Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 34704 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #720 on: April 18, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »

<control room>

Sarah gave Cheryl credit for holding it together.  There were a lot of people in the control room.  She returned the girl's smile, deciding she would have to go talk with Cheryl later.  Before she could even think Daniel appeared.  Wow it was one big happy reunion.  For the  moment Sarah didn't have much to do.  There hadn't been anything else from Grundel yet.  "Good to have you back Dr. Jackson. "

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #721 on: April 18, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »

"Poor Kid." Al thought to himself looking down on the girl. He wondered what old Frank Brownwell might think of his kid here in the vaunted halls of the SGC, a place he might have at some time been stationed here as CO if it wasn't Landry who had taken over from Hammond; Frank's name was on the list Albert saw at the time. Where was the old man now, perhaps he should ask the Lieutenant one day.

He wasn't able to speak to Jackson just yet, maybe later with him still down in the Gate Room looking as bewildered as ever, some things never change. Albert had his mouth open to speak to Cheryl when a young marine ventured in, surely the SGC could one day invest in a larger Control room, it was starting to feel like a toilet cubicle now. With his utility cap on Reynolds more or less had to return the salute. "At ease Nealson, we're under cover now." Meaning inside. The young fellow wasn't here for a reprimand. He cast a quick glance at the Admiral, the man certainly worked fast he couldn't deny that. "I am aware you've already made acquaintances with our CO here, these two fine ladies are Colonel Sarah Davidson the base XO and second Lieutenant Cheryl Brownwell, Gate tech and the lady who handles our pay. So be good to her."

With that out of his head, he now had to balance his priorities. "Not a lot of duty to perform right now. SG9 has furlow for a day or two, we are however having a get together in town about twenty hundred, it might be handy for you to get in some bonding time with your teammates. Other than that I have this video sent to me from our last mission." Al looked back down to Cheryl. "Lieutenant Brownwell, do me a favor will you please. Once you've decrypted that file, download the video and send it to my cellphone. Colonel Davidson both you and the Admiral might want to check it out as well." Time to bug out as far as he was concerned. "I must go or I know my team will be getting anxious, good night to you all." Before leaving though, he was interested to find out if the new boy was up for a night on the town.

<<To Colorado Springs>>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:13:05 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »

Colonel George Sanderson. MOD Representitive and British Contingent CO

George was a little, confused if he was honest, the new commander seamed very different to any they had had in a while, but he wasn't going to protest, he had been given an order by the IOA, and no matter how many times George had protested and told them he only took orders from the base commander and the MOD, he had been informed many times that the IOA made the decisions around here because the military couldn't be trusted. The one time he had actually done as his supposed bosses had told him to do, there had been an issue, plus the issue he had taken with the habit the senior staff of the SGC had when it came to going straight to the Gate Staff. Hell George was sure he had seen some junior officers do it as well in the past. But he just sighed.

He watched the interaction between Reynolds and who he guessed would be SG-9's new, what, team muscle? From what he knew of SG-9 it was far from a combat team. George wondered how Reynolds was taking the, change of pace after having been with the SG-3 for so long. He finally remembered the other reason he had come in to the gate room. Less of an official matter, more of a personal favour, for Gary's wife, of course she didn't know about the SGC, but she also knew that Gary's cover story was just that. A cover story, but she had gotten used to it, and she didn't ask questions. She knew when the time was right Gary would tell her. But she had George's personal email, she also had the rest of the teams, but it was pointless her contacting them. She knew if Gary wasn't answering the rest were away. George just wanted to give her an ETA of her husbands return. "Oh by the way." He asked to nobody in-particular. "Any updates on the teams in Pegasus?"

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »

Appearing out of nowhere in a blinding light, his first sight was Cheryl waving at him cheerfully from the control room. Offering a smile, he cleared his throat and walked across the room. Listening to her, he muttered softly, "Hey, Cheryl

he barely cut in as the Admiral spoke getting his attention. Something about him being the hospital with two newborns. Only he could understand what that meant. The archeologist nodded, "Yes, Admiral. I will see him if I got time."

Really. Got time? Really Daniel...

Clearing his throat, he adjusted his glasses and responded, Nothing else at the moment, Admiral." Turning to Sarah Davidson, he added, "Thank you, Colonel. Good to be back." He wondered in the presence of an Admiral, maybe he should call everyone by their ranks just to be safe.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2018, 02:45:29 AM »

<Control Room>

"Thank you sir." Cheryl said gratefully to the Admiral, already she was starting to like him. Still it was hard keeping track of everything all at once. "Daniel." She greeted him with a smile, that was all she had for now, then she said hello to Jon which to anyone else might have been seen as innocent, but of all the people in the know about him, within the base she was well ahead of the game; Cheryl knew exactly who he was, but she was sworn to secrecy when General O'Neill had her write the request to the Pentagon. There was no way she would breach that trust.

"SG1 should be here soon Colonel Davidson, when we open the gate to Lucia I expect we'll get an update of the situation there." Cheryl had only ever once dealt with the Goa'uld and then only briefly via a transmission, she wasn't quite sure how their mindset was. "I'll do that as soon as I can Colonel Reynolds." All these Colonels about, she was becoming anxious. "Colonel Sanderson, no not since a day ago, but I am sure Mr Woolsey will update us when he knows there is something of value to fill us in on."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #725 on: April 20, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »

<Control Room>

Sarah silently blew out a breath.  There was a lot to take in all at once.  She gave Cheryl credit for keeping it all straight.  she wasn't so sure she was keeping it straight.  Of course it seemed like lately she was a bit addle brained.  could she blame it on being pregnant?  She really didn't know.

She nodded a hello to Jon.   It was fast filling up in here.  "Thank you Lieutenant.  I shall wait for SG-1 to come back and see what we hear from Lucia.  I wouldn't be surprised if Grundel gets a bit anxious and tries to contact us again," she admitted.  She did hope things were going well there though.  They didn't need anymore enemies in this universe.

"And thank you Colonel Reynolds.  I shall take a look at the video as well.  You enjoy some much needed down time.  Your team has earned it."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #726 on: April 20, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »

<Control Room>

Ian turned and looked at the control room that had gotten increasingly too crowded by far too many distractions. His friendly demeanor once again shifted to the sternness of a man with three stars and a SEAL trident.

"Listen up!" McRaven said, in a tone to be heard over all of the various conversations, "If you are not here as part of the situation unfolding on Lucia or your duties do not directly pertain to the continued functionality of the Control Room, you are dismissed. All other matters will be taken care of as soon as time permits, but we have a very serious situation that may be the precursor of a major conflict, something I do not take lightly. So if you have other duties, return to them. If you do not, please take your conversations elsewhere. And that is an order."

Ian then picked up the phone, and hit the button for the Armory. After two rings, it picked up.

"Armory, this is Admiral McRaven. Tell Colonel Mitchell his team has five minutes to be in the Gate Room, ready to go to Lucia, or I'm re-assigning the mission to someone who takes this situation far more seriously. Tell him that exactly. Control Room out." He said, hanging up almost immediately.

"Colonel Davidson. Did the Air Vice Marshal allow things to be run so casually? Because while I never met General Hammond, I know of his reputation, and I do personally know General Landry, I find it very hard to believe that this would've been permitted under their commands. Ignoring the chain of command, people lollygagging to hotzones, the control room being used as a lounge and gripe center?" Ian asked, looking at Sarah.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »

Colonel George Sanderson. MOD Representitive and British Contingent CO

George had been about to thank Cheryl when the Admiral made he, quite valid complaint. George had been the same a few years ago, but under the previous Admiral and in Landry's later years the base had become more lax on protocol. He was about to open his mouth to say something but decided better of it, he seamed to have stuck his foot in his mouth by Bringing up the MCU thing. it was a weird day, especially considering the fact that the base commander had changed with out so much as a memo. Though he was sure one would find its way to his desk in the next few days. He just turned to Cheryl and nodded his thanks and headed out of the gate room heading back to his office.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »

Jon nodded his acknowledgment to his new team leader. "Tonight, sir. Yes, I'll be there." He nodded at Brownwell, flashed her a smile, because he knew the rules about being nice to the people who handled things like the gate and pay.

Then he heard McRaven's order and ducked out of the room. There were other things to settle before he called his first day a success, like heading for the locker rooms to see if a place had been set up for him yet. He'd need to keep a set of civvies in there, some other necessities, maybe get some pictures of Kim and Sophie up in there so he didn't look like a black ops guy with no history who was using his locker as one more stash pad.

He'd probably also need to swing by the MWR archives to see what fun was to be had, and find out if his team had a spot on base to set their caps and get paperwork done, and also if he could get a little radio for his desk, get the classical station. Did they still play operas in the evenings?

So much to catch up.

Time to go.

<<To Level 25 Room 322 via the Locker Rooms>>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:31:01 PM by Bluebell722 »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »

Sarah shook her head.  She knew it hadn't been and Sean had always kept things running smoothly too.  "No they always ran a tight ship.  Chain of command was always used and there were very few gripes." She tapped her fingertips against her arm.  "I'm not sure where it started falling apart."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #730 on: April 22, 2018, 08:21:13 PM »

<<From Armory via Accommodation>>

Getting the young Jaffa into her gear was done quickly with the usual no fuss Vala attitude. The only delay was the actual tying of the bootlaces, not much of a delay although the concept did confuse Taleeya just a tad. Eventually with a few laughs they managed to achieve the required result, Vala even getting in a few pointers of weapons handling along the way to the Gate room. The most important of those was the safety switch and direction of pointing. That done the two female SG1 members were somehow the first to arrive.

"Just when you think you've got the boys pegged down, they disappoint you. I wonder what's keeping them." She asked just outside the left had blast door leading to the gate ramp.

@Cipherhornet18 @sorra @Veteran52

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #731 on: April 23, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »

<Control Room>

Cam half walked, half jogged, into the control room, approaching Admiral McRaven and seeing a whole bunch of people making their way out.

"Sir. Did we get a development from Lucia?" Cam asked.

"Not yet, Colonel, but I'd rather not wait on that to get your team back out there. We're losing time and I'm not about to let us get caught off-guard." McRaven replied. "I won't apologize for lighting a fire under your butts, Colonel, but the timing left me in the wrong mood to convey it. Please, rejoin your team and let's get this show on the road." Cam nodded, the meaning was clear enough to him that he wasn't going to argue with a Three-Star on the matter.

"Understood, sir." Cam replied and made his way to the Gate Room itself. Ian turned to Cheryl.

"Lieutenant, please dial up Lucia." Ian ordered.

Cam rejoined the others in the Gate Room, readying his SCAR as he did so.

"Alright, then. Let's get a hustle on here, we got way too many people waiting on us." Cam said while they waited for the gate to dial.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #732 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »

Finally things had settled down to some order, Cheryl appreciated that as she was starting to get a headache of sorts. She did though manage to pass a grin to Sarah, both of them knew only too well where things had fallen apart. It rested on her shoulders and that of Walter's as well for not standing firm on base orders as was within their purview going back to General Landry. Only required personnel were to be in the control room at any one time, no matter what their rank was.

Smiling, happy to be back at work she lifted her head to the Admiral. "Yessir." One by one the Chevrons locked into position until the seventh symbol lit up. The big Kawoosh announced a lock. She began transmitting immediately.

"Lucia this is Stargate command, Earth. Request permission to send our advance team through." Cheryl covered her mouth at that point, addressing the Admiral directly. "Sir won't they be expecting ships from us?"

"Permission granted."

"We're clear sir." Cheryl said once the confirmation was received.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #733 on: April 23, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »

<<From Armory via Accommodation>>

Taleeya had to laugh at herself when it came to the boots.   Laces certainly weren't anything she was used to.  Although thanks to Vala they got it accomplished and apparently ahead of the men.

"Never trust a man to be on time," she commented.

<control room >

It felt good to breathe again.  Sarah has been feeling a bit claustrophobic.   Something she wasn't used to.  Not to mention Cheryl seemed happier with just a couple people.   She stood back as Lucia was called up again.  Hopefully they weren't too late.   They really couldn't chance losing Lucia even if it meant helping the Gou'ld.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:34:50 AM by sorra »

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.
« Reply #734 on: April 24, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »

Coop shifted his pack and stepped towards the gate, smiling.  It was a new place, full of possibilities and the proper place for his type of work.  He re-checked his vest pocket and found the remembered shape of his silencer, that would fit on his new rifle.  Stepping through the gate.."That was interesting Sir..Where do we go from here?"[color].
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:23:14 PM by Veteran52 »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61