Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 11 + Stairs and Elevators + Transition Area  (Read 1256 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

The split on Level 11 allows the segmentation of the SGC into two entities, but for all intents and purposes, they are referred to as one. The primary elevator shaft runs from Levels 1 to 11, where base personnel and visitors must switch to an alternate elevator system past a security checkpoint. This provides an additional level of security to block access to the base's most sensitive areas.

Level 11 also contains the water purification and storage tanks, which share space on level 10. These units can provide several months' worth of drinking water when needed. A power substation on Level 11 provided services to the upper Levels 1 through 10.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 11 + Stairs and Elevators + Transition Area
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »

"Captain Forster, report to Admiral Davidson's office immediately."

Feeling like a million pounds, Ruby had decided to take the stairs down to the gate room. She was about half way down when she heard the radio call. She tapped the comslink on her left ear. "Copy thet Sarah, ah'm on me way."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

IOA Rep Nicholas Devore

<<From Main Gate>>

<<Level 1, Hallway>>

Nick was honestly surprised no one had met with him yet. His ETA hadn't been made known, but he would have expected the gate guard to have radioed down, especially with the view most had of the IOA as an entity. And while the admiral would no doubt be busy running his base, he should have sent someone in his stead.

Nick cleared his throat and adjusted his tie, as he headed to the elevator that would take him as far as level eleven.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »

Cheryl stood there with her hands behind her back, she had left Vala and Daniel feeling bouyant, but now her mood soured a little knowing she was to meet with one of those IOA stooges, Hank Landry's words not her own. She fiddled with the buttons on her coat for a moment, admired her nice new shiny service ribbon and rocked back and forth on her heals whistling lightly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:50 AM »

<Control Room PA>

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Attention, we are in Defcon four, I repeat Defcon four. Sentry activated on intruder alarm Mars orbit. Admiral Davidson to the Control urgently please."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »

IOA Rep Nicholas Devore

<<Level 11 Hallway>>

"Lieutenant Brownwell, isn't it?" Nick held out his hand in greeting, as he gave the woman a warm smile. He'd read the files on all of the program's chief assets, of course, and knew Lieutenant Brownwell had been operating as the program's temporary head of security until Admiral Davidson selected then Major Devlin's successor. And while Nick was well aware of the IOA's reputation, he hoped to maintain a strictly professional with the people he was investigating; but Mr. Keller wouldn't do the organization any favors with some of the sweeping changes he would be instituting. 

That was when the Defcon Four announcement blared over the intercom - though with the funds the IOA continued to pour into this program - the satellite network, the newest ships of the line - Earth should be well protected. "I don't suppose you know anything else about that."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »

Lt Gen Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)

<<From Level 21, Chapel>>

The doors to the elevator opened, and Jack made his way down the hallway but stopped well short of the security checkpoint.  There was Lieutenant Brownwell, and he overheard the newcomer introduce himself.  So that's Devore, Jack thought as he put on his most serious face, his offended officer face, and marched towards the checkpoint.  A few of the security detail stood at attention, but Jack chose not to pay them heed.  He caught the last part of Devore's comment, and cleared his throat to announce his presence.  "Keller must be hard up to send an errand boy to do his dirty work for him."  Jack shook his head emphatically.  "Doesn't surprise me, though.  Your boss never did like getting his hands dirty."

He was already in motion, waving off the lieutenant before she had a chance to say anything.  "And to answer the other question, the lieutenant wouldn't know why we've just escalated to DEFCON Four.  But either way, Devore, as long as we're above DEFCON Five, anything you want to relay on your boss' behalf gets to wait.  He knows that, I know that, and you know that.  You want to lodge a complaint with him, go right ahead.  I don't mind telling off Keller.  Never did care for him.  I still don't.  He probably doesn't give a damn about me, either.  I can live with that, though.  But any crying you want to do to him, whether its by phone call or email, has to wait, too."  Jack gave Devore a tight-lipped smile.  "Now, if you're here to see Admiral Davidson, I'll take you to him.  Just don't pester him while he's busy trying to figure out why DEFCON Four was declared.  He does have an operation to run and all."  He waved his fingers in a come-along fashion, and waited for the IOA representative to join him.  He then looked at Lieutenant Brownwell.  "Lieutenant, report to your post," he said to Cheryl.
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 11:57:21 PM »

The youngster was becoming confused, not only did she have old Walters PA message ringing in her head, now Jack's orders had countermanded the Admirals and that spun her around. But she did have her duty to perform, she came as close to Jack as she could, at 5'2" she had to stand on her toes and whispered to him. "Sir, I was um...s'posed to take him to Med bay sir." She frowned and looked at Nick. "Nice to meet you sir."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:02:49 AM »

Jack frowned as Cheryl stood up on her tiptoes and whispered into his ear something about needing to take Devore to MedBay.  Part of Jack wondered why Sean would have such a standing order in place, but eventually decided to put it down to a precautionary stance, versus a pragmatic one.  Then again, Sean could be just a bit paranoid, too, especially with the President still on site.  I don't blame him, but then again I outrank him.  He nodded and whispered back to her, "That's fine, Lieutenant.  I'll make sure he goes, once everything settles down."
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »

Feeling just a little more relaxed, Cheryl resumed her place, giving Jack a quick regulation salute (only because she admired him so much, she really didn't have to). "Thank you Sir, I'll head off back to the control room now and see what I can do there. Mister Devore.." She nodded to him, went through the stairwell door nearby and practically ran downstairs to level 27.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

((When did Sean give that order to Cheryl?   ???))

IOA Rep Nicholas Devore

<<Level 11 Hallway>>

"General O'Neill," Nick replied. He'd known O'Neill had been part of the President's entourage, but he'd never officially met the man. "What a pleasant surprise. Mr. Woolsey speaks very highly of you."

Nick waited patiently as the two officers exchanged whispered words. It only took a moment, but Cheryl took off at a run, by way of the stairwell. He joined Jack in the elevator. "I'm aware that several of my peers are not held in high regard by the fine men and women of this program – and while Mr. Keller does intend to institute some changes to ensure the smoother operation of this facility, I am hopeful that his fears about Admiral Davidson are unfounded. The Secretary of Defense may have ordered his own investigation six months ago, but as he and the Secretary of the Navy were largely responsible for seeing him installed as the commanding officer here, I hardly think they were in the best position to see that investigation properly conducted. Their jobs are also on the line because of this fiasco; if their selection is cast in a poor light, so too are they." Nick cleared his throat before he continued. "That, General, is why I'm here. Sometimes an impartial outside perspective is the one most needed. My record in that regard speaks for itself, should you wish to review it."

The elevator doors closed. "But please do take me to see the admiral. I'd be interested to see how he resolves this situation."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »

Jack grunted with interest when Nick said that Woolsey spoke highly of him; Cheryl already heading back down to the Control Room. 

"You should ask him about the time he was tasked to investigate us back in Oh-Four," he said to Nick.  "Only to find out that the then-Vice President was affiliated with a group of ex-NID operatives whom referred themselves as 'The Trust'.  Woolsey, even though he didn't like how Hammond ran the SGC, asked us to take down Robert Kinsey.  President Hayes sent Kinsey packing after he caught wind of Kinsey's shady dealings.  Then there was that incident about a year later, when Woolsey wanted to study Khalek, instead of putting him into a Stasis pod or kill the Gou'ald outright like everyone else wanted.  Big mistake on his part, and cost us several good men and women." Jack shook his head as it was all starting to come back to him.  "Needless to say, Mister Devore, Woolsey only speaks highly of me because we've had to bail him out many times."

The elevator doors opened, as Jack stepped in and waited for Nick to join him; he half-listened to what the IOA rep was saying.  But that partial attention increased as Nick explained that Keller wanted to make some changes he felt was necessary, even though Devore privately expressed the hope those concerns were unfounded.  Two, both the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Navy were at risk of losing their jobs because of their selection of promoting Sean to Rear Admiral, then installing him as the SGC's new commander.  Devore then claimed to have an "impartial" perspective, which immediately drew Jack's ire as the doors closed and the elevator began to descend.

"Keller can go screw himself," Jack growled.  "The only reason why he's livid is because McKay griped to him about his assignment, and he's wanting to conduct his own investigation of the incidents at Asculae Tena and at the Alpha Site because he didn't think the Secretary of Defense do a thorough job the first time.  Unless, of course, he wants to gripe over Admiral Davidson's decision to reinstate Jordan O'Neil - no relation to me, mind you - to her former rank of Commander and installed her as the Executive Officer under Colonel Chalmers.  That was strictly an internal decision made by Admiral Davidson, as there was no XO at the time and he picked Miss O'Neil as she was the best qualified candidate available on a short notice."

Jack shook his head. "Admiral Davidson didn't exactly have the available resources at his fingertips when he replaced Landry.  No one bothered telling him what the hell to expect when he became the new CO, let alone what was out there.  While your boss and the rest of his associates were busy bickering among themselves, none of them bothered to put Davidson through the vetting process, nor tell him your organization even existed.  Keller certainly didn't call him up on his first day to introduce himself.  And yet he has the gall to send you over here to do his homework for him."  It was obvious that Jack was thoroughly disgusted with the situation. "I'd love to see how he plans on having Gates and Mobius removed from office.  Gates is a member of the President's Cabinet.  Handpicked by the President himself, and had enough support in the Senate to approve that decision.  Mobius went through the same process.  Only way for either of them to be removed from office is for either the President to fire them, or have Congress impeach them.  And we both know that even if Gates or Mobius is impeached, the Senate would have to convict either official.  That's federal law, Mister Devore.  The IOA doesn't have the authority to supersede it.  Keller simply can't wave his magic wand and mutter some mumbo-jumbo to have them removed.  Doesn't work that way.  He can try to get Admiral Davidson removed from his post as SGC commander, but if he violates the non-disclosure agreement that we all had to sign and reveals the existence of this program to the general public, I'll have him charged with treason against the United States and have him hauled in front of a federal judge.  That's a promise."

The elevator stopped and pinged, indicating the arrival at Level 28.

<<Jack to Level 28, Gate Room/Control Room>>