Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary  (Read 10609 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 11:55:30 PM »

"Poor is what I would describe them as. Papa never did a days work in his life, not real work anyway. Was merely content to fishing and making bootleg. He said too often, he had too much intelligence to cope with the stresses of paid work. Mama, she brought home the bacon when she could, either as a secretary for the Sheriff, or writing articles for the local paper." In truth Rachel would have to admit, it was mama who really had the brains, even if she never finished high school. "You might laugh Flynn, but I had more guys chasing after me, than my sisters ever did or have. Don't know why, but one boy said to me once, he found my brains sexy? Go figure. Anyway girl, lets get you up. Lean on me, lower your good leg down gently, then bring the left down slowly, but keep all your weight on me okay?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »

Flynn was surprised by Rachel's words.  One thing her parents had instilled in both her and Guy was never be afraid of hard work.  And neither of them were.  They'd jump in at a moment's notice.  She smiled at her new friend though. "Sounds like they made the right choice then," she grinned.  She pretty much ignored the guys when she was in school.  Flynn wasn't looking forward to this, but she carefully swung her good leg to the ground, wincing slightly as she moved.  She nearly fell, but thankfully Rachel was right there to keep her steady.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »

The aluminium crutches had already been set for Flynn's height while she was under a little early, standard procedure. Rachel put them one at a time beneath each of her arms, gently. "I think they did. Besides, I've never seen two people so much in love as my folks and that is all that really counts ain't it?" She said.

Rachel stood in front, her hands on Flynn's shoulders. "Now, lean forward just a little, right foot first, half a step, as that one touches the floor, with your crutches in front, swing the left up to meet the right, then repeat the procedure. I'll step away as soon as you're ready."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »

Flynn gave Rachel a smile.  She liked the nurse and it made it a lot easier to go through all the pain.  "That is the important thing," she agreed with a smile.  Rachel made it so easy to talk to her.

Flynn took a deep breath.  She hadn't used crutches since she was a kid and her leg hadn't been injured this badly.  Of course she still wasn't sure what her injuries were.  All she knew was that she hurt.  She nodded and tried to follow Rachel's instructions, but gasped in pain and nearly buckled.  Apparently her leg was injured worse then she thought.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »

"You're doing well Flynn, don't let the pain be your enemy, embrace it. Remember what Alex said in Madagascar, 'Melman, its all in your head' " She stepped back to allow Flynn a little more room and movement, yet stayed within arms reach in front of her. It was important at this early stage for a patient to find their confidence, a breakdown in that now, will see them take longer to walk and consequently, the healing will take longer as well. "That pain you are feeling, is not the break, its the result of the surgery, it will pass the more you do... to an extent. So, to the door and back Flynn, then you can rest, for a bit."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »

Flynn wasn't so sure she was doing well, but if Rachel said so then she had to believe it. A slight smile touched her lips at Rachel's next words. "Alright, I'll try to remember that." She hadn't realized that.  she didn't remember anything about surgery.  She barely remembered getting to the Alpha Site.  All that she could really remember clearly was the torture.  Even memories of her past were very blurry.  "I'll give it a try." Flynn gritted her teeth and carefully made her way toward the door.  It took quite a bit out of her to get there and back again.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 02:17:34 AM »

"You're doing great Flynn, I've seen big burly marines break down and cry at this point....come on girl, push it, go back again!" Rachel told her. She could be hard at times, but in truth it was all for Flynn's benefit. The more she worked at this point, the quicker she would recover. Rachel though, did stay quite close, just in case.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »

Flynn was close to tears when she finally got back to the bed and collapsed on it.  She closed her eyes and tried to stop shaking.  It had taken all her will power to make it back again. "I can see why," she managed to say, although her voice shook.  This certainly wasn't going to be an easy road to recovery.  Flynn was way too stubborn to give up though.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »

Watching Flynn, was something akin to watching pain in motion. Rachel would be the first to admit, the girl had spirit though, yet there was a point that one would reach where you would simply give and think 'this is madness'. The chief nurse didn't want Flynn to reach that point, at any stage. "Rest now Flynn, see if you can manage to sit on your own... in the chair." She pointed to the big comfy hospital arm chair provided for her. "Once you've had a chance to catch your breath, we'll go into the hallway for a bit of length. If you've satisfied me you can do that without falling over, we'll tackle the stairs next." He grin was definitely devilish.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »

Flynn was breathing a bit hard, but refused to complain.  She was not going to be stuck in a hospital bed.  She wanted to get back home, not to mention she felt vulnerable this way and she wasn't giving the Borg an easy target if they came back.  Flynn collapsed into the chair, but winced.  She gripped the arm as she pulled herself to a sitting position.  "Darn, I've never hurt this much," she said through grit teeth.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46:13 PM »

"You have actually Flynn, remember your first hit it the chest at softball, the first time your coach in high school pushed you harder than you ever thought possible. Remember all those painful times as a teenager, when you thought the whole world was against you? I do, every day of it, this is easy." Rachel could be a very hard task master, she had to be. Finally she said. "Think of all those boys and girls coming home from Afghanistan, arms and legs missing and they don't have access to the care we could give them here or in the SGC. So... still hurting?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »

The young woman looked up at Rachel with wide eyes that only looked wider thanks to the makeup job Rachel had done for her.  Flynn hadn't even taken the time to consider all of that.  Right now she was just pitying herself and there really wasn't a reason to.  She was still alive.  Well, mostly.  Okay she would have nightmares the rest of her life and she was pretty sure that there were things that she wasn't remembering clearly. "Mmm, no, I'm not," she whispered, feeling embarrassed.  "Guess I have no reason to complain."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »

"Good!" Rachel nodded, maybe she had been a little extreme and maybe she 'might' have lied a little about the marines, but it did have the desired effect. "Now before we set off on our next little adventure, I think enough time has passed for you to have a bit to eat, small mind you, but something at least. Think you might manage that Flynn? I know for sure I could do with something, wouldn't want to have me waste away would you?" That last remark was extremely unlikely.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »

Rachel's plan had worked.  Flynn wasn't feeling sorry for herself at the moment.  Still hurting and the dreams would come back as soon as she closed her eyes, but for the moment those were behind her.  Flynn smiled a bit. "I am a little hungry," she agreed.  She couldn't recall the last time she had actually eaten.  And eaten something worth eating.  Yes, the Borg had fed her, but the food certainly wasn't good.  Flynn cracked a smile at Rachel's last words.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 11:37:13 PM »

"Good, that's what I was hoping to hear. It tells me you are not in the least bit queasy. I know you won't be going anyway, so I don't have to say wait here do I?" Rachel gave a big cheesy grin, stood up straight, then began walking towards exit. "I'd love to say it was going to be burgers and fries, but sadly no. Should be good anyway." She went smartly from Flynn's sight, heading for the Medical division kitchens, it was staffed 24 hours a day, so getting something suitable wasn't a problem.

Fifteen minutes later Rachel came back, carrying a large hospital tray, with two covered dishes on it, some fresh bread rolls, those little plastic packets of butter and honey and two hot cups of milky sweet tea. She placed the tray on a bed trolley, lowered it down to Flynn's height in her chair, pulled up another less comfortable one for herself and sat opposite. She lifted the lids to reveal what looked like grilled trout with fresh salad and mayo. "So, think you can manage?" Rachel was beaming, because whatever Flynn couldn't eat, she would.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16