Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary  (Read 17298 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »

Flynn shook her head. "No, I'm actually not," she said, surprised herself. "More hungry now."  She chuckled a bit at Rachel's next words. "ah, nope I'm stuck here for a bit.  No worries."  Even though she could stand a bit she would never get far.  Flynn smiled as Rachel slipped out the door.  She was glad to have a nurse with a cheery attitude.  Made it easier to stay up built.

The food smelled good when Rachel came back in and Flynn's stomach gave a growl.  "Oops," she laughed.  "Ooh, and tea.  I haven't had a hot drink in well, I don't want to think how long."  It would only make her think about her time with the Borg and at the moment she didn't want to remember that as it would only flip her out again.  "Ooh, it looks wonderful.  thank you, Rachel."    Flynn picked up a fork to dig into her meal.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »

As they started to eat, Flynn would have been surprised at Rachel's delicate manner of eating, given her appearance, something people often took for granted. Yes she was a big girl, but you wouldn't find too much actual fat on her, most of it was just her sheer size, and quite solid. Yet she ate like a sparrow, taking small bites and eating slowly; which gave her time to talk. "The trout is originally from Arkansas, the locals didn't have any decent native stream fish worth eating. Now they can't get enough of it and have successfully filled every river from here north and south for a hundred miles." She said nonchalantly. "The potatoes in the salad came from Tasmania, same dealio, most of what we eat here has been introduced to the El Cavaleiros, they were never big on farming, so we've helped them no end there."

She ate a little more. "The Chef owes me, so you're welcome, and we have plenty of tea, that at least is local, a little stronger than our own isn't it?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

Flynn caught herself glancing up from time to time at Rachel.  She had a feeling that the other woman would continue to surprise her. Flynn ate her food daintily though as she didn't know how much her system could handle yet and getting sick certainly didn't sound inviting.  She hurt enough as it was.  She raised a brow.  "Really?  sounds like it has come from all over then." That was actually quite interesting.  And it just proved that they were able to grow things on different planets.

She took a sip of her tea. "It is, but I like it," she answered after taking a couple seconds to let the taste sink in.  It was quite good.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

They chatted and ate and chatted some more, soon enough the small light meal was over. Rachel for her part was full at least, not even bothering to touch the bread rolls, as much as she would have liked to, she was done. "Okay Flynn, I think we can say you've passed phase 2. Your lunch is still inside you and not on the floor so that can only be a good thing. How about we try the stairs next, because once you get home, that will be your biggest challenge."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »

Flynn actually felt much better after eating.  Surviving on what the Borg had been giving her wasn't much at all.  And the food Rachel had brought had tasted wonderful.  Not to mention the company was great.  She really liked the nurse.  Flynn made a face at Rachel's suggestion.  "Ooh, that doesn't sound like fun, but I guess if it gets me up and about sooner," she said with a sigh. Stairs were not going to be easy with her leg.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 09:02:05 PM »

It would seem that Rachel had found in her new friend Flynn, that one sisterly type of relationship she never quite had with her own. Apart from the fact that the next nearest to her of the 9, was some 4 years younger, she just didn't see their way of life. Sure she loved them and doted on them, but in her mind, she was more like a young aunt to them than a big sister. Seen from afar. "Oh, Flynn girl the fun has just began, and believe me, once you've mastered this, you'll conquer the world. It's quite easy in fact, once you get past the fear factor of falling. We'll take it slow."

Rachel stood, pushed her chair and the trolley away to give Flynn some room. "Now, lets see if you can get up on your own."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 09:32:19 PM »

Flynn liked talking to Rachel.  She had never had a sister and she felt she could talk to Rachel about things that she would never tell Guy.  Unfortunately they had to meet by her getting injured.  Flynn pulled a face.  "Must say I'm not looking forward to trying this," she admitted.  She hadn't even thought about falling.  This certainly wouldn't be easy.

Flynn took a deep breath.  She gritted her teeth as she pushed herself up onto her good leg.  She quickly balanced herself on her crutches but was still a bit unsteady.  "Owe," she said, smiling slightly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 10:57:34 PM »

"You did well, honestly Flynn, I've had guys scream their heads off the first time they did that on their own. So chalk that one up to girl power!" Rachel grinned broadly which made her look like a rosy cheeked female version of the Michelin man. "I'll walk alongside you, at least until we get to the stair well, if at any time you want to rest, just say so Flynn. Now let me get the door, you can walk out...slowly and then turn right. You will get faster as the pain subsides, but for now, baby steps"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »

Flynn was a bit unsteady as her leg was killing her.  She refused to back down though, despite the tears in her eyes.  She managed a watery smile for Rachel.  "I can see why," she said through grit teeth.  This was not going to be an easy thing to do.  She took a couple shallow breaths, letting the pain subside a little before moving.  "Dang," she mumbled.  The Borg had really done a number on her.  Of course her whole body was one big bruise with her leg in what felt like pieces.  Flynn nodded slightly as she carefully made way to the door.  Baby steps was going to be all she was able to do.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »

Maybe, just maybe, Rachel was pushing it a little too hard. Plainly there was pain and anguish on Flynn's face, but there was determination as well, something that Rachel could easily identify with. After all, it was women who bore the pain of childbirth, it was women who also bore the pain when all the world seemed to be at war, men and boys dying, it was the mothers, sisters, daughters and lovers who bore that pain to. No, she would let Flynn go, Rachel was sure if the tables were turned, it would be the same for her.

The little journey along the hallway to the stair well, was slow and steady, at least Flynn had got the rhythm right now, that was pleasing. They reached the door, Rachel opened it to reveal your typical stair case you'd find in any commercial building. Concrete steps, handrails and a long way down and up. "So girly, up or down, your choice." Her grin was most wicked.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2014, 09:50:59 PM »

Flynn managed not to utter a word, but her face showed every emotion that she was feeling.  She knew that Rachel was doing this for her own good, but dang it, it wasn't easy.  Getting the hang of the crutches had been the easy part.  Dealing with the pain in her shattered leg was not so simple.  And there were a couple times she feared she would buckle in pain.

The young woman managed to stay on her feet though, knowing this wasn't anywhere near what she had dealt with with the Borg.  She didn't remember everything, but she remembered the torture she had gone through.  Relived it every time she closed her eyes.  Oh no, the pain in her leg was nothing like that.  Flynn looked at the stairs.  "Up, I guess.  Don't think I can handle down yet," she admitted.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:03 AM »

A young airman walked past, he knew about Flynn's return and he was also aware that she had not long come out of the OR. He whistled in appreciation through his teeth, giving her the thumbs up. "See, you already have a fan." Rachel said. She looked up, one level would do for now, 25 steps and they were steep, it would tax someone who wasn't fit to begin with, but at least Flynn had that to her advantage, she was strong and fit to begin with.

She stood to one side and began the first instruction. "Put your crutches on the step first, then your good leg and foot to the step, using the your weight and the leverage of the crutches, you swing yourself up, pretty simple. I would say its easier than straight out walking Flynn, except you need to focus on balance." Rachel had been through herself, so she was an excellent choice for Flynn's management. "Now..."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »

Flynn looked up when she heard the whistle and actually smiled.  She hadn't felt like smiling recently, but just seeing that someone believed in her was helping her to relax.  Maybe she'd be able to get home and see Guy soon.  She also had a funny feeling that there was someone else that she was wanting to see, but for the life of her she couldn't remember who or why.

Flynn looked up at the steps.  "Oh sure.  Simple," she said with a roll of her eyes, but then smiled.  Rachel was being helpful.  And she was keeping Flynn going.  Flynn carefully tried to do what Rachel had said, but nearly lost her balance.  It took her a good three or four times before she finally managed a step.  After that it got a little easier as she figured out her balance, but it was still hard work and she was in tears by the time they to the top.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »

Once Flynn was at the top, Rachel by her side and now there was no going back; Rachel could see plainly just how tough the girl was, he assessment of that earlier was spot on. For no other reason, than she was pleased, she gave her a small hug, being mindful of her other injuries. "We'll rest a moment, that knocked a bit out of me to. I never realised just how steep these stairs were Flynn. So, I guess we could chat for a bit, that'll leave some of the stress. So, you know a little about me, where I'm from, what's your story?" She was nosey after all.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »

Flynn was grateful for the break as she didn't think she could go another step.  She was trying not to be a baby, but her body was aching and she didn't know if she had the strength to push on.  She carefully sank onto the floor, stretching out her injured leg.  She was caught off guard by Rachel's hug, but soon found herself smiling.  She really liked the other woman. "Oh?  My history?  Well, let's see.  Grew up in Montana on a Quarter Horse ranch.  I have an older brother, Guy, who works at the SGC as well now."  Flynn tried to think of other things.  Things felt so fuzzy though, like she had cotton in her head.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

lethal-pageant