Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 33307 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »

The SGC's most important level – and its deepest – holds the Stargate and all key systems responsible for its function. The actual gate room, or embarkation room as it's sometimes called, spans two levels (Levels 27 and 28). The Stargate and its access ramp dominate the interior. Directly above the Stargate is an access shaft that runs the entire height of the SGC to the interior surface of the mountain.

Access to the gate room is controlled by two doors on either side, kept locked and closed at all times. Security personnel guard both entrances, and a security force is on standby twenty-four hours a day to deal with unauthorised gate activity.

The base's primary armoury resides on this level, also manned at all times by security personnel. SG teams requisition all weapons from the armoury prior to mission embarkation and check in their weapons when they return. All unspent ordnance is returned and inventoried at the completion of each mission.

The Stargate operations and monitoring room overlooks the gate room and controls all Stargate functions. The SGC's main dialling computer is located in the operations room, along with a map of the known Stargate network. From here, the Stargate may be activated and dialled, the iris may be deployed or opened, and incoming MALP and other drone telemetry may be monitored. An access door leads to a hallway that connects with the gate room, and a stairwell from within the operations room leads up to Level 27 and the briefing room.

A communications array located in the gate room provides an uplink with SG teams through the Stargate as well as validation for each received iris code. Access to the iris is controlled by a hand authorisation device, a security measure implemented when the SGC was invaded by the invisible Reetou (2.20 "Show And Tell). A number of multipurpose monitors in the operations rooms provide continuous data about the Stargate's operation as well as a feed from any drones currently deployed.

Mounted in the gate room's ceiling is the SGC's missile launcher, which can be lowered to stand just in front of the Stargate and fire two AGM-65 "Maverick" air-to-ground missiles through the gate. Twin 50. calibre machineguns flank the Stargate.

Stargate Command's vital base self-destruct is also on Sub-Level 28. SGC protocol requires a countdown to be set on the base self-destruct, triggering a nuclear blast inside Cheyenne Mountain if breach of the Stargate appears imminent. Ordinarily, the self-destruct is set by via the operations room but in the event of a computer failure or sabotage, the nuclear detonation can also be triggered manually by two ranking officers via control pads and the insertion of keys on the weapon itself. It requires two ranking officers with the appropriate codes to override the self-destruct.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Rodgin Kemph

Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »

The gate springs to life with an incoming wormhole. The security protocal kicks into place as men and guns file into the room to defend the foothold of earth. The iris seals shut, with the event horizon glowing off the back wall.

Via Radio:
"SGC, this is Mead, on Poppa-Fife-Foxtrot-Two-Two-X-Ray. Passcode Sierra-Golf-Seven-Alpha-Mike-Niner-Niner. The Jaffa are under attack by an unknown enemy. Our mission to find out about the Warlord was succesful, though the rest of SG-7 has been captured by him. Send a team with tracking capabilities. Position at the gate is tenuouse at best. Will hold as best I can till reinforcements arive. How copy, over?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

Walter had just relieved the young airman at the Control Room desk when the gate sprang into life. He sat heavily in his chair a little despondent at having to leave the ceremony. "Mead this is Harriman...hold as best as you can, find cover... I'll get the Admiral down here asap. He's off radio at the moment..." That was all he could say. Walter left his desk and ran back to the elevator.

<<To level 17>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 06:08:28 PM »

Via Radio

"Easy there fellas. Four of you versus little old me doesn't seem like fair odds. I'm not prepared for a firefight with no cover." Abel said with a boyish smile. "I would recommend shutting down the gate on this end before something comes through it."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »

Mjr Fred Rivers.

Fred strolled in to the gate room, his rifle by his side as he checked the Glock 19 in his cross draw holster. he kept it in the holster with the safety off but nothing chambered. Unlike his para which held fifteen rounds (14 from the mag and an extra in the chamber) with the safety on. Also making sure it had no beaver tail grip safety which he was not a fan of.
He stood their quietly

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

{SG-8}
First Lieutenant Harly Lawler USMC
Staff Sgt. Bradley Cooper USMC
Staff Sergeant Tony Esposito  USMC
Staff Sergeant Hans Nielson USMC
Sergeant Michiel Freeman USMC
Sergeant Maci Sniders USMC
Corporal Taguchi Junoesque USMC
Corporal Katiana Lopez USMC
Lieutenant Junior Grade Alexander Ramirez US Navy

SG-8 filed into the Gate Room looking like they could handle a small invasion. Cooper came down from the control room to join Harley as she made her way over to Major Rivers.

"Abel got one last radio transmission through," Cooper said as he joined the two of them who stood away from the rest of the team. "Sounds like his position was compromised. He gave us some idea of what we're facing, but it sounds like we're going to have to go in hot. No cover, and at least four hostiles."

"Major, any ETA on the rest of your team," Harly asked, fighting to keep the impatience from her voice. "If this is going to be a firefight from the start, we should really get moving soon. Permission for SG-8 to go through first and create a beachhead, sir?"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »

Mjr Fred Rivers

Fred turned to Harly and shrugged. "I dont F&*^ing know." he said as he shouted up to the gate room. "When the rest of my team get here just send them through." he then turned around to the SF who had brought a case and opened it. Fred turned to it. "Left-enant got C four? What about you Staff Sergeant?" He said as he put some C four in his empty utility pouch on his plate carrier, then offered the two marines some. Whilst speaking again. "I want you to select two people from your unit to come through with you and me as the first wave, preferably two people with good aim and fast trigger pulls. This first wave will start with two people throwing through flash bang granades." he indicated to the ones in the case held by the SF. "The next two will have normal granades and they go trough five seconds after. The first wave follows through. we deal with the people on the other side. then we call everybody else through, that sound ok to you?" he said having to think it through again in his head, trying to predict any questions she would ask. "By the way we are using these granades so we dont end up using any you guys are already carrying and might need later." He also added. "I want a six man incursion team to the enemy base. so six guarding the gate. because i dont want to head to the bus stop and find we dont have a bus home. once inside the incursion team will split. two come with me to find SG seven, and two go with Gary to plant C four everywhere so we can follow the admirials order and blow the place up. did I miss anything?" he asked

((OOC By the way A is the gate still open, B what way is it open?))

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »

<<<from the command bunker>>>

Adia Idasson

Adia hot-footed into the gateroom with Gary and made her way over to Major Rivers saying, "Reporting as ordered, Major. Sorry for my tardiness, in all the hustle I was left in the command bunker."
~*~Jenn~*~

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »

((Actually, the gate was shut down about ten-fifteen minutes ago on the other side. Abel talked them into it so it would be open for use. I'll grab Walter for this stint.))

{CSM Walter Harriman USAF} NPC
{First Lieutenant Harly Lawler USMC SG-8}

The gate room was in chaos as there was a glitch in the leadership. With Major Rivers being the senior officer in the gateroom, Walter knew what needed to be done to prompt them on. Lt Lawler and Sergeant Cooper were quick to pack on C-4, prepared for their assault.

"Major Rivers, you are a go when your team is ready," Walter called through the radio from his seat in the control center.

"Juno and Lopez, you're on the assault team. Juno, you have point on this go. Anything with a weapon that looks at you crosseyed, kill it. Lopez,you are with me on perimeter clean up. Hope your trigger finger is warmed up. Cooper, apprise the Colonel of the situation when he gets here, and make sure everyone comes through. I want yours to be the last face on the other side."
"Yes Ma'am," Cooper said, a grin spreading across his face.

"We're ready to move when you are Major."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 02:20:42 AM »

Mjr Fred Rivers.
SSgt Gary Carter

Gary finaly ran in to the gate room fred looked at him.
"Where the Bloody Hell have you been?" he said walking up to him as the Staff Sergeant strightened up, coughing badly Fred just looked at him. "This is why you should stop smoking arse hole." he said pulling a spare IDC remote from his pocket, knowing British wernt allowed to keep them like they wear their weapons and gear.
"Was busy." Said Gary standing up Fred looked at him
"Wheres Aida?" he asked Gary Shrugged.
"She is just their" he said standing up and pointing towards her Fred nodded at her.
"Aida, up front with me please." he said with a small smile before he looked up at Walter. "Dial it up." he said as he turned to the gate. "You go with the second wave jack arse." Said fred handing him some C4 then turning. "Left-enant, bring your first wave forwards please." He said as he checked his C8 rifle again. He also heard the thud as everybody snapped to attention in the briefing room. he looked up at the window and muttered.
"Jesus Bloody Christ, did the worlds fattest man just fall over up their?" He said as he waited for Walter to dial up the gate.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:14:45 PM by majorfred »

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »

{CSM Walter Harriman USAF} NPC
Walter had the dialing started at the Major's order, and with the latest modifications to the protocols, they shaved off another two seconds from their record time. Walter made sure to annotate that in his shift notes. The Admiral would be pleased to hear it.

"Chevron Seven, locked," he called out, and the gate room was aglow with the initial destabalization. Walter picked up a radio signal almost immediately.

"Sierra-Golf-Charlie, this is Mead. Situation at the gate site has been neutralized. Agressive action is strongly discouraged. All personel are clear to come through. Clearence Code Sierra-Golf-Seven-Alpha-Mike-Eight-Eight-Alpha-Niner-Charlie-Echo. How copy over?"

"Good copy," Walter called back, before opening the Gate Room speakers again. "Major Rivers, you're going to want to hear this."

Walter played back the radio transmission from Abel, relieved that there wouldn't be another fire fight.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 04:46:06 AM »

Mjr Fred Rivers
SSgt Gary Carter

Fred looked at Gary after hearing the message, then looked at Harly. "I dont like this." he said to himself. "Ok." he said turning around, "change of plan. Me, Left-enant Lawler, one marine of her choice and Aida will go through the gate." He said looking down as he pocketed the granade in his hand. "If we dont call back in five muinetes, you come through following the original plan." he looked at Lawler and asked.
"That sound ok to you?" he said he then added. "I dont want any of this bull crap the admirial likes, with you doing what i say because im a major and your not, I need you to be honest, so if you think im wrong tell me ok?" he said to her. He could see gary out the corner of his eye as the man loaded a round in to his AG-36 launcher. then let the rifle hang under his shoulder as he checked the Benili M4 shotgun, loading the side saddle holder with solid slugs from his pocket mumbling a song Fred recognised to himself.

Everywhere we go-o
Pe-ople always ask us
Who we a-are
And where we come from
So we tell them
We're from England
Mighty, mighty England
And if they can't hear us
We sing a little louder

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 06:00:10 AM »

{First Lieutenant Harly Lawler USMC SG-8}

"I've got no issues with that sir," Harly said with a laugh. "You'll be the first to know if I dissagree. Juno, you're with me. Let's move out, we've got a team waiting for us."

Harly and the big Finn headed up the ramp, double checked to make sure Major Rivers was with them, and then stepped through, on a one way tickey to Thedif.

<<Harly and Taguchi Junosque to Thedif>>

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:56 AM »

Mjr Fred Rivers
SSgt Gary Carter

Fred checked over his shoulder and saw gary give a quick nod before fred raised his C8 rifle and stepped through.

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »

Adia Idasson

Adia watched the Major go through the gate and with a deep breath, and raising her own weapon, she followed him through.

<<to Thedif>>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:43:06 PM by GateGirl »
~*~Jenn~*~

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

lethal-pageant