Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 28728 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 275
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »

There was a lot Fran could say, but she was the last person on this Earth to make a scene out of a misunderstanding. Ian could work it out for himself later on. "Thank you Admiral." She took the paper stuffing it into her tunic. As she walked out she paused at the door. "Sir, please do me a favor, when you have time look up the Zulu station files, it is quite recent but of course before your time here. You'll find the reason in there why I am breaking protocol on this. Keep well." Then she was gone.

>>To Gate Room>>

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #526 on: December 19, 2018, 05:07:41 PM »

<<From Task Force Basement>>

Sarah stopped briefly outside McRaven's office to catch her breath before knocking.  She peeked in the door.  "Hope I'm not interrupting, sir."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #527 on: December 19, 2018, 07:20:29 PM »

Ian looked up from his computer, before looking at Sarah.

"Come in, Colonel. What's going on?" He asked, gesturing to the chair in front of his desk.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #528 on: December 23, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »

Sarah stepped inside, closing the door behind her.  "Its not good, sir.    Is it possible to get General O'Neill here as well? There is much going on and I fear it could turn south quickly,  we already have some heading to the Cayman Islands.  It also seems the Trust may be backing Ba'al now."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #529 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:53 PM »

As if on cue, Jack did enter, with or without Anne in tow.

"...did you just say the Trust? Oh come on, I thought we shut those guys down for sure. Is this the Bad Guy High School Reunion?" Jack protested.

"The Trust? I'm not sure I got the briefing on that one." Ian replied.

"A bunch of folks in top government, corporate and military positions who actually want the Goa'uld to run the show. About five or six years ago, we had to stop them implanting Goa'uld in the Russian government before they decided World War Three was a good idea. And they've pulled all manner of crap on us, from abducting all of us at various points to stealing the Prometheus. Oh, and trying to frame Teal'c for murder, that was fun..." Jack explained, "We're going to have a lot of bad folks doing bad things under our noses."

"Alright, message received. Colonel, please continue." Ian said.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #530 on: January 04, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

Sarah nodded. "Afraid so.  Not sure how they managed to pop their ugly heads up again," she sighed.  Just what they needed.  One more issue to deal with.

She blew out a soft breath. "Alright.  There is also a team headed to the Cayman Islands looking for Captain Larissa Koralova, Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.  I lost contact with her while talking on the phone.  They aren't sure if it is foul play or not.  We also have ones in Cartenga, keeping an eye on Ba'al."  What a mess.  There was certainly a lot going on at once.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2019, 02:18:40 AM »

"Oh great. The Russians. Just what we needed." Jack commented, as Ian put up a hand.

"General, please. Alright, Colonel. One step at a time. Well, let's take two. First; what team? Second; what's her part in this?" Ian asked calmly.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #532 on: January 07, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »

Not far behind Jack, Anne entered the office which was of course beginning to get a little crowded. She was of course somewhat behind in the conversation so she took the last remaining seat next to Sarah. Anne gave Ian a polite friendly nod, William's old friend hadn't changed all that much since she saw him last some five years or so ago, although she knew that for her own part she was much greyer than when he had last seen her. The letter in her pocket she checked once again to ensure it was there. It did seem to her to be provident that Jack had brought her here, seeing another Naval officer behind that desk.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #533 on: January 08, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »

Sarah scrubbed at her face.  She was getting tired, but they needed to know what was happening.  She slowly started to explain which team had been sent to the Cayman.  There was so much to cover.  "Captain Koralova had just been speaking to me about getting the emails from Nigel Parks computer.  Apparently there are coordinates in it.  She made it sound like life and death. It was not long after her phone went dead, that was when Agent Barrett and Agent Bristow entered the party so to speak sir, they're on their way with one of our TF units." It all came back to her in a flash really, so this was what it was like having a baby? "Oh sir I should reiterate, SG-9 and TF Blackbird are enroute back home sir."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:44:35 AM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2019, 11:13:48 AM »

"That can't be a coincidence, but Mister Parks made no mention of where he got his intel..." Ian said.

"If I know the NID, and I do, they're going to want answers from her." Jack added with a frustrated sigh.

"There has to be a reason why she called us, though. Any spook worth their suit would know if they even hinted they knew of a recent leak, we'd be looking to them for why they knew. If he didn't tell us when we brought him in, I'd bet money he probably doesn't even know." Ian continued, "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Colonel."

"You think this is some attempt to leverage something out of us again? Wouldn't be the first time." Jack said. "Colonel Chekov did kind of set the bar for what to do if your country didn't get enough access; resort to blackmail and threats. Hell, it got the Australians everything they wanted and more...no offense, Anne."

"I'm well aware of the politics, General. But in the meantime, let's let Bristow and Barrett run this out and see where the rabbit hole takes us. I'd like to check in with Colonel Reynolds and MacGregor as soon as they're available." Ian didn't want to get into the politics right now, he'd save that for tomorrow with the IOA. "Colonel, could you check in with Walter before you call it a night, see where our off-world teams are in terms of status?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »

Anne nudged Sarah very gently before speaking aloud. "I want to see you in my office when this is over Sarah." A very low whisper barely above audible.

"No offence taken Jack dear." She winked at him, just as she would have done decades ago when in company with Will, they shared some hilarious moments with the then Major O'Neill. "At least we know how to tactfully get what we want, we offer something concrete in return." She didn't have to say it out loud that the SGC now controlled over one hundred thousand square miles of Australian desert for testing purposes, not to mention the huge investment her country had made far beyond that of nations much larger than Australia, towards the Stargate Program. "We are lifters, not leaners as they say. Now since I'm not a party to the matters at hand, I'm glad to be here. Ian you and I can socialize later I imagine, it is good to see you again though. I can offer some help here with Parks, since I've read his file. He does suffer medically as a bi-polar, and I believe a degree of schizophrenia. It does appear though that the boy was merely a tool of convenience, it wasn't his fault that the one person he reached out to was a nut case."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »

Sarah felt like she was making a mess of things.  She was grateful though when it seemed like Jack and Ian got her drift.   Once this was over she was taking a long nap.  Maybe she'd even call her missing husband.

"Of course, sir.  Anything else before I go?"  She glanced over at Anne's light nudge.  "I'll be there right after I check with Walter," she whispered back.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2019, 10:13:19 PM »

Like clockwork, an e-mail popped up on Ian's computer from McMillan. He put on his glasses to skim it before responding.

"Okay. That maybe makes sense then to what I just got here. Lieutenant McMillan just sent up a more detailed rundown of what just happened, she's good at this sort of stuff. Koralova did contact Parks, used an assumed name, but near as I can tell, he was supposed to give us the intel on Ba'al a week or so ago." Ian explained.

"So what the heck kept him? Traffic?" Jack asked rhetorically.

"Everything is adding up, now. We didn't have the bi-polar part until just now. Between that and the young man, I'd say we should be lucky we got it, but it's a week old intel. More to the point, this wasn't Moscow's idea. It was hers." Ian continued.

"Oh. So we just have a rogue agent now leaking stuff about us. Great." Jack replied.

"...oh this is bad. This is very bad. South America wasn't picked at random. Ba'al has evidently been planning his breakout for a while now and..." Ian said as he resumed reading.

"Don't keep us in suspense, Ian." Jack said, and glanced to Anne, "He's usually not like this. Cliffhangers aren't his thing."

"Jack, Ba'al is going to be sworn in by the end of this week as Alvaro Gutierrez, President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. There was a terrorist bombing in Caracas, killed all the top people he needed out of the way, including their anti-American President. He's had the Trust buttering up the right people down there for this." Ian said.

"Now just one second, can't we stop this?" Jack protested.

"Mister Parks cost us all the time we needed. Because now, I'm going to have to float this to the IOA tomorrow. And even then, expect a hard no, because otherwise, we'd have a war with Venezuela." Ian replied, standing up as he saw a beam in to the briefing room, "I guess I need to find out what happened in Colombia. Commodore, we'll speak later, I don't mean to keep putting you off."

Ian left the office, and Jack sat down behind the desk.

"...you remember when things weren't so complicated?" Jack asked.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #538 on: January 17, 2019, 09:16:16 PM »

Anne blinked behind her glasses as Ian filled them in; the news couldn't be worse which made her swallow hard. For all their work over the last decade and a half it still came down to which surviving System Lord saw Earth as their plaything. That it should be Ba'al made a lot of sense though; she had read every file imaginable on the fellow and then some. While she didn't have the luxury or misfortune to have met him face to face as SG1 had done; she still felt she knew him quite well. "Think nothing of it Ian, you have a lot on your plate, I'll be around." She waved him off as he left, then looked up a Sarah. "I think lass that means there was nothing else to add. While you're with Walter could you find out if  my son's group returned with SG-9?"

She waited a moment then looked at Jack as the crumpled letter came out of her pocket. "I know him well enough to have figured that out. Generally he just blurts it all out in one very large sentence with bullet points." She gave him a little white teeth. "I miss those day Jack, sincerely I do. Even at the worst things never seemed as rushed as they are now. Or are we both getting too old for this?" It didn't require an answer. Swallowing hard she said what she initially came for.

"I did want to see you both, but it can wait but I will tell you up front. This is a letter from my Department of Defence alerting me to my impending promotion to Rear Admiral. We both know what that means? I'll be pulled out of here quicker than Jack Flash and that my friend is the last thing I want and I would expect Ian would want as well. My potential replacement is Brigadier General Alwin Perkins US Army and he is the last man on Earth you'd want within a country mile of the Stargate Program. He has a bad habit of shooting off his mouth to the press when things go sour for him. In other words he isn't one to work under pressure and he's a lousy surgeon to boot." Fingers drummed on the table. "My other option is to turn down the promotion, that would follow soon after with a 'suggestion' that I retire. The reason for that is simple, our forces are thinly spread and me keeping my rank and position means a younger officer is kept waiting longer. So you can see what I'm going to ask don't you?" Intervention. A stern letter from both Jack, Ian and hopefully Hank that Anne must be retained in her role even when promoted.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »

Sarah nodded.  It seemed Anne was right.  "I'll make sure to ask him as soon as I see him," she promised. "And let you know."

She waited just a few stalling seconds before heading out of the room.  She needed to remember to check on the off world teams and also SG-9 and Anne's son. She couldn't blame Anne for being worried about the man.  Would she be that way once she had her little one?  Maybe she would see more of Sean then.  She tried not to think about that as she headed down to the Gate Room to find Walter.

<<To Gate Room>>
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37