Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 63492 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #1095 on: September 10, 2019, 11:31:59 PM »

Captain Taer Amir

"Just around the corner, behind the mess of a salad someone made," Taer smirked entering the gateroom. He just got in as those words escaped Bonnie's mouth. Exhaling, he shook his head, "Dropped something important back there, so I had to go back and get it. Sorry for the delay.

Approaching left of Reynolds, the fully geared Captain tapped his forehead and nodded, "Let's get the show on the road, huh?"

Tech Sergeant Guy Hart, SG22

Guy had already arrived in the gate room. Just lagged behind a bit to see Chris about to leave. Raising his hand, the sergeant waved and mumbled, "See ya 'round, Corporal."

He sighed taking his place along with SG22. He saluted with a nod at Gallagher, "Ready and geared up to go, sir."

The sergeant recognized Donovan, so there was no need for him to introduce other than waving at him in acknowledgement. Turning to their resident Jaffa in the room, he cleared his throat to get her attention, "Hey. Are you Taleeya? I've seen you around but we never really met. I'm Guy Hart. Tech Sergeant. Welcome onboard." he replied offering his hand for the handshake.

@Justin @sorra @Veteran52
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:02:49 AM by DanielRyder »
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Veteran52

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »

<<SGC-Gateroom>>
Lt. Donovan raised his hand and smiled,acknowledging the Sgt.s greeting.He also moved over quickly to add his introduction and his greetings to the newest team-member,Taleeya!"Lt.Donovan,XO of SG-22,Taleeya,welcome aboard 22. I have heard of some of the missions you were part of,good work!

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #1097 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:21 PM »

A man couldn't help but to smile at the team interaction, something was happening that was a very rare commodity in the majority of situations that involved competing teams working together as cohesive units. To him the chatter was a form of bonding, not only within each individual team, it was inter team bonding he felt was taking place into the bargain. His only reservation was for SG-12, Rivers still tended to hold back with the rest of his unit, preferring more to keep to themselves other than the odd comment from him.

"No I'm good Cam. You know Cate as well as I do, would you stick your hand into a Viper's nest willingly?" Plus he knew that Cam and Cate had a relationship years ago prior to her second marriage and he had no idea how he felt about her now; a man does tend to hide his emotions far more than a woman does, Al knew that as well as anyone did. "Stow it Bonnie." He tapped her hand to put the coin away, they won't be needing it.

"Are you implying women are snakes? I resent that!" Vala put in while that mouth was parted with her everyday cheesy grin.

"What? Er no I didn't mean-" He shut his mouth.

Since there wasn't any order of priority and SG-4 was still one short, it fell to his team to head out first. "Just in time Captain. Walter dial up P6G-12M please." Looking back to Cam and MacGregor he dipped his head. "Do what you need to do Cam, Cate, we'll see you whenever this is over I guess. Colonel Morales, Major Gallagher, we're up. Let's move out the second that puddle settles." Hunching his shoulders to get his pack in the right place, Al waited for the dial up.

@Thaddeus @Justin

Vala blushed. She knew she carried baggage as a thief, yet that was now a long way behind her, she only used those talents when the team benefited. "Well there might be something you know, that looks like treasure but its really really important. Know what I mean?"

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:09:08 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #1098 on: September 11, 2019, 09:33:29 PM »

On:
<Gateroom from Infirmary>

Technology was great, when it worked. While at the infirmary to collect the medical gear for the upcoming mission, William asked one of the techs to update the medical roster for SG-4. While the tablet was conceivably able to hold everyone's medical records, there was no reason to do so. Of course, the network chose that time to lag. Once that was all taken care of, he grabbed the rest of his gear before joining the others in the gateroom.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #1099 on: September 12, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »

<Gateroom>

DJ stood patiently, waiting for the other teams to decide who was going first in the pecking order. SG-4 seemed to be a few people short but they were on their way out again. The dynamic was different but he would have to just get used to it. When the question had been posed to where Amir had gone, they didn't need to wait too long as the said man appeared, apologising for the delay.

"I guess we're all accounted for now?" He asked, albeit more to himself than the others.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:30:53 AM by Thaddeus »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 321
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1100 on: September 12, 2019, 01:40:49 AM »

What a week it had been. Walter couldn't recall when the gate room had been so busy; in fact his buddy Siler had to pull three of the chevron clamps over night to replace them (no one really knew how old they were or if the Ancients ever did maintenance themselves). "Dialing now Colonel." Going through the process was routine now, with Sam Carter's virtual speed dial, making it as fast if not faster than your average old DHD.

Each chevron locked in turn until the last "Chevron seven locked!" Walter announced as the kawoosh filled the gate room.

@Justin

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #1101 on: September 12, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »

{Col. Jim Morales}

Jim had been watching everything to the side in silence. Part of his job was to see how people interacted to better approach how to instruct them and to see what they knew and didn't know.

He wore well-worn Multicam fatigues, though the top was a long-sleeve t-shirt style, with the pattern only on the sleeves. The rest was a shade of brown with a little red to the hue but not much. As such, his SGC patches were on his plate carrier and pack. He had a 1911 in a drop holster on his thigh, it was hard to tell what make though the grip frame was tan and the grip panels had a checkered desert camo pattern. Jim's primary wasn't a P90, but rather an M4. It had a painted on camo pattern of OD and black in a loose approximation of tiger stripes, though the optics and magazines were not painted; the optics in this case being an ACOG scope. He also didn't have a helmet on, though a tan helmet, the style US Special Forces used, was clipped to his pack. Instead, he wore a tan ballcap with a matching US Flag patch on it.

As the Stargate came to life, Jim made his way up to the ramp, taking up position with SG-22. He racked a round into chamber, and pulled on his black wraparound sunglasses.

"Alright Major. You lead, I'll follow." He said. It was important to Jim that he not do anything to usurp the Major's authority - his team had to look to him, not the aging Marine Colonel, for leadership. His role was observation and guidance, not to tell the other man how to do a job he likely already knew how to.

Cam had a chuckle at Fred's response, "Ah well, might be something there you can borrow for the job if we get to it. Besides, better that way - Ba'al and his buddies paid to have their place leveled if you think about it that way."

"No one was implying you were a viper, Vala. But he does kind of have a point with her..." Daniel said in a lowered voice as Cam turned his attention to Al Reynolds before looking to Cate.

"Have fun out there, if you happen to find a box to lock Ba'al in, let us know." He said with a wave and a chuckle to Reynolds before his gaze went to Cate.

"Your dinner plans all set then? Need to also call the hotel?" Cam asked, "We're about to go next, so might wanna do that. I hear reception is lousy when you get a few AU away from the network."

"Also, if you really wanted someone to vouch for me, why not ask the one who authorized my being here in the first place. The commander's office is just up there, is it not?" Adrestia pointed up about where the CO's office was above the gate room. "Honestly, it's hard to stay pleasant with all of you wanting to rip me out of Larissa's head with your bare hands..."

Cam took a breath, before rubbing his face with both hands. He then stepped in front of the teams he was going with, clapping once to get everyone's attention.

"Okay. I've had about enough of this. Adrestia - stop egging people on. You're going, but no one trusts Goa'uld that much. I have no opinions one way or the other on Larissa. Everyone else - Adresitia is here, which means she is part of this mission until I say otherwise." He emphasized that with a hard gaze fixed on Cate. He wasn't about to have her take charge of the situation, equal ranks or not.

"That also means that we are done threatening her life like a bunch of ex-cons. I made my point, that's all that has to be said. We are done discussing this, let's focus on either getting the Goa'uld to play ball or finding Ba'al's latest toys and breaking them. If I hear it again, I'm going to have a one-on-one with you and it will not be pleasant." Cam concluded.

Daniel didn't say anything, but he did nod in understanding. It did nothing to calm his fears, but he also knew that it was the only way to keep things together. If people kept threatening their...guide...then logically, she'd probably betray them out of self-preservation if not for anything else.

Adrestia gave a long blink before turning control over to Larissa, who muttered something none to pleasant in Russian, something Daniel decided not to translate. But the Russian spook did nod to indicate she understood what Cam said as well.

Impiousimp

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Impiousimp Thumb turning green.Impiousimp Thumb turning green.
« Reply #1102 on: September 12, 2019, 09:13:49 PM »

Kylee was occupying her attention with rechecking her gear while the others spoke.   She'd nodded to Adrestia regarding her response to her question and she would have liked to know more, of course, hungry for knowledge as she was.   She kept her mouth shot and observed the group, taking every opportunity to size up her new team in a practical sense.  She'd read reports, she's even written lengthy papers on some of the missions where it pertained to her field of study.    Daniel clearly had a problem with Adrestia being with them and she understood the fundamentals behind his apprehension and she didn't blame him.

Might be best to remain quiet, hopefully allowing Adrestia to underestimate her.   

"I dunno Colonel, I'm starting to like her.  Not many Goa'uld are willing to share a body.  That's a mark in her favor in my book." She said with a tight grin, almost cocky, but she was anything but.   It was more determination.  Like hell she was going to let someone pull one over on them.  From here on in she was going to take in every detail she could, so any trust she was putting in Adrestia was tentative.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #1103 on: September 12, 2019, 09:49:01 PM »

SG-12
Major Fred Rivers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers

Fred gave a small nod.
"Sorry Colonel." That got him a teasing nudge from Gary who remembered the times when the pair were in basic infantry training and were getting a bollocking for being a little to undisciplined. Behind him his team Geek and Medic just smirked.
Fred looked to the Russian Goa'ild Hybrid unsure which one was in charge of the body at that moment. "Sorry." he said to her, holding out a hand as a sign of peace. "I want to trust you, But I joined the program when the goa'uld were still the bad guys." He wasnt trying to showboat, he just wanted it clear that he would do it, but there was no point in continuing the conversation, as the Colonel had said. It was done and for him it now was. he stepped back and took a moment to check over his rifle. Giving his PVS-14 a little shake to make sure it was secured to the new rifle properly. When he had removed the mount from his C8 rifle, he had needed a screwdriver, a few years of alien mud and dirt had secured it on there very well, and this new weapon just felt so, clean, and he was worried that lack of friction would work the night vision sight loose. Of course the rational part of him told him that would never happen but the rifle still felt wrong. The texture on the grip was still sharp like new, not worn, the saftey was a little stiff as it didnt have years of wear from him flicking it on and off. But he was a professional. He could use the rifle, and well, he was ashamed to say it but it was better than his old one, or at least it seamed to shoot better. He was taken from his train of thought about his niggles with the rifle when SG-1's new geek spoke up. he wanted to mention that the Tok'ra shared the body between snake and host and some of them were still pretty crappy people

Justin

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #1104 on: September 13, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »

As the Jaffa woman joined him and said she was ready, he quickly turned to her. "Glad to have you with us Taleeya" Gallagher said. He really was glad of it. She was the one element of this team that he knew. The others he did not know. All of them had to have been good at what they did or they wouldn't have been sent here. Nonetheless, he was still not happy with the fact that he had been made the commander of a team with no prior knowledge about it, literally minutes before they left for an op.

Then the Australian showed up again."Mister Donovan. You will not have to introduce yourself every time you see me" the Major began. "I'm not quite a senile pensioner yet" he added, lightening the mood a little bit. He did not want to lash out about small things such as that just yet.

The gate began spooling up, and almost as soon as it was opened he began moving. "Twenty-two. When we get through, I want a baseline facing away from the gate. Cover SG Nine as they follow us" he told the team. Taking a quick breath, he stepped through the gate.

>>To P6G-12M>>
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 105
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #1105 on: September 13, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »

**phone**

"Will do.  Be careful out there."

Bryan couldn't help but laugh.  Bonnie was in a great mood and it was contagious.  He grinned.  "Only you would carry a lucky coin," he teased her as Amir joined them.  It seemed like they weren't going to need it though. Darn anyhow.  That could have been interesting.

Taleeya nodded to her team.  "Great to be working with all of you," she answered, shaking Guy's hand
  Gallagher was the only one she knew but this new team would be interesting to learn.

Flynn slipped over to Cate.  Her friend looked like she had something on her mind.  "All good?" She whispered.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #1106 on: September 16, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »

"Some kids were born with a silver spoon in their mouth Walker, Bonnie was born with a lucky dollar." Al quipped casually. For as long as he had known her, Heckman had carried that coin and maybe, just maybe there was something in it. "A box of very sharp blades Cam. See you when we get back or whenever I suppose you get back." He tapped his forehead to Mitchell.

Al waited a minute for twenty two to clear the ramp, he lowered his head and with a wave of his hand behind him, led his team out. "SG-9 we're on the move. Once we're on the other side stay sharp as I don't know whether the Goa'uld were happy to have let well enough alone. Captain Amir you can lead us to the Ancient ruins when we get there." He took the steps up the ramp before disappearing into the event horizon.

<<To P6G-12M>>

@Mim @sorra @DanielRyder

"Um I suppose." Vala was now slightly confused. She had to shake her head briefly to clear the cobwebs, her eyes darting between the Goa'uld/Russian and Cate. All of a sudden the tall Australian had become the focus, for what reason she had no idea. "Can we just get on?" She asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 321
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1107 on: September 17, 2019, 02:41:55 AM »

So everyone was on it now? Anxiety before the rodeo even begun, not exactly a perfect picture to get people off to a mission was it? Bonnie was so glad it was them and not her team, or she should be saying, Colonel Reynolds team. Funny thing was, the man was so laid back he'd be more than likely laughing about the whole thing and in a way it was kind of humorous. "Toodles everyone." Bonnie could only grin as she walked backwards through the gate waving.

>>To P6G-12M>>>

Like a reflex reaction, Cate put up her hands in surrender, she'd had enough of it for one day. "I'm cool. Oh and Cam I was making a booking for something very important." She battered her eye lashes like some cheap tart looking for a one night stand. But the way Cate did it was so ridiculous the only reaction it'd get was some laughter. Cheap she wasn't and the action didn't suit her. She wasn't about to do the same towards Adrestia/Larissa, Cate had to though let the woman know something. "Maybe later when there's time I can tell you so you'll understand why I react the way I do towards you. Nothing personal, it takes me a little longer to warm up to the Goa'uld than it did once before. For now lets just call it a truce okay?"

It was dumb anyway, what point was there in having so much disharmony just as they were about to go off on what could be an extremely important mission in the battle against Ba'al. In the end Cate had to admit to herself that if it wasn't for a Goa'uld she wouldn't be standing where she was right now; somewhere in many of them was still that remote tough on humanity. Cate had to make sure she didn't fall into that abyss of destruction again and become as bad as many of them were.

Standing near her pack on the floor, Cate shuffled her feet for a second, then putting everything out of her head she gathered her team. "I don't know what we're going to find out from Major Coffin and SG7 in regard to this planet; or whether whatever he tells us is going to be relevant either as days have passed since they were there and anything could have changed the situation since then. At least if nothing else he can tell us which way to go.” She bent to pick her pack and rifle up, twisting her head upwards as she did so. “We’ll stick together at least until we get a feel for the place.” That was probably a disappointment for their new shooter, not much can be done on that score. “Cam.” Cate lifted the pack onto her back. “When do you want to call seven? From here or when we get there.” She pointed to the Puddle and the disappearing Bonnie.

@Troy @sorra @Thaddeus
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:30:52 AM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 105
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #1108 on: September 17, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »

Bryan laughed.  "Very true there, sir."  He knew Al was right.  Bonnie had had that coin forever.  Even when he first knew her.  He grabbed his gear and followed Bonnie through the Gate.

>>To P6G-12M>>>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #1109 on: September 18, 2019, 12:01:23 AM »

Cam was starting to get impatient, once the last person was through the gate, he turned to the control room window.

"Alright, Walter, spin it up! Got places to be." Cam said, before turning back to Cate.

"We'll make contact once we're there. Jackson, do you at least have the notes on the mission?" Cam asked.

"Yeah. Doctor Grecko did leave me some notes, in the event we can't reach SG-7. Hopefully, we don't need to interact with whatever the Ancients left in place, but if that's the case, Kylee can handle that." Daniel replied. Cam nodded.

"I've got no doubt about that. And she's got all the backup anyone could ask for." Cam said, glancing at SG-4, but gave Ky a nod and a grin of encouragement.

"You know, spare me the excuses. I don't need to hear anyone's justifications for what has been said. My only crime was doing my duty, both to Russia and for Earth. Whatever favor you think attacking Adresita is doing me, it isn't." Larissa said. Her English carried not a trace of Russian accent to it. If anything, it was closer to Canadian, a mark of her trade craft and her education.

"And what was that? Daniel asked. Larissa glanced at him.

"What was your duty, to Russia and Earth?"

"Trying to warn people about Ba'al. Unfortunately, I broke rules and my warnings were heeded too late. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?" Larissa asked, with a slight tilt of her head.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75

lethal-pageant