Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 49844 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »

*Phone*

"Hank Landry, how are you doing Admiral? Settling in alright? But I just know this isn't a social call is it?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »

"I wish the timing had been better, Hank. You've thrown me right into the deep end. But I'm going to just jump to the meat of it..." Ian went on to explain the situation with Nigel Parks.

"I can have General Doug Fraser from USSOUTHCOM on the line once we're done here. As far as he knows, I'm still with SOCOM, and so I can probably get him to wrangle assets to investigate these claims. But the question is what we do with this mess. We've got a breach in security, obviously, and frankly sir, it couldn't have come at a worse time." Ian explained.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #482 on: June 27, 2018, 02:32:47 AM »

*Phone*

"Ian, do whatever you think necessary to confirm Park's story, so yes Fraser is a good choice. Once you have that in hand, assign two teams, one for each location. I'll see if I can get a hold of Miss Matthews and see what she knows about Boche', I think being his former girlfriend she's bound to have more intel we can use. Now as for Parks, keep him on ice for the time being and we'll decide what to do with him later."

"When I speak to Matthews, I'll ask her to contact her friends concerning the boy. But we need to make sure this idiot hasn't left any material laying around, so SG9's furlow is cancelled for now, have them chase that end up. Oh and lastly, the Pentagon and the Australian IOA representative  wants Captain McFearson to take a month's leave when they bring Captain Jaworski home, Colonel Lilian Radovic will be filling in for Helen during that time."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #483 on: June 27, 2018, 04:01:26 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
First Lieutenant Charlotte Summers

Fred and Charlotte bound up the stairs in to the briefing room. Admittedly had their hoodies not had an SG-12 patch on the arm they would look very out of date for British Soldiers. They approached the commanders office to hear a mans voice. Once they got closer Fred saw an American. He would guess Admiral from the uniform, though he was to far away to count his stars on his uniform.
"Where is the Air Vice Marshell?" Asked Charlotte. Fred shrugged as he gave a quick tap on the door before standing in view of the window but waiting for the new CO to see they were waiting

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #484 on: July 02, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »

It is now September 26th 2011, 0730

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #485 on: July 02, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »

As was her usual way, Cheryl was up bright and early to get her routine underway. With Walter in the Gate Room she now had more than enough time to catch up on the real side of her work. "Good morning Admiral, did you sleep well?" It had been a rather harrowing two days for all of them.

She placed several folders on his desk with his morning coffee and one doughnut (that was all she was allowing him). "Sir we have SG-9 waiting in the Briefing Room, they're ready for embarking to Columbia, SG-1 has returned with the Hammond, they should be beaming down shortly. SG-12 is ready to do our first search following up on the Ancient clues we have, there are several possible planets for them to look at." What else was there, quite a bit in fact. "Colonel Davidson is ready with young Nicholas to take him to the Tok'ra, we have the Alpha site assets in the process of decamping from Merrenden and lastly the Apollo is in route to the Gamma site. Colonel Ferretti is also in the briefing room sir. " Had she forgotten anything? Possibly but she was certain Ian would remind her. Oh, yes there was one thing. "Selinde of the El'Dari will be here to update you on the status of the Heraki; I was wondering sir, do we need to organize a meeting with the Goa'uld council?"

@Cipherhornet18 @sorra
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:18:33 PM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #486 on: July 03, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »

"Quite well, Lieutenant. I hope you did as well, because we've got a lot to tackle." Ian said, sipping coffee from a Navy Special Warfare Command mug.

Now that Ian was settled in, he was now able to wear attire that was easier to deal with; namely switching from Navy service "blues" to his NWU Woodland fatigues. It was no less crisp than his service uniform, it was just more comfortable to wear and far less to distract the eye with. Just his last name, US NAVY, his SEAL Trident and his three stars.

"Doug Fraser was able to get us some intel on those sites. One of the perks of being publicly still known as the head of SOCOM. I had the CIA forward us some more, and the NID has been looking over all of this as well. Plus I had the NSA task a satellite on those sites for the last couple of days. As far as anyone knows, I'm following up some intel related to a terrorist cell." Ian said, "Make sure Reynolds gets those files, it's probably going to be a change of pace for him to have this kind of support again."

One downside to the SGC had always been the lack of terrestrial support on Earth missions, since they had to involve as few people as possible, but now things would be different. It was far easier to get support for Tier One and Other Government Agency operations with vague details these days, and Ian knew exactly who to call, how to phrase his requests, and which agencies to get involved.

"If SG-9's op goes sideways, I've already arranged for a QRF. Green Berets from 7th Special Forces Group and they'll either ride in with helis from the 160th or "swicks" from Team 22. Obviously they're not in the loop, but just pull the OGA card, it'll be fine." Ian added, before handing that stack back to Cheryl.

"Alright. If we have a list, I don't just want SG-12 on artifact hunting duty. SG-1 is back, I want them on the clock as well. Hell, call the Alpha Site, tell them to put their SG Team on the trail too. I never understood why we only send one team when we have 25." Ian said, before sliding the folder on those site locations back across the desk.

"And yeah, we need a war council if the Borg are looking for a fight. We got damned lucky last time. I've already read over Colonel Ellis' report, we need to get Area 51 working on a counter to those missiles that disabled shields in a single salvo. And with Colonel Davidson leaving to the Tok'Ra, well, some folks are going to have to take a number and wait." Ian said, "I'd rather get our teams going first, but I know that the Gamma Site is also a priority..."

A knock came at the door, and Jack poked his head in.

"Knock knock."

"Jack, come on in." Ian said, waving him in. "How's the family?"

"Oh, you know, sleeping at odd hours, still trying to get adjusted, that sort of thing. I just came by to see how things were going." Jack said, stepping inside.

"If you feel like doing some work, I'd appreciate it. My XO is leaving today to take someone to the Tok'Ra, and I've got several missions on the board, the Gamma Site is being set up today, and I've got heads of alien governments already here." Ian said, "I think the latter is probably more in your court anyways."

"Sheesh, Ian, two days in that chair and you're already running around crazy. Who's showing up?" Jack asked.

"Selinde is on her way, and we're going to need to have a sit down with the Goa'uld over the fleet action near Lucia. We almost lost a fair bit in that fight, and I want to know why and how we can fix that. Tired of the Borg being the boogeymen that jump out to thrash us at will until the El'Dari pull our butts out of the fire." Ian explained, "Get the IOA to approve my plan, and I'll punch out their lights for good like OBL. That's not a boast, that's a promise."

"Your proposal is still on the table, Ian, it's just in need of a competent commander, and with you here, we need someone as good as you to take over. And besides, you're not talking about a couple guys there, you're talking about an entirely new command to be set up." Jack said, "Alright. I'll meet with Selinde and the Goa'uld, even if I can think of a hundred other things I'd rather be doing than talking to the snakes..."

"1 being "Family Time" and 2 through 99 being "Fishing"?" Ian arched an eyebrow as he took a sip.

"Don't go throwing factual information around here, Admiral." Jack replied deadpan.

"Lieutenant, you've been drafted as well. You're going to brief the teams going artifact hunting. Have Walter call the Alpha Site and kick us their SG Team, and then get them all going. I'll brief SG-9 since this is more my speed of operations, but after I touch base with Colonel Ferretti. The General here can handle the talks, so put a call to Grundel and whoever else wants to show up to the meeting and let Selinde know she'll be speaking with him, not me." Ian grabbed the folder with SG-9's info off the desk as he stood up.

"Guess I'll head to the conference room. And Cheryl, see if we can get some doughnuts in there." Jack said, "The drive thru was too long and so I had to skip breakfast on my way in."

"That's why I cook at home, sir." Ian said with another arched eyebrow.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2018, 11:36:44 PM »

"So long as you don't eat any of them." Cheryl said to herself at Jack's request, looking at his mid section coupled with the fact that Sam had given her explicit instructions to watch what he ate when she was not around. Men; let them off the leash and they were no better than hungry puppies where food was concerned. "Yes Admiral, I'll get onto both of those tasks and I did almost forget, General Landry reminded me of the situation with Captain McFearson, she's to return back to Earth asap and will be told to take a months leave. I assume she will be returning when they bring Doctor Captain Jaworski back?"

She picked up the other folders from the Admiral's desk placing them under her arm. "I'll see what the kitchen has General O'Neill, I'm fairly sure they'll be able to whip something up. Commander Selinde will be here within the hour I believe, and sir, I  never had the chance to congratulate you and Colonel Carter...twins! That is well sir, amazing." She took a step back. "Oh, yes Admiral, SG4 should be returning soon as well sir." Double checking she had everything, Cheryl gave Jack a decent smile then retreated to the Control room, passing through the Briefing room beforehand.

>>Control Room Via Briefing Room>>
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:46:45 PM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #488 on: July 05, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »

"Thank you, Cheryl. And I'm sure they'll make an appearance around here at some point. I wonder if the IOA will get mad if we're using the gate for getting the kids to and from babysitters." Jack mused as he stood up.

"I didn't hear that and I won't see it, either. I'm going to always be either at the head, getting chow or at home when it happens." Ian chuckled, standing up as well.

"Alright, Lieutenant, please go get that all squared away. We'll regroup after we've kicked the last team through the gate. I'll get Colonel Ferretti on his way and get SG-9 briefed. Gonna be a good day, today." Ian said.

>McRaven to Briefing Room, Jack to Conference Room>

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #489 on: July 22, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »

>From Briefing Room>

Ian quickly returned to his office after he saw the slew of new arrivals from the Alpha Site arrive. Quickly checking his computer, he confirmed that one of them was Ben McGregor, and that he was actually waiting to speak to this man. The IOA wanted him in the Foreign Liaison office, but McRaven wasn't going to stick a fellow professional behind that desk unless he had to.

He had the opportunity to work with many of America's allies' Special Forces teams, from just about every NATO team, as well as Australia's SASR. Heck, one time, he even got a "grip and grin" with the People's Liberation Army's Special Forces teams. No matter where one went, the feeling was the same; they were professionals, the best of the best and they took pride in that. Their country placed a lot of effort in training them, a lot of confidence in their ability to execute dangerous missions, and a lot of pressure to never fail, and typically showed that by better equipping these men. And so in a way, there was a mutual understanding and even a camaraderie already there among all of these teams.

And here, Ian needed as many of those people as he could get his hands on. Not just to augment SG Teams, which he never understood why pilots were still considered the best qualified to run these missions, but for his own plans, a plan that would really give Homeworld Command some teeth.

Once his thoughts and his notes were compiled, set those aside and waited for Ben to enter.

@Mim

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #490 on: July 22, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »

A light rap on the door followed by the man's voice. "Admiral McRaven, Ben MacGregor. May I come in sir." He was almost the mirror opposite of his sister in demeanor. Quiet, a thinking, rarely raised his voice yet he got things done better than most despite many thinking he was either too soft or lacked the aggression expected of one in his position. He was simply a doer, not someone who always boasted they were going to do this or that, Ben did it without fuss.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »

"Colonel, please, come in." Ian said, standing up. "Vice Admiral Ian McRaven. I took over for the Air Vice Marshal a couple of days ago. I seem to recall having met your old man about 15 years ago, before I got moved up further on the chain. Plus, well, priorities tended to shift for us after 2001." Ian commented, "At ease, take a seat."

Ian slid over the folder on his desk.

"I'm going to cut straight to it. I'd rather not leave a perfectly competent officer sitting in the Foreign Liaison office when I can put you to better use elsewhere. But it's up to you if you want the job or not." Ian leaned forward in his chair, "The top page is my pitch to the IOA for Stargate Special Operations Command, or SGSOCOM for short. This place has been pulling operators from every team for a decade now and without the proper idea of how to employ them outside of SG Teams. We've got new threats on the horizon, old ones lurking about, and the IOA would rather we sit on our friggin hands until they pop up. General O'Neill knows that the price for me to hop over here was I get to set this up. I was actually supposed to run it."

"Don't worry, the CO billet is at least a Two Star, so you're not in the hot seat for that. But what you are up for is one of the Task Forces I'm forming under it. To prove this works, I'm putting together SOF-Only Task Forces. No more drawing fighter jocks or scientists to fight the dirty fights, you either are running with a country's Special Forces team and pass our Selection or you don't join. I've already got a SEAL Team, all DEVGRU, on Atlantis, and the other teams are going to be formed. SGSOCOM Task Forces will run separately from SG Teams, and the IOA gets as little say as General O'Neill can allow them. The IOA is already squandering a dedicated Marine Combat Unit, so they can stay the hell out of this one. That was their price for me taking over Fraser's post on such short notice." Ian continued. Landry found it amusing, but the civilians were really unhappy with McRaven's "cost", considering that meant SGSOCOM was going to be very far out of their reach. The Chinese and Russians especially were unhappy, even after McRaven made it clear nationality wasn't going to be a deciding factor. They called it more "NATO Favoritism". Morons...

"You, Colonel, are up for command of Task Force Blackbird. And you have two jobs. Blackbird's role is to collate and analyze intel we get from our various sources, both on and off Earth, for mission ready use. In that, you'll get a young ONI officer who has been writing you a new playbook. I pulled her from my staff, she's got a lot of brains but not much experience. Your other job is that you get to not only standarize SGSOCOM's Selection, but you also have the unenviable task of revamping SG:X's training to include using your Selection instructors to run more realistic OPFOR for SG:X. We need to tighten up standards around here. You won't have command of SG:X, but you will have a say in improving their training. We let it slip to allow more civilians in, and that quite frankly was a mistake. Your OPFOR will need to be able to act in tactics used by the Jaffa, Ori, Borg, Wraith, Genii and everyone else in between. That dovetails nicely into Blackbird's intel gathering role." Ian leaned back finally.

"I'll give you a free hand to pick your instructor and intel staff, and I'll forward you a list of recommendations. You'll report to me directly, and you might need to pop off world now and then to update intel and OPFOR training. You'll have a lot of work to do, but if you can pull it off, you're going to be setting the standard to be upheld around here for decades to come. But, I also know I'm putting a lot of pressure on you, so if that sounds like more than you can do, or you're expecting an off-world billet in the next six months, you can decline."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #492 on: July 26, 2018, 02:35:48 AM »

Taking that step in, seeing the office which was just as he had imagined it to be (Ben merely passed through the SGC when he was posted to the Alpha Site, not really meeting anyone other than Walter and Sarah Davidson), he was thankful to finally sit down; in 'this' office, an office his father occupied for all of one day when he filled in for Jack O'Neill back in 09. It brought a lump to his throat.

As Ian spoke, Ben flicked through the pages of the folder, he had taught himself long ago as a younger Lieutenant to speed read, if nothing else merely so he could have something, anything to hold over his sister, such as the rivalry was back then. All water under the bridge now. With everything the Admiral had briefed him on, Ben found himself now in a position that was really far more suitable to his talents and even if he went off world occasionally, he'd be spending more time with his family than he had done so for a number of years. He'd be a fool to turn it down. "In a word sir, yes. I don't think I've had a proposal as good as this since the Missus put the hard word on me when she got...." No that was personal. "...anyway, I'll sign up. I think hopefully you've chosen the right man here but I'll have to take you up on the second offer for Staff. The only other people I know that could fill those roles are either dead, or sent home wounded, or still in Antarctica were I was previously stationed and I know the IOA won't move them. Oh and sir, Dad was killed early last year, I thought you should know."

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #493 on: July 27, 2018, 05:18:29 PM »

"I'm sorry to hear that, Colonel." Ian said in regards to the news about the man's father.

"As for the staff, well, you'll have Lieutenant Stephanie McMillan to start. As I said, she's ONI, she's been on a number of my intel teams and I kept her before the NSA got their claws into her. The rest, I'll have a list sent to you by tomorrow morning, but if you've got people you absolutely want, tell me. I'll see just how firm the IOA's grip is after a phone call to General Landry." Ian explained.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2018, 09:26:55 PM »

Ben and Will were never all that close, and yes while the old man was still his father, Ben felt he always had to play catch up with Cate as far as the Admiral was concerned. To him, Cate could do no wrong and everything Ben did in his life was looked at with suspicion from his father. "It's okay sir, really. I just wanted you to know. I think though you'd be chuffed to know that apparently according to General's Landry and O'Neill, Dad is still around somewhere. I never really got all the memo on ascension." To him that was nothing less than BS. His own sister's coming back from apparent death could be explained in a thousand different more logical ways.

He pressed on. "Off the top of my head none sir. I'll take whoever you throw at me to be honest with you. I've only met one or two who have come through the Stargate Program I'd rather not have around me, so other than them its all good. I'd like to speak with the Lieutenant though as soon as possible if it can be arranged."

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38