundings the control of the outcome was entirely in her hands. Unlike on public roads where as her Mother so often said, your fate is in the hands of all the other nut jobs driving with you.

Yet as her mind was absorbed by every little minute detail that passed by her 'inner' eyes like as if it were a slide show of the events since Mike first disappeared, she was completely unaware that the weight of it all was being transferred to her accelerator foot. She was on the main road into 'Springs', it was a 45 mph zone as it began to reach the more built up areas, she had just passed a 35 mph sign when from some remote corner of her mind she saw the red and blue lights flashing in the tiny rear view mirror of the Triumph. Of course she had zero idea just how fast she was going, all she knew was that her tear filled eyes couldn't see anything passed Mike's face.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:24:55 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »

Sitting rock still after she pulled the car over to the dirt side of the road, Elle watched the Highway Patrolman walk slowly to her. She knew that he'd checked the licence plates so in that he knew he had most likely already did a back check on her as the owner. "Why do they insist on wearing those Boy Scouts hats?" She asked herself while taking out both her ID card and driver's licence from her purse. The man was older she noticed, probably late fifties sporting Sergeant's stripes. "God." Her head lowered to the steering wheel briefly. "Probably the Sylvester Stallone of the Colorado State Police." The little inner voice told her.

Standing at the door the Patrolman leaned down with his hands on his knees, his weathered face behind those dark glasses giving nothing away. "Ma'am." He said far too politely meaning he knew exactly who she was. But then he said no more for a long moment that felt agonizing to Elle. He was examining her of course and a fool would miss the obvious signs. "I can see you're upset about something other than the ticket I have to give you, I mean you were doing okay there for quite a while until you came over Cherry Hill, by the time you passed Miester off ramp you were doing almost sixty but I knew something was wrong as it was gradual. As if..."

Elle didn't need this. Not even if he was the nicest cop in the state she just wanted to be alone. She held up her licence for him to read. "Look I'm sorry Sergeant, yes I was distracted and I'm not going to argue the fine, plain stupidity on my part."

No one could certainly debate that point and Sergeant Brooks wasn't about to either, he did though have some cautionary words for her. "Please Captain McFearson, take my advice and try to not drive when you're dealing with emotional stress. A wife and four daughters has taught me that well. Now I hope you'll go somewhere and settle your mind." He tore off the ticket, he gallantly gave her the lowest fine he could at just $220.

Ten minutes later Elle was walking out of the Banh Mi bread shop in Springs carrying a warm uncut loaf of wholemeal bread, she didn't know why as she was acting again on her emotions. Five minutes later she was sitting alone at the park feeding the ducks. It was something she and Mike did often back on the Alpha site, that much she remembered well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:34:06 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2019, 03:10:00 PM »

*2023 hours*

Commonsense told her that if she was to get these bills paid she had best get her backside into gear. Without even realizing it Elle had fed most of the loaf to the ducks and a few other little bludgers who decided to turn up for a feed, with typically just like back home it was the introduced pest of a bird the Starling. Sighing, Elle ignored their peeping and devoured the last end of the bread herself before heading back to the car and town.

Pulling into the car park of the Cheyenne Mountain Shopping Mall she had timed it well when she noted passing two other malls that they had closed at 6pm. Luck was still with her in this case as a big sign said when she drove in, 'now open until 10pm Mon, Tues, Thursday and Friday'. You had to hand it to her chances as random took over from planning. Elle locked the car, slung her bag over shoulder to find the local DMV office as she was quite certain there had been a small counter outlet here the last time, which was a little less than a year ago for her own car. A quick check of the Mall directory told her it was right opposite Petco just a short 50 meter walk to her left and again luck was playing her hand as Mike's insurance company Allstate,  was just 2 doors down from that.

Thirty minutes later Elle had everything in hand with the receipts firmly folded away in her bag and still feeling just a little melancholy as noticed by both clerks in both outlets, she went into Petco for no other reason than to follow the sound of small puppies making small yapping noises in an enclosure that held six of them on the floor to lure potential owners into that heart melting frame of mind that ends up with you parting with $150 and a pup you had no idea why you bought. The young man in the store had no objection to her picking up and cuddling a yellow ball of joyful fluff in the shape of a Labrador at just 9 weeks old; already a name had formed in her mind there and then and it took everything she had after 5 minutes to hand the sweet little thing back. At least though it had the right effect for Elle as she left the shop feeling only half as blue as she had when she came into town.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 93
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »

*Elle's cellphone ringtone*

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »

The walk back to the car was a slow one, Elle found her feet were as if she were walking in deep mud with each step getting heavier as the theoretical mud became thick on her boots. She was at that point of wanting to scream loudly 'Get me out of here' when her phone rang. There was no expectation of course and yet she wasn't startled when she saw the caller ID. "Coops, what's up? Are you two missing me badly already?" Despite her gloomy mood, Elle still had the typical Australian capacity for wit.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 93
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »

*Radio

"I'm glad I caught you Elle, listen,"

"Elle we want the best for Mike don't we? So in his best interests I guess since the medical side of the equation has run out of immediate options Mike decided to-"

"- that since he was at the end of his rope he's decided to take up Cate's offer. He's with her now."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2019, 12:35:23 AM »

Somehow in between everything Cooper told her Elle got into her car, then sat there holding the keys about and inch from the ignition, her hand shaking while over and over she repeated to herself 'No not that.' Finally after it all sank in she managed to grasp in her heart and head that there was most likely no other way in the short or long term and if she wasn't so selfish about this, especially when it came to Cate, Elle knew Mike and her had few to no other choices. As she turned the ignition her words were short, to the point. "Thanks Coops, and thanks for being there for him. I'll be there in maybe 25 minutes, let him know will you." She closed her phone, thought about the whole horrible mess for a single moment, then drove off.

<<To SGC>>

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

lethal-pageant