Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary  (Read 15182 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 302
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Infirmary
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »

A full day had passed since Josile had spent time with Lanam. Of course she had been back and forth since the first visit when Rachel went looking for her and in the evening of the next day she was on her way back with some fresh clothes for him which she had left at the Nurse's station. She had been told he was going to be released late this afternoon and his physio progress and been nothing but a miracle. That was put down purely to the Cavaleiros own abilities to heal and recuperate quickly.

>>From Foreston>>

The girls managed to get back to base in good time: better than good time in fact, Bobbie's hair was all over the place from the wind blown event, her eyes had been watering from the sheer exhilaration of it all. Who ever thought that a Humvee could be pushed so hard; well of course Kim was driving so that said it all. "Kimbo! Really you are doing the wrong job, I know someone who get you a drive with the WRC....erm World Rally Championship that is." She laughed in the spirit of the claim of course, but in essence it was good for anyone to see the girls in such a jovial mood lately, far from the nervous shell shocked young women that came to the Alpha site some months ago. "Now to find...." and as they say, speak of the..

"Girls!" The Cavaleiros leader called to them from behind as they were about to turn into the hallway leading to the Medical wing. She ran to them swiftly. "The Sergeant at the gate said you came looking for me, what is it that brought you back from town at such a devilish pace. You drove right past me in a cloud of dust." She was joking of course, the woman was in fact resting under a shade tree from the heat as Kim and Bobbie went passed her.

"Go on Kim, you tell her. I'm still trying to catch my breath." She wiped a small bead of sweat from her brow.

@sorra

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »

Kim loved to drive.  And the humvee was a blast to put through its paces.  Of course it handed like a dog, but hey, one couldn't be picky.  It had good ground clearance and could go anywhere.  She grinned at her friend as she readjusted the sloppy ponytail that was now falling out. "What can I say?  Driving is a passion," she laughed, climbing out to walk with Bobbie toward the infirmary.

They didn't make it far before Josile hailed them.  Perfect.  Less time wasted this way.  A grin was plastered on her face.  "Well, alright.  We were wondering if you by chance knew anywhere to find some beautiful flowers.  Colonel Bixby and Commodore Whitmore are finally getting married!" she said, clapping excitedly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2018, 06:03:36 PM »

<Corridor outside Infirmary>

The look on the Cavaleiros woman's face was priceless; if a photo of sheer excitement was up for a prize, hers would ace it perfectly. "Married! Oh my goodness that is marvelous news...oh dear, now I know what that message was on my communication device. I was about to read it when the power cell failed. It was the invitation from Miki's office, I hope she'll forgive me for not answering when I should have."

"Nah, you'll be okay, I'm sure Miki wouldn't have had time to read her mail anyway." Bobbie reassured her as she bounced on her toes. "Soooo, the flowers can you help us Josile...please?" She added.

Josile stepped closer giving the two girls a hug. "You two run along and do what you must do. I'll make sure the prettiest bouquet's are ready by the time Alex and Michelle are ready to seal their vows." Gently she pushed apart from them, turned about then ran in the direction she came from.

Bobbie laughed joyfully. "See Kim, we are living on a world of miracles, come on, we can quickly let Michelle and Alex know what we've done, then we need to start getting ready. I'll give the base hairdresser a call on our way and we're almost home."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »

Kim laughed.  "Caught us by surprise.  But it is certainly something we're excited about." It took everything in her not to bounce on her feet.  Weddings were always great anyhow, but to know that it was Alex and Michelle.  It was just perfect.   Something good to take the place of all that they had endured on Zulu.

"Thank you, Josile.  We appreciate it so much."  As the woman disappeared Kim turned back to her best friend. "Can't believe how this is coming together.  It certainly is a place of miracles.  Yeah, let's hurry.  You know how hard it is to tame these curls," she laughed, heading toward Michelle's office.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

"Bejesus, I haven't peed since this morning!" Bobbie said squeezing her legs together. "Come on Kimbo, this is urgent, I'll use the loo here, we'll drop our dresses and shoes off in our rooms, I'll call Clair (Hairdresser) from there and then we'll scoot to Michelle's office."

>>To CO's office via rooms>>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:18:27 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2019, 12:51:49 AM »

It was good to be back at last. No more camping out in the snow, a warm bed each night and decent meals. After almost six weeks down in Merrenden and that horrible war, Emily was prepared to get back to a normal routine at last. She checked in with the Nurses station to find Rachel was back as well. "Hi Rache' when did you get back?" She asked, noting that the Alpha Site CNO had lost a little weight, she thought nearly everyone had who was down there in the thick of it.

"Emily! Good to see you in one piece. Yesterday morning, we finished moving the last of the wounded the night before then it was the usual de-camp. When did you get in?" She missed seeing the young Aussie, always a bright moment in their day whenever Emily was around.

"About an hour ago. We had to make sure the aid stations were clear before we moved. There are still about two hundred of our troops down there searching for stragglers. The numbers are good though, we haven't listed any MIA's as yet." They talked on for a while after that until Em decided she needed to change.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2019, 12:08:38 AM »

*Radio*

"Medical room, this is Petty officer Israel. Is Emily there? I'd like to speak to her if she's available?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »

While they were talking Noah's voice came over the desk radio intercom, without answering it immediately Rachel looked at Emily, a question lingering on her mind. "Well not a bad catch." She thought although whether Em was an interested party was to be seen. "Em, you've got a call. I'll put it through to the other desk."

"Huh?" She certainly wasn't expecting anyone to know she was already back and as Rachel didn't say who it was she had to ask. "Who is it?"

"A sailor I'd say, someone who has their eye on you." Now that was cryptic.

Then it dawned on Emily, it had been quite a while. She knew exactly who it was. "Noah! How are you? Emily speaking....how did you know I was back?"

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »

*Radio*

"Uhh, an educated guess? How's it going?"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
""Are you busy? Do you have a minute or five? There is something special going down and I'd like to ask you something. Can I see you up here if you're free?"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 08:26:38 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2019, 08:45:36 PM »

"Clairvoyant most likely." She giggled over the mic. "Well let me quickly get changed Noah as I've just arrived only a few minutes ago. Give me ten minutes okay?"

Em looked over at Rachel, giving her the thumbs up. "I think he has some kind of date planned, that will be a change from the last six weeks or so won't it?"

The older women looked up from where she was sitting. "Kid, after what you've been through you deserve a break and besides you're not rostered for duty until tomorrow morning. I'll let Gordon know you're around just in case."

"You're an angel Rachel." Emily told her as she waited patiently for Noah to reply.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2019, 07:44:25 PM »

Radio

"Ah, sure. No problem. I'll be here."

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

lethal-pageant