Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary  (Read 11979 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 251
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:20 AM »

Hours passed, night passed and Maria dreamed heavily. Her shoulder had been set, her busted arm fixed and she had a massive bandage around her head, they fortunately didn't have to take any of her hair, her one precious commodity in her opinion. Morning came and the good Doctor Daniels came and informed her, due to the situation on the Alpha Site, she was being sent home. Maria was grateful to him, sure he had fixed her up and it was now up to Maria to heal, but she was wasting her time here and anxious to see her crew mates again. Ten minutes after dressing and being signed out she was headed for the Gate Room
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:59:13 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN} NPC

*PA*

"Medical team to the gate room STAT!"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN} NPC

Satish and the two Marines did indeed meet the med team on the way. They were somewhere in between changing elevators when one of the Marines saw Doctor Daniels and 2 orderlies getting into another elevator. Only with the sound of his loud voice, were they able to save time. The orderlies took over the litter, but Satish stayed with Flynn until they had her in ICU.

{Doctor Gordon Daniels} NPC

"Thanks Satish, you may want to wait here though. Please" He said kindly.

Satish looked at Flynn, saw that she was in good hands, then gave a half smile. "No its okay Doc. I better get back to the Control Room, but let us know as soon as she's stable."

"You have my word on it. Okay people, move her into theatre. Miriel, Rachel, get her cleaned up. I'll be there shortly." He bent to Flynn, face close to hers. "We'll have you right as rain in no time Flynn, I'm Gordon Daniels."

With that, Satish left, feeling a little lighter of heart. The two nurses waited, as soon as Flynn had spoken with the MO, she'd be on her way to being brought back to the land of the living.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »

Flynn had closed her eyes and managed not to whimper too much as she was jostled on the litter.  They were trying their best.  Just every movement hurt.  Flynn wasn't sure what was still attached to her body and what wasn't.  Her head hurt and she certainly couldn't think straight.

Flynn managed to give Satish a half smile.  "Thank...you," she croaked, her brown hair falling into her ashen face.  She looked awful and it was a miracle she was still alive.  She then turned her attention back to the doctor, barely moving her head as it only made things start to swim. "Okay," she managed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »

<ICU>

The nurses wheeled Flynn away, Gordon stood there watching for a moment. Once she was screened off and her privacy assured, he stood outside the screen. "If you need anything now for pain Flynn let me know. Otherwise if you can manage to speak, it will save a lot of time if you can briefly tell me where you're hurting, before we examine you."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:07:25 AM »

Flynn wasn't sure if pain medication would do any good.  She hurt everywhere.  She opened her eyes briefly as the doctor spoke to her. "Pick a place....that doesn't hurt," she whispered, trying to make a joke.  It was easy to see that her leg was a big problem.  Bone was visible and there was no way she could move it if she tried. "Head," she managed.  "Some kind...of device.  Took...memories."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »

<ICU>

{Lieutenant Rachel McAdams} NPC

While Flynn talked, Rachel and the other Nurse, Miriel, got busy cleaning Flynn up. They were extremely gentle with her, know she was in a bad way. It took them ten minutes or so, and even though as delicate as they were, Flynn must have felt every single move they made. But soon enough it was over and they slipped a ward gown on her, taking all her clothes away to be burned, they were useless to Flynn now. Her personal possessions, they placed in a sealed bag. "She's ready for you now Doctor Daniels."

Gordon pulled the curtain back, allowing his nurses to leave. At Flynn's bedside, he made sure that she was comfortable with him. "I'll look at your injuries now Flynn, if at any time I hurt you, don't hesitate to let me know okay?"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:49:13 PM »

Flynn whimpered softly as the nurses tried to be as gentle as possible.  She knew they didn't mean to hurt her, but there wasn't really anyway around that.  Not with how extensive her injuries were.  She probably would have been squirming if it didn't hurt so dang bad to do so.  Instead she lay in quiet pain, moans and whimpers the only sounds she made.  She looked up when the doctor walked in again.  She already felt naked without her necklace from Fred.

The young woman nodded. "Okay," she said softly.  "It will hurt...no matter...what."  She really didn't know the extent of her injuries, but she knew they weren't good.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »

<ICU>

Flynn's injuries were bad, Gordon could see that even at a glance. The first thing though that needed to be taken care of was her leg; his nurses had already given her other wounds a clean and dressing, they would be looked at more closely later. She may well need a skin graft on that terrible burn on her neck as well. From the looks of it, he would say she had been tortured, that must have been the device she spoke of.

"Right, I'm going to give you a pre-op Flynn, you'll feel light but not too sleepy. Once you're in the OT, you'll be under until we can ascertain exactly what we'll do for your leg. If it needs pinning, we'll do a temporary cast here and then send you home as soon as possible. How does that sound?" Gordan pulled a trolley over by her bedside, made a small IV insertion in the top of her wrist and administered 10cc's of Fentanyl, for pain control and 15cc's of Versed to relax her as much as possible.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

Flynn lay in pain, trying not to move and not think about what she had just gone through.  She didn't want to think about anything.  Actually, all she wanted was her mother.  Her mother could fix anything.  And it had been years since she had wanted to cry on her mother's shoulder.

The young woman slowly looked toward Daniels' voice, trying to register everything he was saying.  "Alright," she said softly. "I would like...to go home."  She had no idea how bad her leg was.  She knew she couldn't move it though and that scared her.  A single tear slipped down her cheek as she tried hard not to whimper.  The pain was almost too great though.  She wasn't a soldier. She was a scientist.  She hadn't been trained for this type of thing.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »

<ICU>

With a nod of his head, Gordon pulled the covers back over Flynn, she would be almost on the point of sleeping now and that was the best thing for her. His two Nurses and an orderly came in, pulled her bed around and as they wheeled her to the OT, Gordon bent close to Flynn's head, while she still had some consciousness. "The pain should be quite manageable now Flynn. As soon as we have you under, we'll do an x-ray, then set your leg. I'll attend to your other injuries as well, so you'll be up and about in no time. Given that hopefully you don't need any further surgery, you should be cleared for light duties in six weeks."

<To OT1>

{Captain/Doctor Angelica Dawson USN} NPC

As the orderlies wheeled Flynn to the operating theatre, Gordon walked beside her, keeping an eye on the small machine attached to her and sitting on a tray at the end of the gurney. She was steady and stable which was a good thing. Once inside, another Doctor came over and for a moment the two medics were in deep conversation. Flynn's blood type had already been matched and several litres were on hand just in case. Gordon stood at the side, near her the anaesthetist, Doctor Angelica Dawson was behind her head. She placed a mask over Flynn's face. "Start counting from 100 backwards Flynn, and sweet dreams to you. We'll see you on the other side."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

<ICU>

Flynn's eyes were half closed already.  Whatever he had given her was starting to work and she was actually able to relax a bit despite the pain in her leg and arm.  She didn't want to think about anything else either as the torture at the hands of the Borg had been something that would haunt her dreams for a long time to come.  "Thank...you," she managed as she drifted further into sleep.

Flynn didn't even respond to Angelica as she started to count backward.  She didn't even make it to twenty before she was out.  Her skin was still pale though, but thankfully her breathing was even.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »

((OOC I'm going under the presumption of a three hour time difference between here and the SGC))

<OT1>

{Captain/Doctor Angelica Dawson USN} NPC

After two long hours, the operation was completed. Luckily for Flynn, her leg wasn't as bad as it looked at first. Yes it was an 'Impacted' fracture, her femur snapping cleanly in two, about 150mm above the knee. With some strong hands from two of the orderlies though, that was soon set straight and Flynn now wore a fibreglass cast from just below her groin to her foot. A pin and plate had been fitted, which would allow Flynn to get up and about without crutches in a few days. She would be in the cast for approximately 4 weeks depending on how well she heals, but there was no reason why she couldn't return to light duties after 10 days or so rest.

The wound was another thing, it was neatly sutured, only infection would be regarded as an issue, Flynn would have to be diligent in keeping it clean. The burn on her neck was attended to as well, a small skin graft using the latest technology took care of that, and an old wound on her arm, a day or two past was repaired.

"How she doing Angelica?" Gordon asked as he finished.

"Fine, she's a strong girl. I can see her doing laps of the SGC pool soon." She replied, her eyes giving off her smile.

"Good then, we're done here. Rachel, you can move her into post op and recovery now if you would. I have one of the locals to attend to." He took off his gloves, left the OT by the scrubs room and left his team to clean up.

*30 minutes later*

Doing her rounds was easy, for the moment, Flynn was Rachel's only charge. She was reading her chart and monitoring the machines, when Flynn's eyes fluttered a little. Rachel went to her side. "Hey there Flynn, how are you doing?" She asked quietly. "I'm Rachel by the way."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:25:39 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »

<OT1>

Flynn never even moved during the whole procedure.  She would whimper every once in a while, but it was more in reaction to a dream or the slight movement then actual pain.  It took her a while to come back around though and when she did wake, she couldn't remember where she was.  Nothing was real clear to her to begin with.

Flynn turned her head slightly, squinting her gray blue eyes.  She thought she had heard the voice before, but she couldn't place a name or face with it.  "Sore.  What...happened?" she asked, her voice still hoarse and her throat a bit raw.  She only knew bits and pieces.  The last clear thing Flynn could remember was dialing up the gate to get home.  Then instant pain shooting through her leg as she was flung through the gate.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »

<Post Op, recovery ward>

Rachel was a big girl, rather big. She would give the immediate image to most of that Australian girl, Rebel Wilson, in fact she had much the same sense of humour. Only where Rebel's hair was blond, Rachel's was a deep red auburn. She had rosy cheeks and a jolly face that just wanted you to find a reason to laugh. "You were pretty beat up Flynn, somehow you managed to gate here, this is the Alpha site hospital. The Doctors have just managed to put you all back together and I must say, humpty dumpty would be very envious of you." She grinned broadly and took a chair. "Don't ask for anything just now, no water or food for at least a few hours, you'd only give me a job cleaning you up. Think you can manage that? Oh, would you like General Chalmers to see you? Our commander. I guess you might want to send a message home."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17