Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 26717 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2019, 01:43:17 AM »

"C'mon now, did you really think this would be that hard? Between me and Hank, you can take the Admiral stars and keep your job. I'm kind of insulted you think I'd pick the guy who is basically Frank Burns in real life over you or let this go downhill." Jack said.

"Besides, with something I just had to give on with the IOA, they can do this in return. Well. Among other things. Ian's actually quite fed up with the British and intends to light a fire under their butts tomorrow, tired of their people always dragging their feet and they evidently have control of a US Marine unit. Should be an interesting show." Jack added, "But I seriously don't understand why you fretted at all over this. I mean, unless you want to retire, but otherwise, I get final say on the people in this Command, and I'm not taking that guy. He's seriously like a real life version of Frank Burns, I bet he even does that little giggle to himself."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #541 on: January 21, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »

"Thank you Sarah." If anyone around the SGC might even think for a moment that these fine people didn't watch each other's back they were sorely mistaken. The well oiled wheels of the established society within these vast deep walls worked quite possibly better than a Swiss Clock, with everyone knowing when to lift and at the same time know when they could lean just a little. Anne was doing some leaning now, with the fact in her mind she'd be doing as much lifting very soon.

If there was one person on the planet she knew who could get things done, it was Jack. Of course there were others including Sam and a list of them. Jack though was a unique being, in as much as he was the type to get things done now rather than later. "Remember that old song we were fond of as younger versions of ourselves 'You're so vain'? I'm of the firm belief that song was written explicitly for Perkins and I will add, no woman is safe around that man." Very much like the lecherous Burns.

Jack's confidence was infectious, Anne took that as a sign that she could rest her mind on the matter. "You know me well enough Jack, I'll be doing this still when they're writing my epitaph and then some. Retirement is not in my dictionary, I merely needed to know where and how I could manage this without endless miles of unnecessary paperwork. So there you are, you've given me the will to carry on and I can only say thank you. Besides, that extra little star might just help us get the much needed equipment we've been lacking for years." She had to add just that much more to it. "He does and he wears the foulest aftershave you could imagine Jack." Anne was about to stand when she remembered one last thing. "It's my place for the barbeque this weekend; I had almost forgotten. That is of course if Sam is up to it."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #542 on: January 23, 2019, 11:55:40 PM »

"Let me and Hank worry about the politics, but consider this settled." Jack said.

"I do have a suggestion, though. Obviously, we can only hold these guys at the gates on this issue for so long. We probably bought a few years, but a couple things I want you to consider. First of all, you really should be grooming your replacement. The next time, I really don't want to be left holding the bag and have to pick someone like Perkins, I'd rather have someone we can endorse fully. You know the requirements and you know a lot of people here. Start working on that, because I'd rather not see your legacy here be torn down the day after your going away party." Jack explained.

"Secondly, just because you retire from the military doesn't mean you don't have a place here. There are roles to look at, you know. Don't tell him I said this, but Hank would love if you were to take over representing Australia on the IOA Council. He's got a wishlist for nearly every country but can't get any of them. That's obviously not a right away thing, but take it from me; having a long term plan really helps." Jack shrugged, "Or at least that's what Sam keeps telling me."

"Just think about it, and we'll try to make it but I don't know if Sam and the kiddos are up to it yet. Can't hurt to ask, though." Jack concluded.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »

Now that brought a smile to the woman's face without a doubt. "You'll note that letter was dated two weeks ago." More than a smile, a rather large Chesire cat version of the same thing. Anne unpinned the single star from her lapels, fished out the twin stars in their case from her other pocket handing them over to Jack. "I know Ian would love to do this, though considering the circumstances and the pressure he's under, I'd feel honored Jack if you would."

But before he could attend to that minor duty she added to his assessment. "It wasn't something I've contemplated of course but you are right as always. The first is another fine Naval officer, one of yours. Captain Victor Zampatti. He's in line for Rear Admiral within the next few months, I've worked with him out of the US Naval Hospital at Beaufort, he is the present Commander there. A fine surgeon with a decent head on his shoulders, easy to work with and the type of man who knows when to keep his mouth shut and when to open it." The second, well to her she would be top of the list but knowing some feelings about foreign staff officers at the SGC (which included the slight degree of hostility Anne received when she first took up the post) the woman on her mind was one of the best.

"My next choice is a little closer to home. Brigadier General Margaux Bisset. Royal Canadian Air Force currently Commander of the Eastern Canadian Armed forces medical group out of Montreal. I was her CO when we both worked on the USNS Mercy during Desert Storm and again we worked together in 04 for the Indonesian Tsunami relief operation working out of Darwin Base general hospital. She is possibly one of the world's leading combat trauma surgeons and the type of Medico who knows her way around most of the fields of medicine that can be thrown at you. She is an Orthopedic Surgeon by trade but she is just as handy with Cosmetic surgery as well. So there you have it, two good names in the hat and I can when the time comes approach either of them without too much fuss or raising too many eyebrows." She looked at him as if he'd cracked the best joke in a while yet. "Seriously Jack, you mean it don't you?" That was something worth thinking about in so called retirement. With most of her family here and not likely to head back down under for a few years yet, it was worth thinking about it.

"With us both knowing Sam as we do, she'll cover up what she is feeling just to be there. Look, I'll swing by tonight at your place on the pretense that I need to see how the babes are doing, that'll let me know without any intrusion how well Sam herself is doing."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #544 on: January 30, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »

"Well, then you should start working with them, get them warmed up to the idea of moving into the big chair, so to speak. Names that come with endorsements that I know are reliable are the ones I like the best. I can't pick both of them, obviously, but if you can line it up so we have the slot covered for a while with good people, then that's one problem I don't have to worry about." Jack said.

"Yes, I'm serious. Everyone on the IOA Council are politicians or politically connected so they don't know how it is here, they just know how to play the political game. And some of them forget that we don't care about their party politics back home." Jack explained, "Probably the only time I'd say I'm glad China is a one party state, they're the only ones who only have one stance all the time..."

"Unless Ian has something else for me, I'm going to probably call it a night. We can check with him real quick and then we can both see Sam and the kiddos." Jack said after checking his watch. "As for those, let's do that tomorrow. We have a lot that's happened today and people are on edge." Jack said, sliding back the insignia.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:47:36 AM by Cipherhornet18 »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #545 on: February 04, 2019, 03:27:57 PM »

The wheel of life, something Anne's dear old aunt Jean told her about with regularity; life is like a wheel, as it turns there is no beginning and no end, it just keeps rolling along. "I'll be speaking with Victor later this evening in fact so that might prove an opportune time to sound him out as he's passed the first hurdles in any case. As his department had been asked to provide us with some additional staff, he's already gone through the hoops signing the non disclosure agreement over a year ago. Saves me telling him all about creepy alien snakes and the like doesn't it. On a side note, Lieutenant Kubowlski is his son's fiance' and I know she'd like any excuse she could find to be transferred to Atlantis." The hint there was the girl and future father in law weren't exactly the best of buddies since the old man had his son transferred to the military hospital in Landstuhl Germany.

"Coincidentally the reason I made that remark about the joke, our PM broached me on the same matter when he was here recently to see your President. I told him I'd think about it and I still am. It'd give me a two way opportunity to do things I'd often not been able to do here on the logistics side of things wouldn't it?" Worth thinking about as far as Anne was concerned.

She took back the pins, stuffed them in her pocket knowing surely tomorrow will be a continuation of the turning wheel. "I'll see you later tonight then Jack. Before I leave I'll pop by and see how Ian is doing, I'm still a little anxious not hearing from SG1 at this point, we both know the routine and by now they've missed two scheduled dial ins."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #546 on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:50 AM »

"SG-1 is with SG-7 and -12. I thought I heard Major Rivers check in earlier." Jack said, rocking himself out of the chair. He made his way to the door and opened it, letting Anne take the lead.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »

Anne wasn't satisfied of course, her people, or more rightly those under her care meant everything to her and with this she felt those womanly ways telling her that something wasn't right. She accepted Jack's reply grudgingly without a word, what else could she do? "I'll finish my rounds, check on my Nurses and so forth and I expect I have a stack of emails to go through Jack. Please let me know if you hear anything, anything at all." She left him with that with her turning left to find the nearest elevator. Ian, she could catch up with him later.

<<To Medbay>>
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

lethal-pageant