Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 53044 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #870 on: February 12, 2019, 12:09:20 AM »

<Triage>

"Yeah I was cleared about twenty minutes ago or thereabouts. The kids are gonna love Daddy's new scar, the missus not so much." He leaned his back against the wall thinking about things in general, Cate's image came into his mind with him wondering what she was doing. Thinking of Cate he was sure he heard his Mother's voice in that other room, damn it was uncanny that mother and daughter would have almost the same voice. Anne's of course was a little huskier given her penchant for smoking when she was so much younger. No one was unhappy when she gave that up, especially the two younger MacGregors who at around six or so could only complain of the stink. Then there was Dad and his cigars, Ben was sure the old man had one in his mouth when the end came so tragically. He'd never know that outcome.

He waited for Mutt to finish, the flush and the basin in routine. "Stomach cramps be buggered. Colonel Sutton filled me in. So I hope it was an easy extraction." His wide mouth showed a decent set of teeth, complete with a chip on one canine. "So far the de-brief which is what it is, I missed most of it then the Admiral told us to rest and you know all that 'go eat and clean up' routine. We need to fill in Lieutenant McMillan down in the bunker and then we can take this mission apart ourselves and see where we can improve things."

>>To TF Bunker>>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:18:28 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #871 on: February 12, 2019, 01:04:55 AM »

<Med Bay, A & E ward room 9>

When the woman on the bed's eyes opened, it was already in defiance of the situation. Moreover, she was not in the least bit groggy or sluggish. Her eyes darted around the room for a moment as she took in her surroundings.

That moment passed and a look that suggested she was almost...pleased to be here, with a bit of being impressed.

"Hmm. Stargate Command, good. That puts my timetable up considerably." She said quietly. True to her case file, her English bore no trace of a Russian accent. If anything, it was closer to having a Canadian one...

"Right, well, let's get straight to the introductions. Larissa Koralova will be back to speak with you all once I've said my piece." She said, and then her eyes flashed. The SFs immediately went for their Zats. That got an eyeroll and an annoyed sigh.

"I am not trying to be a threat to you people, so please just let me talk." She then continued, "For starters, my name is Adrestia. I am not a Goa'uld, but I'm also not Tok'ra. However, what I think I can be, if you would hear me out, is an ally. I spent the last two centuries being led on by Ba'al, that he would help me kill my father."

Adrestia let out a chuckle, shaking her head.

"He lied. In fact, I think some of you are owed my thanks, as my father was Ares, and some of you killed him. He played me, however, and after finding out that my brother Phobos is one of his lieutenants, I've decided my association with Ba'al is at an end. Seeing as how you're his biggest enemy, you're my biggest potential ally." Adrestia continued, "I'll be honest here, you don't have any reason to trust me. If you call the Tok'ra, they'll say I'm a Goa'uld war criminal and I should be put to death, but that was not my fault and there's a fair bit of bad blood between us. But Phobos intends to be the heir of Ares' legacy and top him in every way. That's hardly someone you want in a Goa'uld buddy cop movie alongside Ba'al."

"So. I'm willing to offer not only intelligence but service to see Ba'al ruined and stopped for good. I only want to ensure Phobos joins the rest of our siblings. But I'm sure you've suffered from the good intentions of the Goa'uld and Tok'ra, so I equally expect you'll want to sedate Miss Koralova and attempt to rip me out of her. Or just kill us both and skip the trouble, whatever floats your raft I guess." Adrestia shrugged.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #872 on: February 12, 2019, 07:43:45 PM »

"Well I'll be." Anne intoned softly as the woman began to speak, forestalling an answer from the CIA agent. To keep things at a workable state, Anne held up her hand to stop any comment from either the Nurse or Sydney at this point in time. She pulled her chair closer.

Once the girl got all of that off her chest, Anne leaned back casually, checking with one eye to see the little red blinking light on the cameras above in each corner. That allowed her to be confident everything had been recorded, saving a great deal of time later for both her and Ian when he was informed quite possibly in the next few minutes. For now it was for the Chief surgeon to deal with. "No we don't. Trust isn't something that's being handed out like sweets to kids in pre-school. I'm sorry to be blunt Adrestia was it? Unfortunately that's how it is as I am sure you'd understand given the heightened level of activity of late concerning Ba'al. Now that I've said that, to save you having to go through everything again you've been recorded as you'd expect and I'm Anne MacGregor by the way, the SGC's Surgeon General." She deliberately left out her rank. "So there won't be any killing on my watch and I think I'm safe in saying you'll be interview at length in due course. Anything else you've said will have to go to the base commander and General O'Neill of Homeworld Security. Bear with me a moment."

Anne pushed herself away before leaving the chair. She stood near Sydney and the Lieutenant speaking quietly. "My level of trust is about this much." She held up her hand with thumb and forefinger about an quarter of an inch apart. "That goes for our coms system. Don't ask. Sydney I want you to bolt down to the Admiral, fill him in then drag his arse up here and dear; close the door on your way out."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #873 on: February 12, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »

<<Med Bay, A & E ward room 9>>

"I'm..." That was all she could get out before the once sleeping beauty decided to suddenly wake up and throw the virtual cat among the pigeons. No matter how many times she had seen things like this it always managed to freak her out.

The younger Nurse hadn't been around the SGC long enough to have witnessed such an event. Seeing someone recover so quickly from whatever had put her down and to hear that story really rattled Kylie to an extent. No dramatically, but it shook her up a little. When Anne came to stand between her and the Agent, Kylie listened with interest, she always had a taste for a good mystery and this was as good as it got. A Goa'uld! Well as the woman explained she was somewhere in a middle rung of the ladder, claiming to be neither Goa'uld or Tokra. "I understand perfectly ma'am. We can never be too careful can we?"

It made sense to Sydney, she knew well enough that the wrong ears hearing a radio call could upset the whole thing if this woman was legit. "I'll be gone in 5 seconds Anne and as I was about to say, I'm good and you look, well younger?" It was the hair of course, something that either with a color or just the way it fell could seemingly take years off a woman's appearance. "Keep an eye her." She said as she left, doing as she was told by closing the door securely on her way out.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #874 on: February 13, 2019, 11:44:39 AM »

{Larissa Koralova, SVR}

{Adrestia}

<<Med Bay, A & E ward room 9>>

Adrestia shifted in her bed to make herself more comfortable.

"Yeah, I figured as much. I'm just glad to be back in a host who is this intelligent and still able to fight, as I suspect that with her alerting you all, the NID and CIA are already here." Adrestia let out a sigh. "I'm going to go wait then, you probably have questions for Miss Koralova."

She blinked heavily, and now her expression was a good deal more concerned and disoriented. Given that Adrestia did not change her voice, that was probably the only inclination that Larissa was now in control.

"...this is going to take some getting used to." She said.

About this point, Jack returned with Sydney and also Agent Barrett.

"Okay, if you're in this room, you're not to say a word about this or I might get so upset, you could find yourself on latrine duty. At McMurdo." Jack said once they closed the door.

"I want to speak to Agent Koralova." Malcolm said.

"Speaking. You must be Agent Barrett, which I assume means you're going to want to know why I leaked the Stargate Program to a frankly unhinged man like Nigel Parks." Larissa said flatly.

"You're damn right we do, missy. And I'd like to know what's the deal with your plus one. What's Ba'al playing at here?" Jack demanded.

"Captain, I'm required to inform you that in light of this security breach, you are being held on charges. Moscow will be formally notified but the IOA will decide how to proceed with your hearings." Malcolm said.

"...you're going to find a lot of people are going to suddenly take an interest in things the moment you do notify my superiors. And that's going to make things a lot worse, because we're already five steps behind Ba'al thanks to Mister Parks." Larissa said, "Yes, I am admitting to leaking intelligence, but I did so as a last resort. My investigation into Ba'al following what he did in Hong Kong was being stonewalled from every angle, and I was being watched so I could not simply contact you. The chaos in Venezuela was my only way to act in a smokescreen."

"You've got more than that to answer for, missy." Jack replied. "So, before I really start grilling, anyone got either a reason I shouldn't or questions they'd like answered?"

"Sir, I'd like to request that anyone not directly involved in the investigation please leave the room. This is a sensitive matter and the fewer people involved, the better." Malcolm requested.

"Alright. Lieutenant, Sergeants. You're dismissed, but remember; McMurdo has toilets that could use scrubbing by blabbermouths." Jack said. He wasn't going to send off Anne quite yet.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #875 on: February 13, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

"Think yourself lucky lass I was here and not another medical officer, you'd be wired and connected like a virtual specimen if that were the case." The old girl was well renown for her more subtle ways in dealing with patients who didn't fit the category of normal. Her preference was good old fashioned observation with a keen eye. "They've been here ever since we brought that old man in and by the way, since you got him involved, did you know he dragged a young kid into this as well?" She was still to get to the bottom of that having since read Nick's file and the fact he was whisked away to the Tok'ra before she could see him. "One other thing, Parks has cancer, I thought you should know that."

Soon after that conversation was completed, Jack, Sydney and Barrett returned with the security arrangements sorted out soon after that. There were procedures that Anne had to ensure were done while the woman was still in her care; she wasn't going to ignore that.

"Jack." Anne began. "Before you three get into the why's and therefors of agent Koralova, I need to take some blood and I expect you'll be needing her to have a subcutaneous transmitter fitted sooner rather than later?" Her head swiveled around to the young Nurse. "Kylie, before you disappear completely, grab me a ward trolley with the works." The girl would know exactly what Anne needed, there was no need for explanation here.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #876 on: February 14, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »

One after the other Jack, Malcolm and Sydney filed in. This had turned out much like so many other situations she had read about from the years of Stargate Command's operations and while not exactly the same on each occasion, it was similar enough for everyone to be on the same page. Memories flooded back for Sydney as well, for it was on many routine missions that she was in the sights of a Russian agent, she wondered for a moment if Larissa had been one of them. "I'd be thinking right now that there is someone in the SVR who would might want you dead....agent Bristow CIA." Sydney drew closer when she introduced herself. "Apart from what you and we both know with Parks et cetera, how many Trust agents have you identified within the SVR. Oh and as for Hong Kong, you'll have to ask SG-4 on that matter if you want answers, they were responsible for closing that little operation down."

"Sir and yes ma'am." There was little else for Kylie to do now in any case now that the woman was fully awake and lucid. She backed out of the open door, disappeared for a minute then returned with the trolley Anne asked for, complete with work station and the required equipment for the intramuscular insertion of the transmitter. She backed away again, shutting the door once the SF's were in the corridor with her.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2019, 12:52:43 AM »

{Larissa Koralova, SVR}

{Adrestia}

"I think we can do both while we're talking. She's got a friend to help." Jack said. "But I doubt she's going too far so it's going to be now or later."

Larissa rolled her eyes and muttered a curse in very annoyed Russian.

"I really would like to understand why Mister Parks' condition and his using a child to blackmail you people is an act of decency, but my attempt to warn you about Ba'al through him is a problem." Larissa said pointedly. "I broke security because my case was being stonewalled, and had Mister Parks acted as I instructed him to, we would have stopped Ba'al dead in his tracks."

"What makes you so sure?" Jack demanded.

"Because by the end of the week, Ba'al will, under an alias, be the new President of Venezuela, sitting on one of the most powerful militaries in South America and the largest oil deposit on the planet. Whoever he can't bully, he'll buy, and he has enough allies in Washington and Moscow alone to make sure that he'll get his way." Larissa replied, "He is untouchable, unless you want your country locked in yet another quagmire. Also, he's planning to repay the System Lords for their betrayal, as well as the daughters of Morrigan."

"And how does Mister Parks fall into this?" Malcolm asked.

"...oh for the love of...he was a convenient patsy and courier who was busy trying to figure out how to blackmail you people for money until a lack of medication and an abundance of alcohol caused him to reflect on his morality and involve a child that was some half-cocked means of contrivance for his generally terrible nature as a person." Larissa was starting to be the less pleasant of the two. "I'm an intelligence officer, I have to act objectively. As your CIA agent pointed out, I've taken a huge risk here, and it all went to hell because that lunatic fool decided in a drunken insane haze that he wasn't just satisfied with money, because his broken soul needed something instead."

"So how do we stop Ba'al?" Jack asked.

Larissa snorted and closed her eyes. When they opened again, her eyes flashed and her expression was one that was more relaxed and somewhat bemused.

"General O'Neill. Ba'al rather dislikes you, tends not to shut up about you. And the rest of SG-1, including Colonel Mitchell, Colonel Carter, Qetesh, Doctor Jackson and Teal'c." Adrestia said. "Adrestia."

"Oh. Well, it's nice to feel loved." Jack replied, "So. You're not doing the whole...voice...thing? That a new thing?"

"Never liked it with female hosts. Sounds weird, wouldn't you agree?" Adrestia chuckled.

"...now that you mention it, yeah. Yeah it does. I'm glad you said something, saves me from saying it first. Why're you turning on Ba'al?" Jack asked.

"He lied to me. Strung me along and recruited my psychopath of a brother along the way. I've been considering how to kill him, still have yet to decide, but I'm starting to consider using a microwave. If it can make a Hot Pocket utterly disgusting, I'm sure Phobos won't enjoy it." Adrestia laughed, "Seriously, you people invent so many wondrous things, and then you came up with the Hot Pocket. Was that a torture device?"

"I...okay, can we stay on topic, because as much as I'd like to hear the rest of your revenge scheme for your brother, I feel like that's best left...unspoken." Jack said. Whoever this Adrestia was, she was nothing like any Goa'uld he'd ever met.

"Adrestia. What do you want in exchange for your help?" Malcolm asked.

"Well. For starters, I want to be allowed to help and not to be turned over to the Tok'Ra. Those self-righteous old fossils act like they invented the idea of compassion and are about as much a pain in the backside as the Goa'uld. I also want Phobos dead, ideally by my hand, but he does not live through this." Adrestia replied, "I have no desire to rule. Deimos and Phobos saw to that."

"...I find that very hard to believe." Jack said.

"I'll tell you my sad story later, General, but suffice to say, I want to help bring down Ba'al. I have enough information, cross-reference it with Miss Koralova's, and you should have a decent starting point. She's not wrong about his plan, he wants to draw your nation and other nations into a war over his petroleum. Stuff's not naquadah, but it'll get people to kill each other over it just as well." Adrestia explained.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:07:22 PM by Cipherhornet18 »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »

"Thank you Kylie." Anne was able to get that courtesy in before the girl left. She waited for the door to close and hear the locking mechanism before doing much else. "No I doubt she is Jack and while we're about it I think she should change out of those clothes as well. Unless you want to take her out of this room of course then I have no objections." The trolley moved forward at a touch of the hand, Anne pulled the top drawer out, retrieving a transmitter. For those ever so long moments she listened to the conversation without showing an ounce of surprise at the revelations; she's heard similar before. "I'll need her file of course which I assume we can retrieve somehow-" She looked at both Sydney and Malcolm. She was quite taken aback when SG-4 wasn't brought up, the Goa'uld did have a bounty on them three years ago and Anne doubted he had forgotten them in that time.

"Can we presume the former President of Venezuela is already dead? He won't be missed of course by the west but Ba'al? Surely there is something more immediate we can do?" It was a worry, a very deep worry to all.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #879 on: February 19, 2019, 05:50:01 PM »

The nurse had already gone about her duties when Anne thanked her, it didn't hurt Sydney always said to herself to be nice to those you worked with. Which brought her to the current situation, she could do something to help Anne and with Syd's knowledge it wasn't all that hard to accomplish. "I can do that for you Anne, give me a few minutes."

The laptop on the trolley booted up quickly, Anne gave her the password which was typed in quickly, then Sydney logged into her account at Langley. A few more entries and she was into a back door program of her own that was meant to hack into the SVR. "Damn. Firewalled, I think they were expecting this." She flipped out her phone to speak to one of her technicians while staying online, it did take time than she expected, two minutes to be precise after he gave her another access code. A second later a data burst was streaming down the screen matrix style. She saved it, then used her own encryption software to untangle it. "There you go, Larissa's entire file."

Sydney stepped away from the trolley to give Anne the space she needed to work. Taking in the two stories was rather complex and it did leave some questions to be answered. "I am intrigued Adrestia, so you'll have to forgive my suspicious nature. Who arranged your ahem...blending with Agent Koralova? What happened to your former host and as we have the latest intel, someone from the Trust was seen leaving the scene in a great hurry carrying what we believe was a canopic jar at Ba'al's warehouse down in Cartagena. Do you think we can clear up those curiosities before we move on?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #880 on: February 20, 2019, 12:22:54 AM »

{Larissa Koralova, SVR}

{Adrestia}

Adrestia closed her eyes and then laughed a little, opening her eyes.

"So, Larissa thinks you, Agent Bristow, are the biggest fool in this room. That back door you just used? The SVR knows about it, they let your people take a swing at it before letting them in." Adrestia commented. "My guess is that Ba'al's people in both the American and Russian intelligence communities are going to be hounding you all for her extradition to Russia...or rather, ours. And we'll be found a few days later, having shot ourselves twice in the back of the head in the middle of a forest."

Both Jack and Malcolm glanced at Sydney. Malcolm was more confused as to why she had even done that, Jack was looking far more irritated.

"Excuse me, Agent, but when exactly where you going to fill me in that you were going to go hacking into Russian Foreign Intelligence?" Jack was seriously annoyed now. "I don't care if you're CIA, if it involves things here, you better run them by me first. If you can't be bothered to do that, then you can leave. I got enough loose cannons around here, myself included."

"Also, I already had her file. You may have just tipped our hand in hacking the SVR." Malcolm said, holding up his phone.

"You don't need to presume if you watched the news. The former President, along with the Minister of Defense and a few others Ba'al could not buy out died in a terrorist bombing that should be all over the news. Seriously, your media outlets are like vultures." Adrestia said to answer Anne, "And that sentiment is precisely what Ba'al intends to exploit. He's done it so many times in the past, it's rather impressive it still works."

"Doctor, the subdermal won't be nessisary. Agent Koralova is a member of a sub-directorate in Russian Intelligence who are our opposite numbers there. She was already implanted with one on the contingency, like myself, that we might go off-world." Malcolm said.

Adrestia held out her right arm, "Do what you need to, though, Doctor. I'm interested in cooperation, after all."

"To answer your questions, Agent Bristow, I'm working on the blending process as we speak. It would seem my father, likely to facilitate transitioning from one host to another rapidly, has a trait that runs in the family. I'm taking my time with it because to accelerate it would be to utterly destroy the host as a being. It is barbaric and ensures that even if the symbiote is removed, the host is, at best, going to live out their days in a stupor." Adrestia continued, "My first host was my only unwilling one, I was far too young to understand what was going on. Since then, I at least try to reason with my new hosts, respect that we both share this body. And unlike the Tok'ra, I don't get all pious about it. I was, as you pointed out, being evacuated from Colombia. I was planning to defect and by coincidence, I ended up at the safehouse on the Caymans. Ba'al was unaware of my duplicity, and so he facilitated the transfer because he wanted Larissa as a mole. I needed a way to get to you. She wants to see this through."

"Yeah, okay, I think I've heard enough here. The two of you are stuck here until I say otherwise. Agent Koralova for breaking a ton of regulations, regardless of intention, and you...because I don't know yet if I buy your story or not." Jack said, "Anne, run your tests. Barrett, run an investigation." Jack pointedly said nothing to Sydney, just a hard glare at her.

"Understood, General." Malcolm replied.

With that, Jack took his leave. Malcolm let out a sigh.

"The General already distrusts the NID and most Intelligence types. You may want to avoid him for a while." Malcolm said.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #881 on: February 20, 2019, 04:06:50 AM »

<Nurses' station>

Mike had not wasted much time between the payroll office and the medical bay. It was relatively straightforward, though he could not help the small smile that crept onto his usually stoic features as he walked; reminded him much of his time in Foundation where he had to deal with boat loads of paperwork and hectic shuffling around with kit dressed in his suit that his mother had given him for his birthday after he had completed his PRMC.

He slowed his walk some, his eyes glancing around at the nurses and various other medical officers who walked around dealing with patients and other folks like himself. A couple had taken note of his arrival, glancing once at himself and then the green beret on his head but they didn't seem like they needed to comment on it. At this point, he was matching names to faces; trying to find Lt. Colonel Sutton.

Medicals were always the most laborious part of any assessment that he had been through; a lot of talking with a lot more questions about this, that and the other. He approached one person at a desk, quickly making note of the insignia that they wore. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a Lieutenant Colonel Sutton, I was informed that she was around?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #882 on: February 20, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »

The words were cutting and downright arrogant, which was something Anne had come to expect from both the Gao'uld and the Russians. In short she was disturbed by it. She kept her calm though as always. "Agent Bristow did as I asked since no one else came forward. It wasn't as if I whispered my request. Agent Barrett-" She turned to him. "- if you already had the file Malcolm you could have said so when I first brought up the transmitter and then you forget to inform me she has one fitted. We were getting along so well weren't we? And that includes you Jack-" She got that out before he left. "So let's move on."

Her face mellowed to that she wore ninety percent of the time, easy going and relaxed. Picking up a scanner she went over to the bed, turned it on and like some kind of magic wand waved it over and around Larissa's back and shoulders- the transmitter was active and working as it should. "We won't have to worry about that then. All I need to do is update your vaccinations agent Koralova, I'm sure Adrestia won't object." Sliding out the second drawer on her trolley, Anne picked up the vial of the SGC's all in one agent, filled a syringe with 50cc's of the yellowish clear liquid. She wiped a sterile swab over the woman's right bicep then gently administered the vaccination. "There now, you're all set. And no, I don't watch the news or listen to the radio for that matter, at least it's easy listening music. So thank you for informing me on both accounts. One of the reasons I switch off from the news media is because of the damage they do so often on many issues. Freedom of the Press is one thing, stirring up fear and dissension is another thing altogether." She could expand on that of course. 

"Jack tends to mistrust a lot of people lately, too much has happened over the last three years of our operations for him to warm up to anyone easily. I feel the same way unless it's someone I know well as I do both you and Sydney, Malcolm and as of now I think everyone on this base will be stepping lightly around him." A statement of fact, with a little gloss added.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:44:54 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #883 on: February 20, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »

The blonde with the service bun looked up from the desk over her glasses. She removed those to look the man up and down as if she was at the stud sale yards. Not that she was in the market of course but it didn't hurt to see what was around and at his age she didn't doubt he was happily married. His accent was charming though, she could easily listen to that all day. Kim looked around checking if anyone else was there. Nope. "That would be me then. What can I do for you?" She didn't recognize his rank, so the question was left wide open. She did though see that he wore a non US uniform and she knew he was British, beyond that he'd have to tell her.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #884 on: February 21, 2019, 05:05:43 AM »

It had been marginally embarrassing to have realised that he had found the Lt. Colonel almost immediately, though Mike was hardly at fault for not recognizing a person he had not met before. No harm, no foul. Neither had been his expectation that she would recognise who he was either; being that she had told him that she was there, not that she would know who he was.

"Warrant Officer Mike Baker," He introduced himself. "Just came from the payroll office and was told that I was to report to you for further medical evaluation. I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time, ma'am."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66