Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 22 Base Cafe and kitchens- Isolation Room  (Read 14958 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Stargate Command- Level 22 Base Cafe and kitchens- Isolation Room
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »

Sarah was still very unsteady on her feet.  Oh, Sean was not going to be happy with her when he found out how sick she had been.  She let Carrie help her along though, feeling ill again.  Sarah shook her head. "Probably the last week or so.  Only the past couple of days have been this bad though," she admitted softly, but had to nod. "Me too."

<<To med bay of infirmary>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

*Base PA*

"Attention. General Caldwell, Commodore MacGregor and Colonel Roche, please report to the control room asap please."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord is looked down upon.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 10:12:15 PM »

The commotion had ended, those who had caused it departed, and Roche gave it no more thought as he continued with breakfast.  As he expected, the food here wasn't as good as his native France, but it wasn't the worst he had ever tasted.  It filled him and the French Roast woke him up, and that was what mattered, though it not tasting like cardboard was good too.

He was nearly done when the call came over the PA for him.  Wondering what it could be, he dropped off his tray and departed, still chewing on his croissant as he left at a brisk walk.

<<To SGC Level 28 - Gate Room>>
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:26 AM »

Leading her two charges from one level to the next, in rather spiritual silence as it were, Fran brought finally to the cafe. She swung the doors open to find the place devoid of anyone except a lone figure sitting in a corner reading. That was Anne, you could pick her out in a crowded room anywhere despite her small size as everyone else would be texting on their cellphones, Anne would be the only one with a book in her hands. "There she is Bob, do you want to surprise her?"

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
  • mad_gater A new starter.
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

{Rev. Col. Robert F. Sheen}
{Lukas Sadorav}

Robert and Lukas both smiled as they recognized Anne, an oftentimes mother hen to some of the orphaned kids who attended Mass.  She always did like her books thought Lukas fondly.

Robert walked up to her silently and smiled.  "Mrs. MacGregor you haven't changed a bit," he said jovially.
“Knowing belongs to man's intellect or reason; loving belongs to his will. The object of the intellect is truth; the object of the will is goodness or love.” - the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 12:53:01 AM »

'DEFCON THREE'. *Followed by an automated status announcement*

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:32 PM »

She might be old, or older than most in the SGC, but certainly Anne wasn't deaf either. In spite of Robert's attempt at a stealthy sneak arrival by her side she continued to read her book, a rather hefty tome on the breeding of Quarter Horses, one of Anne's passions among many. She pretended for a long moment not to notice his and indeed Lukas's presence, preferring to draw the suspense out a little. When she did finally accede to them being there she did so with her usual taciturn manner.

"Why I believe its the most Reverend Robert Sheen come in from the cold? Oh and Lukas Sadarov to. Now what in God's name has brought you two back into the fold? Not enough demons in DC to exorcise?" Of course you had to remember who she was and where she came from, that Australian trait of irreverent humor always at the forefront. She placed the book down calmly, stood gracefully placing her arms around her old friend. "Bob its good to see you, it has been a while. Please sit down both of you. Oh and thank you for the compliment, although I'd have to disagree, I've a dozen more at least grey hairs since we last saw each other. And Lukas." She touched him lightly on the arm. "You've filled out a little haven't you?"

It was at that point she both heard and saw the DEFCON alarm. "Bugger, I was about to head off home." She said absently.

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 10:12:51 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

{Lukas Sadorav}

"I think it would take quite a miracle to get the demons out of DC," said Robert with a chuckle.  "And I see you can still be counted on to have your nose buried in a book," he said grinning.

"Actually I can appreciate a good book too though I tend to prefer good clean classic fantasy," said Lukas with a smile.  "And yes I've apparently 'hulked out' as some people have put it.  And I owe it all to clean living," he said with a cheeky smirk.

Then they both heard the DEFCON alert as well.  "Hope this isn't Dr. Felger's doing," said Lukas, who'd heard of the legendary mishaps of the nervous and excitable Dr. Jay Felger.
“Knowing belongs to man's intellect or reason; loving belongs to his will. The object of the intellect is truth; the object of the will is goodness or love.” - the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »

"There's nothing like a happy reunion I always say." Fran was the one most turned to when times called for getting folks together who for one reason or another hadn't seen each other for a long time. She had been spending the better part of the last six months reuniting SG team members that had gone their separate way due to new assignments and postings, it was the fun part of her job, seeing those happy faces. 

Taking the few steps from the door to the table joining the others when wouldn't you know it that old familiar emergency pops up just like an urgent call to the ladies room. "Sorry folks I'll have to leave you all, as they say duty calls." She turned on her heal then and there making back the way she came.

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »

{Lukas Sadorav}

Lukas and Robert both nodded at the departing chaplain.  "So how it been going with you guys.  It's been a long time since we last talked," said Robert.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 06:17:10 PM »

Curling her hands together on the table Anne took on a pensive look, as if she were searching for something, that elusive connection to the past. Finally when she could break her silence, it was quite a softened tone she used and with good reason. "You don't know yet do you? Cate is alive." That was the one single saving grace she had now in her life since Will was taken from her, that and her new grandchild. "Around the same time Ben and my daughter in law just gave birth to another daughter. He is currently at the Antarctic Station, though hopefully he'll be rotated home soon. So, in the year or there abouts since we last saw each other, more so for you Lukas. Has anything dramatic happened for you? I mean other than coming back here?" Of course she was happy to see them both, Anne's demeanor though had taken a slight downhill ride over the last little while.

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »

Curling her hands together on the table Anne took on a pensive look, as if she were searching for something, that elusive connection to the past. Finally when she could break her silence, it was quite a softened tone she used and with good reason. "You don't know yet do you? Cate is alive." That was the one single saving grace she had now in her life since Will was taken from her, that and her new grandchild. "Around the same time Ben and my daughter in law just gave birth to another daughter. He is currently at the Antarctic Station, though hopefully he'll be rotated home soon. So, in the year or there abouts since we last saw each other, more so for you Lukas. Has anything dramatic happened for you? I mean other than coming back here?" Of course she was happy to see them both, Anne's demeanor though had taken a slight downhill ride over the last little while.

{Lukas Sadorav}

"She's alive?  But how?" asked a clearly surprised Robert.  "And congratulations on the new grandchild."

"Nothing too dramatic for me," said Lukas.  "I became a licensed massage therapist.  Also caught someone trying to steal money out of the orphange's till.  He made tracks when he caught sight of me though."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

Now there was the rub, Anne at this point had no idea nor any way to answer him. "All I know so far is that two days ago she suddenly appeared at home, stark naked, her hair as dark as pitch with a white streak running from her temple, and that her hair I mean is longer than she's ever worn it. As if in this last six months or more it had just grown wild." Anne rubbed her brow momentarily to gather her wits. "I'm still getting over it Robert, but I will say this if 'he' - " She looked upwards. "- had anything to do with it, I owe him my life and sanity."

She then changed the subject, thoughts of Cate still disturbed her. "You know the old saying, two's company and three's a party. Heike is going to be flat out now with three girls and she is still weening the second." How the girl coped was beyond Anne, she had enough trouble raising just two. "Sadly Lukas life these days does have more down sides than up. I can only assume they were either addicts or someone who had reached the bottom of their well."

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »

{Lukas Sadorav}

"Well I'm glad that the good Lord found a way to help you," said Robert.  "I bet Ben is beside himself...surrounded by women," said Robert with a chuckle.

"You're right.  They probably did need the money.  Though I hope they would just ask," said Lukas.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2015, 06:51:28 PM »

Taking up the book again, Anne tucked it away in her coat pocket, took another sip of her now cold coffee which didn't bother her at all. "Well I suppose it could be looked at that way from a man's point of view Robert, although as we both know Ben well enough I think he'd rather hanging with his mates than be surrounded as you say by women. He's far too much like his father on that score." It was getting time for her to find out what the DEFCON status was all about, which now would involve all personnel on the base, including Robert and Lukas. "People tend to forget that little courtesy Lukas, I think humanity has reached a point where its just take for the sake of it, asking doesn't come into the equation now. There is the 'rejection' syndrome to consider as well; that tends to cloud folks judgement more than anything."

It had gone quiet, nothing more since that alarm had sounded which was either a good or bad thing. "Come on then you two, we'll go to the briefing room and find out what this is all about."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

lethal-pageant