Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Ships Cafe  (Read 3152 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Ships Cafe
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »

Kasie is about to reply when the chef arrives with Mike's macchiatto. The smell of the cinnamon alone has her practically drooling over it. When the guy asks if she wants one, too, she gives him a huge smile. "I'd say yes without the suggestion!" She practically squeals and looks at the chef. "Please, absolutely! I can't remember the last time I had something that smelled that good."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

The Chef couldn’t help but to chuckle at the longing face she made, “Coming right up then Ma’am,” gave her a nod and walked back to the inner parts of his domains.
Mike made a motion with his hand towards the chair opposite him. “Please, have a seat while you wait.”
He carefully leaned back in the chair but couldn't help slipping an involuntary grunt as his back made contact with the back rest and eyed the woman, top to toe while he cradled the warm mug in his hands, “I have to admit that the suit definitely looks very flattering on you, but have you considered changing in to something a little bit less… confining? Unless you're going back...?”

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »

Kasie wants to tell him she doesn't have to call her that - she's not military - but he's off and running before she can. She just smiles after the man. Now she wishes she'd had something on her to repay him for it. She's quite sure she'll probably never see him again. It's not often she returns to Earth and even more rare that she's aboard one of the ships.

"Oh, thank you." She says and takes a seat, only half noticing Mike's grunt of pain as she does so.

"Yeah, that's the thing." She responds. "No one told me where to get some clothes, and I have no idea if I'm going back or not. And considering how much of a pain in the arse these things are to get into and out of, I'll just keep it on until I'm a hundred percent sure that I don't need it." She pauses. "Or do ... I'm hoping for the 'don't' part, though, to be honest."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »

After another sip of the coffee, he decided to let it cool off a little bit more and placed it back on the tray in front of him, “Hey, I don’t blame you! Any sane person would want to stay out of that station for now.” Mike felt a small shiver down his spine as he remembered the sight of those totally black, wrong looking eyes of the being he’d faced in the Iso unit, before adding quietly. “I know I will…”
Making an attempt to put up a brave face, he changed subject, “Now, about your clothing. There are always these lovely flight suites.” He pinched the fabric of said garment, “Not very sexy, but quite comfortable. The main stores are actually on the same level as we are, just further down the hall and to the right. You’ll find everything you need down there.”

Mike took a bite of his bagel and actually found it quite tasty. He knew they usually tasted very much the way like they looked, pretty mundane, but taking the amount of hours it had been since he’d last eaten anything, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he found them more than just eatable. He unscrewed the cap of the water bottle, looked intently at the woman across the table as he took a few sips before he, with a sigh, frowned.
“Look, don’t take this the wrong way now, because I’m very much aware of it sounding like the worst and crappiest pick up line ever but, I recognize your face. Don’t I know you from somewhere? Haven’t we met before?”
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:15:40 AM by Northern girl »

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »

The scientist grins at Mike's description of the jumpers. And she had to agree. Despite not being military, she had worn them a few times and did find them rather comfy. "Thank you, I will stop by there when I know I can change. Like I said, I haven't gotten any orders for where I'm going to next. Technically I'm on leave, but decided to volunteer myself to the cause."

When Mike starts the next statement, she finds herself preparing for the worst - like he didn't want her there, or ... who knows what? But the rest of the sentence makes her grin.

"Probably from Daedalus and around the base when we were there after the Wraith made it to Earth. And more recently, I saw you when I was beamed out of the station onto the flight deck." She informs him. "Not that we ever actually interacted much. I just have the ability to remember people who stand out." She adds, then grins and also adds, "I also make it a point to know who the senior officers are wherever I am, so I've read your file. Kasie Markham. I've been with the Atlantis Expedition from the beginning. I was just about to take some leave time to spend with my dad and sister before being assigned to an AR team." She explains.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Mike nodded silently, so probably they’ve run into each other while she’d been around the SGC. Not really sure whether to be flattered or offended about having attracted her attention in one way or the other, he probably looked at least puzzled.
“You read my file? Oh great!” Mike pulled a hand trough his hair, making it look even more unruly than usual and gave her an amused grin, “Found anything interesting?”
At that moment the Chef returned with a steaming Macchiato and placed the cup and a spoon in front of Markham, “One Macchiato, as promised. Hope you enjoy is much as the Doc here.”

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »

Kasie can't help but grin at his reaction to her having read his file. Now that just left the door hanging wide open for all kinds of teasing and sarcasm. But before she can get to it, the chef returns with her drink and her mouth starts to water.

"Oh, you're a saint!" She praises him and takes a deep breath through her nose, inhaling the heavenly smell. "I might even enjoy it moreso." She promises, grinning widely up at the man. "If I had any cash on me, I'd give you a very generous tip." She winks up at the man.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »

“Oh, don’t you worry about that.” The Chef winked back, “Some day though, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do me a favour, but until that day, accept this cup as a gift, on the day of my shore leave.”
Mike almost choked on his sandwich when he heard the Chef’s nearly spot on impersonation of Marlon Brando's Don Corleone and started a coughing/laughter fit, ending up with him wincing as the bruised ribs made them selves known.
With a small bow towards them both, Cheng then turned and went back to the kitchen.
In another attempt to clear his throat, Mike took a swig of water and then looked at Kasie and wheezed, “He’s a great fan of classic movies… so don’t take him to seriously, ok?”

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

Kasie focuses on the chef as he launches into a Marlon Brando impersonation rather smoothly and finds herself grinning at him, until Mike starts to choke and she has to fight back a laugh.

"There's nothing wrong with loving the classics, Doc. And absolutely nothing wrong with his Brando, either." She comments with a grin and sips the coffee. "Aaahhhh ... now that is something I might consider staying on Earth for ... Might." She ads, with a fond smile towards Atlantis. Maybe she should consider buying an espresso machine for the city's cafeteria ... In fact, she wonders why no one's done that in the last six years.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 03:41:12 PM »

Mike cupped the hands around his mug and took a few sips of the warm beverage before looking back at Markham, the hint of a smile twitching in the corners of his mouth, “Sounds like you’re very fond of Atlantis?”
He’d never had a chance to have seen it with his own eyes, not even when it had landed on the east coast, had he had the opportunity to be there, so he only knew it by reputation. Only having seen pictures of the place…

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »

Kasie looks into her mug, grinning just thinking about the place she calls home now. "Yeah ... 'fond' might even been to weak a word." She admits and looks back up at Mike. "I've been there from the beginning, back when we thought we'd never see Earth again. The only people I have back home are my dad and little sister, and even not knowing what I would be doing, they practically forced me to go, knowing that I'd be miserable if I hadn't. So they get it. And now that I can see them when I have leave time and email them and have regular contact, you know ... It's perfect. Besides. On Atlantis, I don't have to be careful about what I say to people I work with or talk to off duty. I don't have to worry about a cover story, you know? And I get to do what I love in the most beautiful city I've ever seen." 'Rambling.' She stops herself and takes a sip of the brew, savouring the flavour, knowing it was probably the last one she'd have for a while.

"I mean, you've been there, right? You have to have seen it." She says, figuring  that everyone in the SG program has to have set foot on it at least once, back when it landed on Earth when the Wraith threatened the lives of everyone in the galaxy.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »

"I know what you mean." Mike nodded as he listened to her, recognizing the dilemma of finding a good cover story all to well. He’d never been any good with managing long distance relationships in the first place that sort of came with the job, and then there was that thing about basically having to lie to keep friends, potential girlfriends and family out of the loop. He couldn’t help but to slip a small sigh, it had never ended very well.
Elle might have her flaws and temper, but at least he wouldn't have to look her in the eyes and lie about where he’d picked up a sun tan or why he this time, would come home with bruises all over he’s body.
Family – well, no big deal there though since they rarely met at all… As far as most of them were concerned, he was stationed abroad for long periods of time and no questions asked for the last 10 years.

“Actually,”
he took another sip before giving Markham an embarrassed smile, “I haven’t. I never got the opportunity. As you already know,” Mike’s face turned in to a more amusing look, “I’m not an expert on either Ancient tech or have a very strong ATA-gene, so I never got an invitation to see the city when you brought it to our parts of the galaxy. They obviously prioritized other people and kept me busy elsewhere.”
Taking another sip, he then continued, “Wouldn’t mind visiting it though.”

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 10:40:03 PM »

Kasie gapes at Mike, shocked that he hadn't found a way to get to the city. Even Jackson, whose attempts to visit the city seemed to have been thwarted more often than not, managed to get there. Course, arguably, he did have the skills needed to justify his presence there.

"Well then, I think we need to make the arrangements." Kasie declares with a nod, as if she had the sole authourity to make it happen. "I'm sure you'd at the very least benefit from a tour of the infirmary. The technology in there is amazing."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 12:31:52 AM »

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 08:34:39 AM »

“If you can pull any strings for me to make a tour like that,” Mike raised his cup with a grin and gave her a nod, “then I’d most definitely be grateful and avert any sharp, pointy object coming in your direction in a foreseeable future.”
That’s when the call for ‘Battle stations’ and ‘Drill’ came over the laud speakers.

Mike rubbed his face, “Oh fercryinoutloud Elle!!” then got up and pushed away the chair in one movement. “You are so going to pay for this…”
He gulped down the rest of his Macciato before looking back at Markham, “Got to go, real nice talking to you, hope to catch you later and all that,” then took a deep breath and gave her a smile, “Take care Kasie.” and by that he grabbed his back pack and hurried back to the Med bay.

>> Off to a 4 hour ordeal of drills and triage training all over the Dread >>

Pages: 1 2 [3]