Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 87982 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 343
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #975 on: August 17, 2019, 07:58:27 AM »

It is now Tuesday October 4th 2011 0730 hours

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #976 on: February 09, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »

<OR-2>

Focusing on her work, Emily fitted the last of the screws that would hold the 'Robertson' pin and plate in place on poor Siler's femur. Before the operation, she took the liberty of reading his file, being utterly taken aback by the number of injuries he had sustained in the sixteen years he'd been at the SGC. Some serious, but none as serious as breaking his left leg just below the lesser trochanter. He was going to have to get used to slowing down after this; age was definitely catching up to him, for a much younger Siler would simply have bounced back with a sore hip rather than fracturing it as he did.

With her job done she looked up at her team, quietly thanking them all but wishing as much as she enjoyed this, Carrie or Mike had been there with her, for nothing else but support. It was different here than at the Alpha Site, quicker, noisier and with far more people around her, she missed the down time she could catch with Noah now and then. Get some fresh air when she wanted to. "Close up for me if you would please Ruby."

"Aye lass." The older woman held Em's shoulder for a brief moment. "If'n none other will tell you, you did well Em." Beneath the mask she smiled, leaving Emily to get herself cleaned up. For Ruby's part, this was her last job at the SGC, within another hour or less she was back to the ship. Many of the same crew but a new ship just the same, one they had been getting into shape for the last few months now.

"Thank you." The reply was partly muffled by her mask. The gloves came off and as she walked to the scrub room, Emily reflected on the year past. Finishing her studies finally and more, being promoted to full Lieutenant. She was still effectively an intern, but no one ever referred to her in that way, not with her skills and experience. Then the quiet and peace of that year on the Alpha Site, with her and Noah grabbing every chance they could to explore the wide lands.  Even Noah's promotion came through in September, something to celebrate; then finally the worst had come, they were transferred to the SGC in November. And while Emily loved both Carrie and Anne, they were tough at times to work under; there were a few days here and there when the stress got to her. No, it wasn't quite the same.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:31:10 PM by Mim »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • NG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has Ascended
« Reply #977 on: February 10, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »

>> From the Car park >>

It didn’t take long for her to locate her newest apprentice just outside OR-2. Emily looked satisfied, and tired, but Carrie took that as good sign, it usually meant you’d given it all in there.
To be honest, she was jealous of her younger colleague for being the the one performing the surgery - sometimes it felt like the times between surgeries - real, orthopedic hammer and nail kind of surgery - were way to scarce and far apart nowadays.
“Hey. How did it go?” Carrie kept her voice neutral as she looked through the window in to the OR where she got a quick ‘thumbs up’ from Andy as he made some final preparations of the patient before waking him up. Replying with a curt nod, Carrie silenced the loud speaker before turning back to Em, waiting for the reply.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:19:19 AM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #978 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »

With a weary smile, it was still the best smile in the SGC with her little gap between her two front teeth, Emily added to Carrie's wave to Andy through the window. "Marvellous Carrie, marvellous!" She repeated. "Although, scary in a way. The femur was shattered in two places and man, that Siler has bones harder than a horses. It took four of us to get it aligned before..." Realising she was starting to ramble, knowing Carrie had 'been there, done that'; Em stopped. "It was good, but as you might guess tiring. The plate after it was delivered had to be bent a little to fit, then after sixteen screws and some cussing, we got it in the end."

Leaning against the wall, Em wiped a little sweat from her brow. Winter be buggered; she was feeling hot. "Can I recommend Siler gets his eyes checked. I looked at his file, he hasn't had new glasses in six years and the man is fifty six years old. I think his vision might have something to do with his fall."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #979 on: February 18, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »

A somewhat older, slightly greyer Anne MacGregor rounded the corner some ten metres up from where Carrie and Emily were speaking. While she had dropped by over the last year or so now and then; this was the first time since  been transferred to DC that she might be able to talk to her girls in any practical way.

Seeing them engaged as they were, as well as catching a glimpse of Andy within the OR, Anne instinctively knew something worthwhile and important had just taken place. She could wait. Finding a chair in the hallway she sat comfortably to ease her old legs. Or perhaps she thought that should merely be 'tired' legs. Anne despised flying at the best of times. Since this visit was merely social (for the time being), for once she was out of that stuffy uniform, wearing instead a lovely soft brown woolen dress, with matching coat. Decent shoes and of course given the weather, thermal underwear. Although the last she could dispense with in the warmth of the SGC.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:58:19 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • NG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has Ascended
« Reply #980 on: February 26, 2021, 08:12:21 AM »

Carrie slipped a small grin about her enthusiastic young colleague, “Told you ortho could get rather physical from time to time. Now you know why I keep spending time in the gym.”
Shooting a glance through the window where Ruby finished up and Andy, with the help of some orderlies moved Siler out of the OR and towards the ward, the CMO nodded, “Yeah, you do that. In periods, he spends more time down here then me. And that’s way to much to be healthy for a non-medic. Now,” she turned back to Em, “Get yourself freshened up about I’ll look forward to sign off your report about this in half an hour.”
She knew 30 minutes would be a push at this point for the young woman, but at the same time, if she managed to do it in around 30 today, she’d have a chance to make it under 15 during a crisis later on.
Carrie caught a movement in the corner of her eye, and even though she didn’t catch the face, the way the woman moved, she knew who it was even in civilian clothing.
“I’ll catch you later Em. Now shower, eat, report. In that order.” And with a nod she turned and moved down the hallway.

“Anne! So good to see you again! When did you get back? And what brings you here? I’m afraid you just missed Cate by a few minutes.” All while closing in on Anne, Carrie grinned and opened her arms to offer her boss a warm, welcome back hug.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #981 on: February 26, 2021, 04:36:27 PM »

There was simply no time for familiarities, she knew she had been down here longer than expected. That was all due to Siler's damned bones, God! She thought some men had tough bones, his were like steel almost to get into place.

As she left the 'scrub' room from the outer door, she caught sight of Anne and Carrie; the best she could do was smile and wave a moment before the Invincible's Asgard beam took her away. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2021, 05:25:33 AM »

Her fair head bobbed up and down, easily she could see the merit in that. "Yes Carrie I am beginning to realise in some aspects I'm not as good as I thought I was." She touched her arm at the bicep, physically she was extremely fit, but she was lacking in the muscle department. "I did do a lot of gym work back on the Alpha site, but I haven't been near the one here since I arrived. If there are anymore cases like Siler come my way I really need to bulk up don't I?" In her mind she could see herself downing litres of protein shakes.

Moving on she smiled again at the orders given, there was one thing she was good at, writing reports. "Twenty nine minutes boss, it'll be in your email." As the SGC's CMO moved away, Emily saw Anne MacGregor not far away, she waved and waved again as she caught sight of Ruby leaving. "Shower, eat, report. Got it." It was more of a mumble as Carrie was already embracing the Surgeon General.

<<To rooms>>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:46:49 AM by Mim »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2021, 06:45:59 AM »

There was no hesitation with Anne's acceptance of Carrie's hug; she warmly embraced her, glad for that familiar touch that comes only from friends and family. Something that was blatantly missing in her life in DC, other than Jack and he was rarely there these days. "It's good to see you my girl, damned good!"

"About an hour ago." She said reluctantly pushing away. Her face took on a solemn expression then as she replied. "Q and A. Would you believe it? The IOA has gone all corporate on us now, we have to initiate a quality assurance program here with all the bells and whistles, I came here personally to give you the heads up. I didn't want you to be alone when those stuffed shirted turkeys arrive this afternoon." When was that? Her mind searched for that conversation she had back in Washington. Ah yes. "Just after lunch."

The mention of her daughter caught Anne off guard for a minute. Her face went still, then creased into a smile. "Typically. She sent me an text message last night. 'Mum, going off for a while, see you soon.' And that was it, no xxx's or love hearts, just that." She almost felt like laughing.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal