Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 53038 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2019, 12:02:37 AM »

Tilly was up and about. After undergoing her daily exercise and workout in the gym, she felt like conquering the day. Attentive and energetic, the fully uniformed security chief explored her surroundings. There were many decks to go through and Tilly had all day to check them out. People she passed greeted her, so she returned the nod while going about her day.

Raring for something to do, she had decided to give her something to do. A task worthy of her endeavor. Somewhere in the back of her mind, a musical boost started playing. It was loud and rushing to push her on so that she could grab victory. Or something. Wearing her braided ponytail straight down in a military style, she wore her security cap. It was something that gave her the confidence for her flowery personality.

Keeping her arms behind her back, she removed one arm to trail her finger along the wall of the hallway. Turning the corner, she trailed her finger along it toward the room she had recognized. The medical room. She wanted to visit a familiar face that she met. Tilly had a type. A specific one. She just wanted to get to know her a little bit.

A door opened as Tilly nearly walked into someone that was coming out. Mumbling, she spoke, "Ah. Sorry. Didn't see you come out...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #856 on: January 21, 2019, 01:00:24 AM »

If anyone was aware of their surroundings at any time it was Ben, such a pity he hadn't taken that same care when he ran headlong into that jagged piece of fence down in Cartagena. Well he had to admit, a score or more of rather riled up Latin types shooting like loons gave you a certain extra speed with a dash of bravado when you knew you had completed your mission. As the old man would have told him, the mission isn't done until you're back home with the Missus.

So it was he was alert to someone coming down the hallway as he stepped out of the door, his quick reflexes catching the young woman with a gentle bear like hand, or was that paw. His eyes saw the girls national flag on the shoulder, a Kiwi. That made him smile. "It's okay sergeant, don't worry about it. I have a tendency to leave medical rooms rather quickly so half the faults mine really. You're new around here aren't you?" He asked for no other reason than conversation, mindful of the briefing that must be taking place downstairs by now. His wife Chris would be tickled pink to know there was a Kiwi on the base, even if she hadn't lived in New Zealand since she was ten, she was still profoundly proud of that beautiful land.   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:02:13 AM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #857 on: January 22, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »

Tilly felt his strong hands on her. Wow, such a strong grip, she mused. Noting his rank insignia, she stood to her feet in the presence of a commanding officer. Shaking her head while offering a smile, she responded while straightening up her uniform, "Crap. Now I'm embarrassed. Yes, sir. I'm new here. Sergeant, as you know by now. Tiger-lily Rose. People call me Tilly or Rose. I'm the new security person. Umm," Tilly sighed. Her heart was beating fast. She wanted to take a quick run around the base since it seemed like a slow day. Regretting taking that small caffeine drink in the mess hall as it usually quickens her pace, she exhaled, "Nice to meet you, Colonel."

Looking at his expression, she figured he was probably busy and needed to go somewhere. The sergeant inquired, "If you don't mind my asking, sir, are you headed somewhere?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:07:03 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #858 on: January 22, 2019, 04:10:36 PM »

Letting go of the young woman, Ben chuckled deeply. "Don't be Sergeant, I didn't exactly announce my exit from med bay with a fan fare, it could have as easily been anyone else." He gave her a good look up and down, she appeared fit and fresh which was a great relief from the many he'd seen come through the SGC carrying more weight on them and a sickly pallor that told him they'd had just one burger too many. "As they say in the classics, well met Tiger Lily Rose; that's some handle you have there, what do your friends call you? And before I forget my manners, Lieutenant Colonel Ben MacGregor, formerly of the Australian SAS." He started walking, slowly at first.

"I'm headed for a de-briefing downstairs, I guess you can come along as far as the briefing room door. Although given your position you'd be more than permitted to stand nearby, you know in case we were suddenly in a foothold situation or something of that nature." He might be joking but with Ben, like his sister, you would never know. "Oh and by the way, my wife is a Kiwi as well, I mean she was born there at least. So if ever you needed some familiar company I'm sure she'd love to meet you."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #859 on: January 22, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »

The sergeant rubbed her wrist before speaking, "Tilly, as my friends call me," she noted him moving slowly and walked in pace with him. It would be a nice change of pace to meet new people like this, "Sure. I'll just stand right at the door of the room just in case. Always ready for action, heh," still running high on energy, she gave a nervous sigh.

Walking along the corridor, she noted a few personnel walking by but no one was in a hurry. As a person in charge of security, she was trained with a careful eye for certain things that was amiss. Turning to Ben, she responded with a nod and smiled, "I'd like to meet her someday, sir." Placing her arms behind her back, she stepped into the line and paced a bit till she was on par with his walking speed. The Kiwi was well athletic that she could run a marathon with just about anyone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:08:50 PM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #860 on: January 25, 2019, 12:27:35 AM »

"Tilly it is then, at least when we're not under the Eagle gaze of the SGC...sergeant." The man was naturally typical of the mold, Aussie to his bootlaces even if they were made in China. It was the principle. "Guarding can at times be useful, you'll hear and observe things that others might miss. Remember that." Wise words from one of his old CO's.

"You will, I'm sure of it." Then he kept on walking towards the nearest elevator.

<<To Briefing Room>>

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #861 on: January 25, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »

"Thank you, Colonel. I will remember that," Tilly remarked. Wise words from someone with possibly more experience than her.

Following him to the elevator, she kept her pace an inch behind him and kept her eyes loose as she observed her surroundings. It was the SGC, but it doesn't hurt to have practice. Entering through doors, the sergeant pressed the button to take them a level below to the briefing room. Crossing her arms behind her back, the elevator moved to their destination as the doors closed.

<<To the Briefing Room>>

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #862 on: February 07, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »

>>FROM CAYMAN ISLANDS (via Odyssey)>>

With a hum and bright flash of light, Barrett, Sydney, and TF Wolfpack were now in the Medical Unit of the SGC, thanks to the USS Odyssey.

Malcolm swung the unconscious woman in his arms onto a stretcher. He then turned around to the approaching SFs and orderly.

"Her name is Larissa Koralova, she's Russian Intelligence. She was captured but doesn't appear to have been tortured yet. Check her over, Ba'al's people may have done something while she was out." Malcolm said to the orderly, before looking to the SF, "She is to be kept under guard at all times until otherwise cleared, she's under investigation for a potential intel leak."

"Yes, sir." The higher ranking of the two SFs replied.

"Syd, I'd like you to stay here with her. If she comes around, talk to her. I want to know why the hell she decided to leak intel to a nutcase like Nigel Parks and then wanted us to bail her out of trouble." Malcolm said to Sydney, before turning to Major Callaghan.

"Major, thank you for your assistance on this mission. You should probably check in with Lieutenant McMillan, see if Colonel MacGregor is back yet. I know this was a bit of a rush job, and I appreciate your adaptability and speed in the matter." Malcolm said, and once he saw Larissa was being taken care of, he stepped back and headed for the nearest elevator.

"I'm going to check in with either Admiral McRaven or Colonel Davidson. I'll be back down once I'm done." He said.

@Mim @Justin

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #863 on: February 07, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »

>>FROM CAYMAN ISLANDS (via Odyssey)>>

Back to where they began albeit in a different section of the base Sydney breathed a deep sigh of relief now that she was away from that tropical heat. Not that she minded really, although he preference would have been a cool drink, reading and generally taking her ease on a deck chair beside a pool. "Considering the circumstances we did well and Callaghan, it was a pleasure working with you and your team. I hope we can do it again sometime soon."

Giving the unconscious woman a cursory look, Syd was fairly convinced that if somehow the Trust and or Ba'al was involved in her capture it was for a reason and that was not always clear yet she could be fairly certain a snake was on the offering. Pulling a chair nearby to the side of the bed with her hand on the back she kept her voice lower for no other reason than the possibility of disturbing other nearby patients was on the cards. "I'll be here Malcolm, I do need to check into Langley soon but not for a few hours yet. As soon as someone on duty here turns up we should have a look at the girl's head first up, or at least do a Naquada scan on her don't you think?"

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #864 on: February 10, 2019, 08:04:35 AM »

>>From Cayman Islands>>

Callaghan materialised in the SGC's medical area where he let go of his rifle and let it sling in front of him. He reached for his helmet and held it in front of him after he took it off. He could see an indentation in the side. A bullet had grazed it. The Major could do nothing but smile at his luck.

Then the agents spoke to him. "No problem sir. Happy to be of assistance" he said, shrugging off the praise. This was quite literally part of his job now. Though he'd be happy if he could actually do what his team was supposed to do: covert reconnaissance.

With one final look at the agents and the woman they'd rescued, Callaghan left them and motioned for his team to follow him. "Alright, go hand in your stuff at the armoury and meet me there" he said as he took off his vest. He handed his vest and rifle to one of his men and began walking towards the bunker.

>>Blackbird bunker>>
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #865 on: February 10, 2019, 06:37:59 PM »

Generally things were slow to normal in the SGC infirmary unless there had been a spate of Siler like accidents, or someone being taken care of in the post op ward, it was business as usual in this part of the base; meaning quiet peace, making beds and doing rounds. That was what Kim was doing when the Task Force team member was sent to her straight of a mission, the same mission that had Ben Mac down here and since sent back with some reluctance on her part. She found the man waiting in Triage, complaining of stomach pains and a quick assessment found it nothing more constipation. Having given the Chief Warrant Officer a quick acting suppository, she waiting by the Men's room door for the results. "How ya all doin in there Mister Hurley?" She said after around 3 or 4 minutes.

@Thaddeus

While she waited, Kim swore she heard the sound of a beam in two rooms down the hallway. They'd have to wait, or she could call one of the Nurses to attend to that situation. She chose the latter. "Lieutenant Douglas, we have a beam in, room 9, please go and see who it is."

Having made all the beds, washed one of their 3 ongoing post op patients, Kylie found a free moment to do other important tasks, one being checking the medication files against what has been issued out on the previous shift. She had just finished that when Kim's call came. "On my way Colonel." She replied giving her radio a tap.

<<Med Bay, A & E ward room 9>>

Syd was on the verge of calling someone, anyone right at that moment when a young Nurse came to the room. "Finally, I thought I'd have to yell murder or something." She said impatiently.

"I'm sorry, I did come as soon as I could." Kylie might have been fairly new but she wasn't going to be a batting post either. "Can you brief me quickly please." Two steps to the bed and she was taking a pulse, hooking up monitors and everything else that went with the care of a patient.

"Yes, well I guess I should say sorry myself Lieutenant. We just grabbed this woman from..." Syd was unsure how much she could say really. "...I'm agent Bristow CIA, I've been assigned with Agent Barrett on covert Earth missions, so I really can't tell you too much. All I can say is she is important and the SGC needs to speak with her asap. I believe she might have been drugged."

"I see. Look I've done what I can for now. Sit tight while I call the duty Doctor in okay?"

"That will be good enough." She went back to just watching Larissa. Time was a pain in the rear on most days.

"Doctor MacGregor this is Lieutenant Douglass in A & E nine, could you come down here as soon as possible please." Hopefully the radios were working correctly, they did have an issue with them during the morning shift. Kylie waited for the reply.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #866 on: February 10, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »

There was nothing more unfortunate than having to go down during a mission. Hurley had been kicking himself all the way to the Med Bay, sitting in Triage waiting for some sort of OK that he was ready to go back; it was nothing short of embarrassing. Frack it, he might have been getting on in age but he was not about to be held hostage to an upset stomach. He had not suffered through Hell Week and made it onto SEAL team or become a CW5 to start complaining about a stomach ache.

Of course it was no short truth that he was getting on in years, but Hurley was not about to let that stop him.

However, it had stopped him from getting off the can until the suppository did its designated job. Hurley shut his eyes, sighing some as he finished off his business for what he hoped to be the last time before he was returned to the task force, lightly punching the wall of the toilet.

"How ya all doin in there Mister Hurley?"

"Never held much belief in suppositories, but you might just have changed my mind, colonel." He replied, voice echoing slightly against the walls.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #867 on: February 10, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »

<<From CO's Office>>

<Med Bay, A & E ward room 9>
Stopping by the cafeteria Anne had her carry always stainless steel travel mug filled with today's version of coffee. It wasn't the worst she's had. A few sips later and one elevator ride saw her marching down the med bay halls, hearing the radio call she ignored it as she was a mere twenty feet away from the destination when the call came.

Turning into the room she found a rather different scene than she expected. Her daughter's doppleganger Sydney whom she knew quite well now and the shock of seeing an almost identical twin of Cate was long gone now. "Sydney, how are you lass?" She asked before joining the nurse. "What have we here Kylie?" her eyes looked down on the sleeping woman, then back up to the bedside monitor screen. She appeared to be normal for the most part, although for some reason Anne thought she saw an echo on the vital signs as if there were two readings. Perhaps her head wasn't quite clear enough yet.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #868 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:26 AM »

<Triage>

A big shadow cast over the light behind Kim so there was no guessing who owned the ever so silent boots that if it were anyone else would have scared the hell out of her. Not Ben though, he was far too much of a gentleman to do that to a woman, giving himself away before he was that close. "Hurley down here still Kim?" He asked quietly, hearing voices from a little further down in another room.

Kim looked up at the tanned and bearded Aussie, he could make a woman's heart beat just that much faster (even though she was well aware he was utterly devoted to his wife and kids, a woman can't help being a woman can she?). She tapped the wall beside the men's room door lightly as an indicator as to where Mister Hurley was located. "He shouldn't be long Ben, it is as ya'll might say a delicate operation. What goes in must come out eventually you know."

Being the son of a doctor didn't take 2+2 to figure out the Kentucky born woman's diagnosis; god he'd been there done that enough times himself. It was the curse of the soldiers life. You either had the runs, or the very opposite on many missions or shortly thereafter. "So he has an impediment to the flow of his plumbing eh?"

Bingo! The man was bright to boot. "Yeah, that'd be a fitting description. You can wait for him if you like as I won't need to see him once he's done. Although I'd like to give him some advice on avoiding that next time. But like all of you I think that would be like talking to a brick wall wouldn't it?" She started back for the Nurse's station.

"Pretty much." Ben waited for the blonde to be out of sight before he announced his arrival. "Hey Hurley. That is one hell of a way to leave a de-brief man, I wish I had thought of it. You okay in there?"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:31:22 PM by Mim »

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #869 on: February 11, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »

<Triage>

It seemed like things were about done settling, his stomach gave one last empty gurgle as he rubbed his hand on his face. He didn't like just sitting around waiting for something to happen, there had been far too many days in his younger years where he had to button up and head out because their base had come under incoming fire.

"Hey Hurley. That is one hell of a way to leave a de-brief man, I wish I had thought of it. You okay in there?"

"Ah, MacGregor, that was you standing out there. Thought I heard a new voice." Hurley replied, clearing his throat some as he tucked himself all back in and flushed the toilet; making sure that he left it in usable condition for the next person who needed it. It wasn't going to smell very nice but he used holes worse than this. "Yeah, it's a useful exfil."

Hurley finally stepped out of the toilet, going about to the sink as he glanced upwards at the CO in the mirror, noting the absence of the Lt. Colonel. Guess that was the green light he was waiting for then. "Stomach cramps, I'm good to go. I miss anything important?"
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66

lethal-pageant