Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 19779 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »

"You mean this isn't busy?"McRaven replied, raising an eyebrow, before hitting the button to respond.

"Lieutenant, go ahead and patch it in here, please. Thank you."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »

*Intercom*

"Patching through now sir. Atlantis go ahead, you're connected with Vice Admiral Ian McRaven."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #467 on: June 04, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »

Sarah chuckled a bit.  He was in for a surprise.   This was a relatively quiet day.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »

With the installation of a 42" screen and accompanying camera to function as the "viewscreen", as some rather sci-fi pop culture keen techs called it, Ian was still able to use the computer in the room to pull up reference materials. In this case, as he waited, he entered his login credentials and pulled up the relevant notes regarding Atlantis' current situation. And what a situation it was, and the mention of his last pet project being involved piqued his interest. However, there would be time for that later, and he wanted both Jack and Hank present when he went over those details. Another time...

Richard Woolsey and McRaven never had really interacted, as his association with the Program began well after Woolsey had gone off to assume command from Colonel Carter of Atlantis. This, of course, meant that he only knew of the man by reputation, and it was complicated. The truest definition of an IOA "suit", and yet he had found his own way of tackling unorthodox situations with a brand of non-IOA unorthodox solutions.

After a quick glance of his notes, he was at least mostly up to speed, but it looked like that was a very quickly developing situation.

"Mister Woolsey, Admiral Ian McRaven. Sorry about the change all of the sudden, but if it makes you feel any better, I was caught just as off guard. My understanding is that you have a rather important Search and Rescue operation underway with the UNS Dreadnought, as well as what I see here being a pretty spectacular near-miss with the rebellious elements of the Genii. So, might as well cut straight to it, what's the current update on the situation?" Ian said.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »

*Radio via Stargate*

"Not unexpected Admiral believe me I know more than most how the turn of the wheel goes back there at the SGC. I do though offer you my congratulations on the post, you have some rather large shoes to fill."

"Yes we do and I am happy to say as per the latest reports I've received from the Dreadnought that we have found Captain Jaworski at last, alive as far as I know. We do have some rather alarming news though for you, the Vanir are active again and rather aggressively I might add. They're attacking human settlements wherever they find them, virtually razing them or at least that's what we've learned. You will find data on that race in your archive files listed under #990-567, I know that by rote, as its my own report. Other than that, those Genii it appears were clones manufactured by the Vanir. Also I'd like to add that we're expecting the Hermes very soon, if you can hurry them up we'd be ever so grateful Admiral."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2018, 01:38:30 AM »

Well, if that wasn't the obvious statement of the day...

"I've been told that before in my career. We'll let history judge how well I've done." Ian said, before letting Woolsey continue.

"Yeah, the Vanir, the so-called Lost Tribe. I'm aware. That's been one of the bogeymen in the closet right up there with Anubis or the Ori coming back. Well, that's not welcome news, considering that according to General Caldwell, we've also got the Borg making another play. They shot up some of our ships in our system and they're making a run at Lucia now. Plus the Alpha Site's knee deep in a war of their own, so if it's any consolation, you're not the only one. I'll pass your request along to Fleet Command, hopefully they can get a move on but best I can do right now is make sure they're on time." Ian explained. Well, now he would really have the chance to see if the Mako project was going to work, they'd be going after the biggest and baddest threat in Pegasus.

"Is there anything else I can do for you? Otherwise, I guess I need to get General Landry on the phone and try to make sense of all of this chaos." Ian concluded.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »

*Radio*

"It would appear Admiral you're in no better position than when I last communicated with Admiral Davidson some months ago, I believe back then it was another race trying to do their best to destroy everything. It never stops does it?"

"No not at this time, although I don't know if you've been informed or not, but you do have a scheduled inspection tour here within the next day or so."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:56 AM »

*Intercom*

"Admiral, its Lieutenant Brownwell sir. The NID has taken into custody two people, a man and a boy who had been making overtures towards exposing the Stargate program. The man is a reporter from the Colorado Sun, the boy is 16 sir and suffers from Motor Neurone Disease. I know it sounds bizarre sir but apparently they had a lot of very sensitive data sir." She stopped to let him take that on board. "On top of that, the Alpha site has requested we have Agent Barrett go to them so that he can conduct the questioning of the Forerunner Empress sir."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #473 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:42 AM »

"No, it doesn't. But that's why they pay us the big bucks; solve the problems no one else wants to." Ian chuckled at that, since he wasn't exactly speaking in literal terms with "big bucks". But one didn't stay in these jobs for the money, now did they? "Yeah, and they're not quite ready for some things I have to bring up. Such is life, I would say. Thank you for your time, Mister Woolsey. McRaven out."

Before he had the chance to say anything to Sarah, Cheryl chimed in. Well, now that put a scowl on the old man's face...

"Tell Agent Barrett to proceed to the Alpha Site ricky tick. And then tell the NID I want the reporter in the brig and the kid taken to Medical. I'll deal with the former in a minute." Ian replied.

"Colonel, go let Major Sutton know about the boy, make sure he's kept under watch and see what he knows. As for the reporter, I'll talk to him first. If he even mentions my name before I walk in there, I'm putting this base on lockdown and everyone gets to spend quality time with the IOA and NID. He's likely got a game he's playing at, and I intend to find out what it is." He opened a drawer and pulled out an empty folder with the usual USAF and TOP SECRET stamps all over it, before then opening the bottom of the printer and pulling out a stack of blank paper and tucking it into the folder. "Let's see how good he's at playing poker."

@sorra

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2018, 05:39:39 PM »

Sarah ,listened to everything quietly.   It certainly seemed like there was a tin of stuff going on at once.  She jumped to attention when Ian spoke to her.   "Of course,  sir."

Sarah gave a quick salute before heading down to the med bay.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »

Captain Harley Lawler - USMC
1st Lieutenant John Spencer - USMC
1st Lieutenant Alexander Ramirez - USAF
Lieutenant JG Jane Iles - USN
Gunnery Sergeant Bradley Cooper - USMC
Staff Sergeant Tony Espisito - USMC
HM Corpsman 2nd Class Timmothy O’Brian - USN

The team made their way up from the control room to the hallway outside the commanders office, a position they had become use to taking as often there was somebody in the briefing room. They took a moment to make sure their uniforms were all sorted, they might as well considering they had been given clean Desert MARPAT fatigues before leaving. They all looked pretty smart as Harley fixed her hair as did Tony who gave his slightly longer hair a quick brush through with his hand before tugging his 8 point cover back on. Harley then knocked on the door and stepped round to stand in the door way, waiting to be addressed, not wanting to interupt. Tony though glanced in when he got a chance and frowned seeing a new person in the commanders seat. He stepped back and looked up to Brad.
"Dude, Vice Admiral McRaven is in the big chair now?" Brad frowned. Though didnt look.
"You mean like SOCOM McRaven?" He asked Tony nodded.
"Yeah Dude. What happened to the British woman?"
"I know as much as you Tony, now shut up." Said Brad as he listened out for McRaven's acknowledgement of Harley, a few of them had worked under the SOCOM banner at some point. So they at least new of him.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2018, 11:57:12 PM »

*Intercom*

"Yes sir, I'll tell him as soon as he arrives and sir, I can see on my CCTV monitor the Agents car has pulled into the car park. I'll send two SF's down to meet them now."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2018, 01:57:08 PM »

As Ian headed for the door with Sarah, a knock came and he opened it to find a group of Marines waiting outside. The timing wasn't exactly great, but Ian stopped and sized up their leader. Then the light clicked.

"Captain Lawler. I'm afraid you've caught me at a particularly bad time, and for that I apologize. However, I need you to report to Colonel Sanderson, it seems the IOA has a bit of a problem with your Marines doing their jobs without the IOA's approval. Personally, I'm failing to see the problem, and I want you to know I intend to speak to General Landry about it." McRaven said, "Once he's chewed your ear off, your Marines are free to stand down, but I want After Action Reports regarding your ops at the Alpha Site on my desk by noon tomorrow. Carry on, Captain."

Ian gave them all a nod and then made his way out for the brig (there was no way he was calling it anything else) with a purpose.

>>McRaven to Stockades>>

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #478 on: June 20, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »

Captain Harley Lawler - USMC
1st Lieutenant John Spencer - USMC
1st Lieutenant Alexander Ramirez - USAF
Lieutenant JG Jane Iles - USN
Gunnery Sergeant Bradley Cooper - USMC
Staff Sergeant Tony Espisito - USMC
HM Corpsman 2nd Class Timmothy O’Brian - USN

Harley nodded as the Admiral left. Turning to her team she sighed. "Okay, Jane, Brian, John, Alex and Tony you guys are good to go. Me and Brad will get to the bottom of this." Those she dismissed nodded and quickly left leaving Her and Brad to go find the colonel.

MCU-1 to Foreign Liaison Office's

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #479 on: June 26, 2018, 09:17:02 AM »

>From Stockades>

As soon as Ian was back, he shut the door behind him and picked up the phone. His first instinct was to call General Doug Fraser, head of USSOUTHCOM. One perk in McRaven's favor was that he was still going to be publicly known as the head of SOCOM, and so that left a lot of doors open for him. If anyone asked, he was staying in Colorado to oversee better cooperation between USAF Aerospace Command and SOCOM. But he had to make a different one first, since the IOA was going to need to clear him calling Doug in the first place.

So, he dialed up Hank Landry's office.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34