Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary  (Read 11456 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »

Flynn nodded.  She didn't know how much more help she would be, but she would do what she could.  Right now she was still in shock, so everything wasn't coming to her.  "Thank you," she whispered.  She thought for a minute.  "You can send her...back in."  A nice long bath or shower sounded very appealing right that minute.  Wash away some of the things that had happened to her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 12:24:14 AM »

{Gen Lucille Chalmers} NPC

"Very well then, you take care Flynn, I'll see you again soon." Lucille told her, tucking her pen and notepad back into her pocket. She took two steps to call Rachel, but apparently the young nurse had been eavesdropping anyway, she was no more than a foot from the door. "You can go back in now Lieutenant." Lucille raised her eyebrow just a little.

"Yes ma'am." Rachel replied with an embarrassed look on her face. She had brought a pair of crutches as well, Rachel moved past the base CO, keeping her head down as she did.

"Whew, sprung again." She laughed. "Right Flynn, bedtime over, you're going to have a decent wash first, then I'm going to get you up on these.." She laid the crutches by the bed. "Tell me now if you need anything for pain, because the first time is going to be a doozy."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:56:18 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »

Flynn watched Lucille leave.  She felt like she hadn't been much help, but at the moment she didn't know what else to say.  She smiled though when Rachel returned.  The nurse seemed to be able to make anyone smile. "That sounds...wonderful," she said, not having had a proper shower in what felt like ages.  "I'm okay," she answered.  The pain wasn't bad at the moment.  She had a feeling she would be sore though after trying the crutches.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 12:05:10 AM »

"Absolutely sure?" Rachel said with a grin. "Just the same, I'll need a chair for you, to go to the shower, won't be a sec." She said as cheerfully as she always did. Sometimes you needed honey with the medicine, fortunately for the Alpha Site, Rachel was that honey. She ducked away and two minutes later she wheeled one of those special hospital bathroom chairs in, even had the little commode hole in the seat, it was all white plastic and shiny stainless steel. "Okay sweety, lets get you into this. Legs first, slowly now, it will hurt, just twist and gently lower your legs over the side. I'll hold you all the way."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

Flynn nodded. "I'm sure."  Or at least she hoped she was.  She had never experienced anything like this before or had her pain tolerance tested to this extent.  She watched Rachel bounce out, having to smile.  The other woman certainly seemed to be a ray of sunshine.  Which right now was what Flynn needed.  She wasn't sure if she would ever be the same again.  Flynn studied the chair, not believing she had been confined to a chair like this.  Well, at least it would let her get up.  She carefully swung her legs over the edge, but gasped and nearly crumpled.  The pain was like a knife through her body and brought instant tears to her eyes. "Ow," she whispered.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »

McAdams was from  the south, deep south in Alabama and as such it was a matter of pride to her to be totally hospitable no matter what the circumstances were, especially with her patients, if they were in dire pain, she would make sure they were at least happy and smiling at the end of the day. "Told ya." She said, slipping her strong arms under Flynn's. "Flynn, if ya'all are want to cussin, feel free as its only me and you."

Getting Flynn into the wheel chair was relatively straight forward, Rachel could lift some heavy weights, she had to. Most of the patients that came through here were big burly men, both marines and locals. "Okay now the fun starts, off we go." She wheeled her into the bathroom attached to the ICU, it was large, meant to accommodate both the chairs and even a gurney if needed. Rachel slipped on a plastic full length apron, left Flynn for a moment while she retrieved a towel, soap, washer and of course a gown and standard SGC pyjamas for Flynn to change into.

"I'll slip your ward gown off for you, wrap your leg with this.." She held up a standard plastic garbage bag and some tape. "...and you can see how well you do on your own. I'll wait though, just in case." She did as she said she would, removing Flynn's gown, then slipping the bag over her plastered leg and taping it. Rachel had Flynn positioned close enough to the flexible shower nozzle and taps, she could set herself up with it.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »

Flynn's face had paled slightly as she fought back the pain, but felt slightly light headed. "Oh you have no idea how much I want...to," she smiled.  She could only imagine what Guy would think if he heard his baby sister swearing.  Right now though when a lot of help from Rachel she was able to get around a little bit.

Flynn leaned back in the chair as Rachel pushed her toward the bathroom.  As much as the pain was nearly unbearable, the thought of getting clean again was helping to keep her spirits up.  That and Rachel's ever present smile.

The young woman nodded, nearly laughing when she saw the garbage bag. "Feel like...there should be duct tape...involved," she grinned.  It would be something that her and Guy and their parents would do.  Flynn gave Rachel a smile as the nurse did just as she said she would.  It took Flynn a bit to get the shower adjusted, but she slowly worked at getting herself cleaned up.  The water felt wonderful even though it stung her injuries a bit.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »

Of course when you were incapacitated as Flynn was, there would always be areas one couldn't reach. Rachel was well aware of that herself, having been in this very position just a little over a year ago back at the SGC, having broken her ankle playing basketball in the base carpark. "Here Flynn, I'll do your back and free leg for ya, and of course your hair. Would you like some conditioner? I have some lovely organic stuff you might like. Wouldn't like to see that lovely head of hair go to ruin  with chemicals would we?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »

Flynn was grateful for Rachel's help.  Okay, a bit embarrassed as well, but at least Rachel was female so it wasn't nearly as bad.  And there was no way she could reach everything.  "Thank you," she smiled. "And oh, that sounds wonderful."  She was sure her hair was a stringy mess.  "I'm so not...used to having to... rely on others...for help," she admitted softly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 07:43:38 PM »

Humming and singing in a rather fine if throaty voice, Rachel went to work. Hair first. She also babbled on as well, it was her personality, and it helped put others at ease. "I come from a hillbilly family of twelve kids Flynn, I was third in line, oldest girl. I only had two brothers and everyone after me is a girl, so you know, helping mama comes natural to me. I think I've seen every one of my sisters in their birthday suit at some time and bathed them as well." She carried on, finishing up with Flynn's right leg. It was a lovely thing to do, something of a bonding as well. Soon she had her rinsed off and began drying Flynn with a soft towel. She stopped at the intimate level, handing the fine cotton cloth over. "You can finish off, I'll wait for you. Your nails need doing, and I can put some make up on to cover those scratches on your face after we've put the PJ's on."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »

Flynn started to relax as she listened to Rachel sing and let her help her get washed off.  As Rachel washed her hair it nearly put her to sleep.  "Twelve?  Wow.  I only have a brother."  She couldn't imagine having twelve. Guy was a handful as it was.  No wonder Rachel didn't have a problem with her job though.  Flynn accepted the towel and carefully finished getting dried off.  "I thank you for all the help, Rachel," Flynn said with a small smile.  She nodded,  Getting her hair done and makeup on sounded perfect to her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »

((OOC I'll do a tiny bit of god modding just to get Flynn dressed and out of the bathroom :lol: ))

"It's my job, and besides, how often do I get a hot babe like you to work my magic on?" Rachel joked. It was partly true though, 99% of her patients were male, it was rare for a woman to come through the medical unit, must be that they were tougher, Rachel certainly thought she was. The bathing part done, next came getting Flynn dressed; which was straight forward from Rachel's point of view. She had a larger pair of granny undies to slip on Flynn, that had to be, to get over the cast; next came the pyjama pants, she slipped those over, they were a little tight over the left leg, but finally the came up to the waist. Next change she would get a larger pair. At last came the shirt, Rachel had Flynn, slip an arm in, one by one, it was a good fit, the very last thing she did, was to button it up for her.

"There now, you look a picture of the pyjama girl. Come on, we'll get you all fixed up and we can start that training on the crutches. The Doc aims to have you out of here in less than a week. Which will be a shame really, I'll miss you Flynn, don't get much chance around here for girly talk." The chair squeaked a little as Rachel pushed her patient back into the room. She ducked away for a few minutes, coming back with what looked like her own make up bag. In less than twenty minutes, she had Flynn's face done and her nails clipped and polished. She held up a mirror for Flynn to see. "Can't even see the scratches now can ya?" She asked happily.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »

((OOC: no problem!  :D ))

Flynn flushed a bit, but then laughed softly.  She could only imagine what type of people Rachel had going through here.  It had to be a tough job.  Flynn wasn't sure she could handle it.  The young woman did her best to help Rachel with the clothing, but it wasn't the easiest.  she hurt all over and if she moved the wrong way then instant pain shot through her body.

"Thanks," she said gratefully.  It was nice to at least be in clean clothes again.  "A week?  Really?"  Oh that was good news.  Flynn frowned slightly though. "Hmm, we'll just have to keep in touch.  Surely you have a computer around here."  She didn't want to lose touch with Rachel completely.  Flynn stared in the mirror though when Rachel held it up. "Wow!  You're amazing!" she commented.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »

She had to admit, Flynn came up rather nicely, but then again, Rachel did have great canvas to work on. "I told ya, 9 sisters, I've had plenty of practice. I got my papa's genes, the rest of them got mama's. Just imagine a girl like me, living with 9 Daisy Dukes and you get the picture. I figure though, I got the best, brains and brawn, although I have no idea where the brains came from, they certainly weren't in abundance in my family." She did like to prattle some. "We have emails back and forth once every week with the SGC, so yeah, it won't be a problem keeping contact. So, we ready to take the next step Flynn?" Rachel nodded at those dreaded crutches.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »

Flynn found that hard to imagine.  Of course she thought Rachel was pretty in her own rights.  And there were lots of times that Flynn didn't even think about her own looks. "Your poor parents," she laughed softly. "And there is nothing wrong with having brawn and brains.  that's a good mix."  Flynn frowned at the crutches.  This wasn't going to be easy at all.  "Guess I don't have a choice.  I don't want to be stuck in bed for too long," she said softly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16