Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 23405 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #495 on: July 29, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »

"Still some concepts I'm trying to wrap my heads around, Colonel." Ian replied, leaving the matter at that.

"You'll have to set up in the office they wanted you in at first for the moment. I'm trying to get the space set up for Blackbird, but that's slower than I'd like. I'll have her pop by as soon as she can, but go ahead and get settled. Might need you to sit in on a live feed of an op SG-9 is running planet-side, just to see what I'm talking about, but that's if I can get something set up. This place needs a Situation Room badly..." Ian commented with a chuckle. The "wishlist" Ian sent to Jack and Hank was considerable and was left with an exasperated "...I'll see what I can do, but no promises..." from both of them.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »

There was something Ben thought might be useful. Not that he'd spent much time in and around the SGC but he had been observant each time he passed through the place. "I keep my eyes open Admiral. I recall when I came through here three months ago on my way to the Alpha site there was an unused storage bunker on level 21. All I saw there was mostly covered by tarps and old painters sheets; pretty secure I'd say as it had a three foot thick armored door off one of the main tunnels. It'd be perfect for types like me and those we lump in with this group to plot and plan our missions without unwanted eyes looking over our collective shoulders." He thought that could pretty well cover both needs, the space was huge by any measure.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2018, 12:23:33 AM »

*text message*

"Sir, from the Pentagon and the promotions board. The following personnel are to be upgraded.

Lieutenant Commander Jack Peirce to Commander

Squadron Leader Catherine MacGregor to Wing Commander

Staff Sergeant Kimberly Paine to Technical Sergeant

Major Kimberly Sutton to Lieutenant Colonel.

2nd Lieutenant Timothy Foster to 1st Lieutenant"
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »

"Well, then Colonel, it sounds like you've got yourself a part of the building to spruce up. Grab yourself some Airmen who aren't busy, and let's face it, it's the Air Force, they aren't THAT busy." Ian cracked a grin. He was still Navy, after all.

"I'll send Lieutenant McMillan to you once she's available. I've been hearing rumors there might be a couple top drawer shooters coming through soon, I'll kick them to you. Nominally, they won't be attached to anyone for a couple of weeks, and they'll likely get their own teams, but best you all get the chance to catch up." Ian said, "And I'd like you to get a full situation report on the mission I just sent SG-9 on. They should be arriving in Puerto Rico this afternoon." Ian handed over the file he had with their mission details, "I've got Green Berets prepped to run in if things go sideways, but Colonel Reynolds approved the use of certain alien items, including zats and a Goa'uld healing device. Maybe you can figure out a way to keep the Green Berets, Nightstalkers and swicks from asking too many questions if they have to save -9's butts."

His phone beeped and Ian pressed the flashing red button.

"Thank you Walter. Go ahead and have those processed and I'll add my scribble to them later. Group 'em with any medals, ribbons or commendations I have to approve as well." Ian said before returning to Ben, "I'd say you've got a good 8 hours to start prepping that area to be your new office. Get me a purchase order of whatever you need and as long as you're not going too far with it, I should be able to slide it past the budget watchdogs." He hated bean counters, but he knew better than to upset them. They could cause more chaos with an audit and a briefcase than he could with an entire SEAL Team at his disposal...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #499 on: August 06, 2018, 12:30:58 AM »

Ben grinned at the Admiral. "One area I take after the old man sir, professional scrounger. I'll call you if I get stuck on anything but I'm pretty sure I can make the place look livable in a very short time. Besides, the Missus would be tickled pink if she knew I was doing some useful housework that didn't involve explosives."

He pulled out his ever present jot pad, scribbled down a few notes before tucking it away again. "Old habits, once upon a time it was on my own. But I found they tend to either wash off or sweat off. The first thing I'll do when I get down there Admiral before anything else is to grab a laptop from stores, as my sister would say, from there we can do magic. Just let me know when the others are on their way; in the meantime I'll get up to speed on SG-9 mission. If it's okay with you sir I'll check with Lieutenant Brownwell on my room then head up and get changed." He started to stand slowly, just to be sure he was in sync with McRaven.

@Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:55:02 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #500 on: August 14, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »

"Very well, Colonel. Alright, get going. We both have a lot of work to do." Ian stood up and shook hands with Ben, before stepping around the desk to open the door.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:51 AM »

"If only the old man was here Admiral, he'd be tickled pink you know that." Sometimes Ben thought he could feel his father, he almost could smell William's cigar odor around the room. "I'll check in with you as soon as I have things set up. Thank you sir." Ben gripped the other man's hand firmly, then left with his mind racing on all the things he had to do.

<<To Rooms>>
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:43:35 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2018, 12:58:08 AM »

<<From Blackbird>>

Ben knocked lightly on the door, he didn't wait for an invite though. "Admiral we have some developments that might help us pin point Ba'al's location or at worst where he was last. Our Goa'uld friend Allienna was apparently tasked with putting the bloke under lock and key, if anyone knows his status she will. Now the question remains, do we go straight to her?"
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »

Ian was just catching up on his emails and getting off the phone with MacDill about the response force when Ben entered.

"That would explain what's going on in Colombia, Colonel. General O'Neill believes that the Goa'uld aren't keen on sharing all that much these days, too many bad memories of being under thumb of Ba'al and Anubis and they're enjoying the freedom of being fragmented." Ian replied.

"Best bet, then, is we ask her directly. General O'Neill is finishing breakfast now but was planning to try and get the Goa'uld that were present during the engagement two day ago to meet with him and hash out a plan. If Allienna dropped the ball with Ba'al, we need to know yesterday." Ian grunted, "And if she want to get uppity, then I'll be more than happy to call Ishta and Teal'c to see how they feel about it."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »

Rubbing his chin Ben thought about it for all of two seconds, it didn't take rocket science to work out in his mind the finer details. "Their egos have been their biggest enemy sir, not us. If they didn't carry that weight around their collective necks they might have given us a real fight. They can't even agree among themselves so I think a little diplomacy might see us get this chick on side with us if we can convince her that spilling the beans on old Ba'al will benefit her as much as us. Not that I'm the most diplomatic bloke around but I think I can spell out reason when that has flown the coop with most people and they are after all still people of a sort." He dropped his head for a moment to gather his thoughts again.

"Since this is a matter of urgency I guess I'm in the driver's seat so to speak. We don't have time to gather a team Admiral and I'm pretty sure you're not about to let me go off Robinson Crusoe are you?"
Far Dareis Mai

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SGDelta A new starter.
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2018, 03:34:10 AM »

{CWO5 Michael Hurley, USN}

The elevator doors of level 27 parted and released the scientists, technicians and soldiers contained within. The crowd dispersed and went their own separate ways, many deep in conversation with colleagues or trying to finish reading a report for the meeting they were hurrying to.

Chief Warrant Officer Five Michael Hurley was the last person to step out of the lift. He was dressed like many of those around him in a camouflaged military working uniform - NWU Type III specifically, his subdued SEAL Trident and parachutist insignia noticeable only by the most observant. Unlike most his hands were empty - his summons had been sudden and without explanation, and he had bought only himself.

Hurley only just returned from Fort Rucker in Alabama, where he had given a guest lecture for the Warrant Officer Intermediate Level Education course. The CWO5 had been settling down to catch up on emails and reports when the CO's office had called him down. No explanation was given, but he assumed it was about his next duty assignment - he had been with the SGC for a couple of months now without any defined role beyond 'watch and learn'. A new assignment would be a welcomed change.

Hurley headed straight down the hallway toward the Commander's office, losing most of his elevators companions who broke off toward other parts of the SGC. He stepped into the waiting room outside the CO's office, and was greeted by the executive support assistant. "The Admiral will be with you shortly." Hurley nodded and took a seat as he waited to be called in.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #506 on: October 18, 2018, 12:25:29 AM »

Another Navy uniform graced the outer area of the CO's office, effectively a smaller briefing room and waiting room for anyone wishing to see the Admiral. Fran had in fact come up from the Gate room via the main briefing room until she decided that she preferred the more closer surrounds of the smaller room. Instantly recognizable the man waiting there she saw was both a veteran and Chief Warrant Officer and another SEAL to boot. That brought a smile to Fran's face as she casually started a conversation and introduction. "Don't tell the Air Force but I believe the SGC is being taken over by the Navy. Commander Fran McCarthy, chaplain." She told him as she extended her hand.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »

Ian had to fight mightily to not put a scowl on.

"Excuse me. Commander, while my door is open, I do normally ask that one still knock first, and doubly so if I have visitors already, as we may be discussing matters of private concern. We'll speak later once I am freed up to do so, thank you." Ian said patiently. Once the Chaplain saw herself out, he shut the door behind her.

"Welcome. Colonel Ben McGregor, Chief Warrant Officer Five Mike Hurley. He's actually one of the names on your list for recruitment. For now, I'd like him in Blackbird, but once we have a team together, we'll move him there. What you're going to be a part of is rather new, a dedicated Special Operations focus that Homeworld Command feels is lacking. For the moment, you will be assigned to Task Force Blackbird, which is focused on intelligence gathering and training. This may still put you in the field, but I intend to see you assigned to an operational team once this all gets rolling." Ian explained as he sat back down. "Colonel, Mister Hurley has a wealth of knowledge and experience, but he's a solid operator as well. You'll find him an asset both on and off the field. I'd have gotten you Master Chief Jason Hunter, but he's evidently stuck on the Dreadnought. Guess he wants to earn some water wings before he finally retires."

"As for Allienna, I'm just going to call her directly and have her meet with General O'Neill. Or hand that off entirely to the General, he can take care of that part. My concern still is with Colombia and what Ba'al is doing there. Now..."

The phone rang, and Ian glanced at it to see the call was coming from Blackbird's operations room. He set it to speaker and answered.

"McRaven."

"Sir. We have a complication. Satellites are showing a large number of foot mobiles converging on SG-9's position, and I don't think they know. There's a sudden spike in electronic interference according to the Apollo. Colonel Ellis believes they're jamming not just comms, but also beaming." Stephanie's voice said over the phone.

"How much time do we have, Lieutenant?"

"These guys look like they're trying to box them in, so I'd call it no more than twenty minutes. We might be able to power through the jamming on comms, but beaming SG-9 out is a no-go." Stephanie replied.

Ian looked up, and then focused on Mike.

"According to Colonel Ellis, can we beam someone in?" Ian asked. There was a pause.

"Sir, he says it'll take a few minutes to reconfigure their targeting sensors, but it's entirely possible. The jamming prevents locking on, but only slightly scrambles putting something or someone there." Stephanie replied.

"Hurley, I hate to throw you into the fire so quickly, but SG-9 is about to get ambushed and QRF is thirty minutes out if we send it now. Which we are. If we can't restore comms in time, your main objective is to link up with SG-9 and help them finish their intel gathering. If they haven't reached the second site, scrub it, your main objective then is to hold until the QRF shows up. If you have to, remind them that the guys coming for them are NOT cleared into the Program and they are to not expose them to any alien tech or Program knowledge. Plan is you're pulled out of there, taken to Puerto Rico, and then after some hopping around, you'll be back here by tonight." Ian explained.

"Sir, go-code is acknowledged. Challenge is Blue, response is Ridge. Ground team's callsign is Streetfighter. Clock is ticking." Stephanie said. Ian cracked a smile, she was an odd one but reliable as the sun rising. Instead of waiting on him, she had already made the call.

"Thank you. Keep trying to get through to SG-9, but otherwise, we are getting them some backup." Ian said. After an acknowledgement, the line went dead.

"Colonel, fill in Hurley on the way to the armory. Then I want you back here, because we need to formulate a game plan as of yesterday. I'm willing to bet that we got that intel a day late and a dollar short...or else a certain journalist is about to find himself in a deep dark hole at Gitmo." Ian commented darkly.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:33:50 PM by Cipherhornet18 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

<Waiting Area>

She knew the drill and to calm the 'Boss', Fran shot him her best angelic smile. "No rush Admiral, I'll be back later and I do apologize." Now she had learned the new Warrant Officer's name that made her job all the more easier. "Mr Hurley, Ben. I will probably see you both later." With that she ducked out in a tactful retreat.

<Office>

"Fran." Ben always did his best to avoid the sin bosun, he wasn't as close to the maker as his sister. More than happy to have someone who knew what they were about on board Ben gave his standard greeting. "G'day Chief Warrant Officer, welcome to chaos. Don't get me wrong, the SGC is a tight ship run by the best." His eyebrows inclined towards Ian, that statement not only included him but the entire SGC group. "Chaos is what we're confronted with on a daily basis, what the Admiral has outlined puts it all in perspective for you. Allienna is a Goa'uld, strange as it may seem she's a kid and I mean literally, we don't know too much about her suffice to say she isn't or at least hasn't shown open hostility towards us. Outside of the Tok'ra she will have the latest intel on Ba'al." That was brief, he would need to tell him more shortly.

Then the call from Stephanie, Ben listened intently. "Crap!" Ben exclaimed. "Okay Mr. Hurley, let's hit the armory for you and Admiral, I'll be back here on roller skates." Which considering the size of the place wasn't a bad idea.

<<To Armory>>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:07:39 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SGDelta A new starter.
« Reply #509 on: October 22, 2018, 06:57:36 AM »

{CWO5 Michael Hurley, USN}

Hurley rose from his seat in the waiting room when the chaplain entered, out of respect for the rank and the role. "Someone must finally be seeing sense ma'am. Warrant Officer Hurley." He stepped forward to shake her hand. Chaplains is all parts of the service had their faith tested on a daily basis in the face of war and conflict. Throwing alien invasions into the mix would have kept Commander McCarthy on her toes.

Before further pleasantries could be shared, Hurley was called into the Admiral's office. The walls and shelves of the room were decorated with the typical flag officer regalia, and it was good to see a splattering of SEAL paraphernalia. After all, McRaven was second in line to be the Bullfrog - the longest service SEAL.

The Admiral introduced a Colonel McGregor, whose accent gave him away as Australia, and explained Hurley's assignment to TF Blackbird and the purpose of the unit. "Sounds good to me sir." Intel gathering was a core SEAL skills, and he has experience training special forces units across the globe.

The CWO5 was contemplating a quiet intel and training tour when the phone on the Admiral's desk rang, bringing with it reports that an SG team in Columbia was pinned down and about to be overrun. Wether by coincidence or desperation, Hurley and Colonel McGregor were off to South America.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

lethal-pageant